Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Chat is getting out of control!

Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      When a HUMAN reads the chat log, it's clear there was no foul language used. That chat violates rules only for the non-AI bot KI uses. I'm fine if the bot flags these things. But they need to be reviewed by a human and treated accordingly.
      I 100% agree with this. Based on what I've read on this forum, this type of thing is not uncommon. KI should be fully aware their automated chat cops make mistakes. Why the heck won't they have a human review logs whenever someone is flagged? It makes no sense.

In addition, why is this even a thing? If they can detect that "a ss" is potentially a bad expression, why let a player say it in the first place? This makes no sense to me. Just filter it out and be done with it. No need for warnings at all. The way KI does this now is like entrapment. Not exactly like entrapment, but it's the closest type of thing I can think of. I can't think of a good reason for it to be done this way.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Draglegs View Post
      I 100% agree with this. Based on what I've read on this forum, this type of thing is not uncommon. KI should be fully aware their automated chat cops make mistakes. Why the heck won't they have a human review logs whenever someone is flagged? It makes no sense.

In addition, why is this even a thing? If they can detect that "a ss" is potentially a bad expression, why let a player say it in the first place? This makes no sense to me. Just filter it out and be done with it. No need for warnings at all. The way KI does this now is like entrapment. Not exactly like entrapment, but it's the closest type of thing I can think of. I can't think of a good reason for it to be done this way.
      Well here is the issue, I didn't get the warning for saying that. That is what they found when I had asked them to check my chat log. The warning came 10 hours prior to that chat even happen!

The Robo Cop never picked up that phase, because there is really nothing wrong in it.

So would everyone like to see the screen shots of the time stamps on everything, so you all understand?

As I was checking my emails from them I had notice something else that was totally off.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 3-9-19 at 11:01:45 AM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Ravino. is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Ravino.'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan DeathShield
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Grim Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Spectre

Mood:
      Elated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It seems @ValdusWildheart has covered the full extent of my position in this matter, so I'll add this little point.

Today I know players who receive warnings, even mutes and simply can't put themselves to e-mail Support, why? Because they know what a hassle it can be to have a dialogue with Support - these are people who already face stress from their families and job, they don't have the energy to exchange dozens of emails in an attempt to lift a sanction.

And Bailey's experience is just another episode of CS's ineffectiveness. They're saying their robo-cop was triggered by a phrase she'll say 10 hours later... just how absurd is that? Imagine if they answered immediately upon contact: "Your account has been flagged because of what you're gonna say tonight". ...lol

They don't know why Bailey was given a warning, they lifted the sanction without knowing why she was flagged or whatever it can happen again. To put it in perspective, it's like a cop brought her into a courthouse to stand trial and the judge just let her go without knowing why she was there.
      The cop doesn't explain their motives. The judge doesn't assert the situation. The defendant doesn't understand what's happening.
      They all continue with their lives, it was just another messy day in the courthouse. Tomorrow another innocent person will be brought to court - perhaps even the same person - and they may or may not face a different outcome under the same unknown charges.

So I just wonder: In this courthouse where no one knows what's happening or why, how do they find out who's guilty? And more importantly, how do they protect the citizens they exist to serve?

~R
      Last edited by Ravino.; 3-9-19 at 6:54:28 PM.

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino. View Post
      And Bailey's experience is just another episode of CS's ineffectiveness. They're saying their robo-cop was triggered by a phrase she'll say 10 hours later... just how absurd is that? Imagine if they answered immediately upon contact: "Your account has been flagged because of what you're gonna say tonight". ...lol
      I think you've actually solved the mystery. The reason we don't see improved customer service, game fixes we've all desperately wanted for years, more/better updates, etc. is because KI has been investing heavily building something else...

Hint:
      Spoiler
      ...Minority Report...
      Last edited by ValdusWildheart; 3-9-19 at 7:20:55 PM.

Epic Patrick is offline Legendary Wizard

• Epic Patrick's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Patrick
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Buddy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

happened to my friend too, typo'd beautiful and put a k at the end instead of L. got a warning for it lol. rly annoying, i wish ki would review these and only take action (a warning is an action! if you get a false warning, then you are closer to getting actual action against your account then before getting one) against verified, malicious-intent messages

Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So, that’s what “ss” mean!

This “ss” thing really bothered me as I could not understand why “secret service” (as in WWII) would be a bad word.

Now with the “A” in front I get it!
      I’ve been accused of being late to the party and I guess this time is no exception!

steMoGsteL is offline Fizzled

• steMoGsteL's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  WillowHeart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  9% fish luck corgi / ultimate energy corgi
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

And I 100% agree with your comment. Red words cannot be read. - Sounds like a good mantra for CS to learn. KI CS, say the following sentence out loud 10x in a row - Red words cannot be read.
      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Well here is the issue, I didn't get the warning for saying that. That is what they found when I had asked them to check my chat log. The warning came 10 hours prior to that chat even happen!

The Robo Cop never picked up that phase, because there is really nothing wrong in it.

So would everyone like to see the screen shots of the time stamps on everything, so you all understand?

As I was checking my emails from them I had notice something else that was totally off.
      You just answered the main thing I had in my head to ask about. That they did not warn you for saying what they are claiming you said. A tough question to ask CS is, Why did they not warn you for a 2nd time when you typed in the abbreviated version of "a screen shot"?Then this means they do not even know what they themselves deem sanctionable. It's a guessing game. 'Guessing game', hmm, that should be the name of a boxed game or game show.

I am looking at an comedic saying we have here on a plaque. It reads, "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino. View Post
      It seems @ValdusWildheart has covered the full extent of my position in this matter, so I'll add this little point.

Today I know players who receive warnings, even mutes and simply can't put themselves to e-mail Support, why? Because they know what a hassle it can be to have a dialogue with Support - these are people who already face stress from their families and job, they don't have the energy to exchange dozens of emails in an attempt to lift a sanction.

They don't know why Bailey was given a warning, they lifted the sanction without knowing why she was flagged or whatever it can happen again. To put it in perspective, it's like a cop brought her into a courthouse to stand trial and the judge just let her go without knowing why she was there.
      The cop doesn't explain their motives. The judge doesn't assert the situation. The defendant doesn't understand what's happening.
      They all continue with their lives, it was just another messy day in the courthouse. Tomorrow another innocent person will be brought to court - perhaps even the same person - and they may or may not face a different outcome under the same unknown charges.

So I just wonder: In this courthouse where no one knows what's happening or why, how do they find out who's guilty? And more importantly, how do they protect the citizens they exist to serve?

~R
      Well said Ravino. Btw, the cable company is just as bad, probably worse. I could write a book (it'd be a horror story, lol) each time Optimum/Altice/Cablevision (whatever they're called) goes awry. I've called them so often, always believing my call should just take 5 minutes long, each time proven wrong, it can take longer just for them to answer the call if one even gets that lucky. Recently they promised this and that and it's too much I'd have to type to give all the intricate details. Long story short (too late, I know), the cable boxes (both multi-room and dvr box) are still messing up recordings, not recording shows here and there. Even tonight it did not record a show and even now I can see it's gonna mess up tomorrow's episode of The Walking Dead. The reason I am mentioning this here is because of what @Ravino mentions, people just do not want to have to deal with Customer Support/Service. I know a simple phone call will last a long long time. I also know reporting multiple incidents at once is not going to help me get individual credits, but I am exhausted from the last set of calls I had to make. From that experience, the representative answering seem or act like they are eager to help, until they put you through to a supervisor. I've spoken to more than 1 supervisor (because one said they'd review the recorded phone messages and will call back, but never did) while the other supervisor said "we don't do what they promise". Don't worry guys, it was way worse than what I'm making it sound like. They did not do what several representatives promised they'd do and after speaking to 2 supervisors, I've exhausted my willpower to keep calling up in the hopes to get the one supervisor who might actually credit us with what at least 3 representatives promised we'd get (which all of them told me the supervisor will give easily, with no problem). And that went on during the same time as the 'putto incident' (Yet another great name for a film, Lol - "The Putto Incident" - coming to a theatre near you, on April Fools Day ). Bailey, maybe this all is an early AFD joke KI is pulling on ya. They gonna make ALL game items red-able words on April 1, just so they can say one of the best lines from one of the best movies, Spaceballs, "FOOOLED YOU!"

If I were to call them every time there is a problem, fuhgeddaboudit! (wow, this has 3 spellings in dictionary.com)

Vindicated! With this incident , I don't think I was like that at all. You might say I was when I was helping my friends with the Goo Corgi issue and helped with @steMoGsteL with his, to inform KI what the trigger word was. However, with the incident with steMoGsteL, KI had asked not to test words. With that being said, I didn't.

I also think, with some, its only natural for people who do care to try to figure things out, so others don't have to go through it. To warn, hey don't do that, this is what will happen.

No matter what, I will share with you all what KI says. I just check and I see my ticket is still open.

Yea, lol, you saw I was a bit trepidatious (um, "trepidatious" is underlined red when I type it here, but dictionary.com accepts it. Is this a computer thing or a Central thing?) when we were speaking. I get that uneasy feeling when talking on wiz about words that may cause warnings. Even more so if in-game priorities are not yet take cared of (DA, energy spending, etc). Of course my game priority will change now that P o'G has shown up! 8 wands to go, woot! Some of those simple words you talked about earlier that show up yellow that I remember are "reread" and "laptop". And the funny part is I always remembered "lap" as being yellow or red, but maybe I remember wrong because "lap" is now white. Go fig.

Last time, with putto, I wanted to do as you say and warn others. But how could I? Every person I tried warning, they all asked me what is the word not allowed to be said? Lol. I am like, um, I cannot tell you that. Just don't type it. Don't type what? Umm, I can't say? Then I get scared that by just mentioning to them and using the word "warning" or "suspended" or typing in a number to be descriptive, like saying, "7-day suspension" or "it's a lvl 25+ wand", just saying those sorts of things I feel like I am going around the system to say simple things. I feel like the words "suspension" and "warning" might perk up the robo-cop's ears. They are like sentinel fish sensing my lure enter the pool.

And for anyone who will say "do not go around the filter", to that I say NO! The filter is built with ways to work around it correctly. What do I mean? Simple, we can type in the word "eleventh" but not 11 or 11th (well, it'll be yellow). We can type the word "dozen" but not 12. We can type all sorts of working-around-the-filter numbers, if done in this way. "Tenth" but not "Ten", "Third" but not "three". These are all acceptable. So even though I say here it is going around the filter, it really is not. Numbers are important to know how to type in-game so we can communicate something as simple as telling someone how many more creatures we need to fight to earn a badge or something. Also, numbers are good to tell when they are in codes. Boy oh boy, do I have to work around the filter when it is 'code' season.
      A question of curiosity, what level is the char that got the warning? I once thought noob lvl would receive sanctions more than main, although the "putto" incident was on my main so maybe this doesn't make a difference. Btw, I still never heard word of why my sanction was an instant suspension with no warning. Hmm, perhaps this is like that old adage, "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? A: The world may never know". Maybe you can tell CS for me that your friend (me) is still waiting to hear back from them the reason why robo-police gave him that suspension with no warning and a clean account. :D

Bailey, some advice you likely already know is, keep contact with Support once a day (unfortunately) or they will close the ticket on you. It happened to me, then when I tried restarting it through the same ticket, all I got was automated messages on repeat mode.

About the time stamps, if you think there is something hard to explain (you explained it for me well enough), but if there is something else totally off then I guess yeah, easiest way might be to just copy/paste it here.
      Lol, I have one more thought. Something in-game that I have always like to do is, press any single letter on the keyboard and press enter with it. Why? Because when I am collecting, harvesting, farming, feeding pets, or anything that will make the chat box one eye-straining color, I want to separate that eye-strain sometimes. Break up the monotony. I like to see the stuff I am earning sometimes. Especially with wand farming. I just want to type anything, and type it in fast. Relentless farming mode. Also helps with plants like UKP as I just like to see if I get another UKP seed drop or amber. Can I get in trouble for this? I never did before but lately I've been making sure to only type in letters doubling as words, like "i" or "o" or "x".

Ok, these are my thoughts (for now). I likely will not be on Central as much, until I get these Patty wands done with. Good Luck, Bailey! You have my support.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 3-10-19 at 10:02:46 AM. Reason: fixed doubled post

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well, I heard back from them and they are still insisting that my warning triggered by something I had said 10 hours later. I had sent them tons of screen shots of everything, and yet I don't get how they can think this. The way I feel at this point is that they are not even looking further into it.

They have remined me several times that they had remove the sanctions and I am thankful of that, but the fact there is an on going issue here. @Sparck is there anyone else I can talk to about this? Going through CS person I have been emailing back and forth is not getting anywhere and I like some aswers. We all know KI can see what we said, but is our chat actually time stamp?

When we get a warning, due to chat and we said nothing wrong that trigger it, I think we should get faster response then 24 hours. Because, a player can not just stop talking for CS to respond back to them and when they look through the chat log, come up with somethelse that didnt trigger the warning.

Why can we not call? Honestly, I would love to be able to actually talk to a person and resolved this issue with the proper stuff they need to solve this. That would be a really nice bonus for long time members.

Honestly, the next time I get a warning, I will not play on that account till its resolved. The way I see it right now, by chatting after you get a warning your risking on getting accused for saying something that really did not trigger that warning.

Here is something else I had notice with my time stamp emails with KI
      The first email/notice of the warning came in at 11:51 am est 3/5 I had responded back to them right away, but my time stamp said at 10:54 am est on 3/5. I am eastern time zone while as far as I know KI is in central. So how can they be an hour ahead of me?
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 3-11-19 at 3:33:54 PM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Why can we not call?
      OH MY GOODNESS! I cannot imagine the awkwardness and fumbling around that call would bring to light. I think I would equal it to talking with my 2 year niece on the phone. Lots of questions from me, lots of silence and sniffling on the other end followed up by "I git my ice cream in precool class today" and "I fall and hurt me knee to-yesterdays" then an abrupt "Bye" and a dial tone. LOL.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

Ravino. is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Ravino.'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan DeathShield
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Grim Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Spectre

Mood:
      Elated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chris FireHeart View Post
      OH MY GOODNESS! I cannot imagine the awkwardness and fumbling around that call would bring to light. I think I would equal it to talking with my 2 year niece on the phone. Lots of questions from me, lots of silence and sniffling on the other end followed up by "I git my ice cream in precool class today" and "I fall and hurt me knee to-yesterdays" then an abrupt "Bye" and a dial tone. LOL.
      Honestly speaking, we know KI isn't gonna get a Support phone line - they can't afford it. But if we were to receive one upgrade to CS, my vote would be in a staff that actually reads and understands the tickets.

But if their actions over email and over phone were consistent, I feel talking to KI's Support would be akin to trying to have a discussion with an ignorant and very proud individual; they don't understand the topic but believe their position is right by default, so they shut themselves off and dismiss the insights of the better informed party which would lead them to review their perceptive.

But honestly I don't imagine it would wield all that different results. Next we'd ask for face-to-face CS and even in this level it can impossible to get through to people, especially when they're only representatives of a larger body and powerless to affect the bigger picture.

~R
      Last edited by Ravino.; 3-11-19 at 5:28:20 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast