• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
        Allison DeathWielder is offline Archmage Wizard

• Allison DeathWielder's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  (I'm male irl) Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Is it time for a 7th character slot?

Through many Twitter conversations with Senior Programmer at Kingsisle, Gary Scott Smith, several players (myself included) have had our desires for a seventh character slot within the game acknowledged. It's not a certainty, but I am so happy to be able to say there is a chance we will be seeing another space open up in the classroom. It won't be free, but it will be more than worth the investment, rest assured. Below is the update history and conversations detailing this long process.

DISCLAIMER: Gary Smith is not the face of Kingsisle. He has expressed in the past, a desire to see many different things implemented into the game that were halted/slowed due to time, effort, or priority. Even if Gary wants something to be in game, even likes the idea, that does not mean that something will ever actually be added to the game. That isn't his decision to make. At this stage, we know only that the seventh character slot is being actively discussed by Kingsisle with the condition that it will require Crowns to unlock. Consider the information we receive on this matter carefully. When a decision is reached, we will likely know soon after either through teasing or a cut and dry reveal.

UPDATE [2-25-16]: I have written a letter to Kingsisle's CEO in the hopes of getting a more direct answer (whether or not it will illicit results, I don't know, but I'm trying this because it has worked for a previous user, Legendary Rose). If you are reading this update from page 1, you can find the letter on this post in the thread: wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?443502-Is-it-time-we-get-a-7th-character-slot&p=5267939#post5267939

UPDATE [1-25-16]: In Gary's absence, community manager FriendlyNecro has responded to a question on this topic. It doesn't give us anything at all to go on, but I'm just glad that we got an answer on this at all. Like Gary, FriendlyNecro is also a very kind member of Kingsisle, and he does what he can to help us out. For those who do not know, he is @Dworgyn on Wizard101 Central. I'm 6 days late on making this update because I didn't see that he responded to the question, but better late than never.

UPDATE [12-18-15]: In October, posts by Gary Smith stopped abruptly, and since then he has yet to return to Twitter. This means that further information on this topic has been unavailable, and could be indefinitely. The only official word we have been given comes from the Wizard101 Official Twitter page, which during the testing period of Polaris stated that Gary was simply busy with bug fixing. I do not feel that this explanation was or is currently truthful, due to the length of the hiatus.

UPDATE [10-12-15]: The newest image once again has Gary reiterating that the feature has been discussed, but it hasn't been approved (and he has implied it has not been denied either). Now, while he has no say himself on when things like this may appear in game, because it isn't his choice, he does say himself that he hopes to have it next year, so that might give us an idea of where we are sitting in terms of time, although you should take the statement with a grain of salt because it isn't confirmation of any kind.

UPDATE [9-4-15]: Gary has responded to another inquiry about the 7th character slot (see the newest image). Kingsisle has been debating on whether or not to introduce the option for an undetermined amount of Crowns.

UPDATE [6-27-15]: A user other than myself has brought up this idea to Gary yet again. The screenshot has been added (with their names censored). The conversation is actually two users talking to Gary. I realize it's not clear in the screenshot.

UPDATE [6-14-15]: I've uploaded a Twitter thread of my conversation with Gary on this matter. He says that he is investigating, so I hope that it's true! Read his last tweet in the thread.

P.S. Yes, Blue Sparx is my Twitter, but if you do decide to go there, understand that while I am careful with my words on Central, my language and somewhat my behavior as a whole is inappropriate outside of Central, due to Twitter not being restricted to kid-friendly discussion in the same way that Central is. I am not the same person there as I am here. Just a disclaimer.
      Last edited by Allison DeathWielder; 2-26-16 at 12:58:25 AM. Reason: Update [1-25-16]

1 account, 7 Wizards. Over 10 years of adventure

Sig and pfp made with help from Ashley SandFlower

Nicole RainbowFist is offline Magus Wizard

• Nicole RainbowFist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nicole RainbowFist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Winston
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Is it time we get a 7th character slot?

Maybe if we annoy them enough asking for it we will eventually get it

I really think there needs to be an option somehow to get all seven schools without having to have two accounts. They will still have people with multiple accounts so that they can play two characters at once. That's enough incentive to get people to pay for more than one account. I think they should reward us for being such loyal customers by letting us have a chance at all schools. I, for one, won't consider paying for another account. I will just keep ignoring myth until they decide to give us another chair in our classroom.

Nicole WindRider Nicole SkySinger Nicole RainbowFist Nicole ThunderBlade Grace RavenBane
      Sig and avi by Brian TitanBlade

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  (I'm male irl) Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole RainbowFist View Post
      Maybe if we annoy them enough asking for it we will eventually get it

I really think there needs to be an option somehow to get all seven schools without having to have two accounts. They will still have people with multiple accounts so that they can play two characters at once. That's enough incentive to get people to pay for more than one account. I think they should reward us for being such loyal customers by letting us have a chance at all schools. I, for one, won't consider paying for another account. I will just keep ignoring myth until they decide to give us another chair in our classroom.
      I like the idea of a player loyalty type thing (such as they did with the Frontier Dragon), but I also think this is something everyone deserves.

I once had a Balance, but after reading more about it, I wanna give it another go. I will, however, continue to neglect that desire until I can have another chair

They have to see that there is high demand for it, eventually. I wonder if the programmer who is active on Twitter for the game (Gary Smith) knows about this desire lol.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I like all schools but one and I now have 3 accounts. To have a seventh slot it does not matter either way for me personally, but for those who like all schools, it should be an option.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      I like all schools but one and I now have 3 accounts. To have a seventh slot it does not matter either way for me personally, but for those who like all schools, it should be an option.
      Yeah, and I know some people can afford more than one account, but for a lot of us, the idea of having three accounts sends us into the thought of being beggers on the street.

I can barely afford one, but if I could pay just a fraction of that to get a seventh slot, I would gladly do it. Of course, I would prefer it free.

frenzystar is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Zombies

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Maybe its like a business strategy, they know people would want a wizard from all 7 schools so if they put 6 slots per account then they know that certain person would buy more membership/crowns for the second account

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by frenzystar View Post
      Maybe its like a business strategy, they know people would want a wizard from all 7 schools so if they put 6 slots per account then they know that certain person would buy more membership/crowns for the second account
      That's most likely what it is (and something that has crossed my mind numerous times over the years). It would have been a very viable and smart move when the game first released, but now that they have two games (one of which does let you try out every character class on one account) and many, many more players, I honestly can't see them losing much money over giving us another character slot.

Those who have put money into a second or third account will likely continue to do so, and many do it just so that they can "solo" with two to three wizards.

Whatever their reason for having only six slots at the game's launch, (for business viability or truly because of an oversight they have not sought to address) none of them hold enough water anymore.

I just want every school on one account, and I don't think it's too much to ask for.
      Last edited by Allison DeathWielder; 6-27-15 at 7:53:44 PM.

Toa of Gallifrey is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Toa of Gallifrey's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel StarCatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armaments

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

That still annoys me, especially since they let you have all 5 classes on P101 (plus a repeat) instead of locking it at 4 slots.
      A-1 Pictures is a bad studio that produces bad shows, but every now and then they make something good.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I made a tweet to Gary Smith about this on Twitter. He's the senior programmer at KI, so if we were to ever get such a feature, it's most likely he who would implement it.

If he respond to me, I will post my tweet and the response here, as well as in a new thread to highlight the answer. He answers nearly every tweet he receives, so I'm not worried about being left dry.

- - - Updated - - -

Gary has given me a swift reply. I've attached the Tweet to this post. Doesn't say much unfortunately.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Allison DeathWielder; 6-14-15 at 10:56:00 AM.

Kiley Soulhunter is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yes, I wish we could have 7 slots to try all schools. I think it helps make you a well rounded player when you know how all the schools work and I agree not all can afford 2 accounts. It was agonizing trying to decide what school to play on that last slot. I did make another account but still haven't created that myth wizard I am lacking but hopefully I will get started on a new myth wizard soon. Thanks for sharing the tweet.

The mind is everything. What you think you become.-Buddha

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast