Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Hatching Meet-up Guidelines

“AVAILABLE TO MIX” or “WANTED TO MIX”

OFFERING A HATCH:

All Offers for a pet Hatch Meet-up posted in this Forum must follow these guidelines or will be subject to moderation, up to and including deletion.

All OFFERS should include:

*What specific pets you are offering are for hatching, including pet’s age and talents. Providing screenshots of the talent page is always helpful. If posting a WANTED TO MIX, please be as specific as possible what you are looking for.

*Available date range you will be in-game.

*Approximately how much gold the hatch will cost, if less than 60,000 gold (current average hatch cost).

*All Hatch threads should run for no more than 5 days without getting a successful Hatch scheduled. Forum bumping rules will apply, so one bump is allowed every 24 hours up to the fifth day. If you haven’t gotten a response by then, you may want to wait a while before posting again or try a different pet.

Example~ If you post your Offer to Hatch on February 22nd at 9:26pm your offer should be accepted by February 27th at 9:26pm. Do not bump the thread after that other than to post the results of a Hatch Meet-up.

* You cannot change the pets or the terms of your Offer once it has received a reply, unless a different pet is negotiated with the other party.
      * When the Offer is accepted, please post the meet-up date in the thread so everyone will know that you may not be able to re-Hatch the same day. Details of time and realm may be exchanged via PM.
      * You can only have 4 active Hatch threads running at one time.
      * You MAY NOT request any payment or gifts of any kind in exchange for hatching, either in the thread or later in-game. Accepting a freely-offered gift is fine.
      * If you've posted an "Available to Mix," please respond to replies in first-come, first-served order if at all possible.

**If you did not make the Hatch thread, DO NOT send spam Private Messages to other members replying, in order to promote your own requests to hatch. Make your own Hatch thread. If you do not know how to make your own thread, check out one of the guides like this one: The How-To Guide On Just About Everything

Please make contact with your Hatch partner as soon as you can to complete your Hatch, and post the results of the meet-up (got pet, new hatch scheduled, etc) in your thread.

ACCEPTING A HATCH:

* BEFORE you post accepting a Hatch be sure to have sufficient gold (at least 60,000) on the character for Hatching.
      * If you agree to the terms of the Offer, you must be able to meet for the Hatch within 7 days of posting.
      * Do not spam a Hatch thread. If you dislike or don't agree with the terms of a Hatch then move on. Don't hijack another person's thread with your own plea for the same/similar pet.
      * If the Offer is breaking a forum rule or not following the Hatch guidelines, do not post in the thread to point out the fault, Report it.

Handling a Hatch dispute:

When a Hatch is agreed upon, the parties should make contact as soon as possible, and a day/time should be set to meet in game. Please be considerate of each other and don't leave the other person waiting to complete the Hatch. Post that there is a meet-up planned in the thread.

Please post the result after your Hatch. Whether you got the pet you wanted, if you have to hatch again, etc., something to indicate that the Hatch took place.

Violations of these Guidelines should be Reported to Forum Staff for investigation, but please understand that actions of players and disagreements in-game are not something we can control.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 11-24-13 at 11:26:25 AM. Reason: Guidelines revised per feedback from members
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Sophia Spellforge is offline Magus Wizard

• Sophia Spellforge's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Logan Spellforge x 2, Sophia Dragontamers (afew), Sophia Stormcloud (1), Sophia Shadowhunter (afew)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Hatching Meet-up Guidelines

Hi

I was wondering if these rules have now been implemented.

Based on the rules below I am concerned that many people who would help, will no longer do so. Whilst I understand that there would be a small minority of players where their behaviors are unacceptable, there are many others, that hatch every opportunity they can and these rules may impact them adversely to the extent that they would stop hatching with the community.

You have requested a picture of the Hatch, a Hatch with one person has no bearing to the results of a hatch with another pet. This may lend itself to people who do not understand the process, are inexperienced being terribly disappointed with the results

Furthermore, whilst I recognize that everyone has a level of expertise, I do not believe a single person in the community could be considered a pet expert to the extent that they can determined whether someone has been short changed or not...

The community should be encouraged to hatch, not be worried that they may do something wrong and may get deleted. If someone is behaving inconsistent with the intent of central vision we do have an option to write to the mods and ask for assistance. On top of that the mods are checking the forums and are more than able to ensure a level of fairness is exhibited by all

Just my two bobs worth.
      Last edited by Sophia Spellforge; 11-22-13 at 2:53:01 AM.

Many thnx David1822 (Avi) Kat (Sig)

Willowdreamer is offline Moderator

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm not sure which of the guidelines here would impact people adversely? Which in particular would prevent you from offering to Hatch with someone?

A picture of the Hatch is not required, just posting the result in terms of whether the meet-up took place or not, whether the person got the pet/trait they wanted, or not. If a person was Hatching for a trait, the result may not be known for quite some time, until the pet is trained up.

These guidelines were developed based on Reported posts and messages sent to Forum Staff about Hatching situations. As they are brand-new, there will naturally be a period of adjustment.
      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

The Lone Ninja Escapist is offline Legendary Wizard

• The Lone Ninja Escapist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sarah BattleThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight, Maximus, Toby, Diesel
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Heckhound, Storm Hound, Orthrus, Danger Hound

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post

*All Hatch threads should run for no more than 5 days. Forum bumping rules will apply, so one bump is allowed every 24 hours up to the fifth day. If you haven’t gotten a response by then, you may want to wait a while before posting again or try a different pet.

Example~ If you post your Offer to Hatch on February 22nd at 9:26pm your offer should be accepted by February 27th at 9:26pm. Do not bump the thread after that other than to post the results of a Hatch Meet-up.

* You cannot change the pets or the terms of your Offer once it has received a reply.
      Would this thread be subject to the 5 day bump rule and change of pets and terms?
      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...of-assistance!

This is the only Hatch thread that I use to try to hatch for pets (not stats) and it is only active during my school breaks or vacation. So when I have time to hatch, I bump up this thread. I try to save myself from spamming the Wanted To Mix meet-up threads for whenever a new pet is release in-game by listing all the pets I am looking for and providing a catalog of pets that I own and are ready to hatch. I frequently update the OP for when I get the pet(s) I want, have a new adult pet to be added to my catalog, add a new pet that I'm looking for, and announcing whether I am accepting new hatches or not.

I want to keep this thread open so I don't have to make a new hatching thread for every time a new pet surfaces. But I will start following the rule for updating my hatching attempts the next time I bump up the thread again. Would this kind of thread be closed after the 5th day?

ShadowWyvern is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

* When the Offer is accepted, please post the meet-up details in the thread so everyone will know the date, time and realm, and the fact that you may not be able to re-Hatch that same day.

My question is whether it is acceptable to post meet-up details in a PM, such as realm and wiz name, because in the past when hatching out new high demand pets, a few of us have had "impostors" say they were our scheduled hatch by getting the info from the thread, only to find out later we hatched with the wrong person. This is the main reason I set up those details and hatch mainly by PM. Please let us know and thanks!

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Ninja Escapist View Post
      Would this thread be subject to the 5 day bump rule and change of pets and terms?
      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...of-assistance!

This is the only Hatch thread that I use to try to hatch for pets (not stats) and it is only active during my school breaks or vacation. So when I have time to hatch, I bump up this thread. I try to save myself from spamming the Wanted To Mix meet-up threads for whenever a new pet is release in-game by listing all the pets I am looking for and providing a catalog of pets that I own and are ready to hatch. I frequently update the OP for when I get the pet(s) I want, have a new adult pet to be added to my catalog, add a new pet that I'm looking for, and announcing whether I am accepting new hatches or not.

I want to keep this thread open so I don't have to make a new hatching thread for every time a new pet surfaces. But I will start following the rule for updating my hatching attempts the next time I bump up the thread again. Would this kind of thread be closed after the 5th day?
      Thanks for the feedback. This guideline was directed at Hatch threads that weren't getting successful responses. Active Hatching threads will not be closed. I will re-word this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWyvern View Post
      My question is whether it is acceptable to post meet-up details in a PM, such as realm and wiz name, because in the past when hatching out new high demand pets, a few of us have had "impostors" say they were our scheduled hatch by getting the info from the thread, only to find out later we hatched with the wrong person. This is the main reason I set up those details and hatch mainly by PM. Please let us know and thanks!
      Yes, you can exchange specific identifiers via PM, but please post at least the date and time to meet in the thread. Thanks!

Rayzer is offline Exalted

• Rayzer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  The Fairycaller Clan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Moose
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Bloodbat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

So, is the Max Stat Team to be shut down then, since the first post of our thread was created April 15, 2012?

The logistics might be pretty difficult for us to start creating a new thread every five days.
      Thanks to Ashley Frost for the Signature

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzer View Post
      So, is the Max Stat Team to be shut down then, since the first post of our thread was created April 15, 2012?

The logistics might be pretty difficult for us to start creating a new thread every five days.

Sorry for the confusion - the 5 day rule will apply to Hatch threads that do not successfully result in a meet-up.

Esmeeskyflame is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Esmeeskyflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Esmee skyflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Beast

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

"* You MAY NOT request any payment or gifts of any kind in exchange for hatching, either in the thread or later in-game. Accepting a freely-offered gift after a successful hatch is fine."
      Just to clarify this rule if I were say asking for a specific talent eg I wanted myth dealer, would I be allowed to offer a hatch with a different pet of mine in return or a crown gift? This would be an offer in return not a requirement.

Sophia Spellforge is offline Magus Wizard

• Sophia Spellforge's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Logan Spellforge x 2, Sophia Dragontamers (afew), Sophia Stormcloud (1), Sophia Shadowhunter (afew)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I have added my comments below. Hope they help some

“AVAILABLE TO MIX” or “WANTED TO MIX”

OFFERING A HATCH:

All Offers for a pet Hatch Meet-up posted in this Forum must follow these guidelines or will be subject to moderation, up to and including deletion.

All OFFERS should include:

*What specific pets you are offering are for hatching, including pet’s age and all talents known. Providing screenshots of the talent page is always helpful. If posting a WANTED TO MIX, please be as specific as possible what you are looking for.

*Available dates and times you will be in-game.

*Approximately how much gold the hatch will cost, if known

*All Hatch threads should run for no more than 5 days without getting a successful Hatch scheduled. Forum bumping rules will apply, so one bump is allowed every 24 hours up to the fifth day. If you haven’t gotten a response by then, you may want to wait a while before posting again or try a different pet.

* You cannot change the pets or the terms of your Offer once it has received a reply.
      This is something that should be negotiable. In the past, when hatching with people for talents, they often bring the specified pet to the pavillion and when we look at the pet in the sigil, they will ask if it is the best pet to hatch with. In some circumstances, I will recommend something else and its their choice what they use. However, in both circumstances I cannot guarantee the result. But this is a common circumstance under which the original pet gets changed.

When the Offer is accepted, please post the meet-up details in the thread so everyone will know the date, time and realm, and the fact that you may not be able to re-Hatch that same day.

I think expectations should be set to 1 hatch per 24 hrs, if both parties are willing then multiple hatches may be possible but to not be expected

* You can only have 4 active Hatch threads running at one time.
      * You MAY NOT request any payment or gifts of any kind in exchange for hatching, either in the thread or later in-game. Accepting a freely-offered gift after a successful hatch is fine.

Agree, this rule should be stated, also to include incidents where someone private msgs and requests a gift. Or in the instance of offering an elixir to be bumped up a queue

Please make contact with your Hatch partner as soon as you can to complete your Hatch, and post the results of the Hatch in your thread.

ACCEPTING A HATCH:

* BEFORE you post accepting a Hatch be sure to have sufficient gold on the character for Hatching.
      * If you agree to the terms of the Offer, you must be able to meet for the Hatch within 5 days of posting.

This may be difficult for students and non US players, who have limited time on the game or are in a different zone. Furthermore, for those mixups that are intended for sequential hatching this will be impossible to meet.

* Do not spam a Hatch thread. If you dislike or don't agree with the terms of a Hatch then move on.

Agree

* If the Offer is breaking a forum rule or not following the Hatch guidelines, do not post in the thread, Report it.

I am assuming that you mean that they are spamming, or responding without offering to hatch

Handling a Hatch dispute:

When a Hatch is agreed upon, the parties should make contact as soon as possible, and a day/time should be set to meet in game. Please be considerate of each other and don't leave the other person waiting to complete the Hatch.

Post the meet-up details in the thread so everyone can verify them.

I know of many people who msg people privately with offers to help, this is often extended to sequential hatching and it is done on the condition that their help remains anonymous. There are 2 main reason that they do this, for their sake they do not want to be inundated and secondly they can help others within their real life constraints. This rule, may stop those people from hatching, which would not be a good thing as they are generally the ones picking up threads no-one responds to, new comers or those that are just starting off with pets

Please post the result after your Hatch. Other members may be curious as to the resulting pet’s new stats and talents, especially if considering a similar Hatch.

I am not sure what you mean when you refer to a similar hatch.

Say, Person A and Person B agree to hatch, result becomes Pet C. Then another person wants to hatch the their pet with the one Person A used, there is absolutely no bearing that the results from the 1st hatch will have on the second hatch. Just because both parties (B and C) may have a SPUDF and they both hatch with a critical pet, a one of hatch will guarantee a different result. I believe I provided results from a project where I was able to show that even with exact same pools, the results cannot be guaranteed. I am concerned with this as its setting up expectations and will open the doors for behaviors that may not be what you are after…..

Your posts of the results will also act as Feedback for others who may be considering Hatching with you or your Hatch partner, so please keep this in mind when detailing what happened.

If this is imposed, you will have more negative comments than positive comments. There has already been such threads in the past, only they will become more prevalent. One off hatches have a higher chance of failure. Personally, this suggestion alone will stop me from ever hatching with someone as a one off. I have no desire for the results of every single hatch I do to be posted publically. I can guarantee that from all the self-hatching I do, 75% of hatches will be considered “fail” by some people. Even if they were to get every single talent, if they don’t get the stat increase they will be disappointed. If they are upset they may unintentionally post something negative. Over time such comments will have a negative impact to how someone is perceived in the community, even though they help others out

The Forum Rule against naming another player negatively will still apply to this forum.

Violations of these Guidelines should be Reported to Forum Staff for investigation, but please understand that actions of players and disagreements in-game are not something we can control.

Many thnx David1822 (Avi) Kat (Sig)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast