• Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
        ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Rolling Over in His Grave: A guide to Castle Darkmoor's Graveyard W/ Speed Run Ti

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>*Erin* View Post
      I love this guide I have to say and yea I noticed the conviction not working will switch to stun block. On the Shane Von shane fight I would love to see another video if you go second. Just because it changes that fight up a ton. I know how I do it if second is I strangle but would love to see how you all to do it as well to see if I am being efficient or not.
      What? You mean flee and return until you get first isn't the proper thing to do? But I'll cast my vote for a video from second (where things go wrong). After a storm lord on first round, a sirens on second, and a glow bug cause the dissipate fizzled -- second seems a rough way to go.

*Erin* is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• *Erin*'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Erin RosePetal
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  I prefer Bella after my cat but alas Isabella is only offered in game. Hmm what to do?
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  I got hundreds! Eek not putting them all in...

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Rolling Over in His Grave: A guide to Castle Darkmoor's Graveyard W/ Speed Run Ti

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>ValdusWildheart View Post
      What? You mean flee and return until you get first isn't the proper thing to do? But I'll cast my vote for a video from second (where things go wrong). After a storm lord on first round, a sirens on second, and a glow bug cause the dissipate fizzled -- second seems a rough way to go.
      Yes second is not fun my problem is its like shane is like that storm over there is about to hit must beguile her. So I use the strangle and hope and hope in that turn he uses no other death spells and can actually hit shane w/o beguile killing rest of us. I have not tried fleeing until I get first but will try it, I know first is so much easier in that fight then second.

Avatar by Wizardpower100, siggy by The Mad Hatter
      ~Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.~

Katherine_Light is offline Legendary Wizard

• Katherine_Light's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Katherine Light
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sunshine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

After the latest downtime, either I'm having tremendous luck or they've put his stun back to normal, as conviction seems to be working properly (or close to it) again. I'll check it out for a few more fights before I switch the guide back, but in the meantime if anyone else wants to try out conviction, let me know your results since this last update!

I hear you on going second at Shane. He can glwobug and steal your blades with so few pips, it's brutal. All the same, I'll see what I can do as far as a video from second goes! I've still got Sir Blackwater and all the Upper Halls bosses videos to edit, so it may be a while, but I'll try to get to it as soon as I can. But really, from second... pretty much anything I can show, you'll be able to say "but what if he glowbugs or sirens" etc etc. With this fight, there's just no guarantees. At least from first you know if your blades will be taken off, but all in all, it's always a gamble against this guy.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Katherine Light
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sunshine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Just by way of an update, it seems that conviction is indeed working properly at Yevgeny again. Editing it back to go back to the original recommendation of conviction. If you can avoid the stuns and kill before that ice bubble and Abominable Weaver, he's actually a fun farm.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Katherine Light
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sunshine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Haven't updated this in a while, just went through and added some details that were missing as far as resists, more accurate cheat info, etc. Also, added advice for balance and death wizards at Malistaire as I've heard a few people say that without their universal blades and traps they feel useless in the final fight, and they are FAR from it. If you notice anything that's missing or inaccurate, please let me know so I can correct it!

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I just wanted to ad one thing for the first fight. At the completion of round 5 we know Yevgeny will interupt to attack one person. I have found this attack to always hit the person with the lowest health at that time. Important to know as this is often a storm and likely about to hit.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Katherine Light
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sunshine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>DV8ONE View Post
      I just wanted to ad one thing for the first fight. At the completion of round 5 we know Yevgeny will interupt to attack one person. I have found this attack to always hit the person with the lowest health at that time. Important to know as this is often a storm and likely about to hit.
      Ah, thanks for that info! We'd passed around a few theories on that; the person with my most pips (also usually the hammer since they're saving pips to attack), the person with the most blades, lowest health, etc. If it's lowest health, it may make things easier to toss in a heal to the storm wizard during round 4.

Has anyone found a pattern as far as Yevgeny's stuns going through? He seems to go back and forth between being able to stun through conviction and not being able to, and there seems to be no way to predict that. At this point our best guess is that he's somehow got a stat that increases his likelihood to stun, sort of like pierce for stun resist? I'm looking to to trying out some stun resist gear and seeing how it affects things.

I've gotten a lot of PM and whispers over the past few days from people who are trying out Malistaire for the first time with friends over the break and having a rough time, asking for advice. I've been mulling over what more I can say that isn't in the guide and realized that in general I actually do quite a few things that make this somewhat simpler, though they require a but of prep work before you run the dungeon. I'll add them to the guide but for the people who've been messaging me, I'll write them here so I can just link you right to this post, lol.

Advice for those struggling with Malistaire

As I'm sure many of you have discovered by now, the real problem in this battle is the minions. You need to do everything you can to get rid of those guys asap. Once they're down, the fight is immeasurably easier. To the end, these ideas are pretty helpful for getting them down.
      1. Your hammer should hit by the end of round 4 regardless of if they have enough blades to kill. Those blades are going to be removed by the dragon at the start of round 5, use them while you can. Count out the rounds to make sure you know when to expect the dragon to remove your blades. It'll happen as an interrupt at the start of round 5, then round 9, then round 13, etc (every 4th round).
      2. Invest in some treasure cards that are helpful to buff your hammer. I wouldn't use bubbles (sanctuary is too useful here), but school-specific blades, triblades, and bladestorm are great. Also.... it's time to actually use some of those sharpen blade TCs you've been hoarding since Azteca. Take time before the battle to pre-enchant your blades and put them, already enchanted, in your sideboard for this battle. (I'll put a little note about how to pre-enchant and make your own TCs at the bottom of this post for those of you who've never done it before, just in case.)
      3. Have your hammer keep pre-enchanted AoEs in their sideboard. There's nothing worse than that sinking feeling when the team has managed to do everything properly to buff up for a good attack and your hammer can't find a hit before round 5.
      4. TC virulent plague on round one. In this battle, all the enemies comes out swinging. You do your team a huge favour by taking the bite out of those initial attacks.
      5. As much as I am loath to say this... if your team is struggling, flee the battle and restart it until your team goes first. This fight is much simpler when you don't have to worry about something unexpected happening right before you hit.

*How to Pre-enchant Treasure Cards*

• Stuff your main deck with the trained cards you would like to enchant.
      • Put the treasure cardsyou would like to enchant them with (sharp, colossal, gargantuan if you've run out of colossal) in your sideboard.
      • Start a low-risk battle (this is why you often see high level wizards on Unicorn Way, seeming to be doing nothing).
      • Discard a card from your hand, usually a wand. Use that space to draw a treasure card from your sideboard. Use that treasure card to enchant on of the trained spells, then discard the newly enchanted card.
      • Repeat until you've made the desired amount of treasure cards.
      • After the battle, remove those treasure cards from the sideboard of your TC-making deck so that they go into your general TC inventory, then put them in the deck for the battle you need them for, or just keep them with your bulk TCs for general use.
      Last edited by Katherine_Light; 12-30-14 at 10:06:27 AM.

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Katherine_Light View Post
      Ah, thanks for that info! We'd passed around a few theories on that; the person with my most pips (also usually the hammer since they're saving pips to attack), the person with the most blades, lowest health, etc. If it's lowest health, it may make things easier to toss in a heal to the storm wizard during round 4.

Has anyone found a pattern as far as Yevgeny's stuns going through? He seems to go back and forth between being able to stun through conviction and not being able to, and there seems to be no way to predict that. At this point our best guess is that he's somehow got a stat that increases his likelihood to stun, sort of like pierce for stun resist? I'm looking to to trying out some stun resist gear and seeing how it affects things.

I've gotten a lot of PM and whispers over the past few days from people who are trying out Malistaire for the first time with friends over the break and having a rough time, asking for advice. I've been mulling over what more I can say that isn't in the guide and realized that in general I actually do quite a few things that make this somewhat simpler, though they require a but of prep work before you run the dungeon. I'll add them to the guide but for the people who've been messaging me, I'll write them here so I can just link you right to this post, lol.

Advice for those struggling with Malistaire

As I'm sure many of you have discovered by now, the real problem in this battle is the minions. You need to do everything you can to get rid of those guys asap. Once they're down, the fight is immeasurably easier. To the end, these ideas are pretty helpful for getting them down.
      1. Your hammer should hit by the end of round 4 regardless of if they have enough blades to kill. Those blades are going to be removed by the dragon at the start of round 5, use them while you can. Count out the rounds to make sure you know when to expect the dragon to remove your blades. It'll happen as an interrupt at the start of round 5, then round 9, then round 13, etc (every 4th round).
      2. Invest in some treasure cards that are helpful to buff your hammer. I wouldn't use bubbles (sanctuary is too useful here), but school-specific blades, triblades, and bladestorm are great. Also.... it's time to actually use some of those sharpen blade TCs you've been hoarding since Azteca. Take time before the battle to pre-enchant your blades and put them, already enchanted, in your sideboard for this battle. (I'll put a little note about how to pre-enchant and make your own TCs at the bottom of this post for those of you who've never done it before, just in case.)
      3. Have your hammer keep pre-enchanted AoEs in their sideboard. There's nothing worse than that sinking feeling when the team has managed to do everything properly to buff up for a good attack and your hammer can't find a hit before round 5.
      4. TC virulent plague on round one. In this battle, all the enemies comes out swinging. You do your team a huge favour by taking the bite out of those initial attacks.
      5. As much as I am loath to say this... if your team is struggling, flee the battle and restart it until your team goes first. This fight is much simpler when you don't have to worry about something unexpected happening right before you hit.

*How to Pre-enchant Treasure Cards*

• Stuff your main deck with the trained cards you would like to enchant.
      • Put the treasure cardsyou would like to enchant them with (sharp, colossal, gargantuan if you've run out of colossal) in your sideboard.
      • Start a low-risk battle (this is why you often see high level wizards on Unicorn Way, seeming to be doing nothing).
      • Discard a card from your hand, usually a wand. Use that space to draw a treasure card from your sideboard. Use that treasure card to enchant on of the trained spells, then discard the newly enchanted card.
      • Repeat until you've made the desired amount of treasure cards.
      • After the battle, remove those treasure cards from the sideboard of your TC-making deck so that they go into your general TC inventory, then put them in the deck for the battle you need them for, or just keep them with your bulk TCs for general use.
      Something that seems to work well for me when reaching Malistair. We know there is no penalty if you flee before the first Mali is dead. For this reason I use 2 separate decks for this fight. I also use a slightly different build (pet/wand).

I use my max critical set up with a very small deck consisting of 3 blades and 3 aoe hits using colossal. This deck is designed to get 3 blades up and hit the minions on round 4 almost ensuring they die. Even if they do not fully die the deck is set to hit them again. Once they are gone I simply flee, load my boss/trap deck, switch to my healing pet and block wand then port back.

This method has worked very well for me in defeating those minions fast and efficiently.

thaidragon is offline Apprentice Wizard

• thaidragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alexandro Fireblood
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Romeo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur
      ----

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Rolling Over in His Grave: A guide to the Graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>flash33 View Post
      By banned I mean that it's pointless to even cast them since he will just steal them for himself anyways.
      That's worse than banned. That's giving aid & comfort to the enemy. DOH
      Last edited by thaidragon; 1-5-15 at 2:25:14 AM.
      Storm Level 100 & Life Level 100 & Fire Level 100

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Katherine Light
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sunshine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've recently had quite a bit of success with using vengeance during the Malistaire battle. If your hammer has a decent critical rating, vengeance tends to put it over the top and lead to some deadly attacks, especially when it comes to the mobs and Haunted Malistaire. I don't recommend it as strongly for Undead Malistaire; the last thing you want is to put up doom in expectation of a critical, then have him block and need to set up for a second hit with doom up the whole time, yikes. That being said, Criticals with vengeance up have, in my personal experience, landed on Malistaire the majority of the time. I've also been trying it out as a healer and have found it VERY effective. A critical primordial unicorn can do a whole lot of healing for minimal pips. It's faster then rebirth and allows you many more opportunities to heal, which in this battle is always a good thing.

I'm adding the recommendation to the guide but would love to hear feedback from you guys about how vengeance has worked out for you; if it's not as successful for others, I'd like to know so that I can remove advice that isn't working out for people.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast