Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: You don't have to pay to play!

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>radicalizedmonkey View Post
      If you honestly believe that these are acceptable ways to source over 150,000 crowns, by all means go ahead. Don't worry, it will only take 4.21 years of relentless, useless trivia to complete.
      The videos aren't supported on Macs, so all of the users with macs (including me unfortunately) cannot rely on this method.
      The invite a friend method could be substantial for crowns if the user has a TON of friends who are just starting wizard101 and aren't planning to stay free-to-play. But of course, in order to reach the 153,780 crowns, the player would need exactly 123 of those friends.
      While the contests and events are by far the best way to obtain crowns, they are the least reliable of all the methods you have listed. Unlike the other methods (except for the trivia if you are one of those people who haven't figured out yet that you can look up the answers), this method does no yield a guaranteed reward, especially raffles and official KI contests. Plus, not all of these contests yield that much crowns. Take the 12 Days of the Spiral for instance. On the last day, wizards are granted a varying amount of crowns (up to 60,000 crowns I believe). However, nobody really got that 60k crowns, as most got way less (although an extremely lucky one or two people probably did get the 60k crowns).
      The daily assignments aren't very substantial at all, as the person doing it will only get 10-25 crowns a week ( 540 - 1350 crowns per year) if they do it every day.
      Look, these methods of getting crowns were never intended to be something that could carry a wizard throughout the entire game. If it could, then KI wouldn't have it, because it would mean that the vast majority of players would be free-to-plays (meaning that KI is not making a lot of money). However, they are great ways to source up enough crowns to buy a few hoard packs, or even to buy pvp for a day if you are a free-to-play.
      Thanks for the feedback. You are correct that using the crowns trivia alone is an extremely slow method of earning crowns. However, when all of these methods (or simply two or three) are used together, the crowns add up at a decent rate. I once earned 43,800 crowns over a period of 5 1/2 months, which I used to buy all of the zones in Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Zafaria (with some change). I earned that many crowns from watching videos, doing trivia, and winning two or three W101/P101 Central contests (never got first place, but 2,500-5,000 crowns isn't bad). Now I know this isn't record-breaking speed, but it is certainly faster than relying on the trivia questions alone.

Granted, earning this many crowns was a lot easier a few years ago. The number of crowns videos nowadays are particularly disappointing, especially considering they used to be a major source of free crowns for hundreds of players. And as @steMoGsteL has mentioned, the number of contests and giveaways has lessened as well, so earning crowns has been tough and slow-going for the past few years.

The point of this thread is to inform other players about the many ways to earn crowns. Yes, these methods are not fast, but they are free. That's what counts. Also, thank you for the extra information about the crowns videos; I didn't know the videos were unsupported by Macs. What a bummer! I'll add that to the guide.
      Quote Originally Posted by steMoGsteL View Post
      The guide can be updated to include #AskKI awarding 5,000 crowns if our question or tip is mentioned during the live show. I earned some crowns this way.

Thanks, I'll add that to the guide.

Kokyota is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian DawnThistle &amp; Neela Deathstar
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Creatures

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@LuckyDuck, thank you for making this guide!

We are Family. I got all my sisters with me.

radicalizedmonkey is offline Journeyman Wizard

• radicalizedmonkey's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  John ShadowWhisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Brutus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>LuckyDuck View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. You are correct that using the crowns trivia alone is an extremely slow method of earning crowns. However, when all of these methods (or simply two or three) are used together, the crowns add up at a decent rate. I once earned 43,800 crowns over a period of 5 1/2 months, which I used to buy all of the zones in Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Zafaria (with some change). I earned that many crowns from watching videos, doing trivia, and winning two or three W101/P101 Central contests (never got first place, but 2,500-5,000 crowns isn't bad). Now I know this isn't record-breaking speed, but it is certainly faster than relying on the trivia questions alone.

Granted, earning this many crowns was a lot easier a few years ago. The number of crowns videos nowadays are particularly disappointing, especially considering they used to be a major source of free crowns for hundreds of players. And as @steMoGsteL has mentioned, the number of contests and giveaways has lessened as well, so earning crowns has been tough and slow-going for the past few years.

The point of this thread is to inform other players about the many ways to earn crowns. Yes, these methods are not fast, but they are free. That's what counts. Also, thank you for the extra information about the crowns videos; I didn't know the videos were unsupported by Macs. What a bummer! I'll add that to the guide.
      Thanks, I'll add that to the guide.
      I never really thought about doing all of these methods at once. That could definitely be worth a try.

Maybe if KI put their Wizard101 commercials back on tv then more people would join the game, thus increasing the number of contests and crown videos because there are more consumers due to the population being revived.

As for the crown video feature being unsupported by macs, here is my proof btw in case anyone wants to see for themselves:
      Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 5.57.45 PM.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  95.5 KB

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i like the guide cos kids what dont have member or crowns can get some to do more. they dont think if its not 150k its not worth nothing cos they see what they can get as more than f2p so better than they got still without real money.

MattDragonBlade is offline Initiate Wizard

• MattDragonBlade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew DragonBlade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Toby
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sun Serpent

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm sad the free crowns button in game no longer works (actually they removed it recently), but I've still been able to earn thousands free crowns through Trivia which is nice. Yes, it takes many days to get those kinds of numbers, but doing the 10 quizzes a day doesn't take much more than 15 minutes a day.
      10 Crowns Per Quiz x 10 Quizzes a Day = 100 Crowns a Day.
      or 36,500 a year (if you do everyday, which I haven't been so good about XD)
      I mainly use the free crowns to buy areas in Pirate101 or certain areas in Wizard101 as well as henchmen for when I'm in a sticky situation in battle.

~~Also Known as TobyTheWizard on FanfictionNet~~
      Siggy by Spellbinder!

steMoGsteL is offline Adept Wizard

• steMoGsteL's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  WillowHeart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  9% fish luck corgi / ultimate energy corgi
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

In addition to the Kingsisle live codes, players also have a chance to win crowns by sending questions or tips to KI Live. This can be done by replying to the current month's KI Live announcement post through Twitter or here in Central.

You forgot to mention the main site, wizard101.com - that is where I posted some of my questions/tips.

Also, update the info on Daily Assignment (DA) to include Member Bonus rewards doubling the Crowns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12