• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 40
    1. #11
      Lady Light's Avatar
        Lady Light is offline Moderator

      • Lady Light's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Madeline Lightbright, Victoria StarDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  60
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Princess Nikki
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Patriotic Leprechaun
      Status: ~sigh~
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      5,850
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      7262
      Thanks (Received)
      5127
      Gold
      507.00

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      I think ~Kevin~ and Bolthar summed up the pros and cons nicely. I prefer EMPs because of the quick rate to elder, the ability to get many more in a large area spell (I do not stack), the variety of rank 9 snacks, and the ease of care. I do have a couple couch potatoes on another wizard, but it is not my preferred plant. Go EMPs!

    2. #12
      amber560's Avatar
        amber560 is offline Magus Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      1,368
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      11
      Thanks (Received)
      901
      Gold
      5,176.98

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      LOL, the argument over CP's vs EMP's has been discussed in the forum many, many times. I guess ultimately there are just some people partial to EMP's. Personally, after growing both several times, the only advantage I see to EMP's is if you are farming for reagents. CP's do not drop any reagents.

      But if you purpose is to get mega snacks, I still believe CP's are the best route to go.
      Some have claimed that EMP's grow faster. EMP's with all their likes take a little longer than 4.5 days. CP's with all their likes take 5.5 days. Not a big differance.

      Some claim you can fit more EMP's in a stacked garden, because they use a medium plot, allowing the max of 69 plants. But there is a very clever guide in the "Gardening Guides" section where someone has figured a way to build a large plot, stacked garden with 69 plots also. I admit that after trying to construct it according to the guide, I had a few problems. It is a bit complicated. But I took the main idea, refigured it a bit and now can construct a very successful 60 plant large plot garden.

      I now have 3, 60 plant gardens of CP's, and one 68 plant garden of deadly helephants.
      I have 6 wizards, 3 are used for storage of excess treasure cards, and minor snacks held on standby in case I ever need some extra gold, but right now 5 of my wizards are already maxed out on gold. On a regular basis I have to go to the commons in order to give away treasure cards, I am getting way too many of them.

      I challenge any of the people preferring EMP's to tell me they have 180 EMP plants that they got farming, and not spending a small fortune in crowns to get them. My 180 CP's took me about 4 weeks of farming for in Grizzelhiem.

      amber

    3. #13
      Bolthar's Avatar
        Bolthar is offline Master Wizard

      • Bolthar's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Nightstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  TONS
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  TONS
      Status: Superman!
       
      Mood:
      Alienated
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      1,716
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      7
      Thanks (Received)
      1371
      Gold
      2,012.26

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      Amber no offense but did you even read the OP?

      1) I do not plan on stacking so your whole stack and work and reconfiguration thing is out the window.

      Next read this Amber and see the reason your CP being "better" is so flawed - http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...4&postcount=26

      1) Less energy is needed to take care of EMPs than CPs without stacking.
      2) EMPs variety of mega snacks will get you a pet with all stats maxed where as a CP will not.
      3) The shorter cared for time makes it so you get Mega snacks more frequently.

      If you get into stacking then you can kind of take out 1) and yes you can farm for CPs easier then EMPs. But that is NOT what the OP was talking about.

      Noone is saying CPs are bad as a plant at all. Its simply with what is being asked about EMPs are hands down better than CPs.

      If someone asked which should I farm for and which should I stack I would probably change my answer to CPs as well. But as asked my answer stands at EMPs. I really hate that CPs only drop a couple mega snacks and not enough to raise all skills to max.
      Last edited by Bolthar; 12-30-12 at 5:20:15 PM.

    4. #14
      amber560's Avatar
        amber560 is offline Magus Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      1,368
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      11
      Thanks (Received)
      901
      Gold
      5,176.98

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolthar View Post
      Amber no offense but did you even read the OP?


      Yes I did read the OP. Have you read the entire thread? In a previous post I asked why he was against stacking. It sounded to me like he was just intimidated with the process of building the plot. So was I when I first attempted it. So many people, when they write their guides to stacking assume that all of us have a basic knowledge of what's being attempted. Well, I for one didn't, and it took me many attempts to finally figure out the entire process to build a successful plot. I really tried to encourage him to attempt a stacked plot. If you are working your pets, especially if you intend to work them past the Ancient Level, you simply require too many Mega Snacks. A stacked plot is the only legitimate way to go. I thought perhaps he might have reconsidered.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolthar View Post
      Next read this Amber and see the reason your CP being "better" is so flawed - http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3959824&postcount=26
      Wow, a whole lot of math there. I'm glad you understand it and probably a lot of others do to, but you lost me after a couple of paragraphs.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolthar View Post
      1) Less energy is needed to take care of EMPs than CPs without stacking.
      Well, that is just one more good reason to try a stacked plot, because a stacked CP plot will cost less energy than any configuration of EMP's.


      Quote Originally Posted by Bolthar View Post
      2) EMPs variety of mega snacks will get you a pet with all stats maxed where as a CP will not.
      CP Mega Snacks will cover all pet stats except for "Intellect". There are plenty of ways to get around that. I have a plot of Deadly Helephants, they produce snacks that cover the intellect stat. Perhaps I work my pets differently than some. If after adult I don't get at least one talent I want, they are usually retired. If I take them up to ancient I then decide if they are worth going all the way to mega. If they are going up to mega or even up to epic, I don't need to feed much if any snacks for intellect. I work them in the maze game and the game I play gives all 4 points to intellect stat. By the time I get them up to epic, I only need to feed a few minor snacks for intellect to have it maxed out. If they are going up to Mega level I don't need to feed them any snacks for intellect.

      Also, while I admit, I only have 8 Emp's planted amidst my DHE's. I generally only get one maybe two snacks that benefit the intellect stat from my elder harvest. Mostly I get the exact same snacks I get from my CP's. Fancy Yogart, Capt. Cantalope, and Wheat Bread.

      Quote Originally Posted by Bolthar View Post
      3) The shorter cared for time makes it so you get Mega snacks more frequently.
      You are talking about one day. EMP's take 4.5 - 5 days. CP's take 5.5 days. When you compare the much larger number of plants you can obtain free, one day is more than made up for by simple numbers.

      I still say much of the discussion is simple preference, and If you prefer EMPs fine, go for it. As I mentioned in my previous post, I think there are some who simply prefer the challenge of farming for them and that's fine. Farming EMP's at least is a challenge. Farming CP's is a very boring lol VERY BORING process and a bit mind numbing at that.
      But for simplicity, ease of care, energy conservation, and output, I'll stick to couch potatoes and continue to encourage the "OP poster" to reconsider a stacked plot.

      For that matter I seem to recall before I began stacking them, having 15 plots of CP's on the ground in a tight circle, and being able to cover it with one large spell. By the time you consider they are easier to care for, only 2 needs and level one pests, vs EMP's which are 3 needs and level 2 pests, you could probably have 2 plots going for not much more energy cost than one plot of emp's.

      amber
      Last edited by amber560; 12-31-12 at 2:53:40 AM. Reason: p

    5. #15
      Lucas's Avatar
        Lucas is offline Transcendent Wizard
      Status: Tri-Box Farmer
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      6,445
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2913
      Thanks (Received)
      3167
      Gold
      12,032.48
      Blog Entries
      10

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      Quote Originally Posted by ~Kevin~ View Post
      EMP
      Pros: -They have many likes.
      -Their likes are easy to get.
      -They grow fast.
      -They don't die easily.
      -They drop big megas.
      -They take up little space in your house.

      Cons: -They are hard to farm for.

      Couch Potatoes
      Pros: -They are easy to farm for.
      -They don't die easily.
      -They drop big megas.

      Cons: -They have little likes.
      -They take long to grow.
      -They take up a lot of space in your house.
      Actually, Couch potatoes die after 12 hours of their needs not taken care of, EMP's last longer.

    6. #16
      Bolthar's Avatar
        Bolthar is offline Master Wizard

      • Bolthar's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Nightstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  TONS
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  TONS
      Status: Superman!
       
      Mood:
      Alienated
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      1,716
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      7
      Thanks (Received)
      1371
      Gold
      2,012.26

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      continue to encourage the "OP poster" to reconsider a stacked plot.
      If you call what your doing encouragement then feel free.

      Your just saying CPs and stacking when the OP expressly said they weren't.

      For that matter I seem to recall before I began stacking them, having 15 plots of CP's on the ground in a tight circle, and being able to cover it with one large spell. By the time you consider they are easier to care for, only 2 needs and level one pests, vs EMP's which are 3 needs and level 2 pests, you could probably have 2 plots going for not much more energy cost than one plot of emp's.
      First off non stacked the most plots your getting into a large spell is 14 not 15. So two stacks would be 28. Second off the energy difference from CPs to EMPs is only 20 energy difference (one large spell need and the 5 energy difference from rank 1 pest to rank 2 pest). I defy you to do two unstacked CPs and use only 20 energy on the second set, it WILL die.

      I will say on this matter UNSTACKED even at TWO plots of CPs which is more energy that still is 9 plants less than a full 37 plot non stacked medium plot configuration you can take care of with one set of large plant diameter spells.

      You mention supplementing with your DHEs and that's great but then your going into another section that the OP was not asking about.

      Final point is your shrug off a 1 day growing difference - this turns into over the course of the year 81.1 plantings for EMPS and mega snacks and only 66.3 for CPs and mega snacks. So again if you have the same number of plants (say 30) that would be EMPS 2430 and CPs 1980 making the EMPS give you 450 more mega snacks. That is ALOT of mega snack differences.

      Again amber this isn't a fight with you as the math has already been done and non stacked EMPs comes out the victor EVERY time.

      Sure there are TONS of ways you CAN do planting. You can stack you can supplement your growths, you can mix and match. And if the OP wants information on any of that and wants to post or even message me directly I would be happy to help the OP in any way they want that makes THEM comfortable.

      It is just your posts are 1) not taking the OPs original request into mind and 2) modifying the facts of strictly EMP vrs CP non stacking with a lot of other data so your skewing what the OP was asking about.

      Actually, Couch potatoes die after 12 hours of their needs not taken care of, EMP's last longer.
      Wilt time was something I have never verified. Its interesting to know that EMPs are a lot more hardy than CPs when needs are not taken care of.

    7. #17
      Katherine's Avatar
        Katherine is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Katherine's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Katherine Mythcaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Sun
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chester
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Burnzilla
      Status: Night owl
       
      Mood:
      Artistic
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      3,854
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2061
      Thanks (Received)
      2371
      Gold
      462.86
      Blog Entries
      31

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      Punkymax wrote this great thread specifically about these two plants and which is really worth your money.

      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...78#post2461678
      Legendary Death PvP GuideNo matter what I do or what I say, I am bankrupt without love

    8. #18
        Cole is offline Fizzled

      • Cole's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Autumn Willow|Victoria Ward|Cole Cloud|Bailey Winter|Logan Thorn|Brecken Story
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  75
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  lol bye
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  aqua dragon
      Status: shoutout to j-baby
       
      Mood:
      Enraged
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      1,888
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      748
      Thanks (Received)
      703
      Gold
      3,120.93

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      I'd go with emps

    9. #19
      BalanceFTW's Avatar
        BalanceFTW is offline Initiate Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Posts
      227
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3
      Thanks (Received)
      84
      Gold
      347.06

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Trollmancer View Post
      My only reason to garden is for snacks, keeping that in mind, which is best? Would someone please let me know the pros & cons for each? It would be greatly appreciated!

      Note: I do not plan on stacking plots.
      Commenting to the OP, I would say if the ONLY reason like you say is for snacks (assuming with confidence you mean megas) then EMPs are going to pay off better. Because you can farm more (without stacking) with one character's energy and they elder a day earlier than CPs. Period.

      HOWEVER.....you open too many variables when you say let me know the pros and cons of each. There are just too many variables worth discussing in a game that is so easy to play. And unless you just enjoy watching the pages of debate like every other thread with this same topic, maybe you could just close it out by telling people what you decided and you do not need any more opinions?

      Based on a total comparison, I can not imagine using just one type, personally. I have used both of these plants since they were available. Since both are available, I myself would use both. IF there was only one of these plants available, I would hope it was the CPs.

      Plain and simple, without using scientific or mathmatical equations like some people are eager to use, I personally like the CPs better. Why? Because I like to collect pets so I train many. I know when to train past adult, so the "intellect" stat doesn't come in to play unless I train a pet higher. I do not have to farm for gold at all since I use CPs. I would have to farm frequently if I only used EMPs. Why? Because CPs drop a lot of common snacks on every single harvest that each sell for a decent amount of gold. You are not going to make side gold with EMPs that compare to CPs. If you were in to crafting, then EMPs give you some of the more rare reagents you would use.

      But frankly, since this topic has been argued sooooooo much, it is actually tiresome to see people debate this topic. And since you should have received enough info and we are a pleasent crowd, I hope you have got the information you were seeking. Maybe just tell people you made up your mind so no more opinions are needed? Otherwise, there are other threads with pages on top of pages of the same debate.
      Last edited by BalanceFTW; 1-1-13 at 7:33:18 PM.
      If you can't beat'em, you didn't try hard enough.......

    10. #20
        tech623 is offline Novice Wizard

      • tech623's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angel Skyfinder
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Peanut
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Cloudburst Sprite
      Status: just back here
       
      Mood:
      Amused2
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      34
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      11
      Thanks (Received)
      14
      Gold
      59.54

      Re: EMP Or Couch Potatoes?

      If you plan on farming for them CP's are obvious choice simply because they are easier to obtain.I don't think anyone has mentioned that if you get them from crown shop tho the EMP's are actually cheaper and in a 3 week period you will get 1 more elder harvest because of the faster growth (assuming all "plant likes" are used).

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •