•  TONS

Mood:
      Alienated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Guidelines on Hatching Etiquette

This is a general Guideline of Hatching Etiquette that wizards should look over to ensure they are aware of all that is needed to meet up and hatch -

1) Have your money available before the hatch is attempted. There is nothing more frustrating than sitting there waiting in the hatchery for someone to go get more money because they do not have enough to hatch. If you know the pedigree of the pets involved then you should know a general idea of how much the cost of the hatch will be. E.G. two low pedigree pets will cost in the 10-20k range. If your pedigrees are in the 60-70's range then it will normally cost in the 50-60k range. I have never hatched with a high 90's+ pedigree pet so I don't know what it would be. I always ensure I have well over 100k before I even head to the hatchery just to be safe.

2) Have the pet you want to hatch with out. While its not a "have to" it is nice to be able to see it out and equipped before you even go into the hatching circle so you see exactly what the person is wanting to hatch with. it only takes a second to change it so why not be nice and have it out? It also makes it easier when you go into the hatching process so people don't have to look for the pet they are to hatch with it is right there.

3) Be aware of time zones and if you do not know the time zone differences look it up so everyone is on the same page. This is not a game centered just around you and your time zone so some figuring out is probably needed. I myself will ask your and confirm my own time zone and can tell you the time for you if you don't want to take the time to figure it out.

4) Be specific on AM or PM when you provide a time. Something as innocent as leaving off two letters can mean the difference of 12 hours and a completely missed appointment.

5) Be Punctual! If you arrange a time show up at that time. I am sure things come up and we all understand that but send a quick note prior to saying that hey this isn't going to work can we reschedule. For an example. I am in the hatchery for my hatch 10 minutes before the scheduled time and I wait 15-25 minutes past the scheduled time. So this is a total of 35 minutes of my wasted time for someone not to show up.

6) Be aware of your own wizards hatching cooldown timers! I have had people that have come to meet me to just tell me they had to wait another 2 hour for a hatch because of their timer. If you are a non member your hatch timer is 24 hours if your a member this hatch timer is 12 hours. If you make an appointment either 1) be aware of these time limits or 2) spend the crowns to get a pet hatching elixir.

7) Be courteous. If you want someone to hatch with you, then you should at least your use manners and say please and thank you. I always even engage in a little small talk with the person. Not because I have to but I think that people who are hatching to be generous are people that should be admired and not be dismissed lightly. I have only had one time I didn't do this and it was due to a connection problem and I sent them a VERY nice IM afterwards thanking them for the hatch and how appreciative of there time I was.

8) If you really want a hatch and a person is on the fence try and arrange a time with them to help them farm for gold. If your willing to help them then more than likely they will be willing to help you in return.

If you follow these above guidelines then hatching would become a much more pleasant experience. I hope that people can read these guidelines to hatching meet-ups because there are so many times this is not followed and can lead to those helpful wizards deciding that helping in hatching isn't worth their wasted times and efforts to meet up with others. lets keep hatching as fun and problem free as we possibly can make it.
      Last edited by Bolthar; 12-26-12 at 2:09:50 PM. Reason: Fixed Typos, added KymmaStormcloud's pointer

KymmaStormcloud is offline Adept Wizard

• KymmaStormcloud's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Savannah DeathFlame/Savannah StarHunter/Kymma StormCloud/Savannah Angle/Savannah Rose/Savannah
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord haley
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Guidelines on Hatching Etiquette

add in here pls that people need to be Specific on the Time like A.M or P.M. I showed up to a couple Hatches and here it was P.m Instead of A.m. because they weren't specific.

Spoiler
      Avi and Siggy made by me.

Follow my Shaolin Monkey Pet Project Here, My Pet Collection, My Graphics shop

Bolthar is offline Master Wizard

• Bolthar's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Nightstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  TONS
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  TONS

Mood:
      Alienated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Added it between the time zone and the punctual as I felt that to be the best spot to place it as all of those are kind of clumped into the time section.

KymmaStormcloud is offline Adept Wizard

• KymmaStormcloud's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Savannah DeathFlame/Savannah StarHunter/Kymma StormCloud/Savannah Angle/Savannah Rose/Savannah
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord haley
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Tricky Dragon

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Thank you very much.

Spoiler
      Avi and Siggy made by me.

Follow my Shaolin Monkey Pet Project Here, My Pet Collection, My Graphics shop

Bolthar is offline Master Wizard

• Bolthar's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Nightstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  TONS
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  TONS

Mood:
      Alienated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Bump - think this needs to stay on main page.

xSpade is offline Novice Wizard

• xSpade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Padric
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Utility Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re:

If only everyone could follow this... *sigh*
      Last edited by xSpade; 4-13-13 at 7:22:48 PM.

Miss Scarlet is offline Legendary Wizard

• Miss Scarlet's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Scarlet, Scarlet Soultamer, (Shadowtamer, Icetamer, Dragontamer, Windtamer, Moontamer, Dreamtamer,)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Various

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Possibly add something about having realistic expectations - understand that you may not receive back the pet you wanted and/or may not get all the talents you were hoping for from one single hatch.

Amazing Sig and Avi by Sandy

jessesky is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

looking for a pet with 15 resist plus, storm, fire, ice resist, I have a pet with 14 resist and fairy, spritely and unicorn, ty

IceFlameyyy is offline Legendary Wizard

• IceFlameyyy's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Joseph- Dreamthief, Titanblood, Iceflame, Stormflame, Owlblood, Dragonheart, Spiritthief,
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jessesky View Post
      looking for a pet with 15 resist plus, storm, fire, ice resist, I have a pet with 14 resist and fairy, spritely and unicorn, ty
      I suggest posting an actual wanted thread in the mixing meet up section this is just a thread about hatching guidelines

~bae~

Curleyque is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bolthar View Post
      This is a general Guideline of Hatching Etiquette that wizards should look over to ensure they are aware of all that is needed to meet up and hatch -

1) Have your money available before the hatch is attempted. There is nothing more frustrating than sitting there waiting in the hatchery for someone to go get more money because they do not have enough to hatch. If you know the pedigree of the pets involved then you should know a general idea of how much the cost of the hatch will be. E.G. two low pedigree pets will cost in the 10-20k range. If your pedigrees are in the 60-70's range then it will normally cost in the 50-60k range. I have never hatched with a high 90's+ pedigree pet so I don't know what it would be. I always ensure I have well over 100k before I even head to the hatchery just to be safe.

2) Have the pet you want to hatch with out. While its not a "have to" it is nice to be able to see it out and equipped before you even go into the hatching circle so you see exactly what the person is wanting to hatch with. it only takes a second to change it so why not be nice and have it out? It also makes it easier when you go into the hatching process so people don't have to look for the pet they are to hatch with it is right there.

3) Be aware of time zones and if you do not know the time zone differences look it up so everyone is on the same page. This is not a game centered just around you and your time zone so some figuring out is probably needed. I myself will ask your and confirm my own time zone and can tell you the time for you if you don't want to take the time to figure it out.

4) Be specific on AM or PM when you provide a time. Something as innocent as leaving off two letters can mean the difference of 12 hours and a completely missed appointment.

5) Be Punctual! If you arrange a time show up at that time. I am sure things come up and we all understand that but send a quick note prior to saying that hey this isn't going to work can we reschedule. For an example. I am in the hatchery for my hatch 10 minutes before the scheduled time and I wait 15-25 minutes past the scheduled time. So this is a total of 35 minutes of my wasted time for someone not to show up.

6) Be aware of your own wizards hatching cooldown timers! I have had people that have come to meet me to just tell me they had to wait another 2 hour for a hatch because of their timer. If you are a non member your hatch timer is 24 hours if your a member this hatch timer is 12 hours. If you make an appointment either 1) be aware of these time limits or 2) spend the crowns to get a pet hatching elixir.

7) Be courteous. If you want someone to hatch with you, then you should at least your use manners and say please and thank you. I always even engage in a little small talk with the person. Not because I have to but I think that people who are hatching to be generous are people that should be admired and not be dismissed lightly. I have only had one time I didn't do this and it was due to a connection problem and I sent them a VERY nice IM afterwards thanking them for the hatch and how appreciative of there time I was.

8) If you really want a hatch and a person is on the fence try and arrange a time with them to help them farm for gold. If your willing to help them then more than likely they will be willing to help you in return.

If you follow these above guidelines then hatching would become a much more pleasant experience. I hope that people can read these guidelines to hatching meet-ups because there are so many times this is not followed and can lead to those helpful wizards deciding that helping in hatching isn't worth their wasted times and efforts to meet up with others. lets keep hatching as fun and problem free as we possibly can make it.
      I would like a hatch between your life tricky dragon, Baby Spike, 74, ancient, spell proof, pierce monger, unicorn and my life tricky dragon, second generation, King Stella, 66, epic, pips o'plenty, sharp shot, spell defying, and unicorn. I don't know how to post picture. I am on almost every day between 10am and 10pm cst. thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast