Notes Written By An Onion

Best route for a minimal quests, Grandmaster?

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, I've got a question. This isn't any ordinary question, so I doubt many will be able to answer.

I'm trying to level a Myth and Death (using 2 accounts here) to grand. I'm level 25 in Big Ben, currently. I just wanted to know, which side quests will I have to do in order to reach grand status? I'm looking to do as few as possible.

My friend, Blake Firerider, said he got to the Dragonspyre Academy, no sidequesting, at level 41. However, I'm pretty sure that this was before DS starting shelling out more XP, so I'm figuring that level 43-44 is what I'll be by Malistaire, if I continue on with a low% game.

Anyone got a good route?

Thanks,
D

Submit "Best route for a minimal quests, Grandmaster?" to Digg Submit "Best route for a minimal quests, Grandmaster?" to del.icio.us Submit "Best route for a minimal quests, Grandmaster?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Best route for a minimal quests, Grandmaster?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well no specific quests in the general, but I usually always do all of the DS sides first, MS sides second, and if I'm not grand by then proceed on to MB sides from the last questing area to Hyde Park. Those are the quests from greatest to least in xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by dapangrulez
    Well no specific quests in the general, but I usually always do all of the DS sides first, MS sides second, and if I'm not grand by then proceed on to MB sides from the last questing area to Hyde Park. Those are the quests from greatest to least in xp.
    Sounds reasonable enough. I think that MS actually shells out a bit more XP than DS, but if you have to hit both of them anyways it probably doesn't matter.
    Yes exactly, MS does actually give more and for less the work in my opinion. In the end I also have to whip them all down to get to grand so it doesn't really matter where I start. On my balance I actually did Grizzleheim to get me to grand :P I also have raven farming access, so it wasn't a total waste. Celestia and a new level cap should happen when the update comes around so it will be interesting to see how we hit the level cap when it comes around.
    for the most part, I'll pick up sides as I continue along the quest line and come back for them later. As I get closer to GM, I complete the sides, but don't turn them in, basically saving the XP until the level cap is raised.
    Any side quest that doesn't make you go out of the way to do it.
    I pick up side quests and don't turn them in. But also I double up on XP. For instance, I know that I have to kill certain spiders or that I will get Horned Barbarians with the mobs that are needed for main questline. So, killing the same mobs fulfills 2 or 3 quests at the same time. You can do that in MB too.

Of course, if you do this, you do have to go back and pick up XP to get to grand. With that, I generally look at what will gain me the most XP for the time. That will be the DS book quest lines.
    Sorry, dude, but the fastest way to level up is doing all the side quests. If ya just do the main storyline, you probably would be level, I don't know, maybe level forty by the end of the game. At that point, to reach grand, You would have to do a bunch of monster battles or go back and complete the side quests in some other world that ya got bored of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Starbreaker
    Sorry, dude, but the fastest way to level up is doing all the side quests. If ya just do the main storyline, you probably would be level, I don't know, maybe level forty by the end of the game. At that point, to reach grand, You would have to do a bunch of monster battles or go back and complete the side quests in some other world that ya got bored of.
    Not exactly true. I have friends who have finished the game with no sidequests, and they got done at 42-43 range. With the new added XP to DS, I think I can probably be between 43-45 (depending on how much extra we get), and then I can pick up MS/DS sides to get the rest. KT and WC sides give so little that they aren't worth it, and I think I can skip out on MB as well.
    Ohhh... *nods head* I stand corrected.
    I would skip some of the ds side quest. While yes they give more xp in the amount of time it takes to finish one of them you could have finished 2 or 3 mb side quest and at a lower level. My tip is to be a completion, finish all the quest in an area (other than ones like sunken city) before moving on to the next area.
    Ok Here is what I did with my death grandmaster.

Wizard City-All Main Quests
    Krokotopia-All Main Quests and Side ones in Pyramid of the Sun
    Marleybone-All Main Ones
    MooShu-All Quests
    Dragonspyre-All Main Ones