The World of Insanity

Language Learning

Rate this Entry
Hello people who may or may not be reading this!
So in the past few months or so I've really gotten into learning languages. I've created a fascination with the ability to communicate the same principal ideas in totally different ways and words. You can open so many doors for yourself by knowing languages and I've become so excited to open doors for myself. Like I am currently learning Spanish and French, and I hope to be one day "Fluent"* in 10 languages and maybe even more.
So my question to anyone who is reading this is, are you interested in learning languages? Are you multilingual? Is anyone learning a second, or even third, fourth, etc., language?
I just find languages to be so cool lol.
Well thanks for potentially reading this,
Nathan

*By Fluent I mean to say that I could easily hold a random conversation with a speaker of said language and be able to be understood and to understand the other person.

PS: If you want to know the 10 languages or anything about my process in language learning, drop me a message or something like that.

Submit "Language Learning" to Digg Submit "Language Learning" to del.icio.us Submit "Language Learning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Language Learning" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wow fluent in 10 languages is a huge feat, that's awesome. the only language i'm interested in is german. i took 5 years of spanish and can remember some of it but it was never interesting to me. i definitely thought i knew a fair amount of german after two years but after going to germany you realize that it's a lot harder to communicate with the locals than you'd think. there's often different dialects plus they speak so fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adder
    wow fluent in 10 languages is a huge feat, that's awesome. the only language i'm interested in is german. i took 5 years of spanish and can remember some of it but it was never interesting to me. i definitely thought i knew a fair amount of german after two years but after going to germany you realize that it's a lot harder to communicate with the locals than you'd think. there's often different dialects plus they speak so fast!
    While German, is not a language I'm interested in learning, I still think it's a pretty cool language. I really like that you can make compound words for phrases we have in English. (I think... it's one of those Germanic languages that does that. I'm no expert\_(ツ)_/ ) Anywho, I know what you mean though. I think I'm "conversational" in spanish but then I encounter a native speaker and I freeze up lol. One day hopefully that wont happen.
    Updated 6-24-15 at 9:03:48 PM by Marshall Lee
    I wish to learn another language. I'm supposed to be learning Spanish because of the big Hispanic community in my city, but the Spanish classes in my high school were just vocabulary drills and "fill in the blank" exercises and didn't at all entice me to practice the language. I'm better off trying to learn Spanish by listening to my family during gatherings or watching their Spanish soap operas.

I really want to get into Russian, Arabic, and some Eastern European language I still haven't decided on. But I'd like to get into Latin before pursuing any other language.

It would be great to be multilingual, but I rarely have the time and energy to teach myself. (Taking a class is out of my options since I didn't like my experience with my high school Spanish class.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Ninja Escapist
    I wish to learn another language. I'm supposed to be learning Spanish because of the big Hispanic community in my city, but the Spanish classes in my high school were just vocabulary drills and "fill in the blank" exercises and didn't at all entice me to practice the language. I'm better off trying to learn Spanish by listening to my family during gatherings or watching their Spanish soap operas.

I really want to get into Russian, Arabic, and some Eastern European language I still haven't decided on. But I'd like to get into Latin before pursuing any other language.

It would be great to be multilingual, but I rarely have the time and energy to teach myself. (Taking a class is out of my options since I didn't like my experience with my high school Spanish class.)
    That stinks having a class like that :/ It's better to practice speaking the language and vocab memorisation will come with necessity lol. But at least you have a readily available resource for listening and speaking.
    That's pretty cool you want to get into Russian and Arabic! Those are two of the languages I want to learn as well. Russian is such a interesting and enticing language to me, not sure why lol.
    Updated 6-25-15 at 10:22:16 PM by Marshall Lee
    Wow, good luck with learning all those languages! Right now I'm working with Spanish in High School, but I'm hoping I'll be able to retain the language after and finish learning it after.
    i'm taking spanish, now for the fourth year, and i really love it. it's quite an easy language to learn and it's so fun when you know how to communicate. im better at reading spanish, as opposed to speaking/writing, but i feel thats the same with every language you learn.