•  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Gummy, Queen Spencer, King Shadow, Hunter, Max and Lord Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ice Collosus, Sandman, Spider Golem, Deadly NightWalker, Pet Egg and Ice Hound
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

A Beginner's guide on how to level up a Death Free to play

Intro. Death, the mix of storm and ice. is what this guide is about. there will be alot of time and gold invested into correct gear, the learning of the XP system and how to take advantage of it, and knowing what to do with your training points. Currently my death is at level 13 with prebought level 15 and i want to share how to get to my level and higher for death students

Basics

First things first. DONT buy gear until your at least level 15 (unless your buying the level 15 gear only) level 10 gear still drops from mobs. not always the exact gear your looking for but the gear is still useable. its a waste of gold. also dont beg people to bring you to bosses like foulgaze and nightshade. they don't give much XP because you wont be there long.

XP System and Leveling

Now that you know how to spend your gold, its time i tell you how experience works. you get 3 xp for every pip used for spells (0 pip spells get 3 xp) so if you use a death blade, (3xp) then a death trap (3xp) then a banshee (9xp) and then you finish the duel. you will get a total of 15 xp. Keep in mind that also when you fizzle you still get xp! Also death is the ONLY school that get both their school blade and school trap without paying. take advantage of it. at level 9 you should finish all your quests (excluding Boris' ) and will have a little xp to gain before the level up. it looks like a lot but it isnt. from level 9-12 you should fight field guards in the haunted cave with a deck set up like this.

1. Death Blade/Trap
      2. Death Blade/Trap (whichever wasnt used during round 1)
      3a. Pixie if needed
      3b. Ghoul
      4. rinse and repeat.

Once at level 12 its a blessing, because now you can kill field guards in one shot with a blade and trapped banshee (having a huge overkill) but now its the time to stop doing fieldguards, and head to The Harvest Lord. The Harvest Lord has 510 health with a rotting fodder minion with 150 health. Your not just at the harvest lord for xp, you can also get an Elven Storm Cap crown item, giving the storm elf card. Stormy will not only help you by giving an extra 6 xp you also should be thankful about the 70% fizzle rating, if your feeling lucky and have enough health to spare 2 turns you can use stormy for some extra xp. here is how a harvest lord match should go. also you should do this WANDLESS or else you will get your wand cards spammed in your deck. Route A is if you have the Amulet. Route AA is if you have Everything. (0 pip amulet storm cap) Route B is if you have only the amulet. and Route C is a quick route that kills them fast, though it gives the least xp.

1. Death blade/trap on harvest lord
      2. Death trap on harvest lord/blade
      3a. 0 pip amulet spell (Nightshade Chocker is preferred)
      3b. Storm elf on harvest lord (if you have the hat)
      3c. Banshee on Harvest lord
      4a. 0 pip amulet spell (you should have 2 cards)
      4b. Banshee on Harvest lord
      4c. Deathblade/ trap on Rotting Fodder
      5a. Banshee on harvest lord
      5aa. Storm elf on harvest lord (if you have the hat)
      5b. deathblade/trap on Rotting Fodder
      5c. Death blade/trap on Rotting Fodder (whichever was not done before)
      6a. Deathblade/ trap on rotting fodder
      6aa. Banshee on harvest lord
      6b. Deathblade/ trap on rotting fodder (whichever was not done before)
      6c. Banshee on rotting fodder
      7a. deathblade/trap on rotting fodder (whichever was not done before)
      7aa. deathblade/trap on rotting fodder
      7b. banshee on rotting fodder
      8a. Banshee on rotting fodder
      8aa. deathblade/trap on rotting fodder (whichever was not done before)
      9. Banshee on rotting fodder
      Also Pixie when you need it. put in 2-3 if you need it

Gear Specifics
      level 10-15 equipment

baby patch gives 1 dark sprite and +3% death damage (for now)

Pets

The BEST pet ever for a death would either be a ghost hound, a midnight sprite, or a black cat. Each of these gives a card that will be worth an extra 3xp. the ghost or danger hound is the one of the best because it does no DAMAGE!!!! the black cat is good because it can give health gift. and the midnight sprite is good because it can give death giver (+X% Damage) and Pip o' Plenty (+ X% chance of power pips) if someone is so nice and they let you hatch with a satyr hybrid. that is the crown jewel. satyr gives 12 xp per use, but there is a small percentage of getting it. The Danger hound you have to hatch for which can take a while, and it costs a bit of gold. the black cat drops during the month of October in the Halloween towers and from lord nightshade. and the midnight sprite also drops from nightshade. During October i would stick to the Halloween Towers because its always crowded there and there are long battles. which can get you a ton of xp!

Training Points.
      If i didnt make my point up above with satyr, then i'll do it now, LIFE is an amazing second school to learn, because of spirit armor and satyr, both giving 9 and 12 xp that do no damage. thats all i have to say about training points.

Since you get Pacify its another good thing to learn at nightside, an x rank spell that will no no harm to enemies and will give you 21 xp for all your pips (assuming you have no Power Pips) nightside is a free to play area under the waterfall in the commons, but it does require a member to get you through the door.

Long Battles

Starting at a higher level (whenever you feel like doing a ton of spells and living) you can do something called "Long Battles" Long battles is you casting lots of non attack spells, then killing the monster with your highest pip spell. filling up your deck and sideboard with pacify will give you a ton of XP. You can also kill the monster with a tempest if you can afford it too. Remember to bring a card to kill the minion. the best xp i gained in a long battle was 210 xp with the deck shown below with 5 pacifys and 3 pixies

picture proving my record

and thats it for now, here are a couple more guides to look at.

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...d.php?t=118991 Free to play guide for all school by Zingbot

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...50#post1552050 Free to play guide for Ice by Zingbot

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...441&highlight= Free to play guide for Storm by Mr i Myth

Last edited by Max.; 9-25-11 at 4:24:00 PM.

The Blaze is offline Initiate Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: A Beginner's guide on how to level up a Death Free to play

So acctoly you are leveling and afterwards you come here and tell us what you learned and how we can do it too?
      If its so pretty sweet :D . Keep doing it i am tracking you :P.

Max. is offline Magus Wizard

• Max.'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Christopher FireHammer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Gummy, Queen Spencer, King Shadow, Hunter, Max and Lord Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ice Collosus, Sandman, Spider Golem, Deadly NightWalker, Pet Egg and Ice Hound
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i know what to do due to other free to play guides and i noticed there was no death specific one. i learned from my experiance of a free to play. and used zingbots guide to refresh my mind. i am also leveling up my free to play because i got bored in game and wanted to have the same experience that i had 2 years ago when i was a F2P. i made this guide to help other F2Ps (though i havent seen any in a while) and others who wanted a challenge. and yes i am tracking my progress as well

Ronan Hexbane is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Ronan Hexbane's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ronan HeXbane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Gustov
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Hound
      ----

Mood:
      Spooky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I started as a F2P Necromancer, and it was moderatly challenging. Once i capped i almost lost my mind. Now upgraded and more informed i wish i would have seen this. Thank you friend. It is good to know that there still are people who take the time to make this, given there aren't too many F2P around, But the F2P Death students will praise you.

Ace2333 is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thanks for this great guide. Im level 10 Necromancer and i needed some help with leveling up. (i'm close to level 11) i didnt know that one pip give 3 xp so now im gonna spend pips as much as i can :D. But only thing i didnt did right is, i spended alot of money for my equipment. However its ULTRA rare and i got +10 damage and +8% resistance to death spells. I spent about 3000 gold on that but still i am good with money. Now can you make guide what lvl 15 items are best. That would be great . Great guide once again.