• PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • View Poll Results: Which of the following statements do you most agree with?

Voters
    101. You may not vote on this poll
    • I am happy with the pet-system. I have developed many perfect pets. I hatch regularly.

20 19.80%
    • I hatch often, but I donít really know how to develop pets. I lucked out on getting my best pets.

36 35.64%
    • I rarely hatch. If I could change improve my battle-pet I would, but I'll just live with it.

16 15.84%
    • I donít have what others would call a "good" pet. I have no interest in pet-hatching at all.

2 1.98%
    • None of the above statements capture my feelings about the pet-system. (Please explain in a post)

27 26.73%
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
        MisterGamerDude is offline Journeyman Wizard

• MisterGamerDude's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Death
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Premier Porker
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: [Satisfaction Survey] Which of the following statements do you most agree with?

I feel like a have a decent pet, but I don't hatch often and don't like putting in the time it takes to monotonously train a pet.

Marc1 is offline Adept Wizard

• Marc1's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaine Jadesmith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many :I
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  different kinds

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: [Satisfaction Survey] Which of the following statements do you most agree with?

I had to vote for one, because I hatch regularly and have developed some nice pets. There have been said many things about the pet system......but it sure does keep us hatching for new talents, new pets, better stats...The randomfactor(or what you want to call it) that is responsable for all the faills and not too many "perfect" pets, forces us to hatch over and over again to strenghten wanted talents and try to keep unwanted talents weak or hatch them out of the offspring.. I can live with that system.....But the resources you need to train all the pets to epic and mega level are for regular(younger players) a major burden to take... So it lowers their motivation to work for a good megapet and more important for the game itself. Only the ones that have the gardens and money to sustain their resources can deliver mega pets almost at will. To me that should change and alter the system so players with less resources can have a better chance to go for the higher level pet too.
      Last edited by Marc1; 6-14-13 at 2:59:38 PM.

IceFlameyyy is offline Legendary Wizard

• IceFlameyyy's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Joseph- Dreamthief, Titanblood, Iceflame, Stormflame, Owlblood, Dragonheart, Spiritthief,
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well I voted the top one as I do enjoy hatching and have many perfect pets, then after some thinking I decided I probably should have voted for the bottom one for one reason, that reason being crowns. I usually have crowns and because of those crowns I have 50 EMPs and 25 couches many energy elixirs and hatching resets. I see where its frustrating for some people who used all their mega snacks from their PBCs because they don't have peas or couches. When a pet fails for me I don't look at it as a big deal those snacks that I just lost I will have back in a couple days. In the end the system will always be easier with crowns. I recently started a new account I already can see how hard it is without huge gardens to supply you with gold and snacks. I still enjoy the pet system but I understand how hard it can be now.

Edit-I just read Marc1's reply and thats what I am trying to say he wrote it much nicer then me though :P
      Last edited by IceFlameyyy; 6-14-13 at 7:34:21 PM.

~bae~

Lunar Knight is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Lunar Knight's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jason Pearlbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Storm Beetle

Mood:
      Busy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I rarely hatch and I'm unhappy with the system. Pet training was supposed to be fun! Now it's just a bulk that is necessary for survival in both PvP and PvE.

daniellenc is offline Master Wizard

• daniellenc's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Danielle Lifebreaker, Iridian Iceheart, Alia Battlesword, Sestiva Mythtalon, Danielle Stormwraith,
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
      ----

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>swordlily View Post
      Ooooops. Sorry guys; I should have asked somebody to proofread the poll before posting it. Oh well, at least the presence of the last option sort of makes up for the lack of this option. (And thank you all for being so articulate!)

o; Will you take a look at my Mammoth Case-Study thread and let me know what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to mimic the methods I've been seeing, to "weaken" talents that I don't want and "strengthen" the ones that I want, but already I've had one epic fail and several adult fails. I know how to read talent-pools and I can tell when the talents I want are in the pool of a pet, but it seems like the talents that actually manifest are always random no matter what I try.

(Btw, in case it isn't obvious, personally I voted for option two.)
      Your not doing anything wrong you just picked quite the challenge lol. Usually I am copying one pet over to a first gen new pet so I have everything I need on one pet and even a back up to kick out yucky talents. When picking 2 talents from one pet and two talents from another both having undesired slots you have a larger job ahead of you. I have done it myself but look forward seriously to 50 plus hatches and lots of getting the wrong pet back Use that epic pet though having 4 of 5 is good then figure out which pet is giving the off talent you don't want and kick it to the curb. Then you will have some other yucky talent creep in and have to do the same, lol it just is a rougher road when trying to onlu select 2 talents from 2 different pets to carry in especially when neither was perfect to start with. Each is giving you 16 talents now you don't want so the odds are not your friend
      "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof."

StorySmith is offline Prodigious

• StorySmith's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  StorySmith (Balance) Dreamstalker (Death)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Hungry

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

There was no answer that fit my sentiment so I chose #3. I feel that I do have a good understanding of the pet system, but I do not hatch frequently and I still slow train with Rank 4 - 6 snacks, sometimes up to Mega. So it can take me up to 3 months or more to be training a pet. By that time Test Realm is usually up, so if I did any hatches, I know what they got. I certainly can "settle" with the pets I use, even if they are not "perfect." They are "good enough."

I think the pet system has a lot of trial and error. I think I spend enough time with pet system (playing pet games) that I don't want to be spending my time hatching and destroying pets. I think I spend enough time gardening and my idea of fun is not industrial gardening. This part of the game is Toil. Now I suppose it's fun for some people and they don't see it as Toil.

I hatch for new talents. I have projects but I am comfortable going months or years developing these pets. I am still working on the DeathBat, which took me 3 years just to farm it out of the Death Oni. I have a STPUD and a SSPUD and one with Power Up but I still don't have a SPLUD Death Bat.

I don't see the urgency, particularly. I was one of the first to get Spritely, so I did have a SPD early on. But after that, it was more important that my PVP partner had SPD, so that it would be better for us as a team. It is not that I don't want a SPUD, but if I have a good SPPD with high resist, I'll take that over a low stat SPUD.

Right now I don't have a SPUDF and I recognized that I had a disadvantage, but I don't see that as a reason to stop PvP. It's the same when I didn't have Defy or didn't have Sprite. Or in PvE, I could have a better PvE pet. I still do fine. And in PvP, we had a lot more disadvantages than getting outpetted and still could pull off a win.

Stephanie Dawnheart is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Stephanie Dawnheart's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Darkheart (death), Duneheart (balance), Dragonheart (storm), Dawnheart (life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Star
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  various

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>daniellenc View Post
      You're not doing anything wrong you just picked quite the challenge lol.
      So there's nothing wrong with my strategy? I'm already minimizing my chances of failure by choosing pets that have manifested talents I want?

In the first post I mixed my Gargantuan and Defy pet with my friend's Proof, Defy, Unicorn and Fairy pet. Fail #1 got Pips, Fail #2 got Smokescreen. I know where those talents came from but that doesn't help me, strategy-wise, at all, because the talents were unmanifested. Every pet has unmanifested talents that I do not want.

Then there were the most recent 3 fails. Defy and Fairy + Proof and Unicorn = Sharp-shot? then Pain-giver? then Pips? Why are the manifested talents not manifesting in the offspring?

I don't get it. The whole system is just too random and too much like gambling. There's too little strategy involved. I try to pick the best parents possible but the offspring is still hopelessly random.

Quote Originally Posted by StorySmith View Post
      in PvP, we had a lot more disadvantages than getting outpetted and still could pull off a win.
      I like your use of "outpetted." XD
      Last edited by Stephanie Dawnheart; 6-15-13 at 6:04:08 PM.
      STEPHANIE DAWNHEART a.k.a. DANDY STEPHANIE

Dawnheart-125 life | Dragonheart-125 storm | Darkheart-125 death | Duneheart-125 bal

Nicole RainbowFist is offline Magus Wizard

• Nicole RainbowFist's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nicole RainbowFist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Winston
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I had to get help with my first actual good pet. I have no idea how to develop a pet as the post puts it. If there weren't people on central who put their pets up for hatching, I would still be stuck with my lame colossus. After I got one good pet, I could find some pets to hatch with and kind of stumbled upon a few really good pets. I am not entirely happy with the current pet system, but obviously some people have it figured out since I see a lot of really good epic and mega pets out there, I just don't like the process of developing your perfect pet to take so much time and disappointment. Therefore, I settle for a pet with all desirable talents rather than a pet with the exact set of talents that I want.

Nicole WindRider Nicole SkySinger Nicole RainbowFist Nicole ThunderBlade Grace RavenBane
      Sig and avi by Brian TitanBlade

TheDustbin is offline Journeyman Wizard

• TheDustbin's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Rowan Icewraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Marley, Lord Oliver
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Red Ghost, White Owl

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have many wonderful pets ( I guess whether or not any of them is perfect depends on individual preference), I hatch to help others and others have hatched to help me. ( Thank you ) I find the pet system to be very frustrating, exhausting, tedious, etc. etc. Training to mega requires a huge time investment even with mega snacks, the pet training games are the type of games I would never choose to play otherwise, and frankly on occasion I get burnt out from it and just stop playing the game. I already have a full time job, I don't want my "fun time" to feel like another full time job.

That being said, so far I have wandered back eventually each time I have wandered off, I have really enjoyed those times I was able to help someone get something they really wanted, and I have danced around the room like a 5 year old at Christmas when I have been able to end up with something wonderful for me.

While I firmly believe with no work it wouldn't be fun, I would really like to see more balance between the fun and the work of pet training/hatching. Right now it's a bit lopsided.
      Last edited by TheDustbin; 6-15-13 at 6:58:13 PM.

Lady Hera is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Lady Hera's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chelsea
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Molly
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I hatch often, but only have one perfect SPUDF pet. I don't think I will go any further though. Of course, there are a lot of other great talents out there that would be great to have, but getting that one pet to mega was enough for me. My hatches now, I only take to adult. If they get a talent I'd really like, I might continue it. But most of them get Fairy, or Spritely, or Unicorn, and I seriously have about a billion pets with those talents.

Siggy by victoriabrooke

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast