Pancake Review Blog

Etc. Pancake Review #1

Rate this Entry
Etc. Pancake Review are reviews that won't be Wizard101 related, so I'd like to review a movie I recently watched, named Paranorman. Since it's not canon Pancake Review (sort of,) I will be too lazy to find pictures which are the only things that enrich my reviews an iota of humor.

ParaNorman is about a strange little kid who has a special ability, the ability to talk to ghosts. The kid's name is Norman (no, really?), and is voiced by Kodi-Smit McPhee who starred in the movie Let me In (a horror movie that you should not watch unless you don't care that it's rated R.) Every year in the town Norman lives in, a witch's curse is set to effect unless a book is read to the witches grave.

ParaNorman reminds me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and other movies like Gremlins and Jaws. It carries the PG moniker but holds content that will make little kids look up to the parents and go, "what's that mean?" ParaNorman really pushes the boundaries of a PG movie, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it lets ParaNorman skim the border of comedy for a PG film.

If you are a parent reading this it may be a good idea to investigate the content of the movie before taking any children. It's really quite enriched with some adult humor and crude charactes.

ParaNorman was released in 3D, but the 3D is really unncesscary. There was like, two moments where the 3D actually looked like 3D, but if you watch in 3D you may leave with an unneccesary headache. ParaNorman has absolutely dazzling animation. It's claymation, and it still looks absolutely great. ParaNorman also is frequently hilarious. I would definitely reccomend watching this movie.

GRADE: A-
Age Group
10+

Submit "Etc. Pancake Review #1" to Digg Submit "Etc. Pancake Review #1" to del.icio.us Submit "Etc. Pancake Review #1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Etc. Pancake Review #1" to Google

Updated 9-16-12 at 9:05:28 PM by Captain Pancakes

Categories
Other Reviews

Comments