•  Tailstorm Pantera

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

A homeless Muffin the hydra

So I was just in the bazaar and I found this homeless hydra pet named muffin. Nothing was loading and I clicked around him to see if a wizard just wasnt showing up. NOPE there was nobody around him

Pray that this epic hydra finds a good home (I gave him cake since he looked hungry )

If you want to see this poor creature and give him cake, go to Bernie realm Area 1. Thats where this poor creature is living
      Last edited by Stormystore; 4-2-15 at 10:30:01 PM.

Lucas is offline Transcendent Wizard

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: A homeless Muffin the hydra

Seeing a homeless / ownerless Hydra is a lot less appealing that seeing a homeless hound.

Stormystore is offline Novice Wizard

• Stormystore's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Rachel Dreamsong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Zeus (Main storm pet)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tailstorm Pantera

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

A
      Another screenshot of the poor thing, and as the chat shows, Muffin has started some conversation in the hatchery. Save the hydra!

Angel Eyes is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Angel Eyes's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dingbat
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Useless Git
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Something with a feint

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Stormy hurried across the green into the dark of the hatchery house. What an awesome opportunity! A chance to hatch with Roose Boltin', the host of the new hit comedy show Great Moments in Divination, and his septuple damage spark beast Rocco.

Can't be late, though. He has a temper, and will up and leave if I'm not there on the dot.

Stormy squinted in the dim room. A couple of death girls were comparing notes on two new, dull-brown spotted eggs in the right far corner. They didn't pay him any mind. Otherwise, the hatchery was deserted. Wait, what's this? Someone standing behind the dais in the left far corner, out of sight. Could this be Roose? Stormy walked over to introduce himself.

And nearly went sprawling as he tripped over a loose stone. One that scuttered away, yapping and honking and hissing and--

Stormy had startled someone's pet. "Pardon me, so sorry, 'scuse me," he muttered, looking up expecting to meet a disapproving stare. Except there was nobody there. He looked down. Squished up against the baseboards was a little hydra, all by itself, cowering and looking bewildered.

He reached down to pet it, but it recoiled and a gunmetal blue head shot out and snapped at his hand. He tried again from a different angle, wrapping his cloak sleeve around his hand and lifting the creature with both hands. "Muffin," he read from the shiny brass collar tag as the hydra struggled to get away. He turned the tag over and leaned in closer at the small writing on the back.

Too close.

This time, a red head shot out and clamped firmly on his nose. He hollered and let go of the hydra, hands rushing to his face to free his nose. Now the hydra was in free fall, dangling from Stormy's swollen, running, and now bleeding nose. It bit down ferociously and wheeled its arms, legs, tail, and other heads wildly in the air.

Stormy tried to pry the red jaws off his nose, tears of pain running down his face. Something caught his sleeve, and then the storm head tore through his sleeve and pinched a good fold of flesh from the back of his arm like a stapler shark. He went for the nose with the other hand, trying not to move his right arm, which was now also bleeding and tethered to the hydra in a garish V of heads and necks and fabric.

In walked Roose Boltin' at that very moment. He saw the ruckus, picked up Rocco, and backed out of the hatchery in a hurry.

The death girls rushed over as soon as they heard the racket.

"Hey, want me to call for help? Um, need a tissue?" One set down her bag and pulled out a handkerchief, while the other ran over to the observation kiosk and gestured wildly at the doc, and then at Stormy.

Dr. Purreau dropped his clipboard and swatted open the glass door. "Heavens sakes, what a mess. Steady now. Don't move your arm or head, poor thing is in shock." She's in shock. Well I guess that makes two of us, thought Stormy.

The doc pulled a pen out of his coat pocket and levered the red jaws off Stormy's nose. Then he gathered up the splayed necks in one hand, and tapped the storm head on the forehead. It opened wide and hissed, dropping Stormy's arm. The armskin flap where the hydra had latched on, was still tented up. It looked like a piece of used chewing gum. Dr. Purreau then retreated with the hydra, and said something softly to one of the girls.

The death girl with the handkerchief offered it to him again. Stormy went to put it to his face, and then groaned in pain as its weight settled over his torn beak. Dr. Purreau had brought the hydra into the examination room, where he sat on the desk with a now very relaxed, content Muffin on his lap as he cooed and nattered baby talk to it. "Wooda boo boo wika gummy wyrm? Mmm, nom noms," he chortled.

That moment a tall, dopey-looking spriggan in a tan pet training jumper came barreling into the hatchery. "Muffin, anybody seen a muffin? I mean a hydra," she said, moulding her rangy fingers around an imaginary hydra about yea big and such. Then she saw Stormy sitting on the floor, nursing his nose. Slowly she put two and two together, and her mouth fell open in embarrassment. "Aww geez man, I'm soooo sorry. Where is she now? Here, use this, yours is full," and she offered him a fresh handkerchief.

"Doh, it's quite alright," he said behind the fresh hanky. Just then Dr. Purreau emerged from the back with the now quiet hydra. "Forgot something, did you?" He handed the beast up to her. She clasped the hydra and spun her around at eye level, tsking. "Bad girl. Whatchoo been up to? I'ma tie your heads in a proper knot for that." The fire head lunged in to nip at her nose, but her long, leathery hand slipped up quick as lightning and caught the head. "Nope. Nope nope nopenopenope. BAAAD." And out they went.
      Angel's dad pulled the last box out of the closet, the one with Shoes of Pain and Fear printed in faded Gothic letters across it. Angel tried them on. In fact, they were snug and comfy, and not even a little bit scary.

WildPants is offline Magus Wizard

• WildPants's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jenna Redpants
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Cloud Beast

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Sweet story AngelEyes!
      And yes, sadly, some pets need a leash:
      Name:  Stray Dragon.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  104.4 KB
      Pet Central has pets for every wizard's need:
      Healing & Utilities ~ School Damage ~ Wards ~ Crits ~ Join Us!
      Need Gold? Hoarding Halfang Gold farming services

Angel Eyes is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Angel Eyes's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dingbat
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Useless Git
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Something with a feint

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

One of my first memories in the game was when I was in Haunted Cave and saw an imp all by itself, just dancing a jig in the road about where the rotting fodders end and the field guards start.

I think it was in Unicorn realm because at the time, my friends always stayed there.

At the time, I thought maybe this was one way to get a pet, was to find them roaming loose in the city. I tried to pick it up, but soon learned it wasn't really "there" and I couldn't interact with it. So for about a week, sometime around Valentine's Day 2 years ago , I would see that imp dancing there on my way to and from places in Haunted Cave.

I can't recall if there was a test realm up during that time. Possibly. Being new to the game, and a F2P besides, I wasn't following game updates. The one thing that stuck out in my mind was that it was an adult Imp. Somehow that detail worked its way into my brain, and convinced me I should try to train my piggle and/or blue cyclops. Maybe that is a good thing, because it got me in the habit of training my pets. Or a bad thing, since it led me to the craziness of pet projects.
      Angel's dad pulled the last box out of the closet, the one with Shoes of Pain and Fear printed in faded Gothic letters across it. Angel tried them on. In fact, they were snug and comfy, and not even a little bit scary.

Zamorak is offline Magus Wizard

• Zamorak's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wolf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Leo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Varies
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

it seems muffin is back.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Zamorak; 4-7-15 at 12:43:23 AM.
      Strength through chaos!