Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Story Sins - Zamunda/Outskirts

Every so often, I decide to go on a rant in the style of CinemaSins in Wizard101. For those of you who don't know, CinemaSins is a YouTube channel dedicated to finding plotholes and ridiculousness in movies everywhere.

I ranted about a door on social media, and thus: Zamunda Sins was born! I've gone on rants like this, exchangingly with @The Lone Ninja Escapist before. Now, I'm keeping track of these in a separate document, and writing them all down. I'll be updating the list.

Total sins: 18 (More to come)

The quest “Don’t Impress Me Much” requires you to defeat 20 different creatures, for only 7200 XP and 250 gold as a reward. On average for mob quests in Zafaria, this is kinda low given the amount of creatures you have to defeat. It’s even less than a boss quest, averaging around 10,000 XP. (1)

In the quest “Burning Tower,” wouldn’t it be more of an emergency to put out the Scout Tower fire? But to Tartarus with that, let’s defeat some Greyhorns first that wouldn’t take long at all to defeat 7 of them! (2)
      Because of timing, that scout tower should be burned down with all its occupants dead. And even it if did survive that much for this long, why don't we just channel a waterspout into the tower FROM THE RIVER? (3)

In the quest “Master of the River,” must we get 10 talismans? If we're a Diviner, a Thaumaturge, or a Sorcerer, we'd do fine without them. Plus, logically speaking- We'd only need one anyway. But hey! It’s not like they can just manufacture more in the Drum Jungle! Oh wait. (4)

So apparently, the Magician’s Hut door is "Locked" in the quest “Back on the Trail” on that calls for you to check said hut. But how does one lock a door like this? And when you come back, Tse-Tse isn't here anyway and it's "Unlocked." He escaped. Plus, this is a city of WARRIOR ZEBRAS. And that weave doesn't look hard for a spear or a knife to cut through! Why don't we just enter into the hut by force so we don't have to wait for Tse-Tse to escape? (5)
      I'm also going to add another sin to this because you just repaired the Greyhorn's hole in the wall, making Tse-Tse's escape physically impossible without being noticed. In his Savannah escape, he at least had the decency to send you somewhere while he ran. (6)
      Also, credit to PandaTheWizard for this one, if there were Iron Bars behind the door, it'd be easy enough for a Pyromancer at this level to melt them with heat, or for a Thaumaturge to chill it to absolute 0 and shatter it with something like a hammer. Mjolnir power! (7)

In the quest “Water beats Fire” you still have to battle water elementals and put them into a bucket to direct them at the fire in the scout tower. You should only have to defeat one, though. It doesn’t take five elementals to douse a small fire! (8)
      Also, 5 elementals wouldn't fit into this small a bucket anyway! (9)

This small fire is still concentrated on top of the scout tower. (10)
      EYES! It looks like we tortured the poor thing in the dialogue icon! #ElementalLivesMatter (11)
      “I could see the smoke from here, good job!” And where were you, standing here just staring the Mercs and Bandits away? (12)

So now we’re on the quest “Back on the Trail” where we go and rat out Tse-Tse. My entire rant on the door was before now, but now I have to question… Wouldn’t the paint as proof have been dry by now? (13)
      Also, misdirection because the quest requires you to pick up the paint cans when you had a trigger RIGHT BESIDE THEM. (14)
      Also, there are decals everywhere of white, so this could be any bucket of white paint. The black is the only bucket of proof. (15)

In the quest “Snake in the Grass,” Sizani wants to convince King Shaka Zebu that Tse-Tse was going to disguise some Greyhorns to hide among the Zamunda troops. The Greyhorns are Rhinos- Literally. You can tell them apart from Zebras, even IF they’re painted. It shouldn’t matter if they have a different coat on! They’re at least twice the size of a Zebra! (16)
      Also, if you’re not so blind as to see that it’s really a Greyhorn- They’re mercenaries, probably negotiable ones too. Just pay them more than what Morganthe’s paying them. (17)

“Wild Zorses,” -sighs- Why do you have warriors if you’re not going to have them do your dirty work? Must we do it? (18)
      And if the Impi Raiders been here this entire time, wouldn’t the city be destroyed already? Why is everyone and everything still operating and functioning normally? (19)
      Last edited by Legendary Rose; 1-18-16 at 11:27:37 PM. Reason: New sins!
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      Critical/Block misconceptions | Zafaria sins!

Mystic Mortal is offline Initiate Wizard

• Mystic Mortal's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Rachel Thorn
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Shadow
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wraith

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Story Sins - Zamunda/Outskirts

Neat idea. Because it's been a while since I've quested though Zafaria, though, my memory's a little hazy when it comes to remembering certain quests. A while back I even had an idea to do something like this for Pirates.

But there's one thing I'd like to point out: the fist sin you named you listed as number three - rather than the first letter itself. That itself is a sin. *ding*

After every sin that's listed, I imagine that sound being made at the end.

Profile Pic by Mad Hatter

Legendary Rose is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Mortal View Post
      Neat idea. Because it's been a while since I've quested though Zafaria, though, my memory's a little hazy when it comes to remembering certain quests. A while back I even had an idea to do something like this for Pirates.

But there's one thing I'd like to point out: the fist sin you named you listed as number three - rather than the first letter itself. That itself is a sin. *ding*

After every sin that's listed, I imagine that sound being made at the end.
      Thanks. ^-^;
      This is out of order with the original doc, so numerical errors aren't much of a surprise.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Added 11 new sins!

Allison DeathWielder is offline Archmage Wizard

• Allison DeathWielder's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  (I'm male irl) Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'd love to see these done for more areas in the game.

"Khrysalis is split into two parts, which made the wait for the level 100 cap even more agonizing." *ding*

1 account, 7 Wizards. Over 10 years of adventure

Sig and pfp made with help from Ashley SandFlower

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allison DeathWielder View Post
      I'd love to see these done for more areas in the game.

"Khrysalis is split into two parts, which made the wait for the level 100 cap even more agonizing." *ding*
      Hey, write 'em down. I'll reserve the soundbooth at the library this summer to dub them!

Allison DeathWielder is offline Archmage Wizard

• Allison DeathWielder's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  (I'm male irl) Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Rose View Post
      Hey, write 'em down. I'll reserve the soundbooth at the library this summer to dub them!
      That's actually the only one I had lol. I haven't been able to play Wizard101 in so long that I'm forgetting lots of details. I've also become much less active here.

Need that new computer so badly ;-;

1 account, 7 Wizards. Over 10 years of adventure

Sig and pfp made with help from Ashley SandFlower