•  Ice

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: HP Buffer (Defensive Strategies)

So many people either misunderstand, refuse to understand, or stray away to some minor detail in wording...

It's just a simple concept that a lot of people probably never thought about.

Just restating something someone has already pointed out:

If you have 1000hp, 0% resist. You get hit by something that does 1000 hit points. You die.
      If you have 1000hp, 50% resist (as an example of course). You get hit by something that is supposed to do 1000 points originally, it's reduced to hitting you with 500 points, so you survive with 500hp, needing another hit that originally would do 1000 points to kill you.
      => that equals to needing 2000 original hit points before resist to kill you instead of 1000 points =>resist is related to health, and can be seen as "extra health" assuming no pierce is involved. The numbers are of course, simplified, and you won't always have full complete 50% resist, but the concept remains the same.

His point is, don't go all for resist and forget that health is important too, especially at max level because pierce is so common. For instance, once pierce pierces through you entire resist, or is very close to your resist, resist is basically useless and having more health would be more helpful than having resist in this scenario. So, try out different combinations of resist and health and see what's most effective for your play style/strategy/level/people you face, etc. That's not something anyone who just started pvping can fully understand or carry out, hence the "advanced" in the title.

At least, this is what I think the post is about. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wolf Legendthief is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Wolf Legendthief's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wolf Legendthief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  God's Pet
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Divine

Mood:
      Spooky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: HP Buffer (Defensive Strategies)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle0228 View Post
      So many people either misunderstand, refuse to understand, or stray away to some minor detail in wording...

It's just a simple concept that a lot of people probably never thought about.

Just restating something someone has already pointed out:

If you have 1000hp, 0% resist. You get hit by something that does 1000 hit points. You die.
      If you have 1000hp, 50% resist (as an example of course). You get hit by something that is supposed to do 1000 points originally, it's reduced to hitting you with 500 points, so you survive with 500hp, needing another hit that originally would do 1000 points to kill you.
      => that equals to needing 2000 original hit points before resist to kill you instead of 1000 points =>resist is related to health, and can be seen as "extra health" assuming no pierce is involved. The numbers are of course, simplified, and you won't always have full complete 50% resist, but the concept remains the same.

His point is, don't go all for resist and forget that health is important too, especially at max level because pierce is so common. For instance, once pierce pierces through you entire resist, or is very close to your resist, resist is basically useless and having more health would be more helpful than having resist in this scenario. So, try out different combinations of resist and health and see what's most effective for your play style/strategy/level/people you face, etc. That's not something anyone who just started pvping can fully understand or carry out, hence the "advanced" in the title.

At least, this is what I think the post is about. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly my point. I tried my best to explain this concept but I'm assuming people still found that too difficult to comprehend. Basically, at a certain point, health will carry more weight than resistance due to Infallible and Shrike being present but no actual counter to % health. This is best exemplified at lower level PvP (below lvl 20) where health is actually more valuable than resist when your opponent has an Infallible aura up. Hence why I put "advanced" in the past because people still have trouble understanding this and that is why it's a complicated concept when you compare health vs resist in larger scales.
      Last edited by Wolf Legendthief; 9-22-18 at 9:58:20 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456