----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

New Hatching Project

I'm starting a new hatching project. I'm looking for some advice. First, I'd like advice on if, based on my goal, the talents I'm choosing are the best. Second, is the body type the best based on my goal. Third, how should I go about the project based on my starting pets.

I want to build a pet for a myth wizard of mine that uses minions. I know that using minions is not optimal. I'm playing this wizard for fun rather than efficiency. With that goal in mind, I'd like to build a pet that helps my minions and/or helps keep me alive while my minions do the work. So, for example, damage and critical talents are out. I've been playing this wizard for a while now, so I know a little bit about what the minion(s) need the most. I'm able to keep the minion(s) alive pretty well with the healing and shielding I already have. So ally shielding talents aren't needed. My myth has a life mastery amulet, has trained healing spells, and uses a good bit of outgoing heal items. So, buffing my heals isn't really needed. But may cast healing talents could be useful to give extra heals. Minions are very slow killers, so likely the best talents/cards to help them will be stuff that increase their damage.

For body type, I'm thinking the Maple Moose will be best. It gives 3 Mythic Fuel cards. This gives a total of nine traps in 3 castings. For high health bosses, it is likely the minions will have to hit 9 or more times. So having a way to put multiple damage buffs on in a single casting seems like the way to go. Any other suggestions?

For talents I'm thinking about the following:

1. Buff Minion (May Cast) - Obvious damage buff for minions
      2. Ally Dragonblade - Obvious damage buff for minions
      3. Spell Defying - It will help keep me alive
      4. MC Unicorn - Heals minions and me
      5. MC Fairy - Heals me a lot since I have healing buffs
      6. Spell Proof - It will help keep me alive. (I have a Spell Proof jewel)

Anyone have other ideas for talents?

I'm pretty confident about my pet body type choice and talent choices, but I might be swayed by suggestions. The advice I really need is how to go about this project. I'd like this pet to have max stats (or at least darn close to it), so that's a consideration. My starting pets are a non-max stat Maple Moose with both the Buff Minion talent and Ally Dragonblade talents, and a non-Maple Moose with max stats, MC Unicorn, Defy, and MC Fairy. Do I try to get a Moose with all the talents first, then raise the stats? Or do I try to get stats on the Moose first, then talents? Or Do I go for stats and talents, then body type? What order am I looking for? What are the steps to get there? How high should I raise the pet before I declare it a fail and hatch again? Here is what I'm thinking now. But I'm really not sure about this path:

1. Get a max stat Moose with MC Unicorn, MC Fairy, and Defy. My reasoning here is that this will give me two pets of the right body type with all the stuff I need. Having this means that all the pets hatched from this point on will be Mooses and will potentially be useful. If I continue to hatch pets of different types, half will be automatically useless.

2. Work towards getting a max stat moose with Buff minion and Ally Dragonblade Talents.

3. Mix pets from step 1 & step 2 till I get the perfect pet.

While evaluating my hatching strategy, keep this info in mind: I only get one hatch per day per wizard. I don't buy energy elixirs. I have lots of couch potato plants, so lots of mega snacks and gold.

Thanks.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: New Hatching Project

Just wondering, are you planning on soloing?

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Draglegs is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Bailey Jade View Post
      Just wondering, are you planning on soloing?
      I started this wizard years ago and recently started playing him again. Here's a thread that explains him:

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...t-The-Pacifist

If you read the post it says I plan to solo all bosses. This wizard is now in Khrysalis. The regular bosses are still pretty easy for this build, but they have loads of health. It takes forever to kill them with only minions. So, I've made a slight modification to the rules. I decided that for normal bosses I can quest with others. But for any tough bosses (AKA: cheating bosses), I'll have to solo. I don't have a second account with any high level wizards, so I won't be dual boxing. Sometimes I can't find a questing partner, so I'll just go on my own. He can certainly play solo, it's just slow. Actually, this build is ridiculously survivable so from the point of view of not dying, it's a great way to solo.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Draglegs View Post
      I started this wizard years ago and recently started playing him again. Here's a thread that explains him:

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...t-The-Pacifist

If you read the post it says I plan to solo all bosses. This wizard is now in Khrysalis. The regular bosses are still pretty easy for this build, but they have loads of health. It takes forever to kill them with only minions. So, I've made a slight modification to the rules. I decided that for normal bosses I can quest with others. But for any tough bosses (AKA: cheating bosses), I'll have to solo. I don't have a second account with any high level wizards, so I won't be dual boxing. Sometimes I can't find a questing partner, so I'll just go on my own. He can certainly play solo, it's just slow. Actually, this build is ridiculously survivable so from the point of view of not dying, it's a great way to solo.
      Ok, gotcha! I had made a thread about how to quest on a myth. I got some great advice and nearly solo the later worlds. For pets, the ones I had used are a little different in what your aiming for. If your interested I can help you with hatches with the pets I used.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Bailey Jade View Post
      Ok, gotcha! I had made a thread about how to quest on a myth. I got some great advice and nearly solo the later worlds. For pets, the ones I had used are a little different in what your aiming for. If your interested I can help you with hatches with the pets I used.
      Thanks for the hatching offer. But based on the odd ball talents I want, I think the pets I already have will give me the best starting point I'll be able to find. Besides, you already did help me. You helped me get my first max stats pet prior to the kiosk being a thing. This pet will already have ancestors of yours. Ha.

Thanks again for helping get my first max stat pet.
      Last edited by Draglegs; 1-27-19 at 1:04:42 PM.

morgrim dragonstaff is offline Adept Wizard

• morgrim dragonstaff's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  morgrim hawkstaff
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  king lola
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  deep leviathan

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

if it was me i'd start with a basic cloning attempt... mix a max stat with your moose and try to get a moose with very high to max stats, as you said half or more will be fails for the changing body type but if it's not a moose just trash it and start again

if you are well versed in reading pet pools you can always look at myth pets in the kiosk that have clean to workable pools, having myth dealer in the end of project pool as a "fail talent" is not the worst thing

as its a unusual build it will take a bit more back and forth to bleed in the right talents without loosing stats, but if you remember that its far easier to change the body type via cloning you may save a bit of the headache. this is where the first 100 hatches comes into play

using the moose from your first few hatches means the talents like buff minion should be stronger in the final pet so long as those talents are transferred down the bloodline of your first hatches as well as your final pool hatches

best of luck with it and if you need any more help/ tips just pm me mate
      regards, Matt

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've been working on this project off and on. I've made some progress. I've gotten a moose with max stats and Ally Dragonblade. But I haven't gotten a max stat moose with all healing and resistance talents yet. Along the way I did get a moose that had pretty good talents including Ally Dragonblade. Since it was pretty good, I figured I'd try using it for a bit. I used it with my character that uses minions to kill. The Ally Dragonblade hasn't triggered at all. The trigger for this talent is not listed in the wiki. Does anyone know what it is?

I'm starting to worry the trigger is the wizard casting an attack spell. If so, this is a really poor trigger for this talent. In most cases, you wouldn't want to cast a blade on an ally if you're the hitter. Plus if you are a blade stacker, your hit probably just killed the enemy. I really hope KI didn't do this.

The wizard I want this pet for never attacks. If this is the trigger, this talent will be useless to me. I'm worried Maycast Buff Minion will have the same trigger as well. If someone knows the trigger for these, please let me know.

Thanks.

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

*Bump*

Anyone know the trigger for may cast Ally Dragonblade and may cast Buff Minion? Thanks.

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

*Bump* (again)

Anyone know the trigger for may cast Ally Dragonblade and may cast Buff Minion? Thanks.

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I used a pet with Ally Dragonblade for a good while on my minion casting wizard. It never cast even once. I'm guessing the trigger is your wizard attacking. This is really sad. In general, it makes it not very useful. If I'm hitting, chances are I need blades rather than an ally. Specifically for my wizard, it makes the talent 100% useless. This wizard never attacks, so it will never trigger. I won't be adding this to the wiki as a trigger because it's not really confirmed yet.

I used a pet with Maycast Buff Minion for 2 fights so far. I had it cast once when my minion and wizard were hit with an AoE. So it casts on any damage, when wizard is hit, or when minion is hit. I will continue to narrow this down. Once I figure it out, I'll update the wiki.

Since Ally Dragonblade is useless, I need to change the talents this pet will have. I think I'll exchange Ally DragonBlade with Maycast Legion Shield. I hear this triggers often and it will be helpful to my minions. I did complete phase 1 of this project as detailed in my first post, so I can build on that. I'm close to completing phase 2, so I plan to try to get Maycast Legion Shield onto the phase 2 pet. Will likely be a while before I get this pet where I want it. But it's moving along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast