Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Suggestion for Member Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      .... If Dworgyn replied by basically saying, "You like the new subscriber benefits? You can buy a month's membership, enjoy them, then cancel and go back to owning what you own" -- where's the beef? You aren't losing anything. Your areas and other things bought with Crowns don't have to be surrendered. You can continue to have the best of both worlds, have your cake and eat it, too. Join for the month when you like the benes, cancel when they change or you no longer have need of them.
      Willowdreamer, I am trying to see where Dworgyn is exactly saying what you restated. I do see that he said things about enjoying previous promotions etc; but where exactly does he say, "...You can buy a month's membership, enjoy them, then cancel and go back to owning what you own" -- where's the beef? You aren't losing anything. Your areas and other things bought with Crowns don't have to be surrendered."

There seem to be conflictinginformation on this. Some say that areas previously bought with crowns are still open once a membership expires; others have said they lose the crown opened areas when they do a membership and the membership expires. Can you point me to anywhere where KI clearly states what would happen? I have mailed KI recently, but don't have any response as of yet. My first email back in 2011 on this issue got an unclear response from KI. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

FamilyWiz is offline Transcendent Wizard

• FamilyWiz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angel Death
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Krokotopia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Angel
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  snowy cat

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I'm not understanding the umbrage, LoneWiz? If Dworgyn replied by basically saying, "You like the new subscriber benefits? You can buy a month's membership, enjoy them, then cancel and go back to owning what you own" -- where's the beef? You aren't losing anything. Your areas and other things bought with Crowns don't have to be surrendered. You can continue to have the best of both worlds, have your cake and eat it, too. Join for the month when you like the benes, cancel when they change or you no longer have need of them.

The game has changed considerably since its inception. To expect that membership benefits vs Crowns benefits would never change to address new features doesn't make sense to me.
      The beef is that he instead of taking a fair offer to let me trade crowns for sub, he wants me to pay twice by continuing to buy areas and subbing whenever one of these offers is going. Instead of bargaining with me, he gives me a sales pitch to buy both. The beef is that I made this decision and spent a lot of money buying areas instead of subbing based on erroneous information. The beef is that it would only be fair to either let me switch but refund the areas bought now that members are getting greater perks and an unfair advantage in game.

At this point, sad to say, I don't see myself spending more money on this game. God knows, this controversary will probably blow over to and I probably will but, at this moment, I have a sour taste in my mouth and that having played Barkingham Palace this morning and found it fun. Not sure I'll buy it, however. At all.

Let's face it -- they really stuck it to crowns players and turned a corner towards pay to win with this one!

Game is in critical danger.
      Playing thru Avalon -- not paying.
      Reagent Hoarding Group

cattalicious is offline Fizzled

• cattalicious's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destiny Wildheart, Tasha SoulThief, Tasha Strongbreeze, Eric Soulthief, Tasha Frost, Tasha Thorn
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  George
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Giraffe

Mood:
      Alienated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by *Erin* View Post
      I logged on to reply as well and it won't let any of my 3 accounts reply so I think its been closed already.
      All 3 have made a purchase in the last 30 days? Posting there is the same requirement as getting into test. Otherwise, did it let you type something, but just hasn't shown up? Because they are moderated before they are ever approved and posted.

*Erin* is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• *Erin*'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Erin RosePetal
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  I prefer Bella after my cat but alas Isabella is only offered in game. Hmm what to do?
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  I got hundreds! Eek not putting them all in...

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I am not sure why people are saying they lose the areas they paid for with crowns if they buy a sub. That is wrong so hope that rumor ends soon. I can tell you from personal experience you don't lose those areas you paid for after a sub. I buy one sub for a month every year around summer to pvp and derby. I have all my areas still once its over. I had another account I tried a yearly sub on and was paid up to the end of ds when my sub ended I still had up to the end of ds unlocked. You don't lose what you paid for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cattalicious View Post
      All 3 have made a purchase in the last 30 days? Posting there is the same requirement as getting into test. Otherwise, did it let you type something, but just hasn't shown up? Because they are moderated before they are ever approved and posted.
      That stinks will try the one I bought the otter bundle on and see if it works.

Avatar by Wizardpower100, siggy by The Mad Hatter
      ~Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.~

rascal is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWiz View Post

Frankly, he is now adding insult to injury and trying to sell me on buying memberships when these promotions arrive in addition to buying the areas with my crowns!!! Somehow, I'm feeling a knife in my back!

I completely respect your point of view and kind of see where you are coming from. May I offer another perspective on the idea of promotional periods based on KI's response to you?

I have worked in Sales for a large ($1 billion in sales) food manufacturer for 9 years. This is very similar to how most manufacturers do retail promotions. We have a promo calendar that has staggered promotions based on item category, season, etc.

We have different promotions available at different times. For example, we will have cottage cheese on sale for two weeks, then cream cheese on sale for two weeks. We then measure sales lift to see what works in what areas. We don't just look at the number of people who buy the product on sale, but we look at if the sales still have an increase two weeks or two months later. In short, did the sale get enough people to try the product that they liked it and kept buying it even when it wasn't on sale? If not, what else can we try to get people to buy when it isn't on sale?

The way I see it, KI is doing the same thing. Let's say that KI does a different promotion each month that is available to those with a membership. Say they alternate between 3 perks: pet XP increase, extra derby and pvp tickets, and extra backpack space. A crowns player could buy a 1 month membership to get the perk for the month. If the next month's perk doesn't appeal to them, they don't have to continue the membership and they've lost nothing. But what KI is hoping to do is have more people choose the membership option because they like the product (or the perk, in this case). If you're a crowns player, this evens the playing field since you would be buying your areas with crowns but still can get the perk...BUT only when you want it and you do need to pay for it on top of buying the areas. You're not forced into it. With membership, you get the perks whether you use them or not and your cost is the same month over month.

This is the same thing as my cheese example. If you only choose to buy our cottage cheese it is on sale, that is fine. We're happy you are trying it! But we're hoping that you like it enough to become a regular customer, which is why KI offers membership benefits and most likely why their Customer Service rep answered you the way he did.

Signature by the AWESOME Keira Breeze!

Johnny is offline Prodigious

• Johnny's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Johnny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Boomer
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Aqua Dragon

Mood:
      Arrg!

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I see both sides of the fence.

When I first started playing I was a subscriber. Later in my years of playing, I have moved towards Crowns and bought almost all of Wizards to have "Forever" (Or until they stop servicing the game). Subscribers only have areas open until their membership is up and then they are "locked out" of them until they subscribe again or purchase crowns and buy the areas like "crown players".

The whole "member exclusive dance emotions" is silly imo, and everyone should enjoy those...

The new "Double Pet XP" that was being tested on Test Realm yesterday was very cool when it first popped up on my screen. As a company KI has all the rights to try and persuade crowns players to subscribe and recieve these benefits.

I see a simple solution to this, that many other MMO's do. If they are going to give benefits to Subs they should have something to give to the Crown Players as well who spends tons of Crowns on the game monthly or every so often. It is called Crown Tier Spending.

Each month they could have a new one up beginning the 1st, and ending on the last day. During that Time Frame, if you spend ANY crowns on your account for ANYTHING, your bar will start filling up. Once you hit certain goals, you are qualified to redeem an option under each tier. The higher tier's have better prizes, but you have to spender higher amounts of crowns to receive them.

Below is an example of it, (Pirates version) but its just an example and could be used for Wizards as well.

Bryan Omar is offline Initiate Wizard

• Bryan Omar's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric DreamCatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Beau
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Frostfang

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This was mentioned before (THANKFULLY!) by @Willowdreamer and @Johnny

This is also to respond to @lukin

Key words/phrases: forever, Crowns left, the same.

EDIT: Excuse the word "Prize". I was thinking about "Zone Pricing" and it seems I mixed both words. The correct spelling would be "Price".
      Last edited by Bryan Omar; 11-5-14 at 6:17:28 PM. Reason: Mispelled word
      The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

-Lelouch vi Britannia

Fallon DarkEyes is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

area's are not forever. swapping crowns to membership you lose those areas. i know, i lost mine!

also keep in mind that MOST people c2p included. ALSO buy packs & bundles which are any where from $10-$43 (tax)

Always looking to hatch with new pets

Johnny is offline Prodigious

• Johnny's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Johnny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Boomer
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Aqua Dragon

Mood:
      Arrg!

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon DarkEyes View Post
      area's are not forever. swapping crowns to membership you lose those areas. i know, i lost mine!

also keep in mind that MOST people c2p included. ALSO buy packs & bundles which are any where from $10-$43 (tax)
      If you bought areas with crowns, then subscribed and then lose your membership, you should still be able to enter the areas you bought in the past with your crowns. If not you should contact Support and clear it up.

Bryan Omar is offline Initiate Wizard

• Bryan Omar's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric DreamCatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Beau
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Frostfang

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon DarkEyes View Post

Yes, I buy packs and bundles too, and I'm a member. That's why I didn't include it in the example because both parties do it.

In regards to the area, you need to contact KI then. I have bought areas with Crowns and when my Membership expires I can still access them.
      The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

-Lelouch vi Britannia

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast