•  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Any gear recommendations?

So right now I'm at the very start of celestia, I have level 30 Zeus gear that you can get at Mount Olympus but I wonder if there's any better gear available.
      Last edited by CraftedMS; 11-6-16 at 8:04:27 AM.
      Special thanks to Expelliarmus at Blue Nouveau Designs for making this incredible signature picture!

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life) Scot WaterWielder (Ice)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Any gear recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by CraftedMS View Post
      So right now I'm at the very start of celestia, I have level 30 Zeus gear that you can get at Mount Olympus but I wonder if there's any better gear available.
      I used the Level 50 Malistaire robe No auction, The level 50 No Auction Shoes, and Level 50 No auction Hat. The Shoes and Hat might take some farming (I think the hat and the shoes drop from the Cyclops in Malistaire's dungeon) but the Malistaire Robe drop rate is quite reasonable. But this is in no way a level 50 or so must wear, I think the Zeus gear is fine too but it is pretty darn old. I believe there is a ring and am athame that gives out damage for Level 50 (Level 52? or 54?).

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

masterofspelss is online now Legendary Wizard

• masterofspelss's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Maggie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I definitely recommend grabbing the level 50 gear. However, if you have access to Barkingham Palace, I highly suggest getting the gear from there, as I'm pretty sure they're slightly better.

"I'm the Doctor"

PaigeSkyBlade is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The 50 Malistare robe is good. Also master rattlebones and krokopatra gear is nice too.

^^

firewiz46 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• firewiz46's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kevin Lifewalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  miss belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  spiritual dragon

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The crafted ring & athame from Wintertusk are definitely a step up over anything that you will see until Avalon. There is also level 50 gear that you can buy from the vendors in WT. It may or may not be an improvement depending on your school, but you can look since there isn't any farming involved. There is a lot of specialty gear available from the bazaar levels 52 - 58. It is also worthwhile to just spend a little time going through it and seeing if there is anything interesting that would work with your play style.

You could probably farm for something a little better, but full Zeus gear can work just fine so no need to go crazy. At level 56 you can get a full set of crafted Wintertusk gear which will be a step up without much effort. At 60 you can farm for Waterworks gear.

'It don't come easy' - Ringo

CraftedMS is offline Apprentice Wizard

• CraftedMS's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner ShadowGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Zeus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I used the Level 50 Malistaire robe No auction, The level 50 No Auction Shoes, and Level 50 No auction Hat. The Shoes and Hat might take some farming (I think the hat and the shoes drop from the Cyclops in Malistaire's dungeon) but the Malistaire Robe drop rate is quite reasonable. But this is in no way a level 50 or so must wear, I think the Zeus gear is fine too but it is pretty darn old. I believe there is a ring and am athame that gives out damage for Level 50 (Level 52? or 54?).
      I tried going for the Malistaire robes but after a few runs I figured that it might not be worth all the trouble, also I didn't know that the bosses leading to Malistaire actually dropped anything useful (I always skip them) so I may take a peak at his drops to see what I can find. As for the athame and ring, I'll try looking out for them.
      Quote Originally Posted by masterofspelss View Post
      I definitely recommend grabbing the level 50 gear. However, if you have access to Barkingham Palace, I highly suggest getting the gear from there, as I'm pretty sure they're slightly better.
      I'll take a look, plus I needed to finish the Barkingham Palace questline anyway.
      Quote Originally Posted by PaigeSkyBlade View Post
      The 50 Malistare robe is good. Also master rattlebones and krokopatra gear is nice too.
      Like I said with Dylan, I'm not so sure about the Malistaire robes but I'll consider it as an option, maybe if I get lucky in team up I'll try farming for them again.
      Quote Originally Posted by firewiz46 View Post
      The crafted ring & athame from Wintertusk are definitely a step up over anything that you will see until Avalon. There is also level 50 gear that you can buy from the vendors in WT. It may or may not be an improvement depending on your school, but you can look since there isn't any farming involved. There is a lot of specialty gear available from the bazaar levels 52 - 58. It is also worthwhile to just spend a little time going through it and seeing if there is anything interesting that would work with your play style.

You could probably farm for something a little better, but full Zeus gear can work just fine so no need to go crazy. At level 56 you can get a full set of crafted Wintertusk gear which will be a step up without much effort. At 60 you can farm for Waterworks gear.
      Thanks for the information, I'll take a stroll through the Bazaar and WT vendors before heading into Celestia. I'll definitely try and pick up the Wintertusk crafted gear and the Waterworks gear when I'm at the appropriate levels.
      Special thanks to Expelliarmus at Blue Nouveau Designs for making this incredible signature picture!

Zarin64 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Zarin64's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Corwin Swiftcatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat, Red Ghost, Enchanted Armament, Pixie Queen 57 (Card)

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

As others have already said, your gear is still adequate, with ring and athame being the biggest area for improvement. Do take a look at the Hrundle Fjord ring and athame vendor. Knut is quest locked, but the quest is simple and it's only a few steps into the WT story line. And if you have a higher level wizard on the same account, you can just visit Knut and pass the ring and athame via the shared bank. In addition, that gear ends up at the Bazaar often enough, so check it there.

In fact, it is easier to start with WT and then switch to Celestia after you leveled up some. You'd better get some early access to Floating Land, though, both for Monstrous/Gargantuan spells when you level up and for the crafting quest to be able to make that wonderful Sudrilund gear for level 56+.

Your wand (Sky Iron Hasta) is great for many more levels, so you don't have to do anything with it just yet. Maybe craft The Edge of the Green from Ingulf the Grower if you want a more defensive build. The two Guiding Light charms from it will work really nicely with your Availing Hands once you get the spell. Ingulf also sells some nice athame and ring recipes with life, mana, damage, extra energy and some more bonuses in them.

As you can tell, I'm much in favor of doing at least a big part of WinterTusk before Celestia, and your Availing Hands spell alone is reason enough. Still, do check the Master Duels - they are bound to drop some useful things too. One item I liked was Bonesmasher's Robe from Rattlebones Master Duel - it's very nice for its level.

Good luck!
      My wizards: Corwin Swiftcatcher (Death), Alexandra Winterflower (Ice), Darby Firebreeze (Fire), Katie Wildheart (Storm), Heather (Life), Sarah LionHeart (Myth).

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner ShadowGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Zeus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin64 View Post
      As others have already said, your gear is still adequate, with ring and athame being the biggest area for improvement. Do take a look at the Hrundle Fjord ring and athame vendor. Knut is quest locked, but the quest is simple and it's only a few steps into the WT story line. And if you have a higher level wizard on the same account, you can just visit Knut and pass the ring and athame via the shared bank. In addition, that gear ends up at the Bazaar often enough, so check it there.

In fact, it is easier to start with WT and then switch to Celestia after you leveled up some. You'd better get some early access to Floating Land, though, both for Monstrous/Gargantuan spells when you level up and for the crafting quest to be able to make that wonderful Sudrilund gear for level 56+.

Your wand (Sky Iron Hasta) is great for many more levels, so you don't have to do anything with it just yet. Maybe craft The Edge of the Green from Ingulf the Grower if you want a more defensive build. The two Guiding Light charms from it will work really nicely with your Availing Hands once you get the spell. Ingulf also sells some nice athame and ring recipes with life, mana, damage, extra energy and some more bonuses in them.

As you can tell, I'm much in favor of doing at least a big part of WinterTusk before Celestia, and your Availing Hands spell alone is reason enough. Still, do check the Master Duels - they are bound to drop some useful things too. One item I liked was Bonesmasher's Robe from Rattlebones Master Duel - it's very nice for its level.

Good luck!
      Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check out the Merchants you've mentioned while I travel through Wintertusk.

Angel Eyes is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Angel Eyes's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dingbat
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Useless Git
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Something with a feint

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

First the bad news. You are at one of the BIGGEST gear gaps in the game. Level 50 is an AWFUL time for the average wiz because the game really changes between Dragonspyre and Celestia (and by extension, Grizzle and Wintertusk).

--First arc gear has no block or critical. While you are not really expecting to be a crit monster, having SOME block is essential to survival against the tougher mobs and bigger bosses of CL, and the much tougher mobs and much tougher bosses of WT.

--The amount of damage you need to be effective rises dramatically in CL. The first area, Survey Camp, has some fire and storm guys with around 800-900 health. The very next area, the Grotto, has some ice guys with over 1600 health that use rank 7 spells. And it keeps going up from there! The problem is, you will want to have at least 50-60% damage boost going into that next area, but you likely won't be able to find gear with adequate damage AND adequate accuracy/pips until you hit level 52-54. Which means you might have to scrounge around for sides to do before you venture into the grotto or stormriven.

--Wintertusk mobs are nastier and hit harder/crit more compared to equally-sized CL mobs. A lot of folks test the waters here at level 50, find it a big hassle, and put it off until level 55, 60, or even 80. I would definitely TRY to get inside Hrundle Fjord and get those vendors unfrozen. It may take some tries and some hunting around for help. Worth it, though.

Then the good news. If you are lucky enough to have questing partners, you can do fine in zeus gear or a mix of zeus and bazaar/dropped gear. As balance, you will be highly sought after for your heals and buffs. I personally know a storm player who kept their zeus gear until they hit 56 and soloed most of CL. He swapped out the sky iron hasta for a bazaar block wand as soon as he could equip one.

And now for the great news. Carax Strongthread and Ingolf the Grower are not quest- or level-locked.

That's right. If you own or have access to Vestrilund and Sudrilund, and you have a grandmaster crafter of ANY level, you can port them in and they can buy the recipes for any item. All my adept and magus noobs have pre-emptively bought their wintertusk gear recipes and ring/athame recipes from their respective vendors. Warning you need to also have access to the crafting station in Northguard to make your stuff.
      Angel's dad pulled the last box out of the closet, the one with Shoes of Pain and Fear printed in faded Gothic letters across it. Angel tried them on. In fact, they were snug and comfy, and not even a little bit scary.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner ShadowGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Zeus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
      First the bad news. You are at one of the BIGGEST gear gaps in the game. Level 50 is an AWFUL time for the average wiz because the game really changes between Dragonspyre and Celestia (and by extension, Grizzle and Wintertusk).

--First arc gear has no block or critical. While you are not really expecting to be a crit monster, having SOME block is essential to survival against the tougher mobs and bigger bosses of CL, and the much tougher mobs and much tougher bosses of WT.

--The amount of damage you need to be effective rises dramatically in CL. The first area, Survey Camp, has some fire and storm guys with around 800-900 health. The very next area, the Grotto, has some ice guys with over 1600 health that use rank 7 spells. And it keeps going up from there! The problem is, you will want to have at least 50-60% damage boost going into that next area, but you likely won't be able to find gear with adequate damage AND adequate accuracy/pips until you hit level 52-54. Which means you might have to scrounge around for sides to do before you venture into the grotto or stormriven.

--Wintertusk mobs are nastier and hit harder/crit more compared to equally-sized CL mobs. A lot of folks test the waters here at level 50, find it a big hassle, and put it off until level 55, 60, or even 80. I would definitely TRY to get inside Hrundle Fjord and get those vendors unfrozen. It may take some tries and some hunting around for help. Worth it, though.

Then the good news. If you are lucky enough to have questing partners, you can do fine in zeus gear or a mix of zeus and bazaar/dropped gear. As balance, you will be highly sought after for your heals and buffs. I personally know a storm player who kept their zeus gear until they hit 56 and soloed most of CL. He swapped out the sky iron hasta for a bazaar block wand as soon as he could equip one.

And now for the great news. Carax Strongthread and Ingolf the Grower are not quest- or level-locked.

That's right. If you own or have access to Vestrilund and Sudrilund, and you have a grandmaster crafter of ANY level, you can port them in and they can buy the recipes for any item. All my adept and magus noobs have pre-emptively bought their wintertusk gear recipes and ring/athame recipes from their respective vendors. Warning you need to also have access to the crafting station in Northguard to make your stuff.
      Well first of all I could take the guys at the Survey camp but in the Grotto with the ice mobs you've mentioned is where I stop the line, I already have had enough time dealing with Ice enemies in Dragonspyre (Dang towershields) but ice enemies with 1600 health?!? I definitely can't do that with my gear. As for my level, I've done almost all the available sidequests that I could do in previous worlds (Haven't even finished Wysteria or the normal Grizzlehiem quests yet, not including the sidequests I have for Dragonspyre still) When I'm done with the sidequests for Dragonspyre I may be at level 52-54 depending on the experience gained.

Second, I'll try getting to Hrundle Fjord like you said even though the mobs may even be more powerful then the Celestia mobs, but it doesn't hurt to try and I can always call people on my friend's list or on this forum if I need the extra hand.

Also your Good news doesn't apply to me sadly, I'm a solo Balance player so I don't have any questing buddies to help me out, I would look for a team but considering this is my first official run of the game, many players may not accept me due to my lack of knowledge (reason why I made this post). Plus since it is my first time I like taking in the story at my own pace so that may annoy some people who have done the story 15 times before.

As for your Great News you weren't lying, it really is Great news. I'll definitely pick up all the Crafted Gear and wands when I have the chance to do so.

Anyway, thanks for the information! It really does help, especially for a player like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast