•  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Wizard101 is going down down down, and Myth school leading the way.

First of all wizard101 has reached a point were it become way to tough and hardcore for the target audience. Storm was capable of soloing up to most of Avalon with reasonable skill. Now here comes Azteca. It pain for storm to even solo. Sure it suppose to be a challenge but some schools are loosing there ability to solo. I understand kingsisle want wizards to work together more but geez remember not everyone wants to solo or can solo instances.

Pets and pvp is the main blame. So many people including myself and have these wonder pets that capable of keeping us alive. Why should things be harder as a person with a non spud or quad heal pet because those with these great pets are finding content way to easy? Why is it that pvp makes the game. I for one like both. But i do spend my for the storyline and side worlds. Kingisle need stop nerfing spells because they become overpowered in pvp. Some schools are designed for the arena. Others are simply not. But with strategy you can with with other schools. But face it some school will never be on the same level without more personal skill in pvp then others. So bottom line pvp wise face the fact some schools just wont excel with pvp like others will. Stop taking nerf bat to good spells.

What up with the reshuffle deal? I one for matches that don't last forever, but do ki realize that life and balance Masters are the highest selling amulets? Why take away a goldmine and effective strategy? The loss in sells will hit us the customer one way or another. That why ki cant sell new things for gold. Making up there losses huh? What do ki think, huh? Parents and 12 yr old are made of money?! It ok to have items be gold to that are not garbage and that people would like.

Finally the myth school. People may say some schools arent unique anymore. But myth is very much on it way from disappearing from future updates. Myth may be pvp strpng but what good is that if you cant kill effectively in groups? The frog argument is terrible. It a pain to use blades when most enemies are capable of destroying and removing blades or debuffing your spells till the point there not even effective anymore. Enemies are now shielding against other schools in there class and using other of class spells.Why should myth have to wait for a minion or Aoe that can hold up to what against them 100 levels after any school? Group wise myth never been able to do over 325 maybe base damage to all enemies since the game started. Where myth share of the pie? why hasnt ki given myth the things it really needs to survive outside the arena?

Please ki if you care. In the next major update. Please give wizards the tools they need to make life easier. Examples could be:

Life and Death - 4 pip Aoe

Myth- A suitable minion and Aoe

The list and examples go on. Here your chance to impress your customers please dont drop the ball on this one. Pirate101 get so much attention. You always know what going on. And updates or changes to the game is told to you that night. I glad you really are vocal in pirate101. But don't forget the game the started it all for you. One which most people wont leave!

shellbell33 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• shellbell33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Michelle Moonweaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lady Hailey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Flamenco
      ----

Mood:
      Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Wizard101 is going down down down, and Myth school leading the way.

This is what I don't understand...

Most people complain that it's too easy and it gets boring. So What does KI Do? make a world that is actually challenging and hard to beat.

And what do said people. Still complain only this time it's too hard...And Think about the kids, it's gonna be hard for them.

Yeah said kids who play video games on their xbox, wii, playstation 3 with games that are so much harder.

KI is giving us more complex and difficult worlds. And as it should be. We're level 90. We shouldn't have worlds that are too easy to deal with especially when we're that high up.

I made it through Azteca with my Ice with a friend and mostly soloed on my death. Death just rocks that way plus the fact that I can damage and heal at the same time it wasn't that bad at all.

Now I'm working on Storm. She's only in Marleybone at the moment and My friend who did finish Azteca said it was hard on his storm and needed help. When I get there I'm going to ask for a questing buddy to help me with Azteca.

Point I'm trying to make is. The worlds are only gonna get tougher and harder to beat. And really that again is as it should. We're getting more powerful spells when used correctly ie, sharpen blades, blades, tri blades, balance blades, traps, feints, potent traps, potent feints, etc...I've done over 30,000 damage on a boss alone on my death because I set it up correctly.

But for the younger kids, and I can see where you saying for younger kids it might be difficult for them. But you know what. Don't underestimate the mind of a child. Children often surprises you. They can ask for help. Actually it would be better for them to ask for help. Learn teamwork, social kills while being safe at the same time. They're are wakkos in the game after all and that is sad. But that is with all games actually.

There are ways to get through a world. Not each school can get through Azteca solo and some bosses you can't even solo. Belloq Twin Giants for example and Xibalba is the other.

I've seen where people can do it by themselves and kudos to them. But there is no shame to ask for help. I'll be happy to help on my ice or death.

But I don't think Wizard 101 is going down. And as for Myth. I've seen great Myth players out there who can kick butt. Its the way a person plays a game really. The Calender Spell is one awesome spell btw. When you use the spells correctly again with blades,traps and feints, aura's to but sometimes they're not needed, you can do a lot of damage on Myth.

I just wanted to add something. I'm not saying the way you play the game is wrong. Because it's not. it's just the way you play it you know. Trust me I learned the hard way on my ice. So when death came around I was into the blades, traps and feints. Then my ice got better. You adapt the further
      you play i think.

I don't PVP..But i heard the horrible things about it. I want to try but again, i've heard how people cheat so much that I don't want to. They're trying to fix it in the test realm but i don't know how that's going.

For pets: yeah i need my pets to heal more lol. Although My nut cracker is spamming the unicorn and sprite for my storm which is needed. There are times when the pet is silent and your about to die and then they sprite but then its too late.

As for death, you don't need an four pip aoe spell. You can craft a five pip one the Lord of Night. I have the card and it's awesome. I didn't craft i just got really lucky in that pack. Now I'm trying to craft the Deer knight spell. Almost there though. And I know the crafting is the worst part but the rewards would be great just the feeling alone. But i don't mind if i got the card from the pack. I"m not complaining .

And the Avenging Fossil to me is the best 88 spell out there! I'm biased on that one lol. It's an aoe spell after you attack one minion it goes after the others. And it's been awhile since death and an aoe spell so i'm happy we finally got one again.
      Last edited by shellbell33; 4-19-13 at 2:54 PM.

timta10 is offline Legendary Wizard

• timta10's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy StormVault (90), Timothy DeathShard (90), Timothy FrostRiver (90), Timothy (90)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Jack, George, George
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Efreet, Mammoth, Triton, Hydra

Mood:
      Netflix

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries
      Wizard101 in terms of PvE, is going down; your right. But I have different reasons.

1) Difficulty-

The worlds are getting harder and harder, which is what it should be like. However KI made a huge mistake at the start of the game itself unaware of what it would cause: the percentage system. Currently, our stats are basically maxed out and can't go much higher w/o reaching perfection. Thus, we are technically underpowered for our level. That is why it's hard to solo, especially for storm. The mobs start out with 14 pips and we start out with 4. It's horribly tedious, especially if you get knocked out in the first round by two rank 10 spells.
      Last edited by timta10; 4-19-13 at 2:52 PM.
      Avi by Kitkit Sig by Burrel Thanks Total Katniss+Peeta shipper

joshy123 is offline Magus Wizard

• joshy123's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Joshua boombloom, joshua earthflame, joshua liferiver, joshua darkbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  cookie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  sweeper
      ----

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm storm and i managed to solo every single world, then i got to azteca and man it's a huge jump up in difficulty, luckily i found someone to level with but i could not imagine trying to solo azteca, i am dreading leveling up my myth through avalon and azteca having to kill 3500-5000k hp mobs with 265-325 aoe spells.

ruby1252 is offline Initiate Wizard

• ruby1252's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Scarlet Storystone
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Hound

Mood:
      Cynical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

All I can say is that the target audience is kids around age 8 to 13. I know there are some really amazing kids that can play so much better than some adults, but the level of difficulty in the newer areas is beyond the target audience.

Ruby

death warrior is offline Journeyman Wizard

• death warrior's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  jack shield
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  lord hunter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  bolt demon

Mood:
      Meh!

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

humongofrog with colossal can do 600 damage. just stack up 2 blades and a bubble myth can kill mobs pretty fast actually .If you have a hard time defeating bosses and if you don't have life mastery i would suggest you to use high healing boost ring and athame and keep using sprite and fairy when they hit you.When they ran out of pips you can take down the minion with ninja pigs or medusa and with feint tc and the real one you can kill the boss.In Az are only a few bosses and mobs that can remove blades. Myth should get a new Aoe soon and and death is perfectly fine they don't need a new aoe.

Lightdragon is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
      First of all wizard101 has reached a point were it become way to tough and hardcore for the target audience.
      agreed. by the next world there will be another great division in the game. and a new group to shun in game play.

Storm was capable of soloing up to most of Avalon with reasonable skill. Now here comes Azteca. It pain for storm to even solo. Sure it suppose to be a challenge but some schools are loosing there ability to solo. I understand kingsisle want wizards to work together more but geez remember not everyone wants to solo or can solo instances.
      for the average storm player I would say the early part of Avalon. the more skilled would be able to do most of Avalon.
      Pets and pvp is the main blame. So many people including myself and have these wonder pets that capable of keeping us alive. Why should things be harder as a person with a non spud or quad heal pet because those with these great pets are finding content way to easy?
      good question.

Why is it that pvp makes the game. I for one like both. But i do spend my for the storyline and side worlds. Kingisle need stop nerfing spells because they become overpowered in pvp. Some schools are designed for the arena. Others are simply not. But with strategy you can with with other schools. But face it some school will never be on the same level without more personal skill in pvp then others. So bottom line pvp wise face the fact some schools just wont excel with pvp like others will. Stop taking nerf bat to good spells.
      well when this game first came out there were only four worlds,pets were not trainable. they were just there for décor.and I am not sure gardening was out yet.no mounts or castles also. so what were you supposed to do. the only thing to do was PvP. The PvP aspect is what kept the players in the game and maintaining the subs. When DS came out , pet training,castles,mounts and gardening came out there was more to do. not much but something. then when the second story arc came into being there is a lot to do in the game. with more activities being put into the game people soon forget what PvP did for the game.

What up with the reshuffle deal? I one for matches that don't last forever, but do ki realize that life and balance Masters are the highest selling amulets? Why take away a goldmine and effective strategy? The loss in sells will hit us the customer one way or another. That why ki cant sell new things for gold. Making up there losses huh? What do ki think, huh? Parents and 12 yr old are made of money?! It ok to have items be gold to that are not garbage and that people would like.
      it basically upset everyone. the new update will just encourage to get Jadezilla gear and become turtles.and that of course you need to buy a LOT of hoard packs. with the reshuffle update it will make it easier for turtles to become warlords. and create a Pay to Win system in PvP playing. also this would place life wizards with myth masteries as the tanks in that section instead of Ice.

Finally the myth school. People may say some schools arent unique anymore. But myth is very much on it way from disappearing from future updates. Myth may be pvp strpng but what good is that if you cant kill effectively in groups? The frog argument is terrible. It a pain to use blades when most enemies are capable of destroying and removing blades or debuffing your spells till the point there not even effective anymore. Enemies are now shielding against other schools in there class and using other of class spells.Why should myth have to wait for a minion or Aoe that can hold up to what against them 100 levels after any school? Group wise myth never been able to do over 325 maybe base damage to all enemies since the game started. Where myth share of the pie? why hasnt ki given myth the things it really needs to survive outside the arena?
      I have a myth which finished Azteca. the frog is still good. but you need to craft , use bubbles and auras. also for minions which destroy blades like minions which earth.use traps. also they do not destroy blades or debuff that often. however casual or less skilled player will have problems with this. and this is what KI is ignoring.

Please ki if you care. In the next major update. Please give wizards the tools they need to make life easier. Examples could be:

Life and Death - 4 pip Aoe

Myth- A suitable minion and Aoe
      well with death you have deer knight but that is more like a 5 pip AoE . life needs a quick kill AoE. most likely it will be crafted. also a new Myth AoE should be crafted as well.

The list and examples go on. Here your chance to impress your customers please dont drop the ball on this one. Pirate101 get so much attention. You always know what going on. And updates or changes to the game is told to you that night. I glad you really are vocal in pirate101. But don't forget the game the started it all for you. One which most people wont leave!
      of course as It doesn't have as many people playing it yet as W101. so of course they are going to push it.

Quote Originally Posted by shellbell33 View Post
      This is what I don't understand...

Most people complain that it's too easy and it gets boring. So What does KI Do? make a world that is actually challenging and hard to beat.
      we do not know if these people are shills, trolls or really want it hard. in fact I have seen people post they wanted the next world so hard it would take you 5-10 times to beat each fight. what KI does is they monitor each quest taken and see how long it takes for someone to complete it. so when they see the overall majority of the players are not completing it they make it easier. if they see most of the players are completing it they make it harder.

And what do said people. Still complain only this time it's too hard...And Think about the kids, it's gonna be hard for them.
      some complain now it's too hard. most do not. some want it even harder.

Yeah said kids who play video games on their xbox, wii, playstation 3 with games that are so much harder.
      but with some of those games it is much simpler to use or communicate with. this game is dealt heavily on strategy and different gears which you have to find on your own or craft. also it is tedious so with that combination it extremely hard for a younger player . especially if they are on menu chat with no access to youtube or fan forums like this one to learn the different aspects of playing the game.

Point I'm trying to make is. The worlds are only gonna get tougher and harder to beat. And really that again is as it should. We're getting more powerful spells when used correctly ie, sharpen blades, blades, tri blades, balance blades, traps, feints, potent traps, potent feints, etc...I've done over 30,000 damage on a boss alone on my death because I set it up correctly.
      target audience is menu chat players with no access to forums or websites which teach you. they will not know how to do this. I have taught people in the game in their mid-20's how to do this as they could not figure it out on their own.

But for the younger kids, and I can see where you saying for younger kids it might be difficult for them. But you know what. Don't underestimate the mind of a child. Children often surprises you. They can ask for help. Actually it would be better for them to ask for help. Learn teamwork, social kills while being safe at the same time. They're are wakkos in the game after all and that is sad. But that is with all games actually.
      no what happens is when Ki nerfs a world. they get by when they just stand in there and someone wlse does the work for them. before they nerfed Young morganthe in Avalon I have seen no badly skilled menu chatters in Azteca. after the nerf I have seen a menu chat fire wizard use TC power novas with no balance masteries or even know how to use prisms. he had enough sense to use gear at least. and only used spells from level 42 and up as he didn't use fire quest spells.

But I don't think Wizard 101 is going down.
      the jury is still out on this one.
      And as for Myth. I've seen great Myth players out there who can kick butt. Its the way a person plays a game really. The Calender Spell is one awesome spell btw. When you use the spells correctly again with blades,traps and feints, aura's to but sometimes they're not needed, you can do a lot of damage on Myth.
      the Calendar spell is a one shot one kill will the new sun spells and feints. used it a few times and impressed some skilled storm players. in fact I found it more powerful than the storm owl spell.

~Justin~ is offline Legendary Wizard

• ~Justin~'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin Earthsword; Justin Rainpants; Justin
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Tiger
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Broccoli D:
      ----

Mood:
      Fiendish

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I am a balance and in Azteca things got really hard for me to solo. I could barely solo at all like you said the storm schools problem was. Mob fights became painful and slow, and boss battles I was lucky to solo after a few tries. I personally did not like the Sabertooth spell because it was not much more damage than Chimera and it gave a spirit shield which I can do easily for 0 pips. I'm hoping that for balance we get a better spell next time around.

As for myth, I have a myth but haven't been playing him for a while. I agree that we should get another minion because we haven't gotten one since Talos and he becomes more ineffective with every world release. His strongest spell being Minotaur Since myth is advertised as a school to use powerful minions to aid us in battle they should stick to keeping it that way even if a new minion isn't released every world. (Obviously)

jacobspirit is offline Journeyman Wizard

• jacobspirit's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jacob
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lady kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Strange Beast

Mood:
      Youtuber

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

death is fine it has deer knight (worth crafting)
      life sorry to say WAS SUPOSE TO BE HEALING BASED
      myth yea would be cool to have a healing spell and a minion would be also cool BUT WE NEED AN AOE ITS BEEN WAY OVER 4 YEARS SINCE MYTH GOT AN AOE PLZ CYRUS TEACH US XD (also make 3pip PIPS THINGY)
      From LIFE Comes DEATH From DEATH A MYTH IS BORN!!!
      Spoiler
      I AM THE MYTH!

ru4uorus is offline Journeyman Wizard

• ru4uorus's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Corwin Lifestrider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr
      ----

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have completed azteca with ice, storm and life. I soloed most of azteca with all 3. Belloq in twin giants i needed help and of course xibalba. I'm sure if I spent the time developing a deck and armor set up I could solo those as well but that would require too much work. Ice and life were really easy even against the tag team 20k bosses. Storm required more gear changes and deck work to solo these tag team bosses. Storm just needs to use more shields and empowerment to get pips while blocking. Wear out the enemy pips, blade and then hit with storm lord and follow with tempest. I think the biggest problem is people carry too many cards in their mob decks and unessential cards in the boss fights. Mobs should only need 2 or 3 hits in deck. Pack 4-6 school specific shields. 2 blades 2 tri blades, aura boost, amulet blade and mobs become really easy. For those that have hard times against particular schools can go to bazaar and buy school specific armor gear high in defense which is easy to find. Most schools should have a minimum 60 defense selling gear in bazaar. My myth is now entering azteca and don't think it should be tough either. I will just use ninja pigs and medusas to kill since they hit much harder. I will shield and feint to avoid blades being stolen. It's all about deck construction and gear maintenance. Just my opinion. It could be harder still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast