Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Gathered Knowledge Guide

This is something that took me quite a while to learn: there will always be another crown sale. Make an effort to avoid buy large quantities of crowns until there is a sale. Anything less than 1000 c/$1 is too expensive.

Aaron Mistflame (130 Fire) - Blaine Titan (130 Storm) - Allan Gold (130 Balance)
      Dakota Ravenbrand (130 Myth) - Logan Thief (50 Death) - Blaine Willow (45 Storm)
      Blaine Spirit (41 Death)
      - Blaine (15 Life) - Blaine Pyre (10 Fire)

Hunter Spellcrafter is offline Master Wizard

• Hunter Spellcrafter's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Aaron Mistflame View Post
      This is something that took me quite a while to learn: there will always be another crown sale. Make an effort to avoid buy large quantities of crowns until there is a sale. Anything less than 1000 c/$1 is too expensive.
      Great advice! I'll add this along with your name as a contributor
      Hunter Spellcrafter
      130 B | 130 D | 130 I | 130 F | 130 L | 114 S | 130 M
      Member of Helpful Hatchers**Renaissance**Beastly Beasts

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Added Power Level tip.
      Hunter Spellcrafter

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Added 3rd Marleybone side quest workaround.
      Hunter Spellcrafter

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Added 4th Marleybone Quest workaround to the thread.
      Hunter Spellcrafter

Spellbinder is online now Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

In TFC codes, it's always an O, never a zero.

NoName2020 is offline Apprentice Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Good guide! Here a few things we do:
      • We dont do any side quests, especially in marleybone. It will keep you in that world forreverr lol. If you cant lvl up in instances/dungeons ahead of time, just repeat them when you get to them. You get xp from both times (second time is a little less but better then none). There is way more xp in the game then you need, especially in the first arc.
      • You also should train in ice to towers, and life to goat. I feel feint is not needed till kry, where boss life is really high. You will have a enough training points extra to train in it.
      • Dont use school spells that are not your school, exception is reshuffle. Even if you have the mastery amulets you dont have the other stats to make it worth it.
      • For all things holy, do not waste time blading up pass one regular, and equipment blade for trash mobs. Use aoes, and if your life or death, try to get the life bird pet for aoe life sandstorm and death eye pet for death aoe frog spell.
      • Set up your main questing equipment set, boss set, gardening set, and if applicable (life, ice and balance for sure) a healer/tank/support set. Saves time as you go through your wizard day, especially if you dual, triple, or quad box. I would recommend putting on your gardening set before you log out for the day.
      • Try and get your pets to max stats (if all maycast then dont matter (I think)).
      • Have one character slot as a pet lvling noob. Saves so much energy! Especially if you have no good pets on that account yet. Get it to lvl 2, so you can go to your dorm to pick up any energy gear, mega snacks and the pet you need to lvl to mega. Then have someone or another account allow you to port into the pet area. Mark it asap, so you can come back. Then go lvl to 3 and use your x to go back to the pet area and lvl up the pet till out of energy (again make sure you mark the area), then keep repeating till about lvl 5. Then take off everything and put back in your share. Then the delete the wiz and repeat. If you have another account that can take you through hametsu village instance, then you can keep going till you complete it. Just make sure to go lvl the pet after each lvl.
      • You do not need to plant all crown or no auction plants. Use the wiki to find out what is the best to plant. I do emps, couch, sword fern, jewel plants, and kp's. I do the needs once and then avoid the area for awhile till they are elder. I then dont harvest them till dbl gardening rewards. Definitely worth membership during that time. Also if have none of the better crown plants for megas, plant prickly bears and if you get any of the crown grape wraiths plant those. They both drop lvl 8 megas and prickly bears are sold at the bazaar. I would however, invest in at least buying two keylimes, to lvl up your wizards in gardening to be able to buy the large area spells you need for your stacked plants later. You do not need to buy the medium area spells. Also you dont need a 69 plot of stacks either. I find that is a little much to get when first starting out and I personally only do 60 plots of emps. etc. This the best you tube video I have found on how to stack . She dont go into how to place your center item or how to float the likes above. But you can just ask anyone on central or look at guides, should be the same for any set up. I have way more then I could plant in seeds with just a 60 plot (and my couch plot is smaller lol).
      • I also advise in purchasing crown gear for lvl 5, 15, 25, and 45. Go for the all around balance ones, with pips, tough, universal resist etc. Heartsteel ring is really good, and I believe it is still farm able. Check out the wiki though.
      • Also we do grizzle at lvl 50. (fly right through it) and only craft one wizard to the highest rank available (on each account) and the rest to adept to do the one training point quest in CL. Usually you can craft gear and trade it to your other wizards (unless this has change)

This just how we do things, thought might be helpful and not to take away from your awesome guide.
      Last edited by NoName2020; 1-26-20 at 1:38:19 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>NoName2020 View Post
      Good guide! Here a few things we do:
      • We dont do any side quests, especially in marleybone. It will keep you in that world forreverr lol. If you cant lvl up in instances/dungeons ahead of time, just repeat them when you get to them. You get xp from both times (second time is a little less but better then none). There is way more xp in the game then you need, especially in the first arc.
      • You also should train in ice to towers, and life to goat. I feel feint is not needed till kry, where boss life is really high. You will have a enough training points extra to train in it.
      • Dont use school spells that are not your school, exception is reshuffle. Even if you have the mastery amulets you dont have the other stats to make it worth it.
      • For all things holy, do not waste time blading up pass one regular, and equipment blade for trash mobs. Use aoes, and if your life or death, try to get the life bird pet for aoe life sandstorm and death eye pet for death aoe frog spell.
      • Set up your main questing equipment set, boss set, gardening set, and if applicable (life, ice and balance for sure) a healer/tank/support set. Saves time as you go through your wizard day, especially if you dual, triple, or quad box. I would recommend putting on your gardening set before you log out for the day.
      • Try and get your pets to max stats (if all maycast then dont matter (I think)).
      • Have one character slot as a pet lvling noob. Saves so much energy! Especially if you have no good pets on that account yet. Get it to lvl 2, so you can go to your dorm to pick up any energy gear, mega snacks and the pet you need to lvl to mega. Then have someone or another account allow you to port into the pet area. Mark it asap, so you can come back. Then go lvl to 3 and use your x to go back to the pet area and lvl up the pet till out of energy (again make sure you mark the area), then keep repeating till about lvl 5. Then take off everything and put back in your share. Then the delete the wiz and repeat. If you have another account that can take you through hametsu village instance, then you can keep going till you complete it. Just make sure to go lvl the pet after each lvl.
      • You do not need to plant all crown or no auction plants. Use the wiki to find out what is the best to plant. I do emps, couch, sword fern, jewel plants, and kp's. I do the needs once and then avoid the area for awhile till they are elder. I then dont harvest them till dbl gardening rewards. Definitely worth membership during that time. Also if have none of the better crown plants for megas, plant prickly bears and if you get any of the crown grape wraiths plant those. They both drop lvl 8 megas and prickly bears are sold at the bazaar. I would however, invest in at least buying two keylimes, to lvl up your wizards in gardening to be able to buy the large area spells you need for your stacked plants later. You do not need to buy the medium area spells. Also you dont need a 69 plot of stacks either. I find that is a little much to get when first starting out and I personally only do 60 plots of emps. etc. This the best you tube video I have found on how to stack . She dont go into how to place your center item or how to float the likes above. But you can just ask anyone on central or look at guides, should be the same for any set up. I have way more then I could plant in seeds with just a 60 plot (and my couch plot is smaller lol).
      • I also advise in purchasing crown gear for lvl 5, 15, 25, and 45. Go for the all around balance ones, with pips, tough, universal resist etc. Heartsteel ring is really good, and I believe it is still farm able. Check out the wiki though.
      • Also we do grizzle at lvl 50. (fly right through it) and only craft one wizard to the highest rank available (on each account) and the rest to adept to do the one training point quest in CL. Usually you can craft gear and trade it to your other wizards (unless this has change)

This just how we do things, thought might be helpful and not to take away from your awesome guide.
      Thank you for the tips! I added all of them to the 1st post. No, no - I don't view your post as taking away from the guide at all; I welcome tips from everyone and add it to the original post. I also added your name to those who are credited for providing tips. Thank you again!
      Hunter Spellcrafter

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Hunter Spellcrafter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Elwood
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tank

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Spellbinder View Post
      In TFC codes, it's always an O, never a zero.
      Added to General section and credited for the tip. Thank you!
      Last edited by Hunter Spellcrafter; 1-26-20 at 7:20:07 PM.
      Hunter Spellcrafter

SaxMan is offline Initiate Wizard

• SaxMan's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mariah DeathRider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  avenging fossil
      ----

Mood:
      Sleeping2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Once again, great stuff. I'm not sure about buying the crowns gear when the Mount Olympus gear (Zeus/Senator sets) is quite adequate until about L56 or so (crafted Wintertusk set).

Since you mention mounts a few times, I would like to toss in another tip: the BOXES event allows you to craft mounts as well. It might be easier than crafting an Aquila mount. The main ingredient is the sonic spring, which drops with some regularity in the BOXES dungeon. The other ingredients are fairly reasonable to collect. There are 2 mounts that you can craft - one requires Trumpet Vine (TV) seeds; the other requires Silver Trumpet Vine (STV) seeds. Personally, I prefer to keep STV seeds and get rid of TV seeds, so I prefer to craft the mount that requires TV seeds. Each mount also requires fish as an ingredient and I believe the mount with TV seeds has an easier fish ingredient as well. The main downside to these mounts is you have to wait for the BOXES event, which reappears every few months, to buy the recipe and farm for the sonic spring. Once you have the recipe and the sonic springs, then you can craft the mounts at your own leisure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123