Another guide to stacking quests. This is quite a long post, but IMO, quite worth getting through Marleybone quickly. A couple of highlights for why you might want to consider this:
1. You finish the storyline in Marleybone very quickly, so that you can move on to Mooshu, as desired.
2. I completed 2 side quests while inside Big Ben
3. I was able to complete 4 side quests in 3 fights, while standing in front of the person I had to turn them into
4. Reduces the amount of running around and redundant fights you have to suffer through.
Run around and do all of the preparatory quest for the Mayor, Henry Wellingbrook, and Reed Treaver. You'll have to go to Krokotopia a couple of times, so make sure you set a mark in the main square in Marleybone to cut down on transit time. Pick up the book quest from Henry Wellingbrook and the Stray Cat quest from Zeke.
Completing The Storyline
- Pick up side quest 'Flower Fiends' from Lady Desene when you first get there and then talk to Ms. Conrail. She will direct you to talk to Baxter in the Greenhouse. 'Garden Secret', where you will get ambushed by an O’Leary Napper.
- Pick up 8 plants for Lady Desene along the way.
- Pick up sides from Officer Darby ('Crazy Cats', to fight 4 O'Leary Scurriers) and Mr. Rowley ('Watch Your Step', to fight O'Leary Hooligans for his watch) after first fight and then return to Ms. Conrail. Don't forget the Cat.
- Ms. Conrail will direct you to search 3 safehouses for 'House Hunt'.
- Before you head to the first one, make a side trip and turn in your quest to Lady Desene and pick up her second quest, 'Bring Back the Blossom', to find a rare flower in the Greenshouse.
- You will fight a O'Leary Scurrier and O'Leary Burglar in first safe house and a O'Leary Thug and a O'Leary Burglar in second safe house.
- When you get to the 3rd safehouse, grab the side from Emily Chesterfield 'Box from Krok' and then fight an O'Leary Hooligan and O'Leary Midnighter inside.
- If you get the Pocket Watch, turn it in to Mr. Rowley when you pass by the Greenhouse.
- Make sure you pick up the rare plant for Lady Desene whenever you pass by the Greenhouse again.
- Now, fight enough O'Leary Scurriers and O'Leary Hooligans to complete 'Crazy Cats' and 'Watch Your Step', turn them in, and get the side quest, 'More Crazy Cats' to fight 4 more Burglars. Talk to Emily Chesterfield, who will give you the quest 'When it Rains' to retrieve her umbrella … from a O'Leary Burglar. Hold onto these.
- When you finish the 3 safehouses, turn your quest in to Ms. Conrail, who will direct you to fight Willie Marks 'Springing the Snitch' then O'Leary Hooligans for lockpicks 'The Right Tools'.
- Finish the side quest 'Box From Krok' for Emily Chesterfield and turn it in (use the green teleporter).
- Now go and find Baxter in the North Clocktower (green teleporter).
- If you can already get into Chelsea Court, get the Gearhead quest from Ernest Haldings.
- Fight the Gearhead (+ O'Leary Napper) to free Baxter; don't forget to grab the book on the way out.
- Drop off the scarf and necklace you got from Emily at Tracy Castleton when you finish Hyde Park and report to Sherlock Bones in Digimore Station.
- Return to Reagent’s Square and refill your mana. Stop by Stuart Goddard to fix the scarf. Talk to Tracy the next time you are at Digmoore Station and then stop by Emily the next time you are near her.
- Pick up 'As the Bone Turns' from Henry Wellingbrook (you'll have to see Emily, Ms Marphely, and Tracy Castleton), which you can do as you cycle through Hyde Park and Digmoore Station
- When you talk to Emily about Henry’s Letter, you can also turn in her Necklace, which will result in a request for you to deliver it to Ms. Marphely. Fortunately, that is your next stop after you visit Henry.
- Talk to Ms. Marphely and get the side quest, 'There Goes the Hood' from Lord Barker to fight 4 O'Leary Ruffians.
- Go to the Clocktower and pick up the side quest to fight Gearheads from Ernest Haldings, if you have not already done so. Hold onto this quest though. Make sure you check around the Clocktower for Scrap Iron and pick up the Cat.
- Mark the Clocktower and return to Ms. Marphely.
- Port back to the Clocktower to talk to William Pugsby who will send you on a quest to fight Shakes O'Leary (+ O'Leary Bruiser).
- Fight Timmy Icepick (+ O'Leary Hooligan) (he is at the blue teleporter) then turn your completed quest in to William Pugsby.
- Report back to Ms. Marphely.
- Fight Potbelly (+ Gearhead) in Clocktower. Grab the book on the way out and turn any completed quests into Ernest Haldings.
- Report back to Sherlock Bones to finish off the storyline in Chelsea Court.
- Fight the mobs that Baxter tells you to.
- Mark Baxter's location and find Nails O'Leary (+ O'Leary Scurrier) to get the password.
- Port back to Baxter, mark his location again, then find and defeat Brady the Sneak (+ O'Leary Scrounger).
- Port back to Baxter again and finish off the fight with Pops O'Leary (+ O'Leary Napper).
- Quit and return to get dumped back onto the platform at Digmoore Station.
- Report to Sherlock Bones.
- Fix the necklace as directed by Ms. Marphely.
- Report to Henry Wellingbrook to pick up the last piece of 'As the Bone Turns'.
- When you finish Ironworks, Abigail Doolittle will start her chain of quests, starting with collecting 5 crates in the Ironworks. Do this and turn it in. You’ll get 'Party Planning' as your next quest. Hold onto this. Make sure you talk to Tracy Castleton for 'As the Bone Turns' on your way to the Ironworks
- As you head to the roof of Scotland Yard, talk to Marcel and the Toad who are in jail cells.
- Marcel's quest will take you to William Pugsby and then to fight some O'Leary Hooligans, but hold onto it for now.
- The Toad will require you to fight some Sweeps, but hold onto this too.
- Work your way through the prison to the rooftop. You'll pass a set of keys, mark this spot.
- Once you get to the rooftop, head to the left and talk to Officer Pruski and get a quest to get the Jail Keys.
- Port back to your spot, grab the keys and return to Office Pruski. He will then give you a quest 'Back Behind Bars' to fight 4 O'Leary Ruffians. Hold onto this.
- Now, Follow the officer's directions to chase Meowiarty. As you approach the ramp where Officer Wallace is, approach slowly, but stay on ramp. Meowiarty will call some minions to fight, but as long as you are still on the ramp, you will not get pulled into a fight. Run around them and keep going.
- At the second ramp, after Officers Anderson (who gives you a side quest to fight 4 O’Leary Brutes) and Stone, do the same thing. Approach Meowiarty slowly until he calls his minions, and then run around them.
- Fight Gibson O’Leary (+Tomb Roamer) at the Hideout.
- Fight the Agony Wraith at the Clocktower (blue teleporter) and grab the book … you’re done with the Newgate Prison portion of the storyline.
- Talk to Simon Ritchie about the shoes (the first quest from the Toad).
- Now it’s time to talk to the ladies. Head to Digmoore Station and mark the platform. The Best route is to talk to Ms. Marphely (you can turn in 3 quests to her), Lady Desene, Ms. Conrail, Emily Chesterfield and then port back to Regent's Square. - Grab Abigail’s next quest to talk to Officer Darby, Officer Barkely, and Sherlock Bones.
- Port back to the Platform, talk to everyone you need to, and then return to Reagent's Square to turn your quest in to Abigail. The next quest you’ll get from Abigail is 'Given ‘Em The Brush' to defeat 3 Sweeps. Hold onto this.
- While you are in Regents Square, visit Simon Ritchie and then Watson to clear Wadsworth of his first charge. You’ll then receive 'Liberty!' which will require you to fight … wait for it … Sweeps!, until you find Abigail’s ruby.
- Talk to Sgt Steeg then Linda Milltop to fight Jacques the Scratcher (+ O’Leary Brute). In general, if you always keep a teleporter marker at Sgt Steeg, you won’t go wrong.
- Report back to Sgt Steeg and get the quest to defeat 2 Deadly Scratchers. You can find these on the platforms around the Clocktower. The second platform has 2 Deadly Scratchers all by themselves, which makes them easy to beat.
- While you are already at the Clocktower, find David Beeman and grab 'Lose the Looters' (retrieve 4 Tea) and Bill Tanner (near green teleporter) and get the sides from them. Don't forget to grab the Cat by the Clocktower.
- The first side quest from David Beeman requires you to fight 4 Trolls. Complete this and then get the quest to collect 4 Tall Crates, which you can collect as you make the rounds to talk to Catherine Dalton and Amy Brooks at the direction of Sgt Steeg.
- Visit Bill Tanner to obtain the quest to fight Prowlers for a Ransom Note.
- Once you fight the Deadly Scratchers for Sergeant Steeg, Linda Milltop will have another quest for you ... which requires you to fight 4 Scratchers (generic, no specific type specified).
- Catherine Dalton will ask you to talk to Amy ... do so.
- Talk to Hougie Warner then Andrew Coleman for Amy. Refill your mana while you are at it.
- Port back to Sgt Steeg and mark. Talk to Linda Milltop on your way to investigate Amy Brook’s place. She will give you a quest to fight Scratchers for Lockpicks. Hold onto this.
- Visit Amy Brook's place and drop off her hat; visit her house for Sgt Steeg.
- Fight the Scrounger and Scratcher in Amy Brook's place.
- Port back to Sgt Steeg and talk to Linda for 'The Jacket Racket'.
- Go to commons to talk to Angus Crankenhop and Stuart Goddard.
- Port back to Sgt Steeg.
- Drop off jacket with Catherine Dalton and then visit Amy Brooks to obtain 'Purse Curse'.
- Fight Jacques the Scratcher (+ Deadly Scratcher) and grab the book.
- Drop off quest with David Beeman to get his next quest to fight 2 Brown Recluse spiders. Hold onto this. You'll satisfy this in Big Ben.
- Defeat enough Scratchers to recover Amy's purse and fulfill Linda's quest. Hopefully, you already got 2 lock picks and maybe the purse from earlier fights. You will get another quest to visit David Beeman (Troll Patrol), but we’ll wait on this one too.
- Fight Firegut and mark the location outside the sigils.
- Return to Watson to report.
- Port back to Firegut and go around the corner to fight Clanker.
- Make you way back to Watson, get through the doors and work you way to Dr. Katzenstein. As you go, trigger the 5 chimneys.
- Fight Dr. Katzenstein.
Counterweights and Big Ben
- Just work your way through these 3 instances. They are a pain, but you have to do it. Along the way, you will fight at least 1 Sweeper (2nd floor) and 2 Brown Recluses (7th floor), which fulfill quest requirements
- Turn these quests in and you are done with the storyline part of Marleybone.
Finishing off the Side Quests
- Return to Knights Court and turn in 'Arachnophobia' to David Beeman and pick up 'Off With Her Head', to fight Black Widow; if you collected Abigail’s Golden Ruby in Big Ben, turn it in on the way.
- Finish off the Trolls to complete 'Troll Patrol' at your leisure. When you turn it in, he will ask you to report to Linda Milltop. Do this and get her next quest, which will take you to Bill Tanner for 'Sweeping Sickness' (collect 3 stinkbombs).
- Stop by William Pugsby in Chelsea Court for 'Piece of Mime' and receive a quest to fight O'Leary Hooligans for the Expense Necklace
- Turn in 'The Purse Curse' to Amy Brooks (yellow teleporter) and obtain The Purse Curse 2. Visit Simon Ritchie then Emily Chesterfield (green teleporter) and get the quest to fight O'Leary Burglars to get purse.
- At this point, you should have 3 quests for fight O'Leary Burglars (When It Rains …, More Crazy Cats, and Purse Curse 2) and one to fight O'Leary Hooligans (Piece of Mime), all of which can be found in front of Emily Chesterfield, who incidentally, is who you have to turn some of these in to. You need to fight 4 O'Leary Burglars, find an umbrella, purse, and a necklace (O'Leary Hooligans), so focus on the Burglars. I was able to complete all 4 quests in 3 fights.
- Complete enough fights to satisfy all 4 quests then:
- Turn in 'When It Rains …' to Emily;
- Turn in 'The Purse Curse 2' to Emily;
- Go around the corner to the green teleporter and find Officer Darby to complete 'When it Rains ...' and turn in 'Crazy Cats'.
- When you turn these quests to Officer Darby, he will give you 2 more quests 'Leader of the Pack' to fight Sammy O’Leary and 'It Pours'.
- Find the warehouse and fight Patches O’Leary (+O'Leary Burglar) for 'It Pours', and then report to Office Darby via the blue teleporter outside
- Mark Officer Darby and fight Sammy O Leary (+O'Leary Scurrier) to complete 'Leader of the Pack'.
- Port back to Officer Darby to turn in 'Leader of the Pack'
- Report back to Scotland Yard to free Marcel.
- Head into Knights Court to visit Catherine Dalton to complete 'The Purse Curse 2'.
- Head to Chelsea Court to turn in 'Piece of Mime' to William Pugsby.
- While you are there, fight 4 O'Leary Ruffians to satisfy 'Back Behind Bars' and 'There Goes the Hood'. If you pick your fights carefully, you can do this in 2 fights.
- Turn 'There Goes the Hood', to Lord Barker on your way back to Digmoore Station.
- Now, head to Scotland Yard to turn in 'Piece of Mime' to Officer McRuff, talk to Marcel, then Office McRuff again, which will direct you to Mr. Rowley in Hyde Park.
- Continue to Knights Court to turn in The Purse Curse 2 to Catherine Dalton.
- While you are in Knights Court fight the Sweeps for 'Sweeping Sickness' and 'Given 'Em The Brush'. You can fight solely Sweepers or you can fight them mixed with O'Leary Prowlers to complete 'Catnapped!'. This might want to fight a mix of sweepers and prowlers depending on your shielding and patience.
- When you are done with the requirements for 'Sweeping Sickness' and 'Catnapped!', turn them in to Bill Tanner.
- Bill will ask you to fight Mikey the Brick (+O'Leary Prowler) to rescue Sarah Tanner for 'Damsel in Distress'.
- When you are done, visit Linda Milltop and then Abigail Doolittle.
- Abigail will ask you to deliver more invitations to the ball, but stop by Hyde Park first, to talk to Mr. Rowley, who will ask you to fight some more Burglars. Complete this and turn it in to Office McRuff. To finish off the quest, you’ll have to talk to Marcel, but immediately go back to Office McRuff, who will have a new quest for you, to talk to Lady Desene, who needs you to kill some spiders. Hold off on this.
- Now, head into Newgate Prison to turn in 'Back Behind Bars' and 'Policeman's Ball 2' to Officer Pruski.
- Officer Pruski will give you a quest to fight 4 O Leary Swindlers. Mark the spot and head back to Reagent’s Square to turn 'Policeman’s Ball 2' in to Abigail, who will send you on a new quest to talk to the ladies
- Run the invites and return to Abigail. She will give you a quest, ‘Fiddle Riddle’ to talk to David Beeman but don't talk to him yet.
- Return to Hyde Park and fight 3 spiders for Lady Desene.
- Turn in Lady Desene's quest to Officer McRuff and get quest ‘Neighborhood Watch’ to defeat 3 Gearheads for Ms Marphely. As you fight Gearheads, turn in any quests you complete for Ernest Haldings.
- Turn in ‘Neighborhood Watch’ and get last McGruff quest, ‘Clean Sweep’ to fight Street Sweepers
- Now, head into Knights Court, talk to David Beeman for ‘Fiddle Riddle’; fight enough Sweepe near Bill Tanner's location to satisfy ‘Clean Sweep’ and ‘Fiddle Riddle’. Report back to David Beeman, Abigail, and then Officer McRuff.
- Get the ‘Time of Death’ quest from Gary Anthony Web in the wand shop when you complete the David Beeman fiddle quest and complete at your leisure.
- Return to Newgate Prison and fight the 4 O'Leary Swindlers, turn this in and then fight Mugsy (+Ruffian)
- Finish off the rest of the O’Leary Brutes.
- Fight Lockpick O Leary (+O'Leary Brute) and save Constable Ogilvy.
- Enjoy your Member of the Watch badge!!!
More guides to stacking quests across the Spiral: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2098575#post2098575