*Erin* is offline Master Wizard

• *Erin*'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Emma, Erin, Ellie, Erin, Erin, Autumn, Paige and 6 more Erin's
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  I prefer Bella after my cat but alas Isabella is only offered in game. Hmm what to do?
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  I got hundreds! Eek not putting them all in...

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

How do I make a perfect pet?

Ok this is the pet I want to make perfect

These are the talents I want: spell proof, blade of life, spritely, and unicorn.

I do not have any perfect pets (only one very close one got 3 of 4 talents I wanted), so I am not very talented in this area of knowing what to hatch with and how to maximize spell proof. I do not want to use any of my pets that have one talent I want so will be posting pet to hatch but do I put it in available to mix or wanted to mix? Do I say I am looking for spell proof, spritely, and unicorn or all 4 talents I want?
      How do I max out spell proof? ( I know not to max strength, power and I think its agility at same time or it will stop increasing) I really do not want to waste money on hatches that are bad so any insights from people that have perfect pets and know how to make them would be helpful.
      This post contains 4 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
      Last edited by *Erin*; 1-3-12 at 10:50 AM.

Avatar by Wizardpower100, siggy by The Mad Hatter

benjoromo is offline Magus Wizard

• benjoromo's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wolf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Nala
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Bat

Mood:
      Geeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: How do I make a perfect pet?

First of all, change your perspective. Don't consider a hatch that does not make obvious progress a "waste" of money. It was Edison talking about inventing the light bulb that said and I am paraphrasing, "I did not have 1000 failures. They were all a success. Each time I learned a way that will not work." If you consider it a waste that will increase the frustration and disappointment, increasing the odds of you giving up and that is the greatest enemy to creating a perfect pet.

Second, don't fool yourself into thinking you are going to do it quickly. Break it down into smaller manageable chunks.

1. Try to get two of the four perfect talents first.

2. Try to get the other two talents on a different pet. For example, I would break it down into Blade of life and spell-proof on one pet, spritely and unicorn on the other. However, if you get one combination of two go with that and the other combination. I suggest unicorn and spritely because a number of people are likely to have those.

3. Once you have two pets with combined all the talents you want hatch them together, hoping for three of the talents in one pet. When you get your first pet with three, hatch that in place of the one with two covered in the new pet. You want to make sure you still have all four talents manifested in the parents.

4. OK, you now have two pets with three of the four talents you want, and the three talents are not the same on the two pets. Hatch them together. I thought this would be the most time consuming stage before I reached it. In fact it was not nearly as bad as step two for me. This generally creates some great pets with three of the talents you desire in a perfect.

I also suggest, and I am still working on this part myself. Create a perfect stat pet completely independent of your perfect talent pet. Then when you finish step four you can hatch that pet with the perfect or very good stat pet to increase the spell-proof to 10%. The nice thing about this is that you don't have to train much. You just need the gold for hatching. So, you can do this part of it with a wizard that mostly gardens and gets the money from that. This you can sort of take your time with and go slower.

EDIT:
      OK, one more thing. I think those are not good choices for the perfect talents. Because of the Blade of Life I am assuming it is specifically for a life wizard? Spritely and unicorn on a life wizard are not good choices in my opinion. You will cast guiding light and/or brilliant light setting yourself up for a great heal and then bam! Your stupid pet will cast spritely and completely ruin you awesome rebirth you were going to cast completely restoring the health of that storm wizard who foolishly charged into the first spot in the battle. All other wizards I think spritely and unicorn are two of the best four talents, just not a life wizard. For a life wizard I would suggest replacing spritely and unicorn with spell-defying and may cast tower shield. Depending on your style you may want lifeblade instead of may cast tower shield. I would think lifeblade for when fighting bosses and tower shield for when fighting mobs, if I could choose between the two.

Well, that my advice. Good luck.
      This post contains 10 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
      Last edited by benjoromo; 1-3-12 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added my suggestions for perfect life wizard talents

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
        *Erin* is offline Master Wizard

• *Erin*'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Emma, Erin, Ellie, Erin, Erin, Autumn, Paige and 6 more Erin's
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  I prefer Bella after my cat but alas Isabella is only offered in game. Hmm what to do?
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  I got hundreds! Eek not putting them all in...

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: How do I make a perfect pet?

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>benjoromo View Post
      First of all, change your perspective. Don't consider a hatch that does not make obvious progress a "waste" of money. It was Edison talking about inventing the light bulb that said and I am paraphrasing, "I did not have 1000 failures. They were all a success. Each time I learned a way that will not work." If you consider it a waste that will increase the frustration and disappointment, increasing the odds of you giving up and that is the greatest enemy to creating a perfect pet.

Second, don't fool yourself into thinking you are going to do it quickly. Break it down into smaller manageable chunks.

1. Try to get two of the four perfect talents first.

2. Try to get the other two talents on a different pet. For example, I would break it down into Blade of life and spell-proof on one pet, spritely and unicorn on the other. However, if you get one combination of two go with that and the other combination. I suggest unicorn and spritely because a number of people are likely to have those.

3. Once you have two pets with combined all the talents you want hatch them together, hoping for three of the talents in one pet. When you get your first pet with three, hatch that in place of the one with two covered in the new pet. You want to make sure you still have all four talents manifested in the parents.

4. OK, you now have two pets with three of the four talents you want, and the three talents are not the same on the two pets. Hatch them together. I thought this would be the most time consuming stage before I reached it. In fact it was not nearly as bad as step two for me. This generally creates some great pets with three of the talents you desire in a perfect.

I also suggest, and I am still working on this part myself. Create a perfect stat pet completely independent of your perfect talent pet. Then when you finish step four you can hatch that pet with the perfect or very good stat pet to increase the spell-proof to 10%. The nice thing about this is that you don't have to train much. You just need the gold for hatching. So, you can do this part of it with a wizard that mostly gardens and gets the money from that. This you can sort of take your time with and go slower.

EDIT:
      OK, one more thing. I think those are not good choices for the perfect talents. Because of the Blade of Life I am assuming it is specifically for a life wizard? Spritely and unicorn on a life wizard are not good choices in my opinion. You will cast guiding light and/or brilliant light setting yourself up for a great heal and then bam! Your stupid pet will cast spritely and completely ruin you awesome rebirth you were going to cast completely restoring the health of that storm wizard who foolishly charged into the first spot in the battle. All other wizards I think spritely and unicorn are two of the best four talents, just not a life wizard. For a life wizard I would suggest replacing spritely and unicorn with spell-defying and may cast tower shield. Depending on your style you may want lifeblade instead of may cast tower shield. I would think lifeblade for when fighting bosses and tower shield for when fighting mobs, if I could choose between the two.

Well, that my advice. Good luck.
      Yea, want pet for my life wiz Emma. I don't carry guiding light or brillant light in my deck, so spritely and unicorn are not going to affect that for me. I made two accounts for a really selfish reason. I want my wiz not to have to solo worlds anymore. I have to get my ice, balance, and death through zf first but going to pair life with storm (life is done with game except legendary artisan badge). I think most people think life cannot get in good hits, but we can and I love blade of life with my amulet that has a life blade plus my regular blades ( I like stacking if you could tell ). The spell proof is just so I get more resistence, spritely is my number one heal always ( I absolutely love may cast spritely in a pet ). The unicorn I decided to try for because I don't really like to heal people who rely on a life wiz for all heals I can hit just as good as them and somethimes better but so many people underestimate a life wizard. I am actually open to throwing unicorn out since pets I have with it just sit and look pretty most of the time. I have may cast tower on several pets but it isn't really my thing since I heal super well so not looking for tower but the defy I would have to think about you make a very good arguement for it and can see where it would come in handy more often then unicorn. Also the blade of life in pet would help when I am wearing my myth amulet to break defenses with earthquake could hit with a boost. When not wearing amulet is a nice boost too.

I will have try the breaking down of talents you suggested Ty
      This post contains 13 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
      Last edited by *Erin*; 1-3-12 at 6:26 PM.

Avatar by Wizardpower100, siggy by The Mad Hatter