----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The Hoarding Huckleberry Hustlers.

Do you like to hatch pets and garden? Is your supply of mega snacks constantly low because your a poverty wizard and can't afford those uber expensive mega snack packs in the crowns shop and/or don't have enough mega snack dropping seeds? Would you like to be able to quickly build up a large 69 plot garden full of mega snack dropping crowns seed without having to sell a kidney or spend months and months of grinding? If you have answered yes to these questions, then please allow me to introduce my new guild, the Huckleberry Hustlers.

Ok, so, after reading the first sentence of this paragraph you may be wondering "what the heck do Huckleberries have to do with mega snacks and why should I bother wasting my time with this guild?". Well Huckleberries have nothing to do with mega snacks... at least directly. But if you have ever planted them then you should know that Red Huckleberries have a chance of dropping Pink Huckleberries at both mature and elder harvests. And those Pink Huckleberries have a chance of dropping Deadly Helephant Ears at both mature and elder harvests. By using the "wilt and revive" method, it is possible for one Red to drop multiple Pinks before it eventually becomes "exhausted" and produces no more mature harvests. The same principal applies to Pinks, each is capable of dropping more than one DHE over its lifespan, and in my experience, your more or less guaranteed to get at least one. What this boils down to, is with a little patience, one Red could easily drop two Pinks, and if two Pinks each dropped two DHE's then each Red is potentially worth 4 DHE seed with the possibility of more. This means that potentially the most valuable seeds in the entire spiral are Red Huckleberries.

Sound good so far?

In my time across the spiral, I have searched high and low for certain bosses that routinely drop both Red and Pinks. Up until recently I have yet to find a decent source for them, all the bosses were either too much of a pain to solo with a very small chance at a drop. Finally though I hit paydirt... the Pendragon in Avalon. I have been hitting him hard and heavy for the last week and he has been rewarding me by dropping them like crazy. I would say that my drop rate of either a pink or red is around 35% per solo battle. The really nice thing is with the right gear the Pendragon only takes around 5 rounds to kill. But there is a catch... if you want to quickly farm the Pendragon, you need two pieces of gear that gives two special spells that uses the bosses own cheats against him.

The first piece of gear is Token of the Underworld Sun. This is a Aztecan crafted amulet (recipe available from Yaxche) which gives the myth Shift item card. At the start of the battle the Pendragon casts a life dispel. If you have first turn advantage (which normally is given if your solo) the first thing you do is cast empowerment. This will quickly give you the noob pips to use shift and the kill spell irregardless of your school. On the Pendragon's turn of the first round, he will cast a zero pip fire dragon that has infinite ticks. So on the second round all that is needed to do is to cast the Shift item card that moves the fire dragon DOT back over onto him. All that is left to do is to wait about two more turns and use the fire school Detonate item card for the kill. This is provided the Mother's New Moon Athame, found as a drop in Azteca. When detonate is used against the Pendragon, it instantly kills him. Of course if the Pendragon has first turn advantage you must be very careful that he has less than 8 pips when you cast Shift because he is likely to pop off a Skeletal Dragon resulting in the wrong spell being shifted. That is why I always carry a couple triages in my side deck. Currently I have both the Shift and Detonate item card giving gear on my Promethean Storm wizard.

But the problem is that from start to the death of the Pendragon and back out the door solo takes around 15-18 minutes... and that is why I'm forming this guild/clan whatever you want to call it. To reach the Pendragon you have to kill four of each of the Hart Lancers and Great Horned Knights. Unfortunately my critical on my storm wizard is not sufficient to get good kills so I have to triple blade with the Hart Lancers. The Great Horned Knights also give issues because they like to Efreet.

What I need is a few like-minded wizards willing to put in a little time and effort say 2-3x runs per day. With three Aztecan/Promethean level wizards running this dungeon I believe it possible to cut the time of each run on the Pendragon down to 8-10 minutes tops. Right now, my goal is to do a total of around 10 runs per day in an effort to get at least one red and two pinks per day, more if possible. Ideally I would like to have about 20 Reds going in a stacked garden continuously churning out Pinks. With such an arrangement once all the reds are in place the need to farm for more pinks is negated for a while.

Ok, if you are still not convinced to join, check this out... the mobs on the way to the Pendragon themselves drop DHE's:

And a few shots of my little Huckleberry patch with FOV:

And to seal the deal, this is what you can get for 10 minutes worth of work... not as good as halfang, but should be worth one DHE at least:

Ok now that I have the sales pitch out of the way, let me talk about membership and how the battles work. This guild is meant to be a loose knit organization of like minded wizards who are willing to work to achieve the same goal in the least amount of time possible. Anyone is welcome to join as long as they have previously completed the Keep of Ganelon instance. They are also welcome to bring low level guests, although it is thier responsibility to bring them in and ensure they stay alive. There are no other formalities such as specific dress or gear, however participants are encouraged to to utilize the M4H farming method, i.e. pick a designated hitter, carry a very light spell deck, buff the hitter and let them do the killing so as the duel can be finished in the least amount of turns possible. As an example I use these two decks for mobs and pendragon respectively to avoid haivng to pass:

Well thats about all I got. If you want to join, just put a post on here listing the times you are generally online or whenever it is convenient for you to go on a run and we can start forming up some teams and farming run times.
      Attached Images Attached Images       

icehammer1112 is offline Initiate Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: The Hoarding Huckleberry Hustlers.

Blaze / Evil Lurker-

First off, thank you very much for your post, it's saved me from a major rage!

I finally stumbled upon the Red Huckleberries > Pink Huckleberries > Deadly Helephant Ears as a non-crown mega snack strategy a couple weeks ago. Was interested in making a change since I felt like I needed to visit my prickly bears all the time.

It sounded like the drop rate was the same between all the bosses, so I spent about 2 full days farming Ogre and a few others with 2 wizards. Only got about 3-4 Red/Pink Hucks the whole time.

After reading you post, I tried Pendragon several times and can confirm that the drop rate is MUCH higher. I believe he drops a seed each battle, so you just have to hope it's the Red or Pink Hucks ("blue again, what!?" ). Using 2 Wizards, I'm probably averaging a little under 1 huck per battle total, which seems consistent with your 35% estimate.

Would agree with you that the dungeon can be done very quickly with a max storm as part of a group. Some thoughts on the individual battles when I use a max storm and one other helping wizard:

1. First battle against fire can be done in 3 rounds tops. I've also noticed that the game is okay if I only fight 3 rather than 4 (rounding error?)
      Helping wizard: regular elemental blades, sharp elemental blades and dragonblade on storm
      Storm Wizard: regular stormblade, sharp stormblade and colossal tempest

2. Second battle can usually be done in 2 rounds except if storm gets efreet (again it seems to think that defeating 3 is "close enough"). Helping wizard may want to carry TC cleanse charm just in case
      Helping wizard: regular elemental blades and sharp elemental blades on storm
      Storm Wizard: any stormblade and colossal tempest

3. For the Pendragon battle, I crafted one Azteca amulet with shift and one with detonate. If going first, I just do them on round 3 with both wizards. if going second, I wait until he has less than 8 pips and hit (thanks for the skeletal dragon tip).

With 3 wizards, I assume we could do first battle in 2 rounds and have the first wizard group stun to go faster.

I was getting a lot of pink/red huckleberries before, perhaps I was getting them instead of you! But they have slowed a bit (perhaps someone else read your post!). I'll see if it's just random or a trend.

If you know how to private message someone let me know when you want to meet up, as I am trying to get to the magic 20 or 30 (up to about 11 so far!).

Thanks again.

Angel Eyes is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Angel Eyes's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dingbat
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Useless Git
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Something with a feint

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Mon-Thurs 9-12 pm EST

Cheryl Crow 90 Storm

sixpence is offline Adept Wizard

• sixpence's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Nightmask
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lucy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  storm seal

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I wouldn't mind joining in. Timothy Nightmask Level 90 Ice. Times Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm central to 6pm central.

Roppleton is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Roppleton's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alric Dream
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Samoorai

Mood:
      Cool2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hey I'm up for farming pm with a date and time. I got a 90 storm and fire.
      Last edited by Roppleton; 9-22-13 at 12:32:38 AM.

Card Master is offline Initiate Wizard

• Card Master's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tyler RavenSheild
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound

Mood:
      Down

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

May I join? Tyler, level 87 storm. 2pm-10pm mountain time Monday-Friday.
      Thanks!
      Last edited by Card Master; 9-22-13 at 1:05:27 AM.
      made by ​me. AdultPets Graphics Shop

Rivaille is offline Magus Wizard

• Rivaille's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destiny Blood
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Sassy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Honey Badger

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hi there! I have a Prom fire that would love to join this fun clan I'm usually on at any time after 3:00 PM Pacific Time from Mondays and Tuesdays, 4:00 PM Pacific on Wednesdays - Fridays and am pretty flexible on the weekends (though it really depends on how the week turns out).

A good strategy that I usually do is a stormxfire combo. First, we put on our max critical/damage gear on for the mobs. Don't even blade, just spam. Afterwards, when we finally get to the Pendragon, storm goes first than fire. Fire puts in max detonate. Storm uses the Shift ammy and a myth mastery. This can all be done in one round tops. Storm shifts while Fire detonates. For fire, I always like to use my Sidhe staff to guarantee that I won't pip fail or fizzle.

i eat nails for breakfast

Evil Lurker is offline Master Wizard

• Evil Lurker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jared Windbreaker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  LuLu
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Ok for the last four days or so I have been sick... well not so much sick but rather sick of running the Pendragon. I decided to take a little mini vacation and have been juggling a stack of CP's, a stack of DHE's and Honey Sickles, and a plot of hucks on my Storm wiz. Thank goodness for energy gear... I'd never have been able to do it without it!

Right now I have 8 Red and 6 Pink going into their third wilt cycle on my Life wiz and 7 Reds and 24 Pinks on my storm. This brings me up to a grand total of 45 Hucks going! Things are beginning to snowball, I'm getting a couple Pinks every day off my reds, and I average about one DHE per day from my Pinks. I think when I started out with my little Huckleberry adventure I had a total of 17 DHE and now I'm up to 30.

I need to go back to farming now that I can take off my energy gear. I'd like to have another 10-15 reds from the Pendragon pumping out pinks before I go back to passive farming.
      Attached Images Attached Images   

My Wizards:
      Blaze Shadowrider - Isaiah Nightweave - Fred Windbreaker
      Gavin Rainbowblossum - Elijah Hawksword

liaiwei is offline Novice Wizard

• liaiwei's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Grace Firesmith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mystic Beast

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Huckleberries...maybe there are malevolent spirits...you should try this Chinese chi spell.
      It goes yaomouguiguai kuaidian zuo

good luck
      Eka fricai un shur'tugal

-grace
      Yesterday was history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.

Evil Lurker is offline Master Wizard

• Evil Lurker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jared Windbreaker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  LuLu
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by liaiwei View Post
      Huckleberries...maybe there are malevolent spirits...you should try this Chinese chi spell.
      It goes yaomouguiguai kuaidian zuo

good luck
      Eka fricai un shur'tugal
      -grace
      Tried it and it didn't work unfortunately... I think I also injured my tongue in the attempt.

My Wizards:
      Blaze Shadowrider - Isaiah Nightweave - Fred Windbreaker
      Gavin Rainbowblossum - Elijah Hawksword

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast