----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: To those in Dark Moor

Hmm. I don't think KI should nerf it. It's easy. I love it. I don't spend multiple hours of the day working on the third dungeon of Castle Darkmoor. Yea, accumulated it can total a lot, but it's divided up so one could spread it out. The third dungeon to me is a lot like the time to do Tartarus, except faster. Also, keep in mind that just because it's the best stat gear, that doesn't mean you will win every time. Yes, it plays a good portion in helping your chances, but it's up to the player to win the battle, not the gear.
      Elijah Hexfinder: Weed Whacker. Attorney at Lawn.

personhere101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• personhere101's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  robert dragonrider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  too many

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenTamer View Post
      PvP is also completely optional. PvP requires a lot more strategy than this dungeon. In essence, PvP is much more difficult that this dungeon. Why? Because your opponent is not predictable. Your opponent does not use the same spells over and over again, in the exact same order. Very true. So we should ban PvP because it's too difficult for children to get. Yet PvP isnt rewarding in the least. Just entertaining. But this dungeon is. Thus, we shouldn't.

Questing is meant to be done in teams. and if your team doesn't think you're worth it to them?
      It's completely possible to solo the entire story line. Unless if you're a little kid.
      The reason? The story line is meant to be done by everyone. How many people do we see in Khrysalis that have awful gear and are still able to quest far enough in order to get there? and never able to complete the game. It's a lot. Because questing is extremely easy, and you don't need top tier gear or a pet to do so. that's debatable.

So this gear would be far more worthwhile for only PvP and not for questing. Read 2nd paragraph And since little kids apparently don't have any strategies, and can't read any guides, little children will not do well in PvP. If they could read guides, this entire thread wouldn't be an issue. unless they didn't know any guide existed since these dungeons have been out about a week and pvp has been out since wizard101 creation (or just about) so they probably do know how to look up guides and read.
      Written in bold.
      Also, my belief is we shouldn't nerf it completely, just let it take 2-3 hours (even 3-4 hours) instead of 4-5 hours. 4-5 is ridiculous. Just my opinion.
      (credit goes to kyary for the awesome sig and avi!)<a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic105346_8.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ic105346_8.gif</a> which grub guardian map pack do you like most? click here

rascal is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
      Agree if you can't allot about 4-6 hours to do the last segment of darkmoor, don't bother getting on the sigil.

Oh I guess this means just about everybody, well darn.

One big reason I haven't bothered with any of these is because I have a family and IRL friends and a job.
      Thank you. I haven't even tried it yet, but from the sounds of it I am going to wait until the next world, get my wizards to level 110 then give it a shot. I'll let my subs run out (I dual box) until the new world is ready. I just can't risk spending 4-5 hours over and over for gear drops, so hopefully I'll be able to limp through the next world and they'll offer good gear via crafting. I too have a very intensive job and life; Wizard101 is supposed to be relaxation for me.

Oh and btw - WHERE is your signature from? I am intrigued and want to read whatever story it is.
      Last edited by rascal; 11-21-14 at 8:59:41 PM.

Signature by the AWESOME Keira Breeze!

LaurenTamer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Cynical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by personhere101 View Post
      Written in bold.
      Also, my belief is we shouldn't nerf it completely, just let it take 2-3 hours (even 3-4 hours) instead of 4-5 hours. 4-5 is ridiculous. Just my opinion.
      PvP offers Conviction. PvP offers the best rings/athames up to and including level 45. PvP offers some of the better amulets, including the only piece of normal gear the offers stun resistance. So yes, there are more rewards for PvP than you think.

Your "team" can't really say anything when you join a fight that's ongoing. So whether or not you are worth it, you will still get credit for it. I'm not really sure what you mean.
      Yes, it's completely possible to solo the game that is meant to be done as a team. Which means it's easy to do in a team.
      Plenty of people have completed the game, that have horrible gear. Not sure what you're talking about.
      It's really not debatable. You can complete the game without ever casting a spell if you so desired to wait for people to do all your quests for you.

A simple Google search reveals there to be guides. Now you're going to tell me kids don't know how to use Google, even though you're taught in school on how to research for projects.

And it's my point is that it doesn't take 4 hours. If you're taking 4 hours to do this dungeon, you need a far better strategy.

rascal is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

And it's my point is that it doesn't take 4 hours. If you're taking 4 hours to do this dungeon, you need a far better strategy.
      Can you define 4 hours? Is it 4 hours with a full team that works well together, 4 hours with a full pick up team at the sigil, 4 hours with two or three people if you can't find a full team, 4 hours if you dual box, 4 hours if you solo?

Not everyone can find a good team even by using the help features on Central. I don't want someone to do it for me, I want to do it myself with people at my same level. I don't mind using the guides but shouldn't have to follow them step by step. And if it takes too long because I also have a life, I don't want to pay for the content involved. So it could drive me to drop my memberships.

Players can always make things harder for themselves (solo, use lower gear, etc.) but a lot of us really can't make it any easier. I would think that KI would focus on the majority of their audience rather than just really good players, those with a lot of time, or those with ready access to good teams.

I do respect what you are saying I just hope you can see both sides.

ETA: it would be really great if KI offered difficulty levels that you select before getting on the sigil or that you choose in your control panel. Drops rates would be lowered or raised based on the level of difficulty you choose. This would give many more people a chance to experience the content without being great players or part of a good team but still keep those who want harder dungeons happy.
      Last edited by rascal; 11-21-14 at 9:40:45 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Signature by the AWESOME Keira Breeze!

jawgoat is offline Apprentice Wizard

• jawgoat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Perry
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Platypus

Mood:
      Volatile

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

PvP offers the W101 community several important things, listed in order of influence: 1) the quickest way to determine any available exploit offered by game mechanics 2)nerf/OP threads clogging an otherwise useful forum...3) immature behavior, both in and out of game...4) stun block and conviction spells...5) some marginally useful gear. This is absolutely in-line with what PvP offers in most MMOs.

As for the dungeon, this thing was released just a few days ago. Given that most people don't do test and it isn't a requirement...please explain where this expectation that a W101 dungeon should take 4-6hours comes from. What in the general course of gameplay from Wizard City through even Aquila and onto Khrysalis suggests a 4-6 hour block of time should be reasonable to complete a segment of gameplay?

Its too much...just entirely too much. Over the top. I'm all for challenge, I'm fine with having to work towards an end...Darkmoor as it is currently implemented is completely over the top in terms of investment required...and this speaks nothing to reward potential which I'm guessing is absurdly low...I don't know because I can't find a group to do the thing with...which is what I suppose this thread is about.

TL;DR- darkmoor is ki's fault not the players

***EDIT for extra, but unnecessary, ranting: What in the general course of gameplay from Wizard City through even Aquila and onto Khrysalis suggests that a 3rd party internet information source should be required to complete a segment of gameplay? Not saying reading up beforehand isn't useful, I do it myself...but where does the expecatation/requirement idea come from? Thats the suggestion of previous posters as a "duhhh" solution to the dungeons' intricacy. If it is a requirement that a modicum of reasearch needs to be done before participating in an area of content, doesn't that suggest that the ingame environment may not be intuitive enough or maybe even too complex? Doesn't it at least suggest that an ingame source should point a player to these resources before an attempt is made to participate? When did we get so hardcore? I've personally played this game for as long as I have as a direct result of the lack of "hardcore" elements...but thats just me.
      Last edited by jawgoat; 11-21-14 at 9:59:06 PM. Reason: more ranting!

• jawgoat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Perry
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Platypus

Mood:
      Volatile

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by personhere101 View Post
      Now, for everybody who says this dungeon is optional just stop.
      Please, in detail, list what PVE content is optional and what is mandatory. Before doing so, please be reminded this a FTP game in which a good deal of players buy only certain blocks of content.

For the benefit of at least those players, please tell us which is "required" so that better choices can be made in regards to paying for said content. Thanks, I'd hate to be buying "optional" content.

JinZah is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rascal View Post
      Can you define 4 hours? Is it 4 hours with a full team that works well together, 4 hours with a full pick up team at the sigil, 4 hours with two or three people if you can't find a full team, 4 hours if you dual box, 4 hours if you solo?
      4 to 6 hours with a full pick up team from sigil, longer if you go in one person down.

Not everyone can find a good team even by using the help features on Central. I don't want someone to do it for me, I want to do it myself with people at my same level. I don't mind using the guides but shouldn't have to follow them step by step. And if it takes too long because I also have a life, I don't want to pay for the content involved. So it could drive me to drop my memberships.
      See this right here? This is why it's a bad idea for KI to put out these kind of hard core dungeons. I'm sorry if this game it too easy for some of you, but like i said, if you need hard core content, maybe it's time you changed to another game, because these kind of dungeons are not what this game is about.

Players can always make things harder for themselves (solo, use lower gear, etc.) but a lot of us really can't make it any easier. I would think that KI would focus on the majority of their audience rather than just really good players, those with a lot of time, or those with ready access to good teams.
      Another good point.

ETA: it would be really great if KI offered difficulty levels that you select before getting on the sigil or that you choose in your control panel. Drops rates would be lowered or raised based on the level of difficulty you choose. This would give many more people a chance to experience the content without being great players or part of a good team but still keep those who want harder dungeons happy.
      This is a compromise that i would love to see; other MMO's have this Elite/Nightmare difficulty option, so why not W101?

• jawgoat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Perry
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Platypus

Mood:
      Volatile

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So we should ban PvP because it's too difficult for children to get.
      No, absolutely not.

We should ban PvP because given enough chimpanzees with accounts, eventually one chimp would buy and play the right treasure cards to become a warlord. WARLORD baby! He'd be pwnin noobz w0rldw1d3 with his L337 TC!!!11!1!!!!

TL;DR: TC make PvP = joke...not that I have an agenda or anything...and for the record I wouldn't do pvp even without TC...because I'm not good at it...just sayin'

personhere101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• personhere101's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  robert dragonrider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  too many

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jawgoat View Post
      Please, in detail, list what PVE content is optional and what is mandatory. Before doing so, please be reminded this a FTP game in which a good deal of players buy only certain blocks of content.

For the benefit of at least those players, please tell us which is "required" so that better choices can be made in regards to paying for said content. Thanks, I'd hate to be buying "optional" content.
      Depends on how far you want to go in game. If you want to complete a world right when a new world comes out (like most people do) Then I would say that only wysteria, PvP, Tournaments, and loremaster if no PvP. Now, for a "hardcore gamer" they don't even need the "necessities" like this dungeon or even tartarus.
      (credit goes to kyary for the awesome sig and avi!)<a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic105346_8.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ic105346_8.gif</a> which grub guardian map pack do you like most? click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast