The World of Insanity

Anime

Rate this Entry
Heyo! So last night while reading the Glass Menagerie, I was like I'mma watch Totoro. So I watched My Neighbour Totoro for the first time last night and I must say it was pretty good. It was not what I thought since if a character is in the title you assume they're a main character. But despite that I still really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was charming and it had just the right mix of reality and fantasy that it was just so neat.
So I was wanting all your opinions on new anime. So do you have any recommendations for new anime that you think I would like? If I get any suggestions, I will try and watch or at least try and watch all of them. I've never really been into anime unless you count Cardcaptor Sakura. Cya :3 Nathan

Submit "Anime" to Digg Submit "Anime" to del.icio.us Submit "Anime" to StumbleUpon Submit "Anime" to Google

Tags: anime, totoro
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've watched it as well and truly is good. Have you tried watching any of Hayao Miyazaki's other films?
    I actually watched Howl's Moving Castle last night and I thought it was wonderful! I watched the trailer before hand to get an idea of what it's going to be like but the trailer doesn't give the movie justice.
    Yes, that one was one of his best. If you're looking for more of his works, I would recommend Spirited Away. It still has the magical/fantasy aspects, but maintains a realistic atmosphere.

He's also made his last film The Wind Rises which is now in theaters.
    Updated 3-2-14 at 12:16:17 PM by Camille
    I wish I didn't have to do note cards for my research paper because I would so be watching Spirited Away right now. I watched a small bit of earlier and I was like "Must stop so I can finish note cards o-o". And the sad part is that the note cards aren't hard they're just monotonous.