IridianShadowweaver

Leaving the Spiral

Rate this Entry

I just learned that I have been given a beta invite to a highly anticipated new MMO. I was planning to leave the Spiral at the end of March, as the game launch date corresponds to my W101 sub expiration. Now I will spend a large part of my game time in the beta, and away from the Spiral. So, it's an early farewell to my friends and family in the Spiral. I'll be around for new content, to help with bosses, and to pvp on occasion.

Interestingly, the beta invite corresponds to the recent kerfuffle over KI breaking Fairy Friend and the resulting unhappiness among the wizarding community, which reinforces the thought that it's time for me to fly away.

Good hunting, wizarding peeps. I love ya with all my Theurgist's heart,

Iridian
---------------------------------------------------------------------

In March 2014, I am leaving the Spiral. At that time, I will have been a denizen of the Spiral for over 4 years. I will have encountered many monsters, I will have made many friends.

Recent events and decisions are the basis for my decision to leave the Spiral, and recent encounters with KI support have served to reinforce my choice. First, my older son wants me to migrate to a new game with him, an offer I simply can't refuse. Second, I have decided to pursue my doctorate, beginning in Fall 2014, so I will have less free time to spend gaming. Third, as I have been pondering all this, I had an encounter with KI customer support that left me less than impressed. Bartleby is sending me a message, Grandmother Raven is echoing that message, and the gods of customer service are reinforcing the message.

So, if you've wanted to meet up with me, now's the time to do it. 4 months and counting.

Warmest Regards,

Iridian/Qbb

Submit "Leaving the Spiral" to Digg Submit "Leaving the Spiral" to del.icio.us Submit "Leaving the Spiral" to StumbleUpon Submit "Leaving the Spiral" to Google

Updated 2-10-14 at 2:07:47 PM by IridianShadowweaver

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18
    I for one will be very sorry to see you go. I know I have not been in the game much over the past several weeks and mostly due to not having the time to play. I guess I better see about getting some time in before you leave. I will dearly miss you sister wizard.
    Sister Fallon,

I sincerely hope that you and I will continue to enjoy our connection IRL. I have been very fortunate to meet you, and I would love to remain your loyal friend.

Much Love
    Quote Originally Posted by ShefferMcarl
    I'm sorry to see a faithful Wizard leave. I feel in the category of poor support, and have as well defeated countless bosses. I hope schooling goes well, and I also hope to see you back soon!
    I intend to visit the Spiral on occasion, as time permits. Otherwise, I'll be up to my eyebrows in awesome educational gaming projects and hanging about with my sons. We plan to explore Elder Scrolls Online when it launches in Spring 2014.

Thank you for your kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18
    I very much want to continue our friendship. I also feel very fortunate to have met you.

I hope to get some play time with you before you leave the Spiral but I also hope you aren't going to delete your wizards. I set my accounts to a monthly subs some time back and would like to see you here every now and then. But I also want you to enjoy yourself with your sons. We will stay in touch.

Love Ya sister
    I'll be in the Spiral a great deal over winter break, Dec. 10-Jan. 10, so we will definitely find time to play. Hopefully we can explore Khrysalis together.

I do intend to keep my wizards I love my girls too much to discard them. LOL, that classroom contains thousands and thousands of hours of gameplay. No way I'd give that up!

No worries, my sis. We'll totes stay in touch!
    Updated 11-28-13 at 1:34:26 PM by IridianShadowweaver