• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Results 81 to 90 of 91
    1. #81
      Kayola9000's Avatar
        Kayola9000 is offline Initiate Wizard

      • Kayola9000's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mark Lifeshield
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Spike
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle
      Status: Casually Questing
       
      Mood:
      Fine
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      188
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      83
      Thanks (Received)
      116
      Gold
      41.00

      Exclamation Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      i feel like posting some addition, for storm pierce
      100% gear damage,
      10% shrike damage
      110% damage total
      about 500% critical (almost-actually 100% of the time critical)
      50 shrike pierce
      20% infallible tc pierce
      30% hades armor pierce
      20% extraordinary tc pierce
      10% stormspear
      6% elemental spear
      136% pierce total.
      so basically, a storm could feint and use insane bolt, and pretty much win right away (80% of the time)

      time to level up my storm!


      A very familiar place.

    2. #82
      Ashle's Avatar
        Ashle is offline Novice Wizard

      • Ashle's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ashley
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  95
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      Status: relaxing
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      17
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      0
      Thanks (Received)
      5
      Gold
      33.50

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      piedude919 - First let me say I'm sorry that at your level that they (W101) feel you have to be matched with one of us at max level of 95. We have access to spells you don't and health levels you don't. Personally I think these kinds of matches should never happen because of the obvious disadvantages. But as for Shrike being completely unfair, not even close. My level 90 fire had the joy of fighting an ice with immune to fire (100% resist), over 5,000 health and wearing a life amulet. With my hades gear/wand and infallible I can pierce about 46%. Considering he also had some nice fire towers, ice minion of course, because even with immunity he didn't feel safe and to boot he felt the need to cast Guardian Angel. Oh and over 200 block which stopped my critical. These kinds of "monsters" can be beaten and I have before, but they are very hard to beat, take a lot of time/patience, without Shrike. These kinds of people including Jade noobs are why Shrike is here. Try getting into a fight with an ice that has these stats and immunity to your school and tell me Shrike is not needed. No way.....
      Last edited by Ashle; 12-11-13 at 8:03:13 PM.

    3. #83
      LittyChan's Avatar
        LittyChan is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • LittyChan's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Christina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  95
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Desert Beast
      Status: Meep
       
      Mood:
      Mellow
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      124
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      70
      Thanks (Received)
      181
      Gold
      0.00

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      Quote Originally Posted by Ashle View Post
      piedude919 - First let me say I'm sorry that at your level that they (W101) feel you have to be matched with one of us at max level of 95. We have access to spells you don't and health levels you don't. Personally I think these kinds of matches should never happen because of the obvious disadvantages. But as for Shrike being completely unfair, not even close. My level 90 fire had the joy of fighting an ice with immune to fire (100% resist), over 5,000 health and wearing a life amulet. With my hades gear/wand and infallible I can pierce about 46%. Considering he also had some nice fire towers, ice minion of course, because even with immunity he didn't feel safe and to boot he felt the need to cast Guardian Angel. Oh and over 200 block which stopped my critical. These kinds of "monsters" can be beaten and I have before, but they are very hard to beat, take a lot of time/patience, without Shrike. These kinds of people including Jade noobs are why Shrike is here. Try getting into a fight with an ice that has these stats and immunity to your school and tell me Shrike is not needed. No way.....
      If people are feeling awry about high offensive and critical gear, it was all created to mainly counter the high defensive gear- such as immunity and Jade.

      Another reason shrike is not, unfair, is simply because the 50% pierce is there to nullify a single tower shield. This makes your shields even more important since if they are gone, your normal resistance will be pierced as well.

    4. #84
      StorySmith's Avatar
        StorySmith is offline Prodigious

      • StorySmith's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  StorySmith (Balance) Dreamstalker (Death)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  81
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      Status: Giant Hunters!
       
      Mood:
      Hungry
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      17,247
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3265
      Thanks (Received)
      13724
      Gold
      6,697.94
      Blog Entries
      65

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      Quote Originally Posted by LittyChan View Post
      If people are feeling awry about high offensive and critical gear, it was all created to mainly counter the high defensive gear- such as immunity and Jade.

      Another reason shrike is not, unfair, is simply because the 50% pierce is there to nullify a single tower shield. This makes your shields even more important since if they are gone, your normal resistance will be pierced as well.
      It is unfair if you don't have Jade Gear or immunity. And I would think that the majority of your opponents do not have jade gear or immunity to the school.

    5. #85
      Prince of Shadows's Avatar
        Prince of Shadows is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Prince of Shadows's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze Starforge, Angus ShadowSword, Talon Thundershield
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many to list
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  most of them, lol
      Status: Building dreams
       
      Mood:
      Busy
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      4,283
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      5839
      Thanks (Received)
      7084
      Gold
      248.50

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      It is completely fair. Anyone at that level can train it, and there are counters.
      If the problem is that that makes all 95+ stronger than lower levels, the problem is the matching system, not the spell. Higher levels will always have advantages.
      Last edited by Prince of Shadows; 12-12-13 at 1:11:35 PM.

    6. #86
      ShiKage's Avatar
        ShiKage is offline Legendary Wizard

      • ShiKage's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dakota Frostheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  80
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Boomer
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Magma Colossus (SPUD)
      Status: Sly as a fox.
       
      Mood:
      At Work
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      3,591
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1452
      Thanks (Received)
      2738
      Gold
      88.09
      Blog Entries
      5

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      These are the risks you accept as being a warlord at a lower level than max. You are bound to face these people and you should be prepared.

      [^ CLICK ^]

    7. #87
      Asian Power's Avatar
        Asian Power is offline Adept Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      671
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      77
      Thanks (Received)
      533
      Gold
      475.00

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      I am sorry for you to face a level 95, but since the game go by ranking and your ranks is high so it mean you have to be rdy to face any level.

    8. #88
      LittyChan's Avatar
        LittyChan is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • LittyChan's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Christina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  95
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Desert Beast
      Status: Meep
       
      Mood:
      Mellow
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      124
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      70
      Thanks (Received)
      181
      Gold
      0.00

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      Quote Originally Posted by StorySmith View Post
      It is unfair if you don't have Jade Gear or immunity. And I would think that the majority of your opponents do not have jade gear or immunity to the school.
      By all means, it's the matching system that's unfair, pairing up people with great advantages. Shrike, in addition to backlash and the inability to further defend with the use of shields and heal depletion, makes the spell easy to counter.


    9. #89
      StorySmith's Avatar
        StorySmith is offline Prodigious

      • StorySmith's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  StorySmith (Balance) Dreamstalker (Death)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  81
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      Status: Giant Hunters!
       
      Mood:
      Hungry
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Posts
      17,247
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3265
      Thanks (Received)
      13724
      Gold
      6,697.94
      Blog Entries
      65

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      Quote Originally Posted by LittyChan View Post
      By all means, it's the matching system that's unfair, pairing up people with great advantages. Shrike, in addition to backlash and the inability to further defend with the use of shields and heal depletion, makes the spell easy to counter.
      I'm not talking about the matching system, although that is of concern, seeing as Iceflammy just posted about Overlord grandmasters having to fight against Overloard Prometheans.

      Jade Gear is hoard pack gear. Not everyone is going to have a full set of hoard pack gear.

      Immunity takes work. I don't think there's any gear set-up that will give you full immunity in the game without a pet with specific resist talents.

      Why do you go in with the assumption that you're going to fight people with Jade gear or immunity?

      I would think that unless you are doing KI tournaments, most opponents are not using Jade gear or immunity. And even in the tournaments, a good number is using high damage, high pierce set-ups.

      Backlash is laughable as a preventative measure against Shrike.

      In any case, back to the matching system, if you agree, IS not working out. So why put in something to make it even worse of an experience? Ranked PVP has been on a steady decline for a while now. That resurgence in mid level PVP may be ending.
      Last edited by StorySmith; 12-14-13 at 2:33:11 AM.

    10. #90
      warprat's Avatar
        warprat is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      60
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      39
      Thanks (Received)
      63
      Gold
      167.18

      Re: Shadow Shrike completely unfair for PvP

      I don't play PvP very much, because of the high resists people spam all over the place. Used to be only Ice could get a high resist, but now and for a while I just see low level Warlords in the bazaar with 50+% resist that would make an Ice Wizard blush.

      Well, I for one am glad that KI has switched up the game. First criticals, now piercing. Rock, paper or scissors. You could see it coming a mile away...

      Well, I'm hoping that pets get Shrike soon, that way those low level warlords might have a real challenge on their hands. Might level the playing field a bit. And won't hurt newbie players a bit, cause their resist is at normal levels anyway, like it should be.

      I think KI is doing a brilliant job with this, making PvP go full circle. Keep up the good work guys!

    Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •