Rowan Storyweaver is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Marleybone, Grizzleheim, or Wysteria

I have been dual-boxing level 27/28 fire and ice wizards and just finished Krokotopia. I thought I would probably do Grizzleheim next, but then remembered that Grizzleheim is not a world you can go straight through, and once you start it, it stays around forever with Zeke's Quest and the History book quest just there hanging around. Is there any disadvantage to leaving Grizzleheim and Wysteria until after Dragonspyre?

The advantage of doing Marleybone next for me is that I own all of it on my main account and most of it on my secondary. I do own the areas in Grizzleheim for the level wizards I am planning to run. I would either have to buy Wysteria for both accounts or get memberships for a month.

Another advantage of Marleybone might be faster leveling up. I think I would like to try farming Mount Olympus at level 30. Is that doable with two wizards at level 30 or should I not even attempt that?

Thanks for your comments and help!
      Last edited by Rowan Storyweaver; 4-4-19 at 10:25:10 PM.

Hunter Spellcrafter is offline Master Wizard

• Hunter Spellcrafter's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Marleybone, Grizzleheim, or Wysteria

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan Storyweaver View Post
      I have been dual-boxing level 27/28 fire and ice wizards and just finished Krokotopia. I thought I would probably do Grizzleheim next, but then remembered that Grizzleheim is not a world you can go straight through, and once you start it, it stays around forever with Zeke's Quest and the History book quest just there hanging around. Is there any disadvantage to leaving Grizzleheim and Wysteria until after Dragonspire?

The advantage of doing Marleybone next for me is that I own all of it on my main account and most of it on my secondary. I do own the areas in Grizzleheim for the level wizards I am planning to run. I would either have to buy Wysteria for both accounts or get memberships for a month.

Another advantage of Marleybone might be faster leveling up. I think I would like to try farming Mount Olympus at level 30. Is that doable with two wizards at level 30 or should I not even attempt that?

Thanks for your comments and help!
      Personally (and what I recently did with some newbie wizards), I do Wysteria, Marleybone and then Grizzleheim. I do it this way because Wysteria is pretty quick if you stack the quests. Marleybone (if high enough level), you get to learn a new spell. I save Grizzleheim for last because the xp isn't that great and it's not a personal favorite.

As far as I can recall, there is no disadvantage of saving Wysteria & Grizzleheim until after Dragonspyre.

As far as farming Mount Olympus, I use my max level wizards to farm for the ring and athame there as it's quicker to farm the area. But I have seen wizards in their 30s farm Mount Olympus, so nothing wrong with it if you want to do that.
      Hunter Spellcrafter
      130 B | 130 D | 130 I | 130 F | 130 L | 114 S | 130 M
      Member of Helpful Hatchers**Renaissance**Beastly Beasts

AmberLight is offline Magus Wizard

• AmberLight's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber Light
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Jessie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ice hound

Mood:
      Inspired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

There really isn't any loss for skipping wysteria or grizzleheim until after DS (well, a slight loss from the level 35 spell from GH but that's not necessary at first).

Mount olympus is a definite, you at least want to do it once for the Sky Iron Hasta once you get high enough level for it, and then if you can do it a few times for the Zeus pieces as well. It'll be tedious for certain, and may be a bit difficult, but long as you know the cheats of the bosses, should certainly be doable to farm (even if it may take a while)

The Miragian Lumiomancer

firewiz46 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• firewiz46's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kevin Lifewalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  miss belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  spiritual dragon

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For all my wizards I've done GH/WT as fast as possible and put the main storyline on hold. I finished GH for all my wizzes while in MS and would move back and forth between DS and WT. Generally I finished Wintertusk at the beginning of Celestia, but I could have finished it in DS and then go back to the storyline. Wintertusk is still my favorite area in the spiral and I didn't mind at all getting my WW gear at the beginning of Celestia (my life wizard actually did the Great Spire dungeon in DS in full WW gear). It made CS, ZF, and AV go super quickly and I could solo everything up until Ghost Avalon.

'It don't come easy' - Ringo

alexandranight is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My order: Marleybone, Wysteria, Mooshu, Grizzleheim/Wintertusk. I almost always do grizzle between mooshu and dragonspyre because it makes the pain of dragonspyre so much easier. When I do it that way, Iím usually always between 58-64 in dragonspyre. This makes dragonspyre incredibly easy which you might not like.

​Alexandra Nighthunter/Alexandra Lionriver/Alia Stormsong/Anna Dusksong/Brynn Ravenheart/​Nicole Nightstone/Sarah Sand

Rowan Storyweaver is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thank you all for all the ideas! Alexandra, I do not mind at all feeling overpowered in Dragonspyre. I have two wizards who have gone through it and usually I just want out of it as soon as possible. So I may do Grizzleheim before Dragonspyre for sure. I am leaning towards doing Marleybone next, perhaps interrupting it to do the dungeon at Mount Olympus.

Does everyone pretty much do Mount Olympus now? My two more advanced wizards (Celestia and Avalon: mid game now!) have not as they were past it by the time it came out. But I could use one of them to help my fire through it as they are not on the same account. I do have a death wizard in Mooshu who could probably help my ice wizard, but she is not as advanced.

Thanks again!

alexandranight is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan Storyweaver View Post
      Thank you all for all the ideas! Alexandra, I do not mind at all feeling overpowered in Dragonspyre. I have two wizards who have gone through it and usually I just want out of it as soon as possible. So I may do Grizzleheim before Dragonspyre for sure. I am leaning towards doing Marleybone next, perhaps interrupting it to do the dungeon at Mount Olympus.

Does everyone pretty much do Mount Olympus now? My two more advanced wizards (Celestia and Avalon: mid game now!) have not as they were past it by the time it came out. But I could use one of them to help my fire through it as they are not on the same account. I do have a death wizard in Mooshu who could probably help my ice wizard, but she is not as advanced.

Thanks again!
      Definitely do Mount Olympus as soon as you hit 30. If you already have the Sky Iron Hasta, do it for the XP. I wouldn't spend too much time getting all the gear pieces but they are helpful for surviving Wintertusk when you're not quite level 50.

​Alexandra Nighthunter/Alexandra Lionriver/Alia Stormsong/Anna Dusksong/Brynn Ravenheart/​Nicole Nightstone/Sarah Sand