IridianShadowweaver

Poetry Parody: A Spiral Love Song

Rate this Entry
Please enjoy this revision of the poem "I Hear America Singing", by Walt Whitman, Spiral-wise:

I Hear the Spiral Singing

I hear the Spiral singing, the varied carols I hear,

Those of Bartleby and Grandmother Raven, singing the song of creation, melodious and eternal, woven in roots and stars,

Merle Ambrose singing his as he takes the measure of boys and girls, and sends them to their wizardly fates,

Diego singing his as he makes ready for dueling, or leaves off dueling,

Charon singing what belongs to him in his boat, demanding payment for a tour of Tartarus,

Prospector Zeke singing as he gathers varmints, Eloise Merryweather singing as she stitches and unstitches magical garments,

The Ravenwood professors’ teaching songs, the young wizard’s song, riding her mount in the morning, or studying at noon intermission or at sundown,

The sorcerous singing of the Theurgist, or of the Pyromancer, or of the Diviner,
Each singing the magic that belongs to him or her and to none else,

The day what belongs to the day—at night the party of Promethean wizards, robust, friendly, Singing with open mouths their magical songs.

Submit "Poetry Parody: A Spiral Love Song" to Digg Submit "Poetry Parody: A Spiral Love Song" to del.icio.us Submit "Poetry Parody: A Spiral Love Song" to StumbleUpon Submit "Poetry Parody: A Spiral Love Song" to Google

Updated 2-5-14 at 2:30:33 PM by IridianShadowweaver

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments