Raumdeuter is offline Novice Wizard

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Soloing is almost impossible now

I completely disagree. I've found soloing the near entirety of Mirage and part one Empyrea with my fire to not be too difficult at all. It all really comes down to good preparation, from gear to deck setup, to your general strategy.

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by masterofspelss View Post
      I don't mind the difficulty *too* much, but some cheats are just impossible without certain schools. I've been stuck on the Storm Titan forever on my Life and Ice because the best strategy for beating him is with a Fire, Storm, and Balance, meaning I'm stuck looking for a Team-up that has those three schools.
      Actually any school except balance can hit at titan as they all have DOTs. 12-13 blades should do it. All my runs I hit on myth using king art, any school can be secondary hitter with an aoe for the minions. Mind you the easiest way to do it is with a death spamming juju, but if everyone blades the hitter it is possible to defeat him without.

Another site has a good guide for all school combos, but I can not mention it here, so maybe try googling it. Life as a hitter would use spiny and ice would use snow angel, the key is to do a DOT that is 40k per round.

I find it best to ensure everyone is packing different blades before starting to ensure you get enough buffs fast enough, duplicate blades and those horrid pierce blades help nothing and just delay the fight.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 5-18-19 at 3:52:24 PM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by masterofspelss View Post
      I don't mind the difficulty *too* much, but some cheats are just impossible without certain schools. I've been stuck on the Storm Titan forever on my Life and Ice because the best strategy for beating him is with a Fire, Storm, and Balance, meaning I'm stuck looking for a Team-up that has those three schools.
      The "best strategy" is sometimes having a very, very good player leading the team. The only time I ever won Storm Titan on my Life Wizard was with @Lady Cat on her Death wizard and two others in our group, a balance and a fire, I think (I apologize that I don't remember who else was there, I've slept since then.) Mostly I remember Lady Cat keeping constant Bad Juju on until the Fire wizard could attack, and then it was over pretty quickly. Since then, I've attempted to help others get through, but we haven't been successful.

I agree that Azteca was a horrible place for my Life to solo once I met the evil Ponce de Gibbon in Saltmeadow Swamp. After about a dozen attempts, I finally asked for help and got a great partner who made the battle fun. Then I went to Pirate101 and stayed there for a LONG time until Lady Cat convinced me to finish Azteca so that I'd be ready for Polaris when it came out. She got me through Azteca and Khrysalis and we teamed up through a lot of Polaris.

All this being said, I think a lot comes down to gear and cheats in the third arc worlds. Some of us just won't farm the "best gear" for our schools, or bother to hatch up perfect pets, etc. Having a friend who is patient and kind is SO important, but not everybody makes friends in-game for whatever reason.

Cheating bosses bottleneck the end of every world past Dragonspyre, that's just how things turned out. Being here on Central is a great asset because I have always found someone to help me get through. Without Central, I'd be working on lower levels wizards and only getting them as far as Saltmeadow Swamp.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      Obviously you were a better player than I was at the time, but to your point, why does anyone believe an MMO should be soloable in the first place?
      it prob shouldnt be but once you make it soloble its bait and swich to change it?

Emma SkyGem is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Emma SkyGem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Emma SkyGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Brutus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kraken

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I am going to just put this out there. Back when DS was the final world the game was much harder than it is today. Only Ice had universal resist, pets just looked cute, TCs for every spell were not available like they are today. You needed at least 2 people to do malistare just to light those braziers and kill those last 2 mobs to open the door (AT the same exact time)!

The game was no where near soloable, but you know what, we enjoyed it immensely because it really was challenging. People were much more friendly and cooperative.

The game was never designed to be soloable and just the fact that you can now solo most of it shows how much easier it has become over the years.

This is an MMO, this argument always confuses me, why would you join a game with people if you didn't want to interact with any of them?
      If the game was never designed to be "soloable" then why did KI ever put in place solo only quests? I can somewhat understand for school specific quests, although I still feel as though there should be a sigil in place for players of the same school to help out the lower levels who are struggling.

Everyone has different playing techniques, not everyone has time to farm for the most up-to-date gear, some people play solely for the purpose of PVP (which also has a 1V1 so no teamwork involved there), I personally run 2 accounts because I am not the most social person, playing Wizard101 for me is my way of shutting down after a day, after working with the general public all day, I'm not always in the mood for a full blown conversation with strangers online, I hang out in quieter realms with my 2 wizards, and I quest at my own pace, I find anytime I make a "friend" they only follow the main story quests and rush through, me personally, I like to take the story in, and complete the side quests before I enter the next world. But this is MY style of playing, I understand not everyone will play like this.

Some people like a challenge, and that's okay, but I feel as though KI should cater for all types of players. Some people want to solo, and some don't. I always struggle with solo quests, and I do wish they would add sigils to these to allow players to have an option, either that or make the bosses easier so it's not one sided, because, well, it is. I used to ask for a lot of help on here for smaller worlds such as Mooshu, but I then took the chance of soloing and did well for a while, then I reached Azteca, and it all went downhill from that point on.
      A little consideration, a little thought for others,
      Makes all the difference

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot101 View Post
      it prob shouldnt be but once you make it soloble its bait and swich to change it?
      The end world bosses were never soloable!

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The end world bosses were never soloable!
      yeh but op is saying needs help all the time so i think he mean not just end boss? idk i do team up lots just thinking how its for solo players who cant solo now

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot101 View Post
      yeh but op is saying needs help all the time so i think he mean not just end boss? idk i do team up lots just thinking how its for solo players who cant solo now
      I always solo on my Myth first in any new world, I figure from there it can only be easier. Empyrea was no exception until the groves and titan. Could have probably solo'd the groves but figured why bother.

BTW, someone did solo titan, sure it took forever, but heck if you are that determined you too can do it!

IsaacGreenGem is offline Initiate Wizard

• IsaacGreenGem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Isaac Ironshard
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Archie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Decade Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've discussed this with friends and family that used to play this game, and it's a bit disappointing (and not to mention a little irritating) that one of the most overused ways of increasing "difficulty" in the later worlds is to just sprinkle over a bunch of cheats and gimmicks on bosses that are annoying and not particularly fun to figure out.

These occasional cheating bosses have been around ever since Celestia, and some are definitely more challenging than others. Some only have minor quirks or gimmicks that you'll pick up on and remember, but there's also a handful that are outright terrible to deal with if you're alone.

If I had to name a few, I outright loathe those bosses that have a "hit me every round or you get hit hard" cheat (namely Belloq in both Zafaria AND Azteca), and I'm not a huge fan of Moh'Lharz from Lower Zigzag and his constant Leviathan and Stormzilla spam every round or so. Bosses like these are VERY challenging, if not impossible to solo. They also have the added issue of being earlier on compared to other cheating bosses (in which you're more likely to have better gear and spells to utilize).

To be fair, cheating bosses often require you to consider strategies and methods you probably wouldn't think about otherwise, so I can at least appreciate them for being more memorable and satisfying to conquer compared to normal bosses.
      Isaac IronShard (140 Ice) | Isaac DragonTalon (140 Death) | Isaac DragonEyes (140 Balance) | Isaac StormSpear (140 Storm) | Isaac WaterFountain (140 Life) | Isaac Dragon (140 Fire) | Isaac WyrmFriend (100 Myth)

juliarubygem is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• juliarubygem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Julia RubyGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Wartle

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've been soloing on my Myth pretty much the whole time, currently in Empyrea, and I'm not really having any problems. There have been a few fights along the way where I've had to ask my brother to log on and help me with, but for the most part I find it pretty easy. I feel like it all depends on your gear and deck setup, but I agree that overall the game doesn't seem very solo friendly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast