Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Chat is getting out of control!

Dear KI,

Right now, I can not even begin to express how upset I am with you right now. Yesterday, I got an email from you saying: Following action been taken: Warning This has happened because of the following: using inappropriate language in our system. I thought, omg what did I say, so I went back and took ss of all my chat and showed it to my friends to see if we could see what trigger the warning. Nothing was found and I had email you "KI" about it. This all took place around 11:50 am est while I was farming Asrik.

Well, I just got a reply back and they said it was because of: "I got a ss of it." Now at first, looking at it, thinking I have said that many times but never got a warning and then I saw it, letter A next to the letters SS. Now I am sure that most of you know what SS means, Screen Shot. Here is the question, looking at the sentence how does it make sense if you put that in a sentence? It really doesn't

Here is another issue, that was said last night while I was in the Hatchery with @Yuna working on pets. She has asked me while we were in the sigil if I taken a screen shot and I saw it the last minute, so I replied back to her once I got out. Yuna can verify this. This all took place between 9:30 to 10:00 pm est last night. My warning came in at 11:50 am est!

This is the second time that this has happen to me. First time, I had messed up and by ask something. At that time I did go around the filter to say, "I wonder if KI got Ha ck or something?" When it was the Gooo Corgi incident. When I was trying to explain that I got the warning BEFORE I even said hack. They were stuck on just that phase. Now once again, I got the warning WAY before I said, "I got a ss of it." It's like the employees are not going back far enough in chat logs to see the ACTUAL time of the incident verses to the first thing they see that they think it's inappropriate. I feel if your going to give out warning to players, there has to be better way to match up time frames. I has asked once before, are chat logs time stamp? The person I was talking to would not answer me this, WHY NOT?

I am getting accused for saying something so innocent, and so commonly used! Its not right and things really need to get fixed. You want to know why you have lost some players, because of issues like this.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 3-6-19 at 1:08:29 PM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

morgrim dragonstaff is offline Adept Wizard

• morgrim dragonstaff's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  morgrim hawkstaff
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  king lola
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  deep leviathan

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Chat is getting out of control!

i can see both sides of this unfortunately

ki have seemed to flag your account for triggering the robo cop in the past so even taking a SS is cause for them to go "boom you've been warned"

and the fact that your not shy about calling a stupid rule exactly that when they don't look at context means your on their radar

that said for 2 extra letters you could have possibly saved yourself a headache... if you had said "i got a shot of it" they might just leave you alone

as someone who hates bad typing i'm not sure who's side to take

get rid of dumb rules that are lacking the ability to check context sure, but without properly typed out words you might as well be typing like a caveman and just mashing the keyboard

Alia Dawnbreaker is offline Apprentice Wizard

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well I can see both sides as well, sorry to say. I think the issue here is that so many people abbreviate words when writing nowadays, and meanings are easily misconstrued. The lesson I think that may be learned from this is that not everyone gets the same meaning when reading the same written message, so stop and think before hitting enter about whether anything you've typed could be viewed the wrong way. Or simply go back to the time when we wrote everything out in full. Texting has a lot to answer for I'm afraid, abbreviations are not always easiest or best in any given situation. But don't sweat it, you haven't been banned for this small mistake.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 3-7-19 at 8:39:57 PM. Reason: removed comment about grammar/spelling

thoseWizards is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My experience

Adding my experience just for information.

The open chat filters have recently been changed to include a "mystery" list of words, abbreviations, etc no longer allowed in this game. We know it includes the names of many bosses/mobs, gear items, normal every day words and abbreviations - however, this list is a "secret" so there is no way to know what not to say.

Me and my friends DO NOT swear or even close - I am not talking about inappropriate language. We all are very concerned with providing a safe environment for our families. I am talking about regular every-day language, including language pertaining to game play. It does not matter if you are in open, group or private chat - and it does not matter if you are in a dungeon. If your normal conversation happens to get tagged from the secret list - you get an automatic progressive sanction. Abbreviations are definitely a challenge to monitor, with only 26 letters in our alphabet, every letter could be construed in many ways.

I also am not talking about words that turn red and become dots. I am fine with dots if I make a typo or say something KI does not allow. However, this new secret list does not turn words to dots - instead it gives you a sanction -- how can that be. Although the warning/suspension you get on screen says you will get an email - you will not. That part doesn't work either.

Yes, you can send support an email, but you will likely get a "canned" answer. My belief is 99% of support is handled by auto-answers. If there is a live person at support, I do not know how to be directed to that person. I feel like saying, "please look at how many years with zero sanctions on all accounts, how many crowns I have spent, how many hours I have played, how many families I have helped - my feelings are hurt."

Although I have not left the game yet, I must admit I am very close. I have ended memberships when they expire and am spending nearly no crowns now. I am barely chatting to friends, afraid to say a word. After about 9 years of enjoyment and so many great friends, I am very sad to see this game die for me. There is only one thing now keeping me here a little longer - the friends I have met on this game.

Again, this is my experience I am sharing for information only.

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I don't see both sides of this issue.

When a HUMAN reads the chat log, it's clear there was no foul language used. That chat violates rules only for the non-AI bot KI uses. I'm fine if the bot flags these things. But they need to be reviewed by a human and treated accordingly.

There are so many ways around the filter that are known and used and not found/punished. There are so many ways beginning, ending, and partial words could be "excerpted" and penalized. I've been living through years of personal torment with middle school boys and the dumb jokes, including "huh huh, huh huh. You said _________." and they pull out a part of a word. It seems KI's bot functions on about the same level?

Is the goal no longer keeping inappropriate language out of the game? Has it really changed to do everything possible to avoid the bot, even if it means (i) setting up chat with friends outside of the game or (ii) never making or speaking with friends again?

juliarubygem is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• juliarubygem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Julia RubyGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Wartle

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by morgrim dragonstaff View Post

ki have seemed to flag your account for triggering the robo cop in the past so even taking a SS is cause for them to go "boom you've been warned"

and the fact that your not shy about calling a stupid rule exactly that when they don't look at context means your on their radar

that said for 2 extra letters you could have possibly saved yourself a headache... if you had said "i got a shot of it" they might just leave you alone

get rid of dumb rules that are lacking the ability to check context sure, but without properly typed out words you might as well be typing like a caveman and just mashing the keyboard
      Don't say you hate bad typing if you're going to make multiple grammar mistakes in your own post. I agree with your point that it would just be easier to type the word out, but I still don't think a simple "ss" is worthy of a warning.

Fairy Queen is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Fairy Queen's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ashley Fairyfriend
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Joey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Fox
      ----

Mood:
      Sleeping2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Ooooooooof. I'm sorry you have to be at KI's mercy.

~ Ashley Fairyfriend ~ 130 ~ Life ~
      ~ Nathan Sky ~ 90 ~ Storm ~
      Sorry for any grammar mistakes or misunderstandings, English is not my native language.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by morgrim dragonstaff View Post

I am one not to shy away from things, and I will voice my opinion. I have used the abbreviation of SS for screen shots so many times in the past, and only because I had put an letter A prior to it, they think, that is what cause the warning. NO IT WAS NOT!

The issue here is that, something trigger the warning and it was not me saying, "I got a ss."

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

inowhatilik is offline Master Wizard

• inowhatilik's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian Stormcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Good Golly "Miss Molly"
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Leviathan

Mood:
      Depressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I can agree that something needs to be done about the chat. I am seeing too many people getting banned and having to try and get accounts back, because they spoke in spanish or some other language. We do have lots of people playing that barely know english and when they try to speak their native language, it hurts them by warnings and banning. I understand that they need a system in place to help with the words that don't need to be spoken, but they need to do it in another way than this robot!

Wizard101 Pet Central Leader/Recruiter
      Off with the Red Queen's Head!

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

What really confuses me is who does KI think they are really protecting here? My kids are 12 and 14 and have been hearing foul language for years. Walk into any middle or intermediate school across the country and its like walking into a university for the study of foul language. It's crazy. I also feel it is my responsibility to teach, act and correct my children on foul language and other things like this. While I completely agree with the chat control KI has over this family friendly game, it's really how its done and who they are punishing. This is not punishable at all. Something has to be done to stop this nonsense and truly punish those who are blatantly using foul language in the game. If you want to use a bot that's OK, but you need to get your ducks a row, do your due diligence, look at the context of the conversation and do your job. And for goodness sakes, get a standard chat and text acronyms page and tape it up next to the reviewers computer.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast