----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Calling all Derby racers!

Seems that folks have forgotten that we still have tournaments here on Central for people who love to race their pets. No, really - I kid not!

Open Derby Tournaments

Not only are there some fun 1st Gen tournaments, which usually makes for some interesting match ups, but there is also a Multi tournament which is the ultimate fun in derby. You vs tree other racers at the same time, all running in a swarm - it really doesn't get more exciting than that. And...and there is also a Jr. tournament! For those not familiar with a Jr. Tournaments, it basically means that practically ANYONE can win since none of the derby "pros" are allowed to enter. As long as you've never won a derby tournament before then you have a chance at winning 1000 crowns!

Go ahead...give it a try - bet you'll find them to be a lot more fun than you imagined. And you could win loot!

Casp

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Calling all Derby racers!

So close on a few of these tournaments - come on, what do you have to lose except missing out on some fun!

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So, this message is a bit old, but bumping because we need racers NOW more than ever!

After a fun Derby gathering a few weeks ago I was really hoping we'd get a bit more involvement in Central tournaments but as yet attendance has been a bit...scant.

With that said, we have a few tournaments open at the moment - 2 regular tournaments and one Jr. Tournament - and they've been open for a bit. Even if you don't have the BEST derby pets, if you participate the worst that will happen is you'll meet another derby person AND you'll get to have some fun races.

Take one of the derby team and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Casp

Keima is offline Novice Wizard

• Keima's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kieran Wildrunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      So, this message is a bit old, but bumping because we need racers NOW more than ever!

After a fun Derby gathering a few weeks ago I was really hoping we'd get a bit more involvement in Central tournaments but as yet attendance has been a bit...scant.

With that said, we have a few tournaments open at the moment - 2 regular tournaments and one Jr. Tournament - and they've been open for a bit. Even if you don't have the BEST derby pets, if you participate the worst that will happen is you'll meet another derby person AND you'll get to have some fun races.

Take one of the derby team and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Casp

Hopefully I can find my main crew, and run a few races tonight. I am ready to get back to work hatching that perfect pet :D.

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Keima View Post
      Hopefully I can find my main crew, and run a few races tonight. I am ready to get back to work hatching that perfect pet :D.
      It was great to see you in game last night. Not sure how many people will rally to your call to race, but I'll be there again tonight - let's race!

Casp

Jeremy5511 is offline Adept Wizard

• Jeremy5511's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jeremy Dragonheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pig

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Sadly Pet derby has been lost for years now , tournaments with not many players in it , it used to be at least 16, 32,even 64 we had a couple , all the great players been lost / gone since 2014 , the groups of racers in practice that used to do fun races been lost since 2013 , best of the all ever derby players bruteforce stopped playing in 2012 . Last tournament with 13 to 16 derby great racers was held in 2013 .Pet derby was one of the best parts of wizard but with all the mistakes KI made in the game in general it completely killed off pet derby . All kinds of lame updates Ki did that didn't really advance anything in the game , yet after so many out cries to put spectator mode in derby or any of the ideas players pointed out over the years or any kind of update whatsoever KI never did anything at all for derby . I loved pet derby and all the great players i met and had fun with in derby . Its really sad how Kingsisle never learned to advance parts of the game that had the most potential and were most fun .
      Last edited by Jeremy5511; 5-18-19 at 2:46:28 AM.
      Jeremy Dragonheart

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

We could always count on you to say it like it is!

Derby has indeed suffered from K I's lack of attention - yes, it was never as popular as PvP, but it COULD have been (could still BE!) great! Or, at least, so much better. As we see people grinding hours and hours and HOURS to climb to the top of the Deckathalon Leaderboard - for a PET! - if K I really wanted to they could do the same for Derby. Unique pets that can't be hatched, a leaderboard, and training your pets in PRACTICE - done. Derby would be relevant again.

But they haven't - bringing NEW content into the game like gardening, fishing (fishing!), leaderboards and tournaments for PvP, Monstrology, Photomancy...all while Derby has got NOTHING. The same courses that existed when Derby came online, the same glitches, the same insulting number of tickets for a win...why, K I, WHY?! The one, and ONLY, change since derby came out was that they allowed racers to feed their pet after a race, but to show how little they value Derby they made it in RANKED?! If I need to train my pet, why would I race it in RANKED?! Because a Derby rank means absolutely nothing to K I. How fitting.

Anyway, you are correct that things are rather bleak - in game and here. The Central community hasn't just suffered from K I's indifference but has also been impacted by demographics as the players you mentioned got involved with..well...life. Derby always pulled from a younger crowd and those racers around in the beginning started going to college, started with jobs, started to have families - you know, things irl that get in the way with the game.

That is, except me - I was well past all those things a TWO decades ago! And I'm still here so while participation is abysmal, I'll continue to open tournaments and hope for the best. But if you ever want to come back, there will always be a place for ya!

Casp

Gratuitous plug - there are still derby tournaments that need to be filled!

Jeremy5511 is offline Adept Wizard

• Jeremy5511's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jeremy Dragonheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pig

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      We could always count on you to say it like it is!

Derby has indeed suffered from K I's lack of attention - yes, it was never as popular as PvP, but it COULD have been (could still BE!) great! Or, at least, so much better. As we see people grinding hours and hours and HOURS to climb to the top of the Deckathalon Leaderboard - for a PET! - if K I really wanted to they could do the same for Derby. Unique pets that can't be hatched, a leaderboard, and training your pets in PRACTICE - done. Derby would be relevant again.

But they haven't - bringing NEW content into the game like gardening, fishing (fishing!), leaderboards and tournaments for PvP, Monstrology, Photomancy...all while Derby has got NOTHING. The same courses that existed when Derby came online, the same glitches, the same insulting number of tickets for a win...why, K I, WHY?! The one, and ONLY, change since derby came out was that they allowed racers to feed their pet after a race, but to show how little they value Derby they made it in RANKED?! If I need to train my pet, why would I race it in RANKED?! Because a Derby rank means absolutely nothing to K I. How fitting.

Anyway, you are correct that things are rather bleak - in game and here. The Central community hasn't just suffered from K I's indifference but has also been impacted by demographics as the players you mentioned got involved with..well...life. Derby always pulled from a younger crowd and those racers around in the beginning started going to college, started with jobs, started to have families - you know, things irl that get in the way with the game.

That is, except me - I was well past all those things a TWO decades ago! And I'm still here so while participation is abysmal, I'll continue to open tournaments and hope for the best. But if you ever want to come back, there will always be a place for ya!

Casp

Gratuitous plug - there are still derby tournaments that need to be filled!
      As always you have the best and complete picture of the situation . My post is quite negative due to the real pain i felt why KI did nothing for derby all these years . the players left including my self cause Ki simply refused to do anything to make people engaged in this one of the best parts of wizard , it honestly is , i did it all in 10 years of playing , every aspect of the game explored to the max yet derby of it all had my love and players were wonderful people unlike the things you see happen in pvp. Yes you are right some players left due to life ect. but the main reason i think is the Ki failure to advance this part of the game . And it didn't need allot of things to it , spectator mode would make all the difference.
      Last edited by Jeremy5511; 5-18-19 at 12:14:50 AM.
      Jeremy Dragonheart

Flash33 is offline Exalted

• Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various