•  Carnation Pixie

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Not Even Sure What to Say

My friends and I just finished a 4v4 ranked match. We decided to make a team of level 60-65s months ago. We've been building them ever since, and just recently all got our waterworks gear. Ready to go into the arena. Then we waited another 2 weeks so we could all be on for a few hours to actually play, so finally today arrived.
      Now one of my friends and I had been hopping on every now and then doing some 2v2, so admittedly 2 of us had very low captain titles at this point, and the other 2 were still at private.
      Upon getting our 2nd or 3rd match of the night we were put up against a mid-level (48s-50s) all commander team. We thought it would be fun. 5 minutes into the match people started yelling and harassing us for being puppets, for what I can only assume is the fact that my health is nearly 4,000 (ice) and the lowest storm on our team has 2,077. Well that shook me, we certainly weren't trying to puppet and our level gap was only a few levels (61 to 65). Of course I got defensive, the whole reason my friend and I had been 2v2 is to fight puppets (we get matched with lvl 30 and 90 quite a bit - and with WW gear they're a lot easier to beat). After convincing the crowd we weren't puppets I thought the match would go on smoothly.
      Well 2 hours of going back and forth, first turn saving us a few times, their unicorn pets saving them a few times, we finally won the match, gaining 24 in rank. Well needless to say my team was thrilled. We were so impressed with this other team and we wanted to tell them. We said "good game, that was fun" "great game" "good match, that was impressive" "wow that was hard" "you were a good team". Only to be met with "wow all legendary" "flipping noobs pvp at your own lvl" "impressive? it was unfair" "first saved you". (There is one member of that team who stuck around to chat at the end and he didn't have this bad attitude when the others left- if he/she is on central thank you, I appreciate it.)
      I can't believe this is the way the PvP community behaves. I'm sorry the matching system put us with you and I'm sorry you lost 24 points. I can't do anything about it, it wasn't our fault. Why do people have to take it out on the other team for bad matching? I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of my team wants to quit now, even after months of prep, because this just crushed our spirit.

There's talk about the PvP System needing fixing. But I would gladly postpone that for an attitude adjustment in the PvP community. This is ridiculous.
      I expected something like this from puppets/giants and maybe new privates.. but commanders with most their gear? Have a little dignity.

Elizabeth Dreamer ~ Calamity Ravenhaven ~ Grace Lifewhisper ~ Noah Dreamer
      Destiny Nightstalker ~ Cassandra Dreamer ~ Keira Pearlglade ~ Alura Dreamer

Jesse Strong is offline Prodigious

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Not Even Sure What to Say

Sore loser thats the only word i can give you i would use my best friend thought ^.^ the ignore button <3

ChoGath is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Dreamer View Post
      My friends and I just finished a 4v4 ranked match. We decided to make a team of level 60-65s months ago. We've been building them ever since, and just recently all got our waterworks gear. Ready to go into the arena. Then we waited another 2 weeks so we could all be on for a few hours to actually play, so finally today arrived.
      Now one of my friends and I had been hopping on every now and then doing some 2v2, so admittedly 2 of us had very low captain titles at this point, and the other 2 were still at private.
      Upon getting our 2nd or 3rd match of the night we were put up against a mid-level (48s-50s) all commander team. We thought it would be fun. 5 minutes into the match people started yelling and harassing us for being puppets, for what I can only assume is the fact that my health is nearly 4,000 (ice) and the lowest storm on our team has 2,077. Well that shook me, we certainly weren't trying to puppet and our level gap was only a few levels (61 to 65). Of course I got defensive, the whole reason my friend and I had been 2v2 is to fight puppets (we get matched with lvl 30 and 90 quite a bit - and with WW gear they're a lot easier to beat). After convincing the crowd we weren't puppets I thought the match would go on smoothly.
      Not sure why an all commander L50 team would complain about getting a Captain-Private L65 team. This happens all the time if one or both teams have been waiting in the queue for a "long" time. Since the common definition of a puppet team is +/- 20 levels within your team, you were not a puppet team. You might have even been OK, had you teamed with your opponents. I don't see any issues to complain about in this regard.

... Well 2 hours of going back and forth, first turn saving us a few times, their unicorn pets saving them a few times, we finally won the match, gaining 24 in rank. Well needless to say my team was thrilled. We were so impressed with this other team and we wanted to tell them. We said "good game, that was fun" "great game" "good match, that was impressive" "wow that was hard" "you were a good team".
      These are the kinds of games I certainly look forward to and enjoy. Wait until you claim a victory like this from 2nd. It's a real high.

... Only to be met with "wow all legendary" "flipping noobs pvp at your own lvl" "impressive? it was unfair" "first saved you". (There is one member of that team who stuck around to chat at the end and he didn't have this bad attitude when the others left- if he/she is on central thank you, I appreciate it.)
      I can't believe this is the way the PvP community behaves. I'm sorry the matching system put us with you and I'm sorry you lost 24 points. I can't do anything about it, it wasn't our fault. Why do people have to take it out on the other team for bad matching? I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of my team wants to quit now, even after months of prep, because this just crushed our spirit.

There's talk about the PvP System needing fixing. But I would gladly postpone that for an attitude adjustment in the PvP community. This is ridiculous.
      I expected something like this from puppets/giants and maybe new privates.. but commanders with most their gear? Have a little dignity.
      TBH, there's too much emphasis by some on rank. This drives some people to get all mad, even though it was a good game. sorry it happened to you, but don't let it diminish your enjoyment of the competition.

FaclonerET is offline Journeyman Wizard

• FaclonerET's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Elijah Hawktalon
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Zeus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Honestly in PvP, rank is WAY too much of a factor. When I team with my captain-commander friends (we are all master level), we often get paired up against archmage and promethean teams. I do get that rage bubbling up inside me, but I just type random letters to let it out that way I just look crazy instead of upset.

"..Lucas quickly latching onto Destiny before Elijah. The Diviner gulped as he glanced at Iridianís mask.." Giant Hunters by Psylent Night Avi- crescendotama Sig- ~Miguel~ Quote in sig- Matthew Prior

benatat12 is offline Novice Wizard

• benatat12's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Benjamin StormFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well, as you say, it was a 2 hour match; I'm sure they were quite frustrated that after spending all that time and effort on something like this, only to lose, it made them quite irate and eager to nitpick at the first thing they think of.

Poppy RB is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Poppy RB's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pebbles
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sweety-pie
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I really like the way you and your team prepared and how you clearly enjoy a match. That is what fun PvP is all about imo. Your attitude is great. It's a shame about what happened, but please continue as it's teams like yours that make PvP an enjoyable activity to take part in.
      Oh, and congratulations on the win!!

"You canít depend on your judgement when your imagination is out of focus"
      Mark Twain

SydVicious is offline Adept Wizard

• SydVicious's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sydney Soulcaller
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Storm Hound

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Congrats on your win

It's a shame you had to be on the receiving end of such poor sportsmanship. The whole point of pvp is to duel, and one team is either going to win or lose. No getting around that. If you can't wrap your mind around the possibility that you might lose and just deal with it, then you shouldn't even be stepping into the arena, imo.

Anyone who's done pvp knows that the matching system is beyond messed up. There's no point in taking out your loss on the other player (especially a fair team, not puppets), they have no control on the matching system. People need to grow up and exhibit a little maturity and self control.

CelticCentaur203 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• CelticCentaur203's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David : Lifeshield (life), Dragonfist (balance), Firecaster (fire)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Scooter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enhanced Wizard City pet store dragon

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The ranking system isn't good, but no matter what KI does, there will be sore losers.
      Proud to be EpicGamer's dad.

JackX is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JackX's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jack Frost/ Jack LionBlade/ Jack FrostSword/Jack FrostHammer/Jack FrostBlade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Leo/Spike
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Jinn

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

There are some people that just cant handle a lost. I usually ignore those people.

~~
      Rules | PvP | Guides | My Pets ~~
      Avi/Siggy Emma