lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Not Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

does a wiz ban mean ban for all people?

So I'm not naming names, but shall we say a well known toxic youtuber who plays wiz was banned about 2 years ago. His friends DDos the heck out of the game, and cause havoc during the birthday month trying to get him reinstated, threatening to expose KI for things I don't recall. This individual has been streaming Wiz openly for months, and not even hiding his identity, has a clearly recognizable name on a streaming channel that KI LIVE is on, is back with a Warlord in PVP.

People got banned for taking advantage of an tiny exploit the gave them a tiny handful of gold in Azteca. Yet he well almost took down Wiz for 2 weeks. What the heck?

Epic Patrick is offline Legendary Wizard

• Epic Patrick's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Patrick
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Buddy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: does a wiz ban mean ban for all people?

i remember that exploit from many years ago, back when the game was very alive. i think they should take a closer look at how many paying players they ban, and for what reasons, if they want to remain in business. i have a friend who was in the middle of a quest when servers went down for maintenance, and his quest got stuck. he emailed KI and they perm banned him for hacking lol. it's also sad to think that people were permanently banned over GOLD exploits. why not just turn their gold negative for the character that exploited it? they're way too quick to ban innocent people imo. any amount of gold they could've "exploited" at that time can now now be easily farmed in mere hours today.

i also remember way back in the old days, there was a way to get all crown shop items for gold. this was early in the game's existence, so of course they didn't ban anyone. shocker. they actually took responsibility for THEIR mistake, instead of blaming it on the player for taking advantage of a game mechanic that existed due to THEIR ERROR. terrible policy

Sonorous is offline Magus Wizard

• Sonorous's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Elijah Watervault
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Sammy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Burning Dryad

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      So I'm not naming names, but shall we say a well known toxic youtuber who plays wiz was banned about 2 years ago. His friends DDos the heck out of the game, and cause havoc during the birthday month trying to get him reinstated, threatening to expose KI for things I don't recall. This individual has been streaming Wiz openly for months, and not even hiding his identity, has a clearly recognizable name on a streaming channel that KI LIVE is on, is back with a Warlord in PVP.

People got banned for taking advantage of an tiny exploit the gave them a tiny handful of gold in Azteca. Yet he well almost took down Wiz for 2 weeks. What the heck?
      I'm not an expert on this subject but I believe that using a VPN can block IP bans? So he could just keep creating accounts even if he got banned and starting over without fear of being IP banned, though I don't know how this would benefit him at all.

Credit to Expelliarmus for my signature and avatar

Mood:
      Not Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Patrick View Post
      i remember that exploit from many years ago, back when the game was very alive. i think they should take a closer look at how many paying players they ban, and for what reasons, if they want to remain in business. i have a friend who was in the middle of a quest when servers went down for maintenance, and his quest got stuck. he emailed KI and they perm banned him for hacking lol. it's also sad to think that people were permanently banned over GOLD exploits. why not just turn their gold negative for the character that exploited it? they're way too quick to ban innocent people imo. any amount of gold they could've "exploited" at that time can now now be easily farmed in mere hours today.

i also remember way back in the old days, there was a way to get all crown shop items for gold. this was early in the game's existence, so of course they didn't ban anyone. shocker. they actually took responsibility for THEIR mistake, instead of blaming it on the player for taking advantage of a game mechanic that existed due to THEIR ERROR. terrible policy
      Even back then you could farm for more gold through halfang(or probably just mobs around the spiral in general) or even gardening like I did back then. The glitched item wasn't even worth the effort of collecting hundreds of times, IIRC it was only worth 10-20 gold
      Last edited by lethargy101; 9-18-19 at 10:24:34 AM.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I get what your saying here. You have those who have channels that dont get banned, but then there are those who are less known for doing something so minor, imo, who did. I said it back then and I will say it again. KI should have given a notice about that and if players continue to use it, then they should pay the price. However, for something that the creators did, they should not ban people. I am sorry, but I have yet to see the true harm in it.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sonorous View Post
      I'm not an expert on this subject but I believe that using a VPN can block IP bans? So he could just keep creating accounts even if he got banned and starting over without fear of being IP banned, though I don't know how this would benefit him at all.
      It can, but it can also assign you a previously banned IP and get you into trouble. Players tried to use VPNs a couple years ago when KI blanket banned regions of IP addresses trying to stop some of the shenanegans and found this out the hard way. They ended up with their accounts banned, even when things went back to normal. I believe KI reversed some of the bans, but why risk it? Don't use free VPNs if you plan to do this. If you use a decent, paid VPN chances are much lower that it's been abused.

The second comment I have is that it seems dumb to ban an IP when it's the person who should be? Those with the technical knowledge and resources can be right back on the game regardless of what they did. But KI seems to have always been more process focused than results oriented, so we have a very mixed result we'll all have to live with. If KI wanted, there are other ways to ban players besides IP. It would be nice if they reviewed their policy and made it both more fair and player friendly.

Mood:
      Not Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      I get what your saying here. You have those who have channels that dont get banned, but then there are those who are less known for doing something so minor, imo, who did. I said it back then and I will say it again. KI should have given a notice about that and if players continue to use it, then they should pay the price. However, for something that the creators did, they should not ban people. I am sorry, but I have yet to see the true harm in it.
      Absolutely "exploiting" a flaw with gold or general dropped items is minor pointless "offence". Ripping off Crowns is another matter but KI should really have better security if that is the case. I'm sure most people banned off something involving crowns or crown items were told of a vulnerability, not actually exploiting/hacking. It's the companies job to know these things, as far as my knowledge goes, companies pay good money to close these problems in security, not punish kids.

However when you are attacking the game that's not innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      It can, but it can also assign you a previously banned IP and get you into trouble. Players tried to use VPNs a couple years ago when KI blanket banned regions of IP addresses trying to stop some of the shenanegans and found this out the hard way. They ended up with their accounts banned, even when things went back to normal. I believe KI reversed some of the bans, but why risk it? Don't use free VPNs if you plan to do this. If you use a decent, paid VPN chances are much lower that it's been abused.

The second comment I have is that it seems dumb to ban an IP when it's the person who should be? Those with the technical knowledge and resources can be right back on the game regardless of what they did. But KI seems to have always been more process focused than results oriented, so we have a very mixed result we'll all have to live with. If KI wanted, there are other ways to ban players besides IP. It would be nice if they reviewed their policy and made it both more fair and player friendly.
      I know little about IP bans but surely nobody has a fixed IP forever? right? you switch internet providers and you get a new IP?

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Cynical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I know little about IP bans but surely nobody has a fixed IP forever? right? you switch internet providers and you get a new IP?
      All computers have a built in address called MAC address that is permanent and can not be changed. If that address is banned, the owner can never use it to log back in to the site he/she was banned from. If the site does a MAC ban, they should also do an account and IP ban at the same time.

Eventually, the person will find a way to get back in but it will take some time and a lot of effort to do so. Hopefully, by the time they find a way to get in, it has cost them enough cash they MIGHT think twice about exploiting anything they come across.

The sad thing about a MAC ban is that the owner will sell or give the computer away and just buy another. IF the person that buys it tries to use it to go to the same site, it will be blocked and chances are, the IP will be also since the MAC has already been tagged.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 9-18-19 at 9:06:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Fallon WinterLeaf

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Absolutely "exploiting" a flaw with gold or general dropped items is minor pointless "offence". Ripping off Crowns is another matter but KI should really have better security if that is the case. I'm sure most people banned off something involving crowns or crown items were told of a vulnerability, not actually exploiting/hacking. It's the companies job to know these things, as far as my knowledge goes, companies pay good money to close these problems in security, not punish kids.

However when you are attacking the game that's not innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

I am unaware of crown exploit, but the big one I know of which players got banned for was the mushrooms from Aztecs. That was the one I was referring to. Players would farm then and sell them for fast gold. Which is harmless.

I never heard about the crowns exploit. If I did, I would agree that is totally wrong v can you explain in what happened

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Jaded Gaze is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post

The person should be? The only way that could happen is if they screencheck every individual and ask for photo ID's and personal information. Do we really want to start going down that path and giving away personal information to game company's? I certainly don't. Anonymity is something that should be cherished on the internet, that's what makes it free. Tho its going the way of the dodo and more censorship and restrictions imposed every day because of soccer moms and sjw's crying cause someone said something they didn't like or disagreed with.

I mean one would think that wouldn't happen anyway. Creating a game account to start playing a game should be as easy as pie, and it is. I would assume game company's want it that way and would even want a player they banned to go right ahead and make another account and keep on playing from scratch, more money for them, but of course on the flip side i'm sure they would love having that information and power and would probably be all for it, and its something that we seem to be heading towards, a more dystopian future with no privacy whatsoever and everything monitored and censored. Social credit score anyone?
      Last edited by Jaded Gaze; 9-19-19 at 4:48:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast