Notes Written By An Onion

Top 10 most Overpriced Items in Wizard101 (Part 2)

Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average.
Sigh... I had nearly finished this list and I accidentally closed the tab, thinking it was something else. Now gotta start all over. :52:

Anyways, as promised, I'm delivering the second half of my list to you of Kingsisle's most amazing microtransactional blunders. Enjoy.
"Top most Overpriced Items in Wizard101" (Continued)

[B]#5: Second Chance Chests
[/B]At first glance, this doesn't sound like such a bad idea. For 50 crowns, you can try a second time to get that elusive Gurtok ring. You put in 50 crowns, and get 350 gold in return. What? That's not part of the deal! You try again, and get the wrong ring. You try again for 150 crowns, and get some random mob robe. A few attempts later, you're ready to pump in 400 crowns for another item. You get... a Small Corner Wall Ruins!

lolwut?

[B]#4: School Housing
[/B]We're down to the last 4 spots, so things are starting to get interesting. School housing sounds cool when you first see it. Yay! A cool school house! This so totally rocks! ...until you see the $20 price tag slapped on it. That cool school house has lost a bit of its luster, hasn't it? You can get an equally cool house (Marleybone Mansion FTW!) for a mere 30,000 gold. That's like, what, 6-7 raven runs? Nice try, Kingsisle, nice try.

[B]#3: Mega Snack Pack
[/B]The MSS is very very very helpful in the awfully tedious process known as "Pet leveling." Instead of gaining 4-5 XP for playing a mini-game, these healthy snacks boost your pet by 30-50 XP. Sounds great, right? Yes and no. Yes for the XP, no for the 2,500 crown ($5) price tag.

Fun fact: Kingsisle claims that the Mega Snack Pack is 10 times better than the basic Snack Pack.

So why does the MSS cost 25 times more, instead of 10, Crownsisle?

[B]#2: Pet Energy Refills
[/B]Reminds me a lot of the college textbook situation. Kingsisle knows you need refills, and they take advantage of it. There are two ways to regain pet energy. One is to take the plunge and drop 250 crowns. The other is to wait 15 minutes... to get ONE pet energy back. ONE! Oh, you've been leveling your Ancient Defender Pig, and you've run out of energy? Pooh pooh, what a shame. Now you have to wait 2 hours just to play another game. Combined with the fact that level 50 wizards only get 48 pet energy, you can only play 6 mini-games before running out of energy. KI is definitely trapping us with this one.

[B]#1: "Cool" Mounts
[/B]For a mere 30 dollars, you can buy an ultra cool rainbow pony (rainbow ponies unicorns, same thing :chris:), tiger, or shark mount. For this price, you'd think that these mounts would increase your level by 17, make you invincible, and have cupholders at the very least, right? Wrong. Instead of cupholders, we get... a 40% speed boost! Yay! Now let's think of all the other things I could've done with $30.

-- That's half my yearly Wizard101 subscription.

-- A quality Nintendo DS game sells for $30. Some of the best games I've ever played have been for this system and at that price.

-- The state of New York was purchased for $24.

-- A decent set of portable cupholders to go with your mount shouldn't cost any more than $30.

-- A homeless guy could live off McDonalds for 3-4 days with $30.

Yes, a cool mount costs MORE than the state of New York, and does not even come with cupholders. We're in a recession, but I think Kingsisle is definitely milking this one for a *bit* more than it's worth.

So there you have it, my latest comedy filled top 10 list. Enjoy, comment, rate 5 stars, and tell your friends. :agreed:

See y'all later!

$cot :music:

Submit "Top 10 most Overpriced Items in Wizard101 (Part 2)" to Digg Submit "Top 10 most Overpriced Items in Wizard101 (Part 2)" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 most Overpriced Items in Wizard101 (Part 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 most Overpriced Items in Wizard101 (Part 2)" to Google

Updated 9-23-10 at 5:18:25 PM by Onion Knight

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

lol nice list, and i TOTALLY agree they should have cupholders ont he mounts :D
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by treef5
    lol nice list, and i TOTALLY agree they should have cupholders ont he mounts :D
    lol
    haha, thanks. We should start a petition called "Cupholders for mounts." :D
    I found this post funny and true at the same time :D
    o: I'm selling ma tiger mount and goin' to get me a New York
    LOL @ the mount costing more then New York!
    Haha I agree.

Sigh...
    There subscription should be the most expensive thing
    @Tim Yeah, I find it a bit odd that a couple of cheesy mounts costs just as much as a year's subscription.

@Jonah haha, I thought I might get a few laughs out of that one. It is a true fact, though.
    Oh, yes it is, but still so funny.

*At the conference to buy New York*

Well, sir, I can part with it for about 24 dollars.

*J Todd Coleman comes in from the future*

Forget New York! Buy this collection of pixels!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    Oh, yes it is, but still so funny.

*At the conference to buy New York*

Well, sir, I can part with it for about 24 dollars.

*J Todd Coleman comes in from the future*

Forget New York! Buy this collection of pixels!
    Haha! Tough decision. A virtual rainbow pony who really doesn't do much to back up its mega price tag, or a state. Hmm, I wonder if New York has cupholders. :D
    I could not agree more. Especially on the pet refills, 250 crowns on 6 games, or 8 hours.
    And the shark mount doesn't even sell in gold.

Crownsisle

Awesome list, I completely agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markles
    I could not agree more. Especially on the pet refills, 250 crowns on 6 games, or 8 hours.
    And the shark mount doesn't even sell in gold.

Crownsisle

Awesome list, I completely agree!
    Thanks, Mark.

I considered adding in the redone version of the Celestian Sword to be #1, since it's so awful (carbon copy of the D-Rider staff minus 5 damage). That's another point against the shark, no gold and no cupholders. D:
    lol 1 cupholders 2 too high prices i could buy New York, take the money there, and buy it like THAT
    You forgot retraining that now cost over 7000 crowns if you have CL training points.
    ooo that right
    second chance chests woot woot. i got a snack from mine xD (jk)
    actually now retraining cost about 1500 crowns
    LOL the last part is awesome lol xD
    Rofl that is so true and what a laugh
    Thanks for the hilarious list
    So true. LOL love the NY thing.