• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
        StorySmith is offline Prodigious

• StorySmith's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  StorySmith (Balance) Dreamstalker (Death)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Hungry

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Perfect Meta Adjusted Stats for PvP and PvE- An Illustration

It seems very similar to first post except addition of only one Blocking Opal.

I have not been using Baba Yaga athame but the Yvegney one. Don't seem to have trouble blocking in Polaris (However in Azteca, the mobs can get crits on)

Alpha and Omega sometimes, but more often I like the Aphrodite one for the Critical.

I also still use the Morganthe amulet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      PvE
      Attachment 555555

Attachment 555556

PvP
      Attachment 555557

Attachment 555558

Note that I have not put nearly as much effort into my death as my storm so I am still not "perfect", however it has been sufficient to meet my PvP needs.

Attachment 555559
      Last edited by StorySmith; 6-17-16 at 1:45:22 AM.

Asian Power is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sarai Sunweaver View Post
      I hate to break it to yah but its still possible for life to have a near perfect build. I
      wont bother posting pics as its a pointless pursuit except for just showing off, we can meet up in game if you want to compare builds. But I have major attack and defense stats, near ice health, perfect accuracy plus, while at the same time having 100% critical.

Also your commentary presumes that life should be defined solely by its ability to heal something and I find that concept incredibly narrow in perspective. Yes perhaps way back when it was designed on this idea no doubt. But the prevaling game mechanics and available build variations have changed so much since then, that if you do not bring a fair amount of everything to the table your simply not living up to your potential. Not only as a particular school but as a wizard in general.

Wow. This was so long ago. I really should go on central more often. Onto the point.

I believe I stayed on the topic of PVP-perfect stats? If not, I would like to make it clear that I am only talking in terms of PVP. In PvE, you can be anything and everything. Of course, the latter works for PVP as well but it won't get you far.

First your stats. I would like to meet you for sure(pm me). With 100% critical, I highly doubt you have a high block. Why did I mention block? Well, it relates to PvP; without blocks, you would become the victim to many criticals that would cause you the match.

You can be as offensive as a storm, but when you face another offensive class like balance. How do you win? What turns the table for you? Heal is what really turn the table for us. Why is our heals so special? Well, it's a single heal. Unlike Balance's HoT's. In the end, you must rely on heals to turn the table in a match.

If a life goes against an ice, all we have is heals to turn the table. Isn't that why Ice is wanting a heal?

Isn't the only thing that is keeping life so high in the PVP tier is heals? You probably would argue for damage and pierce. However, any school can get high pierce and damage. So it's not really all that special. I am talking about the thing that life has the advantage over other schools.

Heck even look at now. High pierce and damage is hardly the to-go strategy for life anymore. Many have made the switch over to Rasputin gear for high heal boost. Why? Because life can no longer get a save from a critical Satyr. Now most just turn to high heal-boost to make up for that critical loss.

You said it's a narrow perspective, but I don't think you saw what I meant; you might just have misunderstood what I was trying to say.

In the end. Heal is what define life apart from others. Heal is what make life so special.

Pls don't misunderstand that for "heal is what life is good at or heal is what life should only do" or something similar.

Sarai Sunweaver is offline Initiate Wizard

• Sarai Sunweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sarai Sunweaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Asian Power View Post

Wow. This was so long ago. I really should go on central more often. Onto the point.

I believe I stayed on the topic of PVP-perfect stats? If not, I would like to make it clear that I am only talking in terms of PVP. In PvE, you can be anything and everything. Of course, the latter works for PVP as well but it won't get you far.

First your stats. I would like to meet you for sure(pm me). With 100% critical, I highly doubt you have a high block. Why did I mention block? Well, it relates to PvP; without blocks, you would become the victim to many criticals that would cause you the match.

You can be as offensive as a storm, but when you face another offensive class like balance. How do you win? What turns the table for you? Heal is what really turn the table for us. Why is our heals so special? Well, it's a single heal. Unlike Balance's HoT's. In the end, you must rely on heals to turn the table in a match.

If a life goes against an ice, all we have is heals to turn the table. Isn't that why Ice is wanting a heal?

Isn't the only thing that is keeping life so high in the PVP tier is heals? You probably would argue for damage and pierce. However, any school can get high pierce and damage. So it's not really all that special. I am talking about the thing that life has the advantage over other schools.

Heck even look at now. High pierce and damage is hardly the to-go strategy for life anymore. Many have made the switch over to Rasputin gear for high heal boost. Why? Because life can no longer get a save from a critical Satyr. Now most just turn to high heal-boost to make up for that critical loss.

You said it's a narrow perspective, but I don't think you saw what I meant; you might just have misunderstood what I was trying to say.

In the end. Heal is what define life apart from others. Heal is what make life so special.

Pls don't misunderstand that for "heal is what life is good at or heal is what life should only do" or something similar.
      Heres what I get from that. That you simply believe that life inherant limitations, and while you admit that we can press beyond those boundarys to an extent, we still must understand we are limited and must inevitably rely on heals to get us by.

Thats your opinion, I respect that, but I also completely disagree.

Now if I may share my perspective on the situation. I am a life wizard, and only a life wizard. I do not now nor will I ever play another school. As such when I need to be a hammer, a tank, a support wizard, a healer, or whatever I need to be, I do not go running to the barn to put on a different skin. I simply do what ever it takes, buy what I have to buy, farm what I have to farm, craft what I have to craft, and learn what I have to learn to be that as a life. As such it gives me a pretty unique perspective on what life is capable of and how to press the boundaries to be capable of anything, I had to because I simply left myself no choice but to, and thats exactley why I can.
      Last edited by Sarai Sunweaver; 6-26-16 at 12:57:36 AM.

Asian Power is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Heres what I get from that. That you simply believe that life
      inherant limitations, and while you admit that we can press beyond those boundarys to an extent, we still must understand we are limited and must inevitably rely on heals to get us by.

Thats your opinion, I respect that, but I also completely disagree.

Now if I may share my perspective on the situation. I am a life
      wizard, and only a life wizard. I do not now nor will I ever play another school. As such when I need to be a hammer, a tank, a support wizard, a healer, or whatever I need to be, I do not go running to the barn to put on a different skin. I simply do what ever it takes, buy what I have to buy, farm what I have to farm, craft what I have to craft, and learn what I have to learn to be that as a life. As such it gives me a pretty unique perspective on what life is capable of and how to press the boundaries to be capable of anything, I had to because I simply left myself no choice but to, and thatsexactley
      why I can.

I don't think I ever said Life can't extend through boundaries. I think you assumed that from my previous posts through a misunderstanding.

You're, however, not alone as a life-only player. I, myself, am one as well.
      Life can do anything or be anything like you said. That is slightly different when it comes to PvP.

Sarai Sunweaver is offline Initiate Wizard

• Sarai Sunweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sarai Sunweaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Asian Power View Post

I don't think I ever said Life can't extend through boundaries. I think you assumed that from my previous posts through a misunderstanding.

You're, however, not alone as a life-only player. I, myself, am one as well.
      Life can do anything or be anything like you said. That is slightly different when it comes to PvP.
      Well good then, as a fellow "Lifer" I salute you, and I am very glad that you to feel anythings possible. I did not mean to assert that you were any adversary of life's cause or advancement, forgive me if I made it seem so. It is simply that I will not subscribe to or hold in validity any predetermined and contrived limitations based on something as utterly fleeting as a persons school, when far more relevent factors dictate success than the slight variance that exists between the capabilities of the best of each.
      Last edited by Sarai Sunweaver; 6-27-16 at 1:41:45 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234