Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: New KI Mobile Game - Gloom Busters

I wish KI would devote some/ any resources to Pirate 101. It is great game to play solo because you have a crew to assist and it's a great game to play with a group because of the strategy involved. I think KI is lucky to have the player base that has stayed with Pirate. No other game that I can think of has had such a devoted fan base for a game that gets no update to storyline and re-skinned items. I think it's time for KI to stop worrying so much about mobile games that by your own admission most fail and put the time and attention into the games that brought KI recognition .

I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. ~ Milton Berle

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Kingurz View Post
      KI recently made the announcement that this game is getting shut down on 04 March.

https://mobilegames.kingsisle.com/ga...r-march-4-2020

Personally, I hope resources get directed towards Pirate101 (or even make Pirate101 into a mobile game and update it that way).
      There's something weirdly hypnotic about watching KI's adventure into mobile gaming. It's like watching some soap opera or teen drama where the same story is just hashed and rehashed over and over again with a new coat of paint. None of it is profound, none of it is particularly engaging. You just keep watching with some popcorn -- waiting till everything inevitably breaks down again.
      Last edited by Cosmos; 2-22-20 at 1:42:09 AM.
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory. - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

Pagophile is offline Adept Wizard

• Pagophile's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Miranda DragonWalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Hunter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This makes the second game that never made full launch in the last year or so. In that time they ignored the two games that were successful and if they had kept adding updates would probably still be successful.

Everclicker was released in May 2017 and the last update was in August 2017 when they added guilds.

Animal Cove was released in August 2018 and the last update was December 2018 with just some levels added in 2019. Maybe a pet or two but can't recall exactly when the last of them were released. They didn't even bother to do the holiday events in 2019 and just kept the Beach events every 3 weeks.

I still play Neverclicker to reach personal goals.

Animal Cove I still play because of personal goals and I just like the puzzles. My main pets are all maxed except one that I keep to do the Tuesday animal events and my Mythical pets are all working towards max. I almost forget that there is a story they just left hanging with Dez in the ice.

Both were popular and had people posting on their forum. Now it can go months without posts. And people just leave the games as time goes on without updates. I know that I won't bother starting another game if they ever get to full launch. It also adds to the decision I made not to bother trying to go any further on W101 which means I have no need to buy crowns again. I might finish Khrysalis but Polaris and beyond will never be bought.
      Last edited by Pagophile; 2-22-20 at 4:54:39 AM.
      Join 7/11/09 -Ice GM 11/11/09 * Leg.11/11/10 *70-4/19/12 -* D. GM 8/7/10 * S. GM 8/9/10 * L. GM 8/24/10* F. GM 1/21/11 * M. GM 2/19/11 * All 5 Leg. 5-30-11 * Bal. GM 12-23-11* Leg. 2-12-12* 70- 4/19/12*

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>luvs2sleepalot View Post
      I wish KI would devote some/ any resources to Pirate 101. It is great game to play solo because you have a crew to assist and it's a great game to play with a group because of the strategy involved. I think KI is lucky to have the player base that has stayed with Pirate. No other game that I can think of has had such a devoted fan base for a game that gets no update to storyline and re-skinned items. I think it's time for KI to stop worrying so much about mobile games that by your own admission most fail and put the time and attention into the games that brought KI recognition .

On behalf of the Faithful Few, thanks for the support for Pirate101. That game has SO much wasted potential it's ridiculous.

I also wonder, from time to time, about the never-revealed third MMO project that we used to hear about in the early years. I wonder if that was scrapped completely in favor of the mobile game venture and all-hands-load-up of Wizard101. Does anyone know what happened to that?

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Lady Cat is offline Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Willowdreamer View Post
      On behalf of the Faithful Few, thanks for the support for Pirate101. That game has SO much wasted potential it's ridiculous.

I also wonder, from time to time, about the never-revealed third MMO project that we used to hear about in the early years. I wonder if that was scrapped completely in favor of the mobile game venture and all-hands-load-up of Wizard101. Does anyone know what happened to that?

My guess is itís the game Crowfall 😸 Lady cat says meow 😸
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>luvs2sleepalot View Post

Agreed they need to leave the mobile market alone. Those games are that cheap to make on the scale there making them. Pirate101 and wizard101 are the only subscription based games in which they get monthly revenue from. To ignore those two games in favor of a current fab is a terrible business plan as most people will not buy in game purchases like they will in the MMO's. The reason everything is coming to a halt is because kingsisle not prioritizing the MMO's above all else. Wizard101 is not good enough to float there entire company they have to get pirate101 up to date so they can have a renewed revenue source to fund there other en devours. No money leads to no new content. No content leads to anger. Anger to hate. Hate leads to great financial suffering of the company.

Ravino. is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Ravino.'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan DeathShield
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Grim Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Spectre

Mood:
      Elated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

All of you are right, KingsIsle should be focusing in their MMO's. Players have said it, anonymous KI employees have said it, the repeated failure of their mobile have said it. Everyone said it but nothing's changed, and that's just it - those taking these decisions don't want to change it, they're evidently very high up at their company, with authority well beyond the chorus of reason sung by players and employees.

As frustrating as it is, I feel it's time we admit the situation is out of our hands - if KI's upper management already passed the point of listening to their own experts then costumer feedback is just insignificant. That's just the reality we're in.

It's a sad truth but most companies aren't all that smart, big decisions are often taken on a combination of hunches, misrepresented data and personal bias, and their success or failure depend largely on luck.

Risk-taking is the norm for many businesses; and considering KI is a game-development company founded by a man who admittedly knew nothing about games, is it really surprising their risk-taking is this intense?

One could even say history is repeating itself.

~R
      Last edited by Ravino.; 2-22-20 at 10:16:19 PM.

Toa of Gallifrey is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Toa of Gallifrey's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel StarCatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armaments

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Lady Cat View Post
      My guess is itís the game Crowfall  Lady cat says meow 
      Doubt Crowfall would've even been in pre-production at KI, it's too far out of the precedent set by the 101 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino. View Post
      All of you are right, KingsIsle should be focusing in their MMO's. Players have said it, anonymous KI employees have said it, the repeated failure of their mobile have said it. Everyone said it but nothing's changed, and that's just it - those taking these decisions don't want to change it, they're evidently very high up at their company, with authority well beyond the chorus of reason sung by players and employees.

As frustrating as it is, I feel it's time we admit the situation is out of our hands - if KI's upper management already passed the point of listening to their own experts then costumer feedback is just insignificant. That's just the reality we're in.

It's a sad truth but most companies aren't all that smart, big decisions are often taken on a combination of hunches, misrepresented data and personal bias, and their success or failure depend largely on luck.

Risk-taking is the norm for many businesses; and considering KI is a game-development company founded by a man who admittedly knew nothing about games, is it really surprising their risk-taking is this intense?

One could even say history is repeating itself.

~R
      That's the thing, mobage on the scale KI are developing are a very low-risk venture compared to everything else to which they could be devoting time.
      Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; 2-24-20 at 11:51:10 AM.
      A-1 Pictures is a bad studio that produces bad shows, but every now and then they make something good.

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Toa of Gallifrey View Post
      Doubt Crowfall would've even been in pre-production at KI, it's too far out of the precedent set by the 101 games.

That's the thing, mobage on the scale KI are developing are a very low-risk venture compared to everything else to which they could be devoting time.
      What the point of the mobile market if you can't even keep up with updates for it. It completely different then making entire worlds in a MMO. Kingsislse have mobile games lacking updates. It obvious there to broke to make anything and there hoping and trying figue where to put the little to no money they have to to get the engine rolling again.

The money is in pirate101. They have to update that game to get those subscribers back then go back to wizard101 to keep the bigger base happy.If they don't update pirate101 or shut the game down it a drain on limited resources. I don't get why kingsisle won't be honest and say they dont have the funds to fuel content and work with players in bring back the game and the company.

People may pretend the pirate101 update lack doesn't matter but it affecting wizard101 now. That why the company slowing down as they seem to have forgotten many of the pirate player are wizards also.No content in one make people discourage when there game choice updates stop coming as then they think they will become like other game like really quick.

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Starbreaker View Post
      What the point of the mobile market if you can't even keep up with updates for it. It completely different then making entire worlds in a MMO. Kingsislse have mobile games lacking updates. It obvious there to broke to make anything and there hoping and trying figue where to put the little to no money they have to to get the engine rolling again.

The money is in pirate101. They have to update that game to get those subscribers back then go back to wizard101 to keep the bigger base happy.If they don't update pirate101 or shut the game down it a drain on limited resources. I don't get why kingsisle won't be honest and say they dont have the funds to fuel content and work with players in bring back the game and the company.

People may pretend the pirate101 update lack doesn't matter but it affecting wizard101 now. That why the company slowing down as they seem to have forgotten many of the pirate player are wizards also.No content in one make people discourage when there game choice updates stop coming as then they think they will become like other game like really quick.
      maybes but the thing is we dont see the proffit and loss stuff for ki so we dont really know any thing for fact. i agree they shoud do more for p101. i hate the mobile game stuff but also if it makes quick proffit it might not be as bad as we fear. we dont know cos they dont say. if we got told they made proffits for the mobile stuff stead of just see new games come out then die with no reason we GUESS is it cos it fail and lost money but maybes they made money and quit it when it start to make less? idk but none of us really know cos ki is all top secert on what they make or loose on money stuff. wish theyd just say X game made proffit so we can all say ok its not a waste of time or money cos it made proffit. if there doing well tho it shoud make no diff to wiz or p101 updates and p101 needs more stuff cos lots of people want it and will spend on it.
      Big banana thanks to Sophia Stormweaver for my avatar and siggy!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast