----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Is Myth really that bad a school?

Quote Originally Posted by Paige Deathsong View Post
      Lol, not so much. Not sure why.
      Maybe because colossafrog isn't used nearly as often.

SanicTheHedfghog is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was told this like 2-3 years ago in game that someone didn't like myth cause they found the school kinda disgusting (guess people just don't like vomiting frogs).

I found myth to be so interesting. A giant cool looking basilisk, a huge clock with a sick looking animation which imo has one of the best animations in game, dimension shift (even tho it kinda has no uses) looks amazing, the utility myth gets in general is pretty cool and the minions can be pretty fun and good to quest with. Having double hits like orthrus and minotaur is amazingly strong too.

Myth in pvp right now is actually pretty strong and after the nerfs to some of the recent spells its making it better for myth to fight against balance and fire (fighting fire is still pretty hard tho).

Some may think myth is top 4 now

Still, i think people at max still prefer fire ice and balance cause of pvp and are usually just better.

for pve death storm balance and fire are just really good and play well together farming so that could be another reason why you may not see many myths i guess.

To answer the question tho of the thread, no myth is not a bad school at all.
      Last edited by SanicTheHedfghog; 12-5-19 at 6:53:22 PM.

Made by the amazing Mad Hatter :D

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My third wizard is Myth, and I just never seem to have the time to quest with her very often so she's around level 72. I mostly gravitate back to my main Life wizard for points in events and such, and then poof, the time is gone.

I don't think it's that bad a school, but it does have a very different focus and requires a more thoughtful play style. For those who value damage-dealing and are impressed by ending battles quickly, I can see how Myth would not appeal to them. Using minions to their best advantage is a skill that most players don't seem to care to develop, either - or monstrology. Monstrology can be very helpful for a myth wizard, but I almost never see anyone using them in battles. Taking the time and making the effort to collect the animus required for high-level summons isn't for everyone.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Lady Cat is offline With the angels

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My My1th Wizard is ine of my three warlords from the 1st age ( gilden) of Rank PvP and the wizard I won 3 PvP tournaments here on Central that year. Another aspect of Myth is as a shield breaker. Lady cat says meow
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast
      ----

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have a couple of myth wizards. Although they're both a low level (one being a level 8), I do enjoy playing them whenever I quest a little on them. I tend to use the haunted minion as a little damage dealer while I save for pips. Other than that, they both have the standard damage/critical pet I make for all of my wizards to help boost them. I've no problem soloing anything.
      Wizards vs Bosses

Paige Whisper is offline Adept Wizard

• Paige Whisper's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Paige Whisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sheriff Snoopie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My myth was my 7th wizard to max, and as much as I love her and I love playing her, as others have said, myth's just outclassed. There's nothing that myth can do that another school can't do better.

That doesn't make myth a bad school--it's rather fun, actually, with some very unique spell animations--but there's a reason I left it out before the 7th character slot was added.

However, I will say that in my opinion, having done the battle on all 7 schools, myth makes the best hitter for Titan's Trident
      Paige Whisper Jacob Flame Ryan RainCaller Kiley Dusk Fallon Dawn Sarah OwlRider Nora StoryDust

Elemutation is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Elemutation's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian Dragonheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sabertooth

Mood:
      Cynical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
      what about the rare death version of froggie?
      Considering the Gloomy Eye variant is 100% accurate for some reason, it does make for a very good early-game pet for Death. Blade, too.

At midnight all the agents, And the superhuman crew, Come out and round up everyone

That knows more than they do
      - Bob Dylan, Desolation Row

megalithia is offline Novice Wizard

• megalithia's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Catherine SummerBlade
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Shaggy Toby
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Opossum

Mood:
      Crazy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

interesting topic! myth was my 6th wizard, a choice i made over ice. most of the people i asked said to do ice because "myth sucked," so i chose myth anyways to see for myself. i basically soloed the entire game with my myth up to 130 (including jabberwock, starfall sea, and more, but excluding things like waterworks or darkmoor). however, it was only possible becus of advantages i could get early on, like a wandering eye pet that was crucial for soloing -- especially later once minions stopped being good and humongofrog wasnt enough damage to finish boss fights quickly. however, not a lot of people have the ability to do what i did, and i think that without the resources i had from being an experienced player, i would not have been as successful as i was soloing on myth.

now my myth has been max for a while, and sadly she is my least played. the reason is pretty much what everyone has already said -- myth doesnt have a role it fills that other schools cant do better. why farm as a hitter on myth when i can use my storm? why use myth as support when i have my balance & death? another thing i did for my myth was get her a jade setup to use for farming darkmoor. why? becus i realized that most teams would not take my myth as a hitter. if i wanted to easily get teams for darkmoor, i had to make myself worth taking, and the only way i could do that was to fill the hard-to-find jade healer role. now, at 130, ive since given her ward pet to death and her jade gear to balance becus those schools have better utility (jujus and blades respectively) that make them better team jades. i farm catacombs now, and when picking who to bring, my logic is: for jade utility, balance/death; for jade healing, life; for hitting, storm. myth is my only max who likely wont be doing the catacombs becus i have no real reason to farm with her. just like in darkmoor, she has no real place on a team that another school cant fill. she would only work as a hitter (and not a bad one, with 151 dmg & 700+ crit), but theres rarely a time to pick myth hitter over storm hitter, except in special cases (like druid, if i ever wanted to farm it -- but id sooner swim with sharks ).

dont get me wrong, i really love myth! it has very cool spells and i love the concept & lore of the school. i dont think myth is bad at all, but the lack of a specialized role means it has little use outside of solo questing, which means mine is benched post-game while i farm with other schools. i would really like for myth to get revamped, making them a unique utility school thats also better at hitting than the other utility schools. im actually interested in how spellwrighting could aid this -- its the perfect opportunity for myth spell upgrades that add more interesting mechanics (like 2-hits), upgrade solo utility (minions) that make them almost as good as death for soloing, improved team utility, and so on -- all which could bring myth back up in popularity and late-game usefulness!

*Erin* is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• *Erin*'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Erin RosePetal
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  I prefer Bella after my cat but alas Isabella is only offered in game. Hmm what to do?
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  I got hundreds! Eek not putting them all in...

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I absolutely love myth! I have at least two of every school and my favorites ranked 1 to 3 are 1. Myth 2. Fire and 3. Death.

So my experience having maxed myth's is I find myth an excellent school all around. They are so versatile is their roles it does not matter what you need a myth wizard can do it and then some. I prefer to hit/tank on my myth. So she normally is my damage. I do admit if I had supercharge in a myth spell it would take a few rounds less with blades but seeing as storm is the only school with it outside of a pet, that is ok.

I know people always bring up minions but quite honestly I very rarely even used one while questing the first arc. Never used them in the other arcs at all. They can be all you need though in pvp. I have at least one maxed wiz then every school at some point have done pvp, no higher than magus. When I did pvp I knew going in on fire and myth unless I had a terrible hand on me then it was pretty much in the bag the win. I loved playing the myth one so much I went overlord and beyond on her. Minions for pvp all the way!

So from someone with multiple myth wizards and having used them for most parts of the game I think they are a solid school. I have not done high level pvp though so if your aim was just to level to max then pvp on a myth I could not give experience on that aspect. The only part of all the arcs I wanted to throw something at my screen was in Mooshu. I forget which area but all it was myth mobs and omg they put up storm shield like no tomorrow so converts were not a option. Every school though has some part of the game that is dominated by their school and just stinks to quest that school through.

Avatar by Wizardpower100, siggy by The Mad Hatter
      ~Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.~

KieranCaster is offline Magus Wizard

• KieranCaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  KieranCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Constable Millie - The Critical Pet!
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ornery Kookaburra

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Myth was my second wizard. I really liked the double hits.

Myth had Ramp spells before Ramp was Ramp, except with Myth, there is no idle round before the 2nd hit came. (Minotaur and Orthrus) Though the second damage is less than Ramp, and there isnít much of a chance to cast another trap before the second hit explodes, the trade-off was pip preservation for hitting the next round.

Basing a strategy on double hits made Myth (for me) a fun and successful Grandmaster Warlord. I coupled that with a high HP minion, Myth was just fun to use.

Name:  1st age.png
Views: 287
Size:  312.8 KBName:  2nd age.png
Views: 284
Size:  296.5 KBName:  3rd age.png
Views: 283
Size:  297.2 KBName:  4th age.png
Views: 285
Size:  308.9 KB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast