----

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

How do PvP Tournaments work?

Hey guys, so I've never done an in-game tournament before (not talking about central tournaments), and I couldn't find any guides for them so I was wondering if you guys could help me out a little. I was thinking of joining 1v1 tournaments on my level 10 wiz but I don't really know how they work...

So what I've gathered so far is that a lot of people can sign up for a certain tournament and they will be sorted into a certain amount of groups based on how many people signed up. For example, I was watching a tournament today and it was divided up into 5 sections.

Here are some questions I have (sorry there are a bunch!):

What determines how these sections are divided up? Are they based on the levels of the participants?

If I join as a level 10 will it match me with other level 10's? In other words, does the tournament matching system work the same as the general ranked PvP system, where it will either match me with a lower-rank, higher-level or a same-rank, similar-level? Or maybe rank has nothing to do with matching for tournaments?

Is there sufficient time in between matches to reset your deck, or does it just teleport you to the next match right away?

How many matches are usually in a tournament?

If there is no winner in a match, how is the winner determined? Is it based on how much damage was done? Does final health or amount of healing play a role in this?

Again I'm sorry for all the questions-- no single person has to answer all of them, but if you know the answer to at least one of them I'd be very appreciative if you post! And if any of you who are experienced with tournaments have some advice for a noob at tournaments (me), please share. :D

Thanks guys!
      ♫ ♦ ♪ ♦ ♫

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: How do PvP Tournaments work?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
      Hey guys, so I've never done an in-game tournament before (not talking about central tournaments), and I couldn't find any guides for them so I was wondering if you guys could help me out a little. I was thinking of joining 1v1 tournaments on my level 10 wiz but I don't really know how they work...

So what I've gathered so far is that a lot of people can sign up for a certain tournament and they will be sorted into a certain amount of groups based on how many people signed up. For example, I was watching a tournament today and it was divided up into 5 sections.

Here are some questions I have (sorry there are a bunch!):

What determines how these sections are divided up? Are they based on the levels of the participants?
      Yes, players are divided by level and rank into "brackets", if you can not be placed in a bracket you will get credit, not a refund of crowns spent.

If I join as a level 10 will it match me with other level 10's? In other words, does the tournament matching system work the same as the general ranked PvP system, where it will either match me with a lower-rank, higher-level or a same-rank, similar-level? Or maybe rank has nothing to do with matching for tournaments?
      Rank and level are determining factors, see above

Is there sufficient time in between matches to reset your deck, or does it just teleport you to the next match right away?
      The second round does not start until everyone in the first round finishes, so yes you usually have enough time to fix your deck, there is also the prompt to teleport to the arena which gives you 2 minutes I believe.

How many matches are usually in a tournament?
      3 for 1 v 1, I don't do teams could be the same there, then again its late, someone correct me if i am wrong.

If there is no winner in a match, how is the winner determined? Is it based on how much damage was done? Does final health or amount of healing play a role in this?

Diego usually decides the match based on damage done, not health left, that said, who knows for sure?

Again I'm sorry for all the questions-- no single person has to answer all of them, but if you know the answer to at least one of them I'd be very appreciative if you post! And if any of you who are experienced with tournaments have some advice for a noob at tournaments (me), please share. :D

Thanks guys!
      See response in bold, not sure how many level 10s join tournaments, but as I said above, if there are not enough people at your level /rank to make up a tournament you will get credit toward another tournament.

Zexion is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Zexion's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze Rain
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Scout
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mountain Yeti
      ----

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      See response in bold, not sure how many level 10s join tournaments, but as I said above, if there are not enough people at your level /rank to make up a tournament you will get credit toward another tournament.
      Thanks for your responses!

So, the "brackets" are based on level AND rank? Or just level? If it is level and rank then there could be very different levels in one bracket, right?
      ♫ ♦ ♪ ♦ ♫

Kiley2Sweetz is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

What determines how these sections are divided up? Are they based on the levels of the participants? *Low lvl stick to low lvl, but if there isn't enough players there will be no match. Your next match will be free and no charge for it. To be honest I never saw low lvl 10s in tournament, mostly 50s-110 lvl.

If I join as a level 10 will it match me with other level 10's? In other words, does the tournament matching system work the same as the general ranked PvP system, where it will either match me with a lower-rank, higher-level or a same-rank, similar-level? Or maybe rank has nothing to do with matching for tournaments? *Hardly low pvp tournament players play. I doubt you'd get a match. If there is players your lvl, then yes it'll match you up accordingly. Rank has nothing to do with it. You can be private and get a random warlord, but same lvl as you are. Sometimes you can get 10 lvls higher than you, all depends who joins and how many players join a tournament.

Is there sufficient time in between matches to reset your deck, or does it just teleport you to the next match right away? *D
      epends how fast you finish your match, then you have time to fix your deck and refill tc. Sometimes other matches are still going on, then yes you have time, but if all players are finished, it'll send you to the match asap. Always have another deck ready, just in case no time, just change deck quickly.

How many matches are usually in a tournament? * Always 4 matches, but there is a chance a player may not show up and you go to the arena tournament you get a free win lol.

If there is no winner in a match, how is the winner determined? Is it based on how much damage was done? Does final health or amount of healing play a role in this? *Diego picks who ever he thinks did better. Which is lame.
      Some matches a jade wins and others don't. You hit a lot, but then Diego doesn't pick you. Diego needs help...

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thanks for your responses!

So, the "brackets" are based on level AND rank? Or just level? If it is level and rank then there could be very different levels in one bracket, right?
      Rank is NOT a factor when entering the tournaments. Unfortunate for newbies, but it gets more participation.

IIRC, you will NEVER battle someone more than 9 levels from yours.

Just a side note, when free tournaments are around, participation bolsters!
      There can be 60+ tournaments going on just for one format (for 1v1)! Even 3v3 and 4v4 manage to gather about 20 tournaments.
      (^Those are rough estimates...It's been a while since we've gotten free tournaments, lol)
      Last edited by Patrick FairyStalker; 1-5-16 at 3:10:55 AM.

Zexion is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Zexion's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze Rain
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Scout
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mountain Yeti
      ----

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick FairyStalker View Post
      Rank is NOT a factor when entering the tournaments. Unfortunate for newbies, but it gets more participation.

IIRC, you will NEVER battle someone more than 9 levels from yours.

Just a side note, when free tournaments are around, participation bolsters!
      There can be 60+ tournaments going on just for one format (for 1v1)! Even 3v3 and 4v4 manage to gather about 20 tournaments.
      (^Those are rough estimates...It's been a while since we've gotten free tournaments, lol)
      Thanks! So do you think it wouldn't be smart to do tournaments at level 10? It sounds like there will be a good chance that I'll be matched with players higher level than me (but not more than 9 levels higher) since apparently not many low levels do tournaments?
      ♫ ♦ ♪ ♦ ♫

Super Saiyan is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Super Saiyan's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin (But Call Me Online Person: Archangel Honor Angel Justin) call me: Lord Justin
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Phoebe (Offense Pet)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  *Ultra* Ice Armament (Blocker,Ice-Dealer,Spell-Proof,Critical Striker & Hitter,(PJ Ultra Ice-Sniper)

Mood:
      Volatile

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Post Re: How do PvP Tournaments work?

https://www.wizard101.com/pvp (website not updated)
      here pvp website and tournament

have be level 10 or above join the tournament

do a tournament

first match (and lost) won't be out have second chance to win lost vs lost (who win lost vs lost match) tournament will continue (will get same team or wizard)

play high group of tournament: Players can earn bonus Arena tickets by participating in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 tournaments.

have team names for pvp players show in 2v2/3v3/4v4 except for 1v1 show your wizard names instead and team or wizard name place on bracket so, the 4 around of match in tournament and pvp last longer under how high group of tournament! time run out diego the duelmaster pick who win and diego only choice make good come back move (so, would beware of healer) like spam vs with a hard school or team either pvp vs match

CLICK HERE SHOW RULES OR AWARDS
      Attachment 538873 ONLY get bonus ticket 2v2/3v3/4v4 tournament and but still get a uncommon & common awards

for ice need death on your side because most all pvp tournament 2nd place closers I can get, all by death (long long time ago)
      --------------
      trophy coming 1st/2nd or 3rd for either match of 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4

rules:

Quick Match:
      +10% Multiplied by round (Max 200%) +20% armor pierce

tournament school perk:
      (whatever school tournament perk) higher damager spell whatever school tournament perk it is (example: fire/ice tournament perk) ice & fire 20% more damage and not ice/fire won't get 20% damage on a different school and join school perk only get 20% damage school tournament perk say your school

(normal tournament) join restricted pvp:
      say: (restricted item will be unequipped and packed in your backpack during the match) example of: Mastery Amulet , pet spell or treasure cards (can not be use in pvp) not sure about crown gear answer of that be: (unknown)
      Last edited by Super Saiyan; 1-5-16 at 2:51:11 PM.
      THE ICE OF SHADOW, YOU MESS WITH ICE, YOU'LL BE MY PREDATOR!

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have found rank is a factor when there is more than one bracket created for your level, this is especially true during free tournament promotions when lots of people will sign up.

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thanks! So do you think it wouldn't be smart to do tournaments at level 10? It sounds like there will be a good chance that I'll be matched with players higher level than me (but not more than 9 levels higher) since apparently not many low levels do tournaments?
      That seems like a logical deduction.
      I personally haven't played in low level tournaments, but it seems like you have a strong grasp of the concept.
      Good luck!

Angela Wiz is offline Master Wizard

• Angela Wiz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Taylor StormBlade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Jackson
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat

Mood:
      Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

You CAN get people that are 10+ levels away from you. When there were free tourneys, I did a 3v3 with a lvl 31 (private), 16 (warlord) and 16 (warlord) and we were getting lvl 12-20 commanders/warlords. But, maybe for the free tourneys, things were different because of the large amount of people that do tournaments who wouldn't usually.
      Soccerfreak321 --> Angela Wiz
      Avi by Expelliarmus