•  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Myth 2.0 concept idea

So after some thought on how Myth can keep what it has and build upon a foundation that give the developers fun and artistic liberty i will like to present Myth 2.0.

Background:

Myth has become a bland school that isn't strong on anything. Minions aren't compatible with the meta the way they were back in ds.Myth needs a new foundation that sets it appart from everything else.

What is the core of Myth 2.0?
      Name:  Myth.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  46.0 KB

What separates Myth original from 2.0
      Myth will become the school of choas! Now you may be asking yourself why choas?Myth is about making what thought real. It doesn't have the same structure as all the other school. This section was taken out of the myth official page.

This is what Myth 2.0 focus:
      The power of the mind, and everything it can create, drives Myth Magic. It is illusion and dreams made real.
      Myths are the shadowy forms of thought made real.
      Myth 2.0 wizards use there magic to turn the tide. Myth wizards use minion as one of there primary sources to turn a battle around.

Role of Minions in Myth 2.0:
      Minions serve as secondary damage unit and can be buffed to quickly deal massive damage over time. Some minions have the ability to heal or protect there conjurer!

Beginner Myths struggle with the lack of order minions allows wizards to slowly build on bending the rules.

Spell roles:

Damage Spells:

Suprise:
      Orthrus and Mintaur designed to remove defenses and pack the real hit all in one turn making it very effect counter defensive and damage dealing all in one turn.
      Earthquake clears the field removing all hanging effects except damage, healing, and stuns shield
      Specialty Dots:
      Basilisk- Sun
      King Art- Removes shield and still uses small damage make way for the bigger hit.
      Amazing how specialized myth dots are compared to fire

Destroying what considered normal:
      1. Celestial Calendar- The power of time not only that this is the only spell that can steal a pip (Say what!)
      2. Medusa- 2 round stun! Seriously stuns aren't class exclusive but this thing stun for 2 round which is there breaking order!

Utility:
      1. Shift- sends a dot right back to caster!
      2. Dim Shift- trades all hanging effects -> everthing including dots, hots, and stun shield. Very power to cleanse the field can be used to trade them!Take that logic
      3. Shatter. No one is safe. There that can change the tide quicker then loosing all your defense at once then immediately taking a big hit you can't defend from.

Conclusion and Argument
      Myth already goes beyond the norm and violates what we think a spell can do. It often the pioneer in specialty effects and unpredictable factors.

The unpredictability myth differs from that of balance. Balance tries to use all the 7 schools to it benefit but leave it paralyzed in focusing a certain part of it magic. That why it can't just use only of seven but uses all in a triagle or triangles.

Myth on the other hand suggest that if we think spell can do it it very possible and can be done. Now from a game perspective some ideas just aren't compatible however any school says we can do this odd effect it Myth!

Last edited by Starbreaker; 5-16-16 at 1:34:06 AM.

Ryan. is offline Transcendent Wizard

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Myth 2.0 concept idea

I really just wish they would update the Myth school and Ice too actually. For Ice its because of the whole tanking thing and the fact that 2 of their best tanking spells are pretty much useless now. Thats not for this thread though.

For Myth, minions are pretty much pointless now except as a quick way to get pips, stuns work on very few bosses, and their unique spell features are easier to use than other schools. This sounds familiar........

bored471 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• bored471's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Flint Lifeshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Myth needs a better AOE. Earthquake is terrible…it should do at least 475 DMG. Yup, minions are useless…except maybe the 0 pip one…

You know what I find ridiculous? Death has an X pip minion and Myth doesn't(well, a 1-4 pip minion…)

kepagk is offline Novice Wizard

• kepagk's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Adrian Blueflame/Chase Rainbow
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Fox

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Earthquake is good but yes, more damage. The frog is ok as a 4 pip but need something better. Myth is the last wizard i will do after all the rest. That 2 hit thing has always made me not want to do it because takes two rounds to for a trap to work -- or have a two trap spell in one turn, that would help.

firemaniac221 is offline Master Wizard

• firemaniac221's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Earthshield (Fire, 130) | Fred Mythslinger (Myth, 130) | Kevin Stormsword (Storm, 130)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Luke (David) | Nikki (Fred) | Sir Max (Kevin)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Phoenix (David) | Flying Squirrel (Fred) | Hero Pig (Kevin)

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bored471 View Post
      Myth needs a better AOE. Earthquake is terrible…it should do at least 475 DMG. Yup, minions are useless…except maybe the 0 pip one…

You know what I find ridiculous? Death has an X pip minion and Myth doesn't(well, a 1-4 pip minion…)
      1. Have you tried Frog? Roughly the same damage for less pips makes it a powerful tool. Not sure if this counts because Darkmoor but Darkmoor gives Myth another AoE.

2. I used to think this too until I realized that Death's minion is very cost ineffective. You potentially lose 14 pips for a minion with 1400 health. I believe it can get power pips and use drains/steals, but if you notice Myth has a similar spell at level 75. The difference is that Vassanji is 6 pips, less than half of Death's max pip, he can get power pips reliably and has 2,000 health, a whopping 600 more for 8 less pips. For the lower level minions, the real value is that it isn't a true X pip spell. This means if your minion gets killed instantly, you are not a sitting duck, unlike Death who just lost all of their pips.

While less noteworthy I think it should be brought up that Myth has tools to aid their minions and raise their combat effectiveness, unlike all other schools apart from their trained blade and trap.

Towards the OP: What you suggested, in my opinion, is essentially the next step in logical minion evolution, apart from controlling the minion ourselves. In the Witch's Housecall spell, the summoned minion basically is designed for support, and the aforementioned Vassanji is a hard hitter when treated right. The only thing minions lack currently is the appropriate AI. I've gone off on this in a different post and don't feel like repeating it, but put simply: minions are dumber than the mobs in Unicorn Way. They already have the tools, they just can't use them. And I think they need some innate stat buffs such as universal resist and critical block. Either increase the AI or solidify the minion's strategies. Part of what makes Puppet Minion so great, besides his pip cost, is his predictability. If you trap with Puppet out, you're an idiot - plain and simple. The Egg minion on the other hand, for example, will use Guiding Light 4 turns in a row, followed by its natural attack. By this time I would have put up a feint and likely close to hitting. This angers me as its the true problem with minions, in my opinion.

Feel free to disagree, but in my opinion the only thing wrong with minions is their AI and innate stats.
      I'm a wizard.

bored471 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• bored471's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Flint Lifeshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@firemaniac221

Frog is good, but there's not much point in Earthquake. It's not really an upgrade, and it should be.

Yes, I know, it's impractical for Death to use their X pip minion at 14 pips(except for grinding?), but I was just trying to say that Myth should get a similar spell, and as much as I love Death, death isn't the minion school, and should have gotten a different X pip spell

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
      I really just wish they would update the Myth school and Ice too actually. For Ice its because of the whole tanking thing and the fact that 2 of their best tanking spells are pretty much useless now. Thats not for this thread though.For Myth, minions are pretty much pointless now except as a quick way to get pips, stuns work on very few bosses, and their unique spell features are easier to use than other schools. This sounds familiar........
      One thing i thiink myth should pick up is pierce equal to storm. After all myth does have a specialty with braking through defenses. Myth doesn't need more stuns. Myth isn't a stun school but it seems ki likes taking the easy way out when making myth spells. I think myth should go back to be revolutionary and out the box just like they ds.
      Myth needs a better AOE. Earthquake is terrible…it should do at least 475 DMG. Yup, minions are useless…except maybe the 0 pip one…You know what I find ridiculous? Death has an X pip minion and Myth doesn't(well, a 1-4 pip minion…)
      Quote Originally Posted by kepagk View Post
      Earthquake is good but yes, more damage. The frog is ok as a 4 pip but need something better. Myth is the last wizard i will do after all the rest. That 2 hit thing has always made me not want to do it because takes two rounds to for a trap to work -- or have a two trap spell in one turn, that would help.
      Myth does get medusa in celestia at 58 from that point on orthrus and minotaur becoms pvp spells.There not much point to a xpip minion not at level11o and shadow fused spell being able to kill most of myths minions with ease. Minions served there role minions were good in the beginer levels. But once ki decided boss will cheat and all that ruined minions for everyone. I really don't understand what good about frog other then it spamable. It no different then blizzard or meteor. Frog should never be the reason myth can't get more or fire and ice needs to hold on on there aoes last time i checked both have more then myth who just got Mythic with the last year or so.
      Quote Originally Posted by firemaniac221 View Post
      1. Have you tried Frog? Roughly the same damage for less pips makes it a powerful tool. Not sure if this counts because Darkmoor but Darkmoor gives Myth another AoE.2. I used to think this too until I realized that Death's minion is very cost ineffective. You potentially lose 14 pips for a minion with 1400 health. I believe it can get power pips and use drains/steals, but if you notice Myth has a similar spell at level 75. The difference is that Vassanji is 6 pips, less than half of Death's max pip, he can get power pips reliably and has 2,000 health, a whopping 600 more for 8 less pips. For the lower level minions, the real value is that it isn't a true X pip spell. This means if your minion gets killed instantly, you are not a sitting duck, unlike Death who just lost all of their pips.While less noteworthy I think it should be brought up that Myth has tools to aid their minions and raise their combat effectiveness, unlike all other schools apart from their trained blade and trap.Towards the OP: What you suggested, in my opinion, is essentially the next step in logical minion evolution, apart from controlling the minion ourselves. In the Witch's Housecall spell, the summoned minion basically is designed for support, and the aforementioned Vassanji is a hard hitter when treated right. The only thing minions lack currently is the appropriate AI. I've gone off on this in a different post and don't feel like repeating it, but put simply: minions are dumber than the mobs in Unicorn Way. They already have the tools, they just can't use them. And I think they need some innate stat buffs such as universal resist and critical block. Either increase the AI or solidify the minion's strategies. Part of what makes Puppet Minion so great, besides his pip cost, is his predictability. If you trap with Puppet out, you're an idiot - plain and simple. The Egg minion on the other hand, for example, will use Guiding Light 4 turns in a row, followed by its natural attack. By this time I would have put up a feint and likely close to hitting. This angers me as its the true problem with minions, in my opinion.Feel free to disagree, but in my opinion the only thing wrong with minions is their AI and innate stats.
      Frog in the same boat as fire and ices 4 pip aoe. It actually in the middle being stronger then ice but weaker then fire. According to Chester Wethersfield minions can't be controled. But i thinking maybe instead of controling them they can just have specialty roles. One for tanking, the other for healing, and the last for buffing. That should be about all they do. Otherwise they will impede the wizard vs helping them.
      @firemaniac221Frog is good, but there's not much point in Earthquake. It's not really an upgrade, and it should be.Yes, I know, it's impractical for Death to use their X pip minion at 14 pips(except for grinding?), but I was just trying to say that Myth should get a similar spell, and as much as I love Death, death isn't the minion school, and should have gotten a different X pip spell
      I seen death use there minion in lower level pvp. 1400 health on a minions that can heal and use kraken can be devistating compared the to damage the average wizard can do.
      Last edited by Starbreaker; 5-17-16 at 1:48:13 AM.

SanicTheHedfghog is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
      One for tanking, the other for healing, and the last for buffing. That should be about all they do. Otherwise they will impede the wizard vs helping them.I seen death use there minion in lower level pvp. 1400 health on a minions that can heal and use kraken can be devistating compared the to damage the average wizard can do.

For the 3 minions idea you had, i'd still like them to be able to hit once the enemy shields ( shield break spammers )or better yet one of them being able to use shatter, cause i like minions still being able to take off shields while the caster can be able to either set shield, blade, bubble, aura etc imo or would that not be ok? .
      Last edited by SanicTheHedfghog; 5-17-16 at 2:07:49 AM.

Made by the amazing Mad Hatter :D

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I am in love with the concept of updating the schools based on the Arcanum as supposedly the teachers there explore their associated school's in unique ways. In terms of myth what I would like to see would be an entirely new type of minion called transient minions.

Transient minions would be summoned onto the field like regular minions but would be unaffected by any spells the opponent casts, in effect acting like ghosts. Transient minions would remain on the field for 3 rounds and then disappear. Transient minions would be highly focused and player centric, performing only one type of task(example a blade transient would focus on putting different blades on the caster). Finally when a transient minion disappears they would return half of their pip cost to the caster. Myth wizards would have access to spells to buff a transient minion such as extending its time on field or sacrificing it to activate a powerful effect.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Ryan. is offline Transcendent Wizard

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by firemaniac221 View Post
      1. Have you tried Frog? Roughly the same damage for less pips makes it a powerful tool. Not sure if this counts because Darkmoor but Darkmoor gives Myth another AoE.
      @firemaniac221

Frog is good, but there's not much point in Earthquake. It's not really an upgrade, and it should be.

Yes, I know, it's impractical for Death to use their X pip minion at 14 pips(except for grinding?), but I was just trying to say that Myth should get a similar spell, and as much as I love Death, death isn't the minion school, and should have gotten a different X pip spell
      Looking at Ice. Blizzard is 250-290 Frost Giant is 475. Per pip thats 62.5-72.5 and 67.9 respectively. For myth frog is 265-325 and earthquake is 310. 66.25-81.25 and 51.66 per pip. They lose damage per pip. For storm its tempest at 80 per pip and 98.6 for storm lord. Fire is different because of dot damage but its probably the same anyways. Lastly lets look at balance. We have sandstorm 255-295, 63.75-73.75. Power Nova is 67. Ra is 560-640, 70-80. In each case shown the damage per pip is either more or at least somewhere in the middle when compared to the 4 pip aoe. For myth thats not true at all. With myth the damage per pip is less yet the spell costs 1 more power pip. The spell is essentially useless unless the effect is needed. Which pretty much means that myth has one actually useful aoe spell for 78 or so levels. It can take longer to kill bosses and might even require more than one hit due to a weaker aoe than pretty much every school except for perhaps balance due to only being able to use universal boosts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast