Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Small Stacked Plots With Video

Hello everyone,

I have found a way to garden small plots stacked, I have limited amount of energy on my balance wizard, so I only have 55 plots but only 52 can be planted, He currently has 104 energy. In video I put items needed, you may go ALLOT bigger but I am limited on energy. Thank you, and hope this helps, Happy Gardening.

The ending to the video was cut off to short, it shows my plots BUT does NOT show that seeds can be planted. So I have put to pictures below.
      Last edited by David LifeMender; 11-12-13 at 3:15:40 AM.

They say "GOOD" things come to those who wait, I say YEAH NOTHING. David LifeMender

R3VOLT97 is offline Magus Wizard

• R3VOLT97's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alexander NightHunter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  JASPER
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  NightWalker

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Small Stacked Plots With Video

Thanks

AngusFiredust is offline Magus Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Vegged Out

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

David,

I hate to rain on your parade, but in my opinion, concerning small plots, if you are going to plant more than 25, and you have plenty of space, there is no point in stacking.

Lets go over the numbers; for a large area gardening spell the limit on number of treatable plants is 69, for a medium area spell, its 25, and for the single I guess it is one.

After KI fixed the spacing on small plots, and after I found out that the limit on large area spells was 69, I decided to try to see what I could do. I created a garden of 9 rows by 9 columns on the ground, or 81. Then I had to get to 69. 81-69 = 12. Hmm, I thought, and 12/4 is 3. So I tried knocking three plots off each corner. Will wouldn't you know, the area of the large circle fits right around that garden! Yes! I am under the opinion that is how KI came up with 69.

Some time later, I had interest in doing the Red Huckleberry->Pink Huckleberry->DHE trick. Only good luck in trying to get 81 Reds. Good luck trying to get 25 for that matter. But I did get 6 Reds, and with them I could get to 25 Pinks.

And then I eventually figured it out, you can create 3x3 by 3 layer of small plots, and that is 27. Remove two, and you have 25. I remove the center middle level and center bottom level so I can use a flag pole as an aim point. (I will need to get online to tell you which, I keep on forgetting). My point is, you can stack small plots, but only up to 25 does it make sense.

So ... the moment you go over 25,you have to use the large area spell, and if you are going to use the large area spell, you might as well leave them on the ground, aiming is so much easier, planting is easier, KI will help you if something goes on.

So, to sum it up, in my opinion for small plots only ....
      1 - Single spells. At least try to get them close to something else so you can share pest spells. Waste of time in my opinion.
      2-9 - leave them on the ground, and use medium
      10 - If you are tricky, you can get 10 on the ground, but aiming is difficult. Medium spells
      11-25 - stack them, three by three by three levels, and knock two out, and use medium spells.
      26-69 - Leave them on the ground, 9x9, and remove 12, 3 from each corner, and use large area spells.
      70+ - you are fooling yourself. Don't do it.

This of course assumes you are like me and are trying to maximize the use of green energy. If if want to do weird or unique gardens, have fun!

Like David said, certain seeds have many needs, and you can run out of green especially when using large area spells. This is when you want to back down to medium spells, no more than 25 seeds and stack, or 9 if you don't want to stack. For instance, Sour Fickle Pickle could really stretch you. You can also have issues in trying to plant that many seeds. I have found that with a level 90, and Splendid Gear, and green boosting ring and athame, my level 90's have something like 137 green, it takes 138 green to plant 69 seeds, and because it takes time to get them all in, you can the +1 more green to finish planting them.

And again, a general reminder - Stacking has issues! KI will give you no help if you stack, it is not officially supported. Stack at your own risk!
      Last edited by AngusFiredust; 11-11-13 at 1:13:49 PM.

David LifeMender is offline Master Wizard

• David LifeMender's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David LifeMender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pet Of Many

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thank you for your input, but I am in dyer need of progressing massive amounts of blades, I have done many, many searches to find something with stacking small plots and to my surprise there is NOTHING, NO pictures, NO video, so I figured why not go with something like stacking, (( AND share my idea with EVERYONE )),yes I agree that large area spell covers approx 25 plants but then I would have to garden on another wizard, then another wizard 25, then another wizard to satisfy my desperation for blades.

So this is why I have decided to stack my garden on my balance wizard, and to be able to continue on my ice with CPS, storm with DHES, and EMPS. and death with KPS for diamonds (( yes diamonds NOT amber )).

Thanks again

They say "GOOD" things come to those who wait, I say YEAH NOTHING. David LifeMender

amber560 is offline Magus Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

[QUOTE=David LifeMender;4713969]
      I am in dyer need of progressing massive amounts of blades, [/QUOTE]

To begin with, if you are in need of "massive amount of blade", IMHO you have chosen the wrong plant to grow. Honey Sickle is a much better plant to garden for blades. They grow faster than Fickle Pickles and drop exclusively blades and gold. They are also cheaper in energy expense to grow. The only advantage i see in growing Pickles is they are a little bit easier to acquire the seeds, usually being available in the bazaar. Honey Sickle requires just a little more effort to gather a full plot of 69 seeds. But if you spend just a couple hours in the bazaar on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, Honey Sickle seeds appear quite often there. All you need do is refresh the page repeatedly, and be quick when a seed appears to grab it. They are also a very common drop from a lot of mob battles. That is why they appear so often in the bazaar, wizards that don't garden sell the seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by David LifeMender View Post
      yes I agree that large area spell covers approx 25 plants but then I would have to garden on another wizard, then another wizard 25, then another wizard to satisfy my desperation for blades.

So this is why I have decided to stack my garden on my balance wizard, and to be able to continue on my ice with CPS, storm with DHES, and EMPS. and death with KPS for diamonds.
      A Large area spell covers 69 Plants. A Medium area spell covers 25 plants. I think you have missed Angus's point. If your garden is more than 25 plants, there is simply no need to stack them. Any more than 25 plants is going to require a large area spell. Since the most plants you can have to be covered by a large area spell is 69...69 plants requiring small soil plots will fit in one layer on the ground and still be inside your large area spell. No need to worrying about an aiming point to lift your spell off the ground, and a lot less hassle building the plot itself.

Now saying all that, your technique could be very useful in building a stacked plot for a medium spell. I'm about to attempt building one for my sister's red huckleberry garden. Since huckleberries are one of the plants that most gardeners use the wilt and revive method, and since gathering 25 red huckleberry seeds is a major accomplishment in itself, a stacked garden of 25 small plots would be very useful.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  David LifeMender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pet Of Many

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I needed something fast, fickle pickle was a last resort by all means, 2,400 for 1 seed sold by Farley that's 124,800 (( bought in bazaar cheaper )), and as for honey sickles its 2,700 for 1 that's 140,400 (( for 52 Honey Sickle or Fickle Pickle )), I am trying ATM to NOT be able to use fickle pickles, and was a waste of energy even AND stacking small enhanced soil.

I have even farmed MOBS, upon MOBS in hopes to get Honey Sickles, with NO SUCCESS approx 4 hours I have spent farming and farming, UPON farming, with NO LUCK WHATSOEVER.

parker89 is offline Transcendent Wizard

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

the easiest way is to just use crates.

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I needed something fast, fickle pickle was a last resort by all means, 2,400 for 1 seed sold by Farley that's 124,800 (( bought in bazaar cheaper )), and as for honey sickles its 2,700 for 1 that's 140,400 (( for 52 Honey Sickle or Fickle Pickle )), I am trying ATM to NOT be able to use fickle pickles, and was a waste of energy even AND stacking small enhanced soil.

I have even farmed MOBS, upon MOBS in hopes to get Honey Sickles, with NO SUCCESS approx 4 hours I have spent farming and farming, UPON farming, with NO LUCK WHATSOEVER.

Well, I had assumed that as with most gardeners, gold was not a serious issue. Although I must admit that after keeping a honey sickle plot going on constant rotation for about 3 weeks now, even my gold reserves are becoming a bit depleted. But at the same time, after just 3 weeks I now have one of my storage wizards filled to max with nothing but blades. Plus the three wizards that I currently am using are all well stocked with their blades. I can stop now for a couple weeks and replenish my gold reserves easily. Honey sickle give you nothing but blades and gold. I get two mature harvest before they elder, that usually gives me about 50 to 60 blades on average. At elder you are guaranteed two blades for every plant. That is 138 blades, for a total of 188 blades every 3 days. ( a little less than 3 days if you watch their progression closely). That also includes balance blades at the elder harvest.

I don't waste my time farming for seeds, just easier to jam the bazaar for them. I generally leave two of my wizards at the bazaar so that they appear there first whenever I use them. I spend just a couple of minutes refreshing the seed page and normally come away with two or three seeds every time. Best way to do it is to hit the seed icon, which refreshes the page, and then hit the # icon at the top of the column for seed quantity. That will reorder the seeds so that the seeds of the fewest number come straight to the top. If nothing wanted is there, hit the seed icon again and keep repeating, takes about 2 seconds to refresh each cycle. Mid afternoon on weekends is always a great time to jam the bazaar. I can usually gather a full plot of seeds in only an hour or two.

If you are going to farm them, best bet are the mobs in GH. Easy and fast to kill and Honey Sickle is a very common drop there. Plus you may get lucky and pick up a few Couch Potatoes also.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  David LifeMender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pet Of Many

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parker89 View Post
      the easiest way is to just use crates.
      That is easier said then done, if you FIND a way to stack small plots with crates, PLEASE do tell.

----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

That is easier said then done, if you FIND a way to stack small plots with crates, PLEASE do tell.
      A small soil plot fits very nicely on top of one crate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast