The Blog that will eventually be about PvP.

Minions...

Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.
I decided to make a blog about the wonderful creatures Minions. Minions are very very useful in PvP.

Some minions are better than others, and some really should stick in 1v1 duels.

Once you get into 3v3 and 4v4, minions should stay out of the arena. They end up turning into a waste of pips. The reason for that is all the new group spells. You will summon your trusty Sprite, but next turn it gets hit by a Nova, Storm Lord, etc...

2v2 is Kinda iffy. It all depends on your opponents. If you have 2 storm or fire enemies, minions are not for you. With a blade, and a meteor/tempest/dragon/ or whatever and the minion is gone.

You might be thinking, well they can get hit by a group spell in a 1v1 duel too. If you notice though, there is less of an incentive to bring group spells into a 1v1 duel other than minions. Which means the opponent will not be packing that many(unless they are fire because I am always getting hit by a dragon in 1v1). 1v1 is where your minion shine..... well most minions. Some minions should avpide the arena completely. Those ones are the Water Elemental, and the Minotaur minion. those minions shield themselves, and taunt your opponents. As most of you hopefully already know, taunting a wizard will do absolutely nothing. So they turn out to be a waste of pips themselves.

Back to the whole minion thing. In 1v1 duels, I like to carry about 3-4 minions in my deck at all times. They are great for breaking shields, and sooner or later your opponent will get so annoyed by them that they will waste pips and possibly buffs to kill them. I recommend shielding your minion as soon as you possibly can. BE smart about it though. If your opponent is death, do not go shielding your minion with elemental shields right off the back. I recommend, putting a shield of the enemies school on him/her, or a tower. Then maybe later if you waiting for pips or something, put shields of other school on them just incase.
-For you Theurgists out there. After putting on a shield, throw down a couple absorbs(treasure and normal) onto your sprite. The sprite lacks in health but is great with healing, and breaking life shields.

You do not always need a minion out in a duel though to have a chance at winning. Here are some cases I recommend getting a minion out asap:

-Opponent is shielding tons
-Opponent has high resist(You will need as much extra damage as you can)
-Opponent is healing tons(keeps their health even lower and makes them need to heal more often rather than attacking you)
-You need something to take a hit and pips from your opponent.
-You want a cute cuddly friend to keep you company during a long duel.

Now reasons not to summon a minion:
-Opponent is unleashing all enemy spells(Minion will be gone faster than you know it)
-Minion is taking up room in hand.(There is a discard button)
-You need to heal(save those pips for a heal dont summon minion, unless you are life).
-Opponent has a minion(kill their minion asap, then summon one of your own)

Yes there are exceptions to these, but those are some common reason to/ or not to summon a minion.

More to come later...
Anything you would like added feel free to comment about. :)

Submit "Minions..." to Digg Submit "Minions..." to del.icio.us Submit "Minions..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Minions..." to Google

Updated 8-5-09 at 3:25:21 AM by Alex JadeRider

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice Advice! What do you think about the living puppet minions? And Minion aid spells?
    I agree with the 1v1 idea, my death wizard uses animate when opponent shielding becomes a pain. When i have a lot of power pips, animate (which is an X pip card) summons a minion with 1000hp+,and helps me get rid of said shields.
    Very helpful. When I finally get into the dueling areana ( Currenlty Working on PvE, not PvP) I will use you entries to help me with the areana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ironthorn
    Nice Advice! What do you think about the living puppet minions? And Minion aid spells?
    Living puppet minions are definitely great shield breakers since they attack every turn, with a wide variety of schools. They also make your opponent waste pips/attack/wands/ a turn because eventually it will annoy them enough.

Minion aid spells are nice too. I never quite found room in my deck for them, but I would say the most valuable would be mend minion, and shield minion. Since the shield is a 70% tower shield, it is great for use against all schools.
    Was Taunt an accident? Or is it really meant to do nothing?
    <- Only curious thing, other than that, Great guide so far :]
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightCrystalz
    Was Taunt an accident? Or is it really meant to do nothing?
    <- Only curious thing, other than that, Great guide so far :]
    Taunt ONLY affects the computer characters(Monster, boss). It does not work on people because you are free to select whoever you want.
    Nice guide
    I love how you add into when to summon a minion
    ~You want a cute cuddly friend to keep you company during a long duel.

lol and also I saw my sister cyclopes minion kill a sprite minion, it was funny XD
    Thanks for this. I'm usually keeping minions in deck for a 3v3, which now, I see is not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex JadeRider
    Living puppet minions are definitely great shield breakers since they attack every turn, with a wide variety of schools. They also make your opponent waste pips/attack/wands/ a turn because eventually it will annoy them enough.

Minion aid spells are nice too. I never quite found room in my deck for them, but I would say the most valuable would be mend minion, and shield minion. Since the shield is a 70% tower shield, it is great for use against all schools.
    True, but living puppets only have 40 health, making it so easy to defeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Wolf

They are not meant for durability. Most opponents will not want to waste their higher level spells on the puppets, so they can stay out a while. And whenever they do kill the puppet, they just used up a turn, so it can protect you for a way. They are just meant to break shields until your opponent feels like wasting a turn, and possibly pips.
    It's especially fun to use living puppets when your opponent has his pip bank full. :P
    Living puppets are the easyest things to testroy. I mean it is so easy. But when you get to marlybone then there health is like 1,300 and they have harder spells.
    Sorry for some of the spelling
    this would be a very good guide to people who have their minion spell
    cool i am always in a pvp i am needing to send messages i twont let me unless i get one myself lol i am dungan titanblood level 45 life
    They are not meant for durability. Most opponents will not want to waste their higher level spells on the puppets, so they can stay out a while. And whenever they do kill the puppet, they just used up a turn, so it can protect you for a way. They are just meant to break shields until your opponent feels like wasting a turn, and possibly pips.

WRONG a fire would just use dragon astorm would use tempest

the only reason i use living puttit is because i sacrifice it for health

WRONG a fire would just use dragon astorm would use tempest

the only reason i use living putt it is because i sacrifice it for health
    Quote Originally Posted by ;bt1344

Close: They have 45 health
    wow, that was a good explanation, I never thought of minions that way. But still, Kingsisle needs to fix the minion's AI so that they might be a bit more useful. and plus the fact that some of the strongest minions, only use rank 3 spells as their best spell.
    I use a lot of minons because most of them really annoy the other player and they end up useing a large damage spell on them thus wasteing their pips

I like minions and pie