• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 17
    1. #1
      William Sunstrider's Avatar
        William Sunstrider is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Thinking
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      71
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      247
      Thanks (Received)
      183
      Gold
      101.50

      Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Hello Peoples,

      I hear there has been a lot of talk about KI releasing information soon regarding gardening rewards and the possibility it may be done away with. I do not recall there ever having been a subscription benefit permanently removed in the past. I just wanted to take a minute to give you my views and opinions about the situation. Gardening rewards, in my opinion, is the biggest benefit there is in Wizard101 in regards to player profit. Over the past few years, gardening rewards normally starts on a Wednesday at 10:00 A.M. and ends on a Monday morning at 10:00 A.M. During that time, a wizard has the potential to profit greatly if preparations are made in advance. Here is an example. Let's say a player has 100 couch potatoes valued at 1500 crowns each. They decide to leave them at elder until gardening rewards hits. When gardening rewards starts, they immediately harvest, replant and send excess seeds through the shared bank to gardens that are prepared in advance on other characters. If a person is diligent and visits their gardens at least twice a day to keep the timers running, they can double again before the week is up. A person that had 100 couch potato seeds now has 400 couch potato seeds. That is a profit of 300 seeds. Here comes the rub... 300*1500 = a potential 450,000 crowns in profit. That equates to $450 in crowns at a great price and $900 in crowns at the full retail price. Some people have even larger gardens and larger potential to profit from the event. I have seen individuals make thousands of dollars in seeds. Given the above info, I believe this paints a big red target on the back of gardening rewards in the profit department as it equates to the biggest potential loss. Recently, KI has come out with crown spending incentive programs that can give you a double gardening elixir that runs for 1 hour on one character. This is awarded if you spend up to the 50,000 crown level. That of course equates to between $50 and $100 that you have to spend in order to receive a benefit that you previously received for free. Of course there are other rewards in between.


      Here is my worst case scenario prediction:

      I can see that as a result of these profit/loss numbers staring KI in the face that they might make you pay extra crowns ($$$) for this benefit through this gardening elixir and remove the week long gardening event. Here comes the big question. Why on earth should I have to pay an extra $50-100 for something that I previously received for free as a benefit for simply paying a monthly membership? I pay my membership and you give me the reward that was previously established. At least that is how people feel and many feel this very strongly. In business, the most important thing the best businesses do is to show their customers the value they are receiving versus the money they pay. If you betray your customers confidence, then your customers leave for other business opportunities.


      End of prediction:

      Keep in mind that the above paragraph is theoretical and is not a reality at this time. We also do not know what KI is going to say about gardening rewards so this should be taken with a grain of salt until we understand the full scale of this future announcement.

      Also, we should do a side by side comparison of the benefits from each gardening reward type.



      Elixir: Weekly Gardening Reward:
      Only works for one character. Works for all 6 characters with a subscription.
      Only works for one hour. Works for 120 hours.
      Timer stops when player is not online.
      Benefit time is limited to the event times only.
      Elixir can be used before you are ready to harvest and when you decide.
      Start date for this event is unknown.
      Cost is currently between $50 to $100 but also works from crowns players and subscription characters alike. Cost is FREE with subscription.
      The elixir favors the player who has extra cash to spend. A cash strapped person who can only afford a monthly subscription may not be able to afford this option.
      This option is very affordable on a budget as it is given freely as a benefit for simply being a subscriber. (NICE!!)

      As we can see from the above chart, each method has its pros and cons. Weigh the above information for yourself. Think about it.


      On a side note, I understand that there are some of you that do not want weekly gardening rewards because it plugs up your bank. However, I do not mind this minor inconvenience because I know there are other new gardeners out there that need their rewards too. We should always think about the little guy when this happens. In the event that KI does pull the plug on the weekly gardening rewards benefit, a backup plan is in place to help new gardeners receive the maximum potential from their gardening elixir. Thanks to Yuna for the tip. I personally assisted another player in preparation for using a 1 hour elixir. We were successful in profiting $2435.00 in doubled seeds at the full retail crowns price. The pace was a little more strenuous but we got the job done on the first try down to the minute. I may speak about this method in the future when these processes are fully refined. Anyway, Thank you all for reading my post. I do apologize that I do not get on here as frequently as I should. However, if anyone needs to contact me, I do have the system setup to send me an email if you private message me.


      Thank you for your time,

      William


      Last edited by William Sunstrider; 8-10-19 at 6:51:57 PM.

    2. #2
      Ravino.'s Avatar
        Ravino. is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Ravino.'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan DeathShield
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Grim Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Spectre
      Status: Animating an undead dino
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      2,259
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2965
      Thanks (Received)
      3270
      Gold
      986.82

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      No, it won't go away. KI has already said many times over Double Gardening is still a member benefit. It's been awhile since they understandably reduced the frequency of the benefit - right now it seems we get it twice a year - and that's just the way it's been for a few years.

      We usually get all member benefits in the Wizard101 anniversary celebration in September, so why don't we all sit tight and wait?? Because, quite honestly, I'm sick of seeing players begging for double gardening every single weekend!

      Either be patient or go for one of those elixirs if you need it that badly.


    3. #3
        Spellbinder is offline Legendary Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      5,095
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      10426
      Thanks (Received)
      8306
      Gold
      10.10
      Blog Entries
      28

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      I started gardening on a new account recently and during the crowns reward for gardening, I bought about 12 EMPs on a wizard to reach the 1 hour gardening elixir. I than planted the peas, waited until they eldered, then used the elixir. After that I only logged onto that wizard every few days to garden. By the time the elixir expired, I had nearly 200 EMPs.

      If you know how to work the elixir, it can be more beneficial than the benefit.

    4. #4
      William Sunstrider's Avatar
        William Sunstrider is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Thinking
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      71
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      247
      Thanks (Received)
      183
      Gold
      101.50

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Bravo to you Spellbinder! Well done.

      William

      Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
      I started gardening on a new account recently and during the crowns reward for gardening, I bought about 12 EMPs on a wizard to reach the 1 hour gardening elixir. I than planted the peas, waited until they eldered, then used the elixir. After that I only logged onto that wizard every few days to garden. By the time the elixir expired, I had nearly 200 EMPs.

      If you know how to work the elixir, it can be more beneficial than the benefit.

    5. #5
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,531
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      13422
      Thanks (Received)
      14235
      Gold
      9,589.00

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Quote Originally Posted by Ravino. View Post
      No, it won't go away. KI has already said many times over Double Gardening is still a member benefit. It's been awhile since they understandably reduced the frequency of the benefit - right now it seems we get it twice a year - and that's just the way it's been for a few years.

      We usually get all member benefits in the Wizard101 anniversary celebration in September, so why don't we all sit tight and wait?? Because, quite honestly, I'm sick of seeing players begging for double gardening every single weekend!

      Either be patient or go for one of those elixirs if you need it that badly.
      Sadly, at this time I would disagree with what KI is saying. They keep saying its not over, but till I see it, for me its over. It's been several months now since we last saw this members benefit. Back in 2015 we saw it 3 time and the few years after that it was at least 3 times a year. Only till last year it went from 3 times a year to twice a year and at this point it has been 8 months since the one back in January.

      Date: Day: Number of day:
      01/21/15 4 th day of the week 1=Sunday
      04/24/15 6 th day of the week 2=Monday
      11/12/15 5 th day of the week 3=Tuesday
      01/22/16 6 th day of the week 4=Wednesday
      05/11/16 4 th day of the week 5=Thursday
      08/17/16 4 th day of the week 6=Friday
      01/18/17 4 th day of the week 7=Saturday
      03/08/17 4 th day of the week
      06/07/17 4 th day of the week
      01/10/18 4 th day of the week
      11/29/2018? guess
      01/09/19 4 th day of the week

      I think there is a few reason why we are not seeing it.

      1. It is a money lost for KI. With all these free seeds, players would buy few and just wait for double garden. I have 3 account and all my wizards have the double plots. All I had to do was just start one with few seeds and wait for the garden rewards, over time I was able to get plots of 68. It end up costing me very little, but a lost to KI.

      2. When there was announcements of double garden, I recall seeing a lot of people complaining about having too many seeds. That they would wait to harvest their plants after the benefit was over. Not to mention the countless threads of horrible inventory. If I recall correctly, I believe there was a central member that had over 100 pages of seeds in their bank, or something to that effect.

      Sorry to be so cynical, doubtful, or sounding mean. It's not personal, just how I feel and things I have been saying to several people over the years.

      The thing I do feel bad for are those who are new and might not ever get this opportunity like we did because of whatever reason.

      Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
      I started gardening on a new account recently and during the crowns reward for gardening, I bought about 12 EMPs on a wizard to reach the 1 hour gardening elixir. I than planted the peas, waited until they eldered, then used the elixir. After that I only logged onto that wizard every few days to garden. By the time the elixir expired, I had nearly 200 EMPs.

      If you know how to work the elixir, it can be more beneficial than the benefit.
      KUDOS to you for this

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    6. #6
      ValdusWildheart's Avatar
        ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard
      Status: Retired from Wizarding
       
      Mood:
      Artistic
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      4,777
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      6143
      Thanks (Received)
      9496
      Gold
      14,952.00

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      The thing I do feel bad for are those who are new and might not ever get this opportunity like we did because of whatever reason.
      That's always my problem with these sudden discontinuations. It just continues to perpetuate the haves vs the have nots in the game. Those who put Monsanto to shame with fields of EMPs can stuff their pets full while others struggle with hard won pixie sticks and 2 couch potatoes until they get to the third arc. Those who were lucky enough to win jewel blossoms when the packs first came out now have vaults stuffed full of proof and defy jewels amongst others. A full garden of Sunions for PvP? Sure, if you were lucky enough to double them. Otherwise pay up now. And so it goes. These are just the garden ones. It's happened on other fronts as well. It really makes getting up to full speed difficult.

    7. #7
      brianbucher's Avatar
        brianbucher is offline Initiate Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Breezy
       
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      215
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      280
      Thanks (Received)
      92
      Gold
      13.00

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      i don't think that the prices on crown seeds equate to the value of the seed though. crown shop prices have always been all over the place. 50,000 gold costs 19,000 crowns. you can farm 50,000 gold in less than an hour. it's the same thing with couch potato seeds, although less extreme. you can farm couch potato seeds from ghultures in mirage, or you can auto farm in grizzleheim which yields around 5-10 seeds over night. so yes, double gardening is probably KI's least profitable benefit. but there is no point in buying seeds from the crown shop if you know how and where to farm them.

    8. #8
      William Sunstrider's Avatar
        William Sunstrider is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Thinking
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      71
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      247
      Thanks (Received)
      183
      Gold
      101.50

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Hi Peoples and Miss Bailey,
      I agree with you Miss Bailey. Let's also not forget that those dates do not include the annual anniversary event in September. That increases all your frequency numbers per year by 1. I think that the reduction in the frequency of the events started after the denial of service attacks in 2017. You may recall that they had to extend certain benefits for several days beyond normal. Gardening rewards was one of those. If you lived in an area that had a robust internet connection, you doubled your seeds something like 4 times or more during that event. The losses would have been HUGE. After that event was when I started to see the reduction in frequency. KI states that all of the events are in a 'rotation.' That may be true for the vast majority of things. However, I do not believe for a second that you would have double pet rewards starting 3 times withing 35 days as a scheduled rotation. These start dates to my best info are June 20th, July 19th, July 25th of this year. At least those are the dates I noticed that reward starting. They scheduled double pet XP in a rotation? Please do not insult my intelligence. If you can 'schedule' double pet XP that close and say there is a 'rotation,' then you can very well just as easily give the good people of this game their 'FREE' 120 hours of gardening rewards with the proper frequency they have received in the past. Besides, you would not hear about it so much or be sick of hearing it if KI had just stayed the course with their 4 times a year like people expect. Why this huge 8 month lag verses a 1 week delay between double pet XP? Here is the reason. I believe it is because they are afraid of losses. Also, double pet XP has always been a big cash cow during slow times as people love to train pets and will buy crowns to pay for hatch timers and energy elixirs. It seems obvious to me when you compare certain other events that the numbers are skewed to favor more profitable events(double pet XP.) I personally enjoy helping new players get started in gardening and creating max stat pets. I am not worried about being the strongest wizard or being the best at pvp. I get more enjoyment out of working with and teaching others to get ahead in the game through gardening and pets. If my message seems strong to you, it is because I am watching out for these same starters and the little guy.

      Thank you for your time,

      William


      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Sadly, at this time I would disagree with what KI is saying. They keep saying its not over, but till I see it, for me its over. It's been several months now since we last saw this members benefit. Back in 2015 we saw it 3 time and the few years after that it was at least 3 times a year. Only till last year it went from 3 times a year to twice a year and at this point it has been 8 months since the one back in January.

      Date: Day: Number of day:
      01/21/15 4 th day of the week 1=Sunday
      04/24/15 6 th day of the week 2=Monday
      11/12/15 5 th day of the week 3=Tuesday
      01/22/16 6 th day of the week 4=Wednesday
      05/11/16 4 th day of the week 5=Thursday
      08/17/16 4 th day of the week 6=Friday
      01/18/17 4 th day of the week 7=Saturday
      03/08/17 4 th day of the week
      06/07/17 4 th day of the week
      01/10/18 4 th day of the week
      11/29/2018? guess
      01/09/19 4 th day of the week

      I think there is a few reason why we are not seeing it.

      1. It is a money lost for KI. With all these free seeds, players would buy few and just wait for double garden. I have 3 account and all my wizards have the double plots. All I had to do was just start one with few seeds and wait for the garden rewards, over time I was able to get plots of 68. It end up costing me very little, but a lost to KI.

      2. When there was announcements of double garden, I recall seeing a lot of people complaining about having too many seeds. That they would wait to harvest their plants after the benefit was over. Not to mention the countless threads of horrible inventory. If I recall correctly, I believe there was a central member that had over 100 pages of seeds in their bank, or something to that effect.

      Sorry to be so cynical, doubtful, or sounding mean. It's not personal, just how I feel and things I have been saying to several people over the years.

      The thing I do feel bad for are those who are new and might not ever get this opportunity like we did because of whatever reason.

      KUDOS to you for this


    9. #9
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,531
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      13422
      Thanks (Received)
      14235
      Gold
      9,589.00

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      That's always my problem with these sudden discontinuations. It just continues to perpetuate the haves vs the have nots in the game. Those who put Monsanto to shame with fields of EMPs can stuff their pets full while others struggle with hard won pixie sticks and 2 couch potatoes until they get to the third arc. Those who were lucky enough to win jewel blossoms when the packs first came out now have vaults stuffed full of proof and defy jewels amongst others. A full garden of Sunions for PvP? Sure, if you were lucky enough to double them. Otherwise pay up now. And so it goes. These are just the garden ones. It's happened on other fronts as well. It really makes getting up to full speed difficult.
      Do you remember we had a similar chat when they nerf the Spirit caller drum? I recall how you stand up for those who are new and you said because we had to suffer with it, why should new players. I can not even began to tell you how much that stuck with me. In my opinion, I don't think its fair at all for new members. I have so many seeds now, I wish I could give them to people are in a need of them. However, I get what your saying

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by brianbucher View Post
      i don't think that the prices on crown seeds equate to the value of the seed though. crown shop prices have always been all over the place. 50,000 gold costs 19,000 crowns. you can farm 50,000 gold in less than an hour. it's the same thing with couch potato seeds, although less extreme. you can farm couch potato seeds from ghultures in mirage, or you can auto farm in grizzleheim which yields around 5-10 seeds over night. so yes, double gardening is probably KI's least profitable benefit. but there is no point in buying seeds from the crown shop if you know how and where to farm them.
      I have met a lot of people who didn't know that they could farm for them over the years. With site like central, members have the upper hand in getting useful information, but this does not hold true to everyone. I know I have been one of those people in the past.

      I have found the drop rates for these two seeds is not very high as well. I have been lucky with CP, but EMP have been far less. Maybe I am just one of the unlucky ones.

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    10. #10
      William Sunstrider's Avatar
        William Sunstrider is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Thinking
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      71
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      247
      Thanks (Received)
      183
      Gold
      101.50

      Re: Will weekly gardening rewards go away?

      Hi Valdus,
      I agree with you. It is have versus have not. It seems to me that when the haves state that my bank gets full, they only think of themselves. These same people, some time ago, were absolutely delighted when double gardening rewards started. Now, when I hear whining and complaining about how their bank gets too full, I get sick to my stomach because they are only thinking about themselves. (Would you like fries with that??) How quickly we forget when we were starters in the game. Imagine if you will a kid that saves his money or works a paper route to go and buy a $10 card at gamestop each month. For him, that is a big chunk of his income. As he does not have a credit or debit card, he could be faced with having to pay the full retail price of $100 for 50000 crowns. Also,his parents may not be willing to forward the money from him through their debit card simply to buy crowns on sale. All this to get a one hour gardening elixir. This also assumes that his family is not dirt poor. I know this does not apply to everyone. However, this is a very real have not situation that exists in many cities. Can you imagine having to make 50000 crowns by doing trivia or watching videos?(when they work...)

      William



      Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      That's always my problem with these sudden discontinuations. It just continues to perpetuate the haves vs the have nots in the game. Those who put Monsanto to shame with fields of EMPs can stuff their pets full while others struggle with hard won pixie sticks and 2 couch potatoes until they get to the third arc. Those who were lucky enough to win jewel blossoms when the packs first came out now have vaults stuffed full of proof and defy jewels amongst others. A full garden of Sunions for PvP? Sure, if you were lucky enough to double them. Otherwise pay up now. And so it goes. These are just the garden ones. It's happened on other fronts as well. It really makes getting up to full speed difficult.
      Last edited by William Sunstrider; 8-11-19 at 11:08:09 PM.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •