Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Medulla

So, after a long absence, I'm finally getting my Wizards up through Mirage and Empyrea. My Balance wizard, Mark DeathMask, is finally ready to face the final dungeon.

I've had company from The Lone Ninja Escapist this entire time, and I wanna take my time with the story. BUT we need help.

Level 125 Balance Wizard. Not equipped to heal, but able to support.
      Level 125 Myth Wizard, Lone Ninja Escapist. Could be a hitter? Probably.

Plan is to do it tomorrow, Sunday August 29th, around 2pm Eastern. We should be ready by then.

(Also, personal request, no spoilers. I've stayed as far away from them as possible to make it a genuine reaction.)
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      Critical/Block misconceptions | Zafaria sins!

firewiz46 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• firewiz46's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kevin Lifewalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  miss belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  spiritual dragon

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Medulla

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Rose View Post
      So, after a long absence, I'm finally getting my Wizards up through Mirage and Empyrea. My Balance wizard, Mark DeathMask, is finally ready to face the final dungeon.

I've had company from The Lone Ninja Escapist this entire time, and I wanna take my time with the story. BUT we need help.

Level 125 Balance Wizard. Not equipped to heal, but able to support.
      Level 125 Myth Wizard, Lone Ninja Escapist. Could be a hitter? Probably.

Plan is to do it tomorrow, Sunday August 29th, around 2pm Eastern. We should be ready by then.

(Also, personal request, no spoilers. I've stayed as far away from them as possible to make it a genuine reaction.)

I'm not a person who is stuck on having a storm hitter since I have wizards in every class and know everyone can be a hitter with the right outfit...however...with Medulla, a storm hitter is preferable since it is the only school that boosts to Medulla and everyone else resists. Myth is not a good idea for a hitter for the reason below.

Also, you must have treasure card spells in your side deck to reliably cast when you are confused. If you don't pick a spell to cast, a random spell from the ones available in your deck will be picked for you and you might end up seriously damaging your team. Treasure card myth shields are a great choice, just fill your side deck with lots and lots of myth shields. You can cast them normally to block Medulla's hits to you and when you are confused you can cast them and just end up with a harmless myth shield on Medulla. Just don't use Myth as a hitter.

If it gets to Tuesday or Wednesday and you still need help, please pm me, but I'm not around much until then.

'It don't come easy' - Ringo

Legendary Rose is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firewiz46 View Post
      I'm not a person who is stuck on having a storm hitter since I have wizards in every class and know everyone can be a hitter with the right outfit...however...with Medulla, a storm hitter is preferable since it is the only school that boosts to Medulla and everyone else resists. Myth is not a good idea for a hitter for the reason below.

Also, you must have treasure card spells in your side deck to reliably cast when you are confused. If you don't pick a spell to cast, a random spell from the ones available in your deck will be picked for you and you might end up seriously damaging your team. Treasure card myth shields are a great choice, just fill your side deck with lots and lots of myth shields. You can cast them normally to block Medulla's hits to you and when you are confused you can cast them and just end up with a harmless myth shield on Medulla. Just don't use Myth as a hitter.

If it gets to Tuesday or Wednesday and you still need help, please pm me, but I'm not around much until then.
      Good to know. If need be, we'll just try beating him to death.

If we have to delay for some reason, I'll poke you with a really long stick.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief

The Lone Ninja Escapist is offline Legendary Wizard

• The Lone Ninja Escapist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sarah BattleThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight, Maximus, Toby, Diesel
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Heckhound, Storm Hound, Orthrus, Danger Hound

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Off-topic: As someone who completed their first run with Medulla as a hitter, I kindly disagree.

I was in a team of 2 Lifes and a Death, with one of them having farmed Medulla as a hobby. I was made one of the hitters because of stats and I usually have 39%-41% piercing when going against Myth. I can easily negate Medulla's resist with Extraordinary if I wanted to deal normal damage. With a good leader and a supportive team, you can be a good Myth hitter against Medulla if you can quickly attack before you lose your buffs or health.

Worst case scenario: I'm the only hitter and I have to work with an uncooperative deck throughout the battle.
      Best case scenario: We have 2-3 hitters in the team with good support, add an expert Medulla runner and we'll get through the battle with little problems.
      I'm willing to be hitter again if needed. I'll do support if the team wants dispels and shields, and a bit of healing. I can't say that I'm an expert at Medulla, but I'm confident enough to say that Myth hitters are possible in this fight when you work with a good team.

On topic: As of now, we still need 2 people to run Medulla - or 3, if @Legendary Rose wants to change the team.

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

We're hitting Team Up right now. Dungeon is "Headquarters" in Empyrea.

Rayzer is offline Exalted

• Rayzer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  The Fairycaller Clan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Moose
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Bloodbat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

How did your run go? I came back again a few days ago and the first request I received from my friends was to help with Medulla.

I used two Life wizards with not optimized decks, and we did o.k., took us about a half hour or so, I think.
      Thanks to Ashley Frost for the Signature

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
      How did your run go? I came back again a few days ago and the first request I received from my friends was to help with Medulla.

I used two Life wizards with not optimized decks, and we did o.k., took us about a half hour or so, I think.
      It went well. Original E.T.A. was 4-5 hours. Based on the sheer amount of health and resist, I can see why. We completed it in about half that, maybe less.

We spammed Team Up for a bit, and eventually went with a Life wizard who had experience farming. I'd optimized my deck to the best of my abilities, only to find that the cheats totally underwhelming. Only thing I regret is not packing more Conviction, simply because I've focused stats more on attack power and piercing. Still did pretty well.

I was honestly surprised, mostly because it didn't seem as difficult as other end-game bosses (like Grandfather Spider, Morganthe, Malistaire the Undying, etc). This is the first significant end-game boss whose cheats are so simplified, first one I caught onto almost immediately. Even with the Confusion cheat, it still seemed really easy- even though we all died 3 or 4 times each.

Anywho, ran over the brainy boi, and now my Balance Wizard has finished Empyrea Part 1. Just gotta get the rest of my Wizards through Mirage now.
      Last edited by Legendary Rose; 7-30-18 at 7:04:42 PM.

firewiz46 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• firewiz46's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kevin Lifewalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  miss belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  spiritual dragon

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Ninja Escapist View Post
      Off-topic: As someone who completed their first run with Medulla as a hitter, I kindly disagree.

I was in a team of 2 Lifes and a Death, with one of them having farmed Medulla as a hobby. I was made one of the hitters because of stats and I usually have 39%-41% piercing when going against Myth. I can easily negate Medulla's resist with Extraordinary if I wanted to deal normal damage. With a good leader and a supportive team, you can be a good Myth hitter against Medulla if you can quickly attack before you lose your buffs or health.

Worst case scenario: I'm the only hitter and I have to work with an uncooperative deck throughout the battle.
      Best case scenario: We have 2-3 hitters in the team with good support, add an expert Medulla runner and we'll get through the battle with little problems.
      I'm willing to be hitter again if needed. I'll do support if the team wants dispels and shields, and a bit of healing. I can't say that I'm an expert at Medulla, but I'm confident enough to say that Myth hitters are possible in this fight when you work with a good team.

On topic: As of now, we still need 2 people to run Medulla - or 3, if @Legendary Rose wants to change the team.
      I think you missed the point entirely of my reason that I would avoid myth as a hitter for medulla so I will explain it more slowly. I've run medulla 6 times through team up and every single time players used the exact same strategy. They pack lots of myth shields in their side decks and used them often. When health was an issue they used them on themselves and when they were confused, myth shields were the go to preferred spell to use. No matter the reason, when you packed up a bunch you could pull up the trusty myth shields. Bottom line, you ended up with lots of 75% and 85% myth shields on medulla from different players that ended up stacking. Of course you don't need to use this strategy. But it actually worked really well. You seem really stuck on being the hitter so I won't try to dissuade you.

'It don't come easy' - Ringo

Rayzer is offline Exalted

• Rayzer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  The Fairycaller Clan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Moose
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Bloodbat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I think you missed the point entirely of my reason that I would avoid myth as a hitter for medulla so I will explain it more slowly. I've run medulla 6 times through team up and every single time players used the exact same strategy. They pack lots of myth shields in their side decks and used them often. When health was an issue they used them on themselves and when they were confused, myth shields were the go to preferred spell to use. No matter the reason, when you packed up a bunch you could pull up the trusty myth shields. Bottom line, you ended up with lots of 75% and 85% myth shields on medulla from different players that ended up stacking. Of course you don't need to use this strategy. But it actually worked really well. You seem really stuck on being the hitter so I won't try to dissuade you.
      I run with non-Life hitters and pack life shields for myself, but Myth makes sense if you have them.
      Thanks to Ashley Frost for the Signature