• Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
        Shadow Slayer is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Angry

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Why KI gives really low drop rates..

Well for Malistaire, he'll give you 2 chances at giving tier 1 gear and the rest is random, he doesn't have much special drops than the tier 1 gear so I dun care about the extra loot he gives including other school gear. If he dropped 1 tier 1 gear and 1 tier 3 gear with an extra other scool tier 1 gear if possible, would make me really happy. In pirate101, moo manchu tower drops all class gear and you have 2 group plunder chests at getting class specific gear so I got almost every class gear there and it's great. I wouldn't mind getting one tier 1 storm boots and one tier 1 death hat as an extra in one run, they just need to increase drop rate for the 2 chances at school gear and extra loot chance for other school gear.

~I hate people~

winterborn is offline Adept Wizard

• winterborn's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie UnicornThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
      ----

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I find I can deal with farming better when I take lengthy breaks off of it. Farm for a few days until my patience is close to dying and stop, for months if I wish to. Do something else during that time, garden, train a pet, farm for gold, craft, start a baby wizard and then, go back give farming a try.

Or give up, move on. I find farming can even be educational for younger players or even adults in the game: You don't always get what you want no matter how hard you try and that doesn't means its your fault, its simply how life is. Its the same in the dungeons, you can try all you want and sometimes whether you get something or not doesn't depends on you or your performance, it depends on the unpredictability of things.

Complaining about farming will honestly not change a thing, KI needs to keep farming being a challenge if it stops being challenging and everyone gets their target drops eventually the game will be extremely boring. The way it is now, they're loosing much less players by making farming hard than they would if farming was super easy and everyone had everything they wanted in the game. That's just how it is, folks.

ghola is offline Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn View Post
      I find I can deal with farming better when I take lengthy breaks off of it. Farm for a few days until my patience is close to dying and stop, for months if I wish to. Do something else during that time, garden, train a pet, farm for gold, craft, start a baby wizard and then, go back give farming a try.

Or give up, move on. I find farming can even be educational for younger players or even adults in the game: You don't always get what you want no matter how hard you try and that doesn't means its your fault, its simply how life is. Its the same in the dungeons, you can try all you want and sometimes whether you get something or not doesn't depends on you or your performance, it depends on the unpredictability of things.

Complaining about farming will honestly not change a thing, KI needs to keep farming being a challenge if it stops being challenging and everyone gets their target drops eventually the game will be extremely boring. The way it is now, they're loosing much less players by making farming hard than they would if farming was super easy and everyone had everything they wanted in the game. That's just how it is, folks.

Thing is there is a big difference between a challenge and grinding. You go in to a dungeon first few times or battle some foes first few time that can be a challenge. You continually repeat over and over that becomes a grind. Even trying for simple things can become a major grind. The jewels which sounded like they would be dropping a lot during test for me the last couple days in just the 4 drop lists I screen captured had 32 battles. I missed doing a screen capture since I ported home and logged out to come back. Add another 11 bringing it up to 43 battles. End result I got 1 orichalum, 1 mithril, 2 ice jewels, and 1 shadow jewel. No ice wizard so those are wasted and the shadow jewel eh. Only if I have a already open slot would I be using that. So when it comes down to jewels no luck. The metals at the rate I'm getting them all I have to do is another 344 battles to try crafting a jewel that has a very high chance of being a fail. Again that's not trying to challenge that's grinding. All games have time sink to keep players busy, but they seemed to have gone overboard on the idea. As to KI not listening, hopefully they will. People have the right to expect a reasonable reward to work ratio. And if no one ever says anything the chances of change drops to zero.

Rebecca AzuraKin is offline Fizzled
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MorganeAshton View Post
      Actually it's kind of the other way around. They have items in the crown shop to earn revenue for their employee's so that they can hire people to do certain jobs so that players have a game to play. They were kind enough to make it fair for players that did not have money to still earn the rewards, by putting the items in the game and farm-able. (They didn't even have to do that.) So be grateful that farming is even an option.
      kingsisle makes plenty of money off subs. wizard sub costs 10$ a month. larger games charge only 50% more then that and dont have crown shops. game like wizard needs a much smaller dev team so doesnt cost as much to run, client takes less load on server meaning more pop per server then games like wow/eso/tor ect. can guarantee that wizard is in black just from subs alone. only way i can see justified reason for a crown shop to keep the game in black would be if they had a dev team that was pushing out new (and i mean actually new content) every month which is extremely doable.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 5-12-15 at 6:20:39 PM. Reason: removed personal/argumentative remarks

winterborn is offline Adept Wizard

• winterborn's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie UnicornThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
      ----

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghola View Post
      Thing is there is a big difference between a challenge and grinding. You go in to a dungeon first few times or battle some foes first few time that can be a challenge. You continually repeat over and over that becomes a grind. Even trying for simple things can become a major grind. The jewels which sounded like they would be dropping a lot during test for me the last couple days in just the 4 drop lists I screen captured had 32 battles. I missed doing a screen capture since I ported home and logged out to come back. Add another 11 bringing it up to 43 battles. End result I got 1 orichalum, 1 mithril, 2 ice jewels, and 1 shadow jewel. No ice wizard so those are wasted and the shadow jewel eh. Only if I have a already open slot would I be using that. So when it comes down to jewels no luck. The metals at the rate I'm getting them all I have to do is another 344 battles to try crafting a jewel that has a very high chance of being a fail. Again that's not trying to challenge that's grinding. All games have time sink to keep players busy, but they seemed to have gone overboard on the idea. As to KI not listening, hopefully they will. People have the right to expect a reasonable reward to work ratio. And if no one ever says anything the chances of change drops to zero.
      The way it is right now there is a big chunk of the players that think the current state of farming is grinding and there's a big chunk that just see it as normal because it's challenging and hard due to the rarity of the objects you're trying to obtain. Everyone's got their idea of how it is, probably due to their own in-game experience and what they're willing to deal with while playing a game.

I won't try to the defend jewels at all. They look and sound like a nifty new addition to the game and are in its entirety a disappointment. I've been questing a lot on my Ice and have gotten a lot of jewels dropped but not darn single wrench so no use for these jewels. They're not even worth a bit from what I've seen so far so I really can't defend that. I've gotten loads of the pyrite and the iron for crafting through drops but I will also have no use for them. I agree with many people that think this was a pointless update and it was cheap on their part to do that to the players. We've been expecting a big update for a while and they give us cheap, worth for nothing jewels.

ghola is offline Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn View Post
      The way it is right now there is a big chunk of the players that think the current state of farming is grinding and there's a big chunk that just see it as normal because it's challenging and hard due to the rarity of the objects you're trying to obtain. Everyone's got their idea of how it is, probably due to their own in-game experience and what they're willing to deal with while playing a game.

I won't try to the defend jewels at all. They look and sound like a nifty new addition to the game and are in its entirety a disappointment. I've been questing a lot on my Ice and have gotten a lot of jewels dropped but not darn single wrench so no use for these jewels. They're not even worth a bit from what I've seen so far so I really can't defend that. I've gotten loads of the pyrite and the iron for crafting through drops but I will also have no use for them. I agree with many people that think this was a pointless update and it was cheap on their part to do that to the players. We've been expecting a big update for a while and they give us cheap, worth for nothing jewels.

That's the deal. How it turns out on your luck. For me before khrysalis I ran all 6 of my wizards through tartarus several times and one I kept going after a drop. I hit around a 100 times total through it plus have been back a few times helping out someone. So far my big prize was a Zeus robe. Had no problem picking up athames and rings from cronus and the gladiator. Being rng based there is no guarantee that you will ever get a drop. You can be lucky and get what you are going for in a few runs or unlucky and take a thousand runs.

FamilyWiz is offline Transcendent Wizard

• FamilyWiz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angel Death
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Krokotopia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Angel
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  snowy cat

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

They flat out need to do away with no trade, no auction and especially no trade, no auction, no sale so feeding it to your pet is not an option. How I hate trashing something that should be worth some gold. Make it no trade or no auction not both.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 5-12-15 at 6:19:56 PM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post/reply

Game is in critical danger.
      Playing thru Avalon -- not paying.
      Reagent Hoarding Group

Kayla DeathRiver is offline Adept Wizard

• Kayla DeathRiver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kayla DeathRiver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lady Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWiz View Post
      They flat out need to do away with no trade, no auction and especially no trade, no auction, no sale so feeding it to your pet is not an option. How I hate trashing something that should be worth some gold. Make it no trade or no auction not both.
      I agree certainly. I don't know how many times I ended up getting both "no trade" and "no auction." It drives me crazy! Of course, feeding it to the pet is an option but I would like another as well.

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The drop rates can be just ridiculous at times. Me and my team have farmed Aphrodite 40+ times and i was lucky enough to get the damage ring, but out of all those runs they have not received it even once.

warprat is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Seems like the drop rates have dropped even further than they used to be. I have been grinding and grinding for the Samoorai and Goat Monk spells. Used to be hard, but now its impossible. I'm just about ready to give up...

Come on KI, throw us a bone or two! I already have three accounts now. Wizard 101 is the only game I have played for the past few years.

But I'm getting frustrated. I spend hundreds on this game each year. Is it time to switch to something else?

I have barely tried the Darkmoor dungeon. As an adult who works a job, its just too hard to link up with friends who play on different schedules. I know sooner or later a crafted set will come out, or a Crown Shop one. Personally, I can hardly wait.

It's frustrating to see all the beautiful new spells, and know you have no shot at getting any of them...

As a plus, I would have to say that I am very satisfied with the fine work that was done on the Khrysalis world. Especially when you can see your work transform things. I would like to see more worlds.

The crystals are fine, would be nice to see them on everything.

And as long as I'm on a rant, please fix the PVP system so it's not so unpleasant. There is too much opportunity for rude behavior. I have tried it and been really turned off for years. It is the main reason I rarely buy a sub.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast