• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 35
    1. #11
      Froggacuda's Avatar
        Froggacuda is offline Master Wizard
      Status: Bao Zakeruga!!!
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      1,690
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2872
      Thanks (Received)
      2197
      Gold
      2,983.98

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      This is a good start but you might want to expand your guide a bit...

      There are three basic approaches to farming Cuthalla:

      1. Hack away at him with boosted (garg, monstrous, giant, or strong) high level spells including pet boosts (blades, traps, etc, since these don't trigger his cheats). This works particularly well when you have a full circle. Since he doesn't interrupt to cast the tower shields, and everyone passes right away when they don't have the right number of pips yet, the battle usually goes very quickly (7 to 10 rounds). Also, this approach requires no coordination among the players other than telling them to not blade, trap, or shield.

      2. Everyone blades up, then someone Earthquakes to remove all the Tower Shields, then everyone hits with their boosted high-level spells. This is usually slower than the first approach (surprisingly) due to all the interrupts when Cuthalla keeps putting on Tower Shields. It does have the advantage that you don't lose anything by shielding the guy in first position. Also, you need to make sure everyone is on the same page as to the plan.

      3. Boost and kill through the Tower Shield. This is surprisingly easy for almost any school now. Put on any 3 Feints that stack (normal, Amulet, Pet, Treasure Card), whatever other traps you have, blade up, and hit. If done right and everyone is on the same page (which does require a lot of coordination usually including announcing what set of traps are currently placed), this can go faster than the 1st approach, but it usually takes a team ~3 to 5 battles before they usually get to this point. Decide at the start who is the hitter and focus all your attention on trapping and blading him. Again, this also has the advantage of allowing you to shield the guy in first position.

      Bottom line: All of the these approaches will get the job done. The goal in farming though is usually speed. The 1st approach is almost always the fastest and easiest. The 3rd approach can definitely be the fastest but requires a lot more coordination.

      Also, to answer your question, Cuthalla's Satyr is triggered by the use of any attack spell that is under 3 pips.
      Last edited by Froggacuda; 12-13-11 at 11:15:25 AM.

    2. #12
      ~Hawk IceBlade~'s Avatar
        ~Hawk IceBlade~ is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • ~Hawk IceBlade~'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze HawkHunter, Mark IceBlade Ice lvl 76
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Madame Tiger, Mark's Prince Tasha
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Leopard, Magma colossus
      Status: Insert Status Here
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      3,487
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      845
      Thanks (Received)
      1159
      Gold
      57.94

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Froggacuda View Post
      This is a good start but you might want to expand your guide a bit...

      There are three basic approaches to farming Cuthalla:

      1. Hack away at him with boosted (garg, monstrous, giant, or strong) high level spells including pet boosts (blades, traps, etc, since these don't trigger his cheats). This works particularly well when you have a full circle. Since he doesn't interrupt to cast the tower shields, and everyone passes right away when they don't have the right number of pips yet, the battle usually goes very quickly (7 to 10 rounds). Also, this approach requires no coordination among the players other than telling them to not blade, trap, or shield.

      2. Everyone blades up, then someone Earthquakes to remove all the Tower Shields, then everyone hits with their boosted high-level spells. This is usually slower than the first approach (surprisingly) due to all the interrupts when Cuthalla keeps putting on Tower Shields. It does have the advantage that you don't lose anything by shielding the guy in first position. Also, you need to make sure everyone is on the same page as to the plan.

      3. Boost and kill through the Tower Shield. This is surprisingly easy for almost any school now. Put on any 3 Feints that stack (normal, Amulet, Pet, Treasure Card), whatever other traps you have, blade up, and hit. If done right and everyone is on the same page (which does require a lot of coordination usually including announcing what set of traps are currently placed), this can go faster than the 1st approach, but it usually takes a team ~3 to 5 battles before they usually get to this point. Decide at the start who is the hitter and focus all your attention on trapping and blading him. Again, this also has the advantage of allowing you to shield the guy in first position.

      Bottom line: All of the these approaches will get the job done. The goal in farming though is usually speed. The 1st approach is almost always the fastest and easiest. The 3rd approach can definitely be the fastest but requires a lot more coordination.

      Also, to answer your question, Cuthalla's Satyr is triggered by the use of any attack spell that is under 3 pips.
      Yes I know the under 3 pips and its a satyr rule.
      But a couple times I had some spells ABOVE rank 3 that trigger it
      (I've seen centaur, my skeletal pirate, and a spectral blast before).
      And apparently I have never used these since I was only able to learn strong lol
      (and there is no blade of death?! GRRRRR!)
      And yes, earthquake is also a good replacement for shatter.
      The ones you listed above are for teams, mind if I include these?
      (The ones I have listed are for solos which backfire due to his random satyr when it is never supposed to happen, still trying to get proof)

      I'll be joining tournaments every once in a while, but I guess I'll never be as active as I used to be.

    3. #13
      Froggacuda's Avatar
        Froggacuda is offline Master Wizard
      Status: Bao Zakeruga!!!
       
      Mood:
      Tired
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      1,690
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2872
      Thanks (Received)
      2197
      Gold
      2,983.98

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>oodles101 View Post
      Yes I know the under 3 pips and its a satyr rule.
      But a couple times I had some spells ABOVE rank 3 that trigger it
      (I've seen centaur, my skeletal pirate, and a spectral blast before).
      And apparently I have never used these since I was only able to learn strong lol
      (and there is no blade of death?! GRRRRR!)
      And yes, earthquake is also a good replacement for shatter.
      The ones you listed above are for teams, mind if I include these?
      (The ones I have listed are for solos which backfire due to his random satyr when it is never supposed to happen, still trying to get proof)
      I haven't seen the random triggers before. But I also haven't been farming him that much lately though (not more than 5 times over the last month probably). I'll have to try this.

      And please feel free to use any info you find helpful.

      By the way, what do you mean by "no blade of death"?

    4. #14
      ~Hawk IceBlade~'s Avatar
        ~Hawk IceBlade~ is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • ~Hawk IceBlade~'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze HawkHunter, Mark IceBlade Ice lvl 76
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Madame Tiger, Mark's Prince Tasha
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Leopard, Magma colossus
      Status: Insert Status Here
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      3,487
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      845
      Thanks (Received)
      1159
      Gold
      57.94

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Froggacuda View Post
      I haven't seen the random triggers before. But I also haven't been farming him that much lately though (not more than 5 times over the last month probably). I'll have to try this.

      And please feel free to use any info you find helpful.

      By the way, what do you mean by "no blade of death"?
      There is a blade of ice, blade of life, blade of fire, and blade flurry (storm).
      What I mean is, there is no card giving blade talent for deaths. and my bro says that the random satyr is triggered by using the same spell twice in a row. (When that skeletal pirate triggered it, I did use poison twice in a row....)

      I'll be joining tournaments every once in a while, but I guess I'll never be as active as I used to be.

    5. #15
      AngusFiredust's Avatar
        AngusFiredust is offline Magus Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Vegged Out
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      1,139
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      147
      Thanks (Received)
      362
      Gold
      653.24

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      The ghoul trick was fixed around the time gardening was released. I used that trick soooo many times.

      The Earthquake way was before Wintertusk and Mtyh got Shatter.

      Didn't know that about the 3-pip attack. I knew if you used a spell below 3 pips he would Tower (like a blade). I knew wanding him made him Satyr.

      Using my Life/Death combo, I would Death blade, garged Poison, repeat. The first hit of Poison would take off the tower, then the other three dish out damage. The Life would sail in a Garged Seraph if everybody was healthy.

      I got six Spinyfish on one account and four on the other, from farming him.

      No clue what you mean about the Death blade. I have some pets that have May Cast Death blade, and I have the crafted Wintertusk hat, and I thought I saw an amulet that gave Death blade on Zafaria.

    6. #16
        Vayne is offline Transcendent Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      7,287
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      533
      Thanks (Received)
      2351
      Gold
      9.66

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      nice guide. you really had to think this through to make such a detailed explanation.

      merry early christmas!

    7. #17
      L3tsb3SmooTH's Avatar
        L3tsb3SmooTH is offline Initiate Wizard

      • L3tsb3SmooTH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze MythTalon, Blaze IceBlood
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  70
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Lulu
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Wyvern
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      230
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      28
      Thanks (Received)
      24
      Gold
      301.08

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      nice guide
      Spoiler
      Party Time!!!!

    8. #18
      fireblaster22's Avatar
        fireblaster22 is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • fireblaster22's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Juan TrollBlood
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maya
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Death troll
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      145
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      6
      Thanks (Received)
      12
      Gold
      139.74

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      The Gnomes Spell came in handy for farming Cuthalla

    9. #19
      ~Hawk IceBlade~'s Avatar
        ~Hawk IceBlade~ is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • ~Hawk IceBlade~'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blaze HawkHunter, Mark IceBlade Ice lvl 76
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Madame Tiger, Mark's Prince Tasha
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Leopard, Magma colossus
      Status: Insert Status Here
       
      Mood:
      Sneaky
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      3,487
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      845
      Thanks (Received)
      1159
      Gold
      57.94

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>fireblaster22 View Post
      The Gnomes Spell came in handy for farming Cuthalla
      Yep, that probably prevents his random no meaning satyrs. But I have never used it yet, will need to test it before adding it

      I'll be joining tournaments every once in a while, but I guess I'll never be as active as I used to be.

    10. #20
      fireblaster22's Avatar
        fireblaster22 is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • fireblaster22's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Juan TrollBlood
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maya
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Death troll
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      145
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      6
      Thanks (Received)
      12
      Gold
      139.74

      Re: Guide to Farming Cuthalla

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>oodles101 View Post
      Yep, that probably prevents his random no meaning satyrs. But I have never used it yet, will need to test it before adding it
      Well I was Farming Cuthalla for spinyfish and Only hand gnomes spells as attack and left 2 life dispel and someone else heal them self it stop cuthalla satyr but some healed them self to and he wraith
      Last edited by fireblaster22; 12-15-11 at 8:38:29 PM. Reason: meant to put heald instead of used it

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •