• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 21
    1. #11
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,766
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      14046
      Thanks (Received)
      14985
      Gold
      10,713.00

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Icefist View Post
      Except I have open chat, and not limited chat. The word dope is red in open chat so no one could see it and it isn't an issue of having limited chat. Therefore no one could have reported me for using it as they didn't know what it was. I'm assuming that it was some sort of auto mute function that is a part of the programming in the game. Now while I understand using that if a word gets through, I don't understand why it would be used if the word showed up as dots, seeing as how it could easily be interpreted by other players as a typo that is red, and not a banned word.

      Based on what you're saying about your friend I have to assume it's some auto mute function in the game. I can understand having a feature like that but I think it should be tweaked a bit. It's really the timing of the mute that had me the most frustrated because it came at a time where chatting was very important and I had no way of explaining I just got muted and for how long. I think KI should add a menu chat feature that lets you say how long your character is muted for. In this case it was only 15 minutes so that feature would have been very useful, that way the other players would know what was going on.

      And I agree it makes no sense why they keep naming things we cannot say in chat.

      Lastly I was polite with them in my emails and I said I was understanding, I just wanted a better explanation than them saying I went around the filter, because in my opinion I didn't. In my opinion going around the filter would have been typing out the word dope in a way that it didn't show up as dots. That's what I was trying to explain to them when they said they would not look further into the matter.
      So, if you have open chat and you saw the word red, but hit enter too fast, you could try to explain that to KI. This is something that many other had the same issue. However, where I am having a hard time understanding you keep saying its showing up as dots. Where did you see this? The dots are those who do have limited chat. Basically it does not matter if you have open or limited chat, if a word is in red, its a word that is not allowed on the game for whatever reason.

      There is what we call "Robo Cop" Its the system that KI used to monitor the chat system and it will pick up certain word that it things its wrong and give out the warning. One friend got it for saying Gooo Corgi another friend got it from saying hydro fracking. All innocent chat, but the system saw it as someone saying something bad.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 6-11-19 at 10:15:50 AM.

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    2. #12
      Brian Icefist's Avatar
        Brian Icefist is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Brian Icefist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian IceFist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Hunter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  White Winter Owl
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      3,393
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1487
      Thanks (Received)
      2393
      Gold
      260.27
      Blog Entries
      20

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      So, if you have open chat and you saw the word red, but hit enter too fast, you could try to explain that to KI. This is something that many other had the same issue. However, where I am having a hard time understanding you keep saying its showing up as dots. Where did you see this? The dots are those who do have limited chat. Basically it does not matter if you have open or limited chat, if a word is in red, its a word that is not allowed on the game for whatever reason.

      There is what we call "Robo Cop" Its the system that KI used to monitor the chat system and it will pick up certain word that it things its wrong and give out the warning. One friend got it for saying Gooo Corgi another friend got it from saying hydro fracking. All innocent chat, but the system saw it as someone saying something bad.
      Even if you have open chat if you type a red word and hit enter once it appears in the chat box or text bubble the red word is turned into dots. That is what I mean when I say the word showed up as dots.
      Signature and avatar by Penguin77. His shop is here.
      Formerly known as Zingbot.


    3. #13
      steMoGsteL's Avatar
        steMoGsteL is offline Fizzled

      • steMoGsteL's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  WillowHeart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  9% fish luck corgi / ultimate energy corgi
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      722
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      5287
      Thanks (Received)
      1318
      Gold
      5,652.50

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Not too long ago, I have a friend who got a warning for saying a name of a wand. We only found out what trigger the word by testing it, and even though they had remove the sanction, they warned us not to test again due to it was "going around the filter" My issue is how are you suppose to inform them if you don't test. It really does not make any sense.
      I'm that friend!


      Read all about it here.


      It's insane because if the word ends up red, no one can read it. Some may take that to think even KI cannot read red words, as they turn red as a safety precaution. But I guess we know now from this incident that they can see red. Ironically, the ones who get the insta-mute are "seeing red" too.

      Sometimes we type and send a typo. Or the keyboard does not always have the right button pressed or maybe needs a battery change (mine often does, and it's been messing up many of my typings here on Central). I do not even notice some typos until a few days later.
      There is no human factor with autobots and I'm with you that it can be quite confusing with CS messages, deciphering if they are human or robots in disguise. Sometimes it's a mixture of both! Would that make them Power Rangers?



      Btw, was this your 1st time offense? It was for me with the wand name and for that they instantly suspended me a week or 2 iirc. I got un-suspended and un-sanctioned with my CS ticket, so they can help remove the sanction if they deem fit.



      Best of luck to you.

    4. #14
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,766
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      14046
      Thanks (Received)
      14985
      Gold
      10,713.00

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Icefist View Post
      Even if you have open chat if you type a red word and hit enter once it appears in the chat box or text bubble the red word is turned into dots. That is what I mean when I say the word showed up as dots.
      Its a word your not suppose to say at all. Its like spelling out a cuss word and hitting enter, it comes up as dots. Some words that are consider really bad are like that. However, the fact it came out red when typing it, should not have been said at all. You were not going around the filter, but its a word that is just not allowed.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by steMoGsteL View Post
      I'm that friend!


      Read all about it here.


      It's insane because if the word ends up red, no one can read it. Some may take that to think even KI cannot read red words, as they turn red as a safety precaution. But I guess we know now from this incident that they can see red. Ironically, the ones who get the insta-mute are "seeing red" too.

      Sometimes we type and send a typo. Or the keyboard does not always have the right button pressed or maybe needs a battery change (mine often does, and it's been messing up many of my typings here on Central). I do not even notice some typos until a few days later.
      There is no human factor with autobots and I'm with you that it can be quite confusing with CS messages, deciphering if they are human or robots in disguise. Sometimes it's a mixture of both! Would that make them Power Rangers?



      Btw, was this your 1st time offense? It was for me with the wand name and for that they instantly suspended me a week or 2 iirc. I got un-suspended and un-sanctioned with my CS ticket, so they can help remove the sanction if they deem fit.



      Best of luck to you.
      Mhmm! As you know already there are just too many issues with this. We have lost a lot of central members who left the game due to the horrible chat system. I get that they are trying to protect "the kids" and keep their rating. However, they are losing members as well.

      My biggest issue is the fact of game items that are triggering the robo cop and causing temporally mutes on players. How is one suppose to tell someone about something if your not allowed to say it or test something that we think that may have trigger a warning or mute? This is a question that I have been asking for a long time now. We know that support at times is not very supportive. You know my case, that is consider still OPEN! lol I have yet to hear back from them. I got a warning 10 hours before I had said something that KI said what caused it. lol How does that make any sense?

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    5. #15
      Brian Icefist's Avatar
        Brian Icefist is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Brian Icefist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian IceFist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Hunter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  White Winter Owl
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      3,393
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1487
      Thanks (Received)
      2393
      Gold
      260.27
      Blog Entries
      20

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by steMoGsteL View Post
      I'm that friend!


      Read all about it here.


      It's insane because if the word ends up red, no one can read it. Some may take that to think even KI cannot read red words, as they turn red as a safety precaution. But I guess we know now from this incident that they can see red. Ironically, the ones who get the insta-mute are "seeing red" too.

      Sometimes we type and send a typo. Or the keyboard does not always have the right button pressed or maybe needs a battery change (mine often does, and it's been messing up many of my typings here on Central). I do not even notice some typos until a few days later.
      There is no human factor with autobots and I'm with you that it can be quite confusing with CS messages, deciphering if they are human or robots in disguise. Sometimes it's a mixture of both! Would that make them Power Rangers?



      Btw, was this your 1st time offense? It was for me with the wand name and for that they instantly suspended me a week or 2 iirc. I got un-suspended and un-sanctioned with my CS ticket, so they can help remove the sanction if they deem fit.



      Best of luck to you.
      Yes this was my first time offense and the mute is already over so it's not that big a deal. I am more frustrated that they won't really talk to me. A simple this was our robo cop program and this is how it works just so you know would have been great. Instead they said any action that goes around the filter results in a sanction and then said they would no longer discuss it with me. My whole thing with them was that how did I go around it if the word came out as dots. But it is what it is I suppose. I'll just have to be very careful in the future.

      @baileyjade Why should I have not mentioned the word was red? I only even knew it was a red word because after it showed up as dots I retyped it and saw it was red in the chat box so that time I didn't hit send, instead I just said 'cool'.
      Last edited by Brian Icefist; 6-11-19 at 3:05:16 PM.
      Signature and avatar by Penguin77. His shop is here.
      Formerly known as Zingbot.


    6. #16
        Spellbinder is online now Legendary Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      5,369
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      10669
      Thanks (Received)
      8775
      Gold
      160.60
      Blog Entries
      28

      Re: Confused about a muting

      This is the main reason supplemental platforms are so popular and heavily utilized alongside the game.
      Omg
      I think I love you more than paper tick
      -Katz to fishy cracker

    7. #17
      Padfoot101's Avatar
        Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Posts
      988
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2737
      Thanks (Received)
      1235
      Gold
      4,985.00
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Icefist View Post
      Even if you have open chat if you type a red word and hit enter once it appears in the chat box or text bubble the red word is turned into dots. That is what I mean when I say the word showed up as dots.
      yeh cos i done it on my dad old account and it was a normal word but red idk why but it come as dots even on mine and its the open chat wiz

      ps i never got a mute for it

      also they need to take it off your wiz cos you cant move a wiz if you ever done something wrong but you didnt so it need to be taken off.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 6-11-19 at 6:58:14 PM. Reason: double posted

    8. #18
      luvs2sleepalot's Avatar
        luvs2sleepalot is offline Magus Wizard
      Status: Sleepy and No Cookies
       
      Mood:
      Sleepy
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      1,326
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3773
      Thanks (Received)
      1930
      Gold
      507.50
      Blog Entries
      1

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Icefist View Post
      Yes this was my first time offense and the mute is already over so it's not that big a deal. I am more frustrated that they won't really talk to me. A simple this was our robo cop program and this is how it works just so you know would have been great. Instead they said any action that goes around the filter results in a sanction and then said they would no longer discuss it with me. My whole thing with them was that how did I go around it if the word came out as dots. But it is what it is I suppose. I'll just have to be very careful in the future.

      @baileyjade Why should I have not mentioned the word was red? I only even knew it was a red word because after it showed up as dots I retyped it and saw it was red in the chat box so that time I didn't hit send, instead I just said 'cool'.
      Any sanction IS a big deal, because KI does keep tabs on how many sanctions your account has. Once it gains enough KI will permanently Mute (10 year mute) your account. It does not matter whether YOU feel the sanction was unjustified. All it matters is what KI thinks. My friend was permanently muted for using words that weren't even red He received 3 warnings over a 9 year period this was enough for KI. My friend and I have since left Wizard.

      Be Careful if you wish to continue playing wizard and funding KI

      I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. ~ Milton Berle

    9. #19
      Epic Patrick's Avatar
        Epic Patrick is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Epic Patrick's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Patrick
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Buddy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: smh
       
      Mood:
      Eating
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      4,119
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3199
      Thanks (Received)
      2674
      Gold
      1,072.09
      Blog Entries
      2

      Re: Confused about a muting

      this does not happen every time, so if it was designed to only have a RNG chance of issuing a sanction (which is terrible design by the way, rules and sanctions should be clear and consistent, not unpredictable), then they must be aware that not every single, or even most instances of, deserve action to be taken. very interesting.
      Last edited by Epic Patrick; 6-11-19 at 9:29:18 PM.

    10. #20
      steMoGsteL's Avatar
        steMoGsteL is offline Fizzled

      • steMoGsteL's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  WillowHeart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  9% fish luck corgi / ultimate energy corgi
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      722
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      5287
      Thanks (Received)
      1318
      Gold
      5,652.50

      Re: Confused about a muting

      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Icefist View Post
      Yes this was my first time offense and the mute is already over so it's not that big a deal. I am more frustrated that they won't really talk to me. A simple this was our robo cop program and this is how it works just so you know would have been great. Instead they said any action that goes around the filter results in a sanction and then said they would no longer discuss it with me. My whole thing with them was that how did I go around it if the word came out as dots. But it is what it is I suppose. I'll just have to be very careful in the future.

      @baileyjade Why should I have not mentioned the word was red? I only even knew it was a red word because after it showed up as dots I retyped it and saw it was red in the chat box so that time I didn't hit send, instead I just said 'cool'.
      It's frustrating. You did not go around any filter, innocently said something, never expecting anything like this to happen. And then they do not communicate with you. You can try keeping contact with Support in a nice manner to let them know you just want to make sure of things. Ask if they can kindly remove any sanction as you meant no harm by the context the word was used.
      I personally saw the word as the bad word upon first reading it in this thread, but since I'm not a robot, I know to read context. @Padfoot101 even brought up a good thought, Dopey is one of the 7th Dwarfs (o.o 7 wizard slots, 7 Dwarfs, coincidence?), so is "Dopey" allowed? Do not even ask about "hi ho, hi ho", not even Claus' catchphrase, or the Green Giant!


      Okay, so weird coincidence - Gonna go slightly off-topic, then bring it back to something helpful.
      You tagged @Bailey Jade BUT you spelled her name as 1 word @baileyjade. I clicked to see if it tags the Bailey you want. It tags a different Baileyjade.
      Then I saw SO MANY CENTRALITES made the same mistake!
      So, my off-topic message is to let the real Bailey Jade aware just how many messages she has missed throughout the years.

      Now to bring it back on topic.

      Upon checking how many tried getting Bailey's attention, I came upon that other thread Bailey talked about earlier! It was @PinkPenguinlover101 who had a very similar issue to yours. A red word causing sanction. It can be helpful for you to read through the comments made there (assuming you read through my thread with "putto's wand" already).

      Here is the "Fracking" thread: http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...-am-PANICKING!

      Which btw, it's my understanding that a tv show changed that definition? If so, it means ANY word innocent today, can be considered "sanctionable" by tomorrow.


      Anyway, take a look at how PinkPenguin handled her situation and see if it can help with yours. I like how she says, "I want to make certain it doesn't happen again.".






      There is some good advice in this thread. Paddy took a risk, but also gives good info about how this might affect you in the future. And @luvs2sleepalot gives a good warning on warnings. And, luvs, your friends' word wasn't even red?! That's scary. (watch "scary" become a future no-no word. Ya never know!)



      Btw, there are ways to go around the filter. Legal ways. "11" is not allowed (well it turns out yellow); however, "eleventh" is allowed (white). All numbers can be typed if written differently. And yes, this is a way around the filter which is allowed.
      3 = third
      4 = fourth (forth)
      5 = fifth
      sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh,
      12 = dozen
      13 = bakers dozen
      14-19 = ?? - I forget (not on wiz to test)
      20 = twin ty
      101 = w101 or p101


      Also, they give sanctions even in whisper or private chats. So be careful there too.
      And you should also know, these sanctions come without anyone even reporting you. Even if someone ever were to report you, I believe it would have to be several different accounts reporting you.
      And furthermore, I've seen terrible things said and I have reported some awful things said, and believe me, those people kept on talking after being reported. The system is whack.


      One last thing is, just as a good word today might be sanctionable tomorrow, the same goes for "bad words" today being fine tomorrow. Example: Finnigan. Years ago, all wizards named Finnigan were never able to have their name typed. That has changed. I'm still awaiting word on "putto's wand".

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •