Spellbinder

Real World

Rate this Entry
I have been dealing with a few things irl lately that have about driven me batty at times. I don't like it when things are out of my control, yet, I am the one that needs to get it back under control. It is hard, but I am doing it.
The last few weeks of going nutty, W101 and central have really, really been helping me. Most will have heard the sayings about making mountains out of mole hills and other related things. To get real perspective, often, you need to step back. For me, that is what this game is, my step back.
The interesting thing about stepping back and in many ways, out of reality for a bit and entering into a world of wizards or anything else that isn't real, but, for a bit, pretending it is, is that you can actually find out about yourself and learn strategies for real life.
In worlds made up, things can go right, or they can go wrong, and sometimes, that fake scenario becomes the inspiration that you needed.
Ok, I know a lot of songs I pick are older ones, but, I get a lot of my music from my Dad.
One song that always reached me is Real World by Matchbox 20.
The nice thing about songs is that, while they were written about one thing, like poetry, they can take on other meanings based on the individual.
To me, the song is all about the pointless questions that help you find out about yourself, daydreaming, and just needed to step back and take a reality break.

I wonder it's like to be the rainmaker
I wonder what it's like to know that I made the rain
I'd store it in boxes with little yellow tags on everyone
And you can come and see them when I'm
Done, when I'm done

I wonder what it's like to be a super hero
I wonder where I'd go if I could fly around downtown
From some other planet, I get this funky high on yellow sun
Boy I bet my friends will all be
stunned, they're stunned

Straight up, what did you hope to learn about here
If I were someone else, would this all fall apart
Strange, where were you, when we started this gig,
I wish the real world, would just stop hassling me
And you, and you, and me.

I wonder what it's like to be the head honcho
I wonder what I'd do if they all did just what I said
I'd shout out an order, I think we're out of this man get me some
Boy don't make me wanna change my
tone, my tone

Please don't change, please don't break
Could the only thing that seems to work at all is you
Please don't change, at all from me to you,
And you, to me

And you, and me.

It can be fun to take a break with a friend, a relative and others. Lets all remember that that is what this game is. A step back and a time to ponder things that ultimately don't matter so that way we can face the things that do matter with a smile.
What would you do if you were a rainmaker? What would you do if you made the rain?
I wouldn't put the drops in boxes, I would hang them all across my room and share them with the people I care about. What about you?

Submit "Real World" to Digg Submit "Real World" to del.icio.us Submit "Real World" to StumbleUpon Submit "Real World" to Google

Updated 3-30-15 at 6:23:52 AM by Spellbinder

Categories
Soundtrack Musings

Comments