Blog Comments

Thank you!
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyCat
    If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I hope this post doesn't get deleted too *grumble grumble...*

But yes, America is another big step in the right direction :]
    I have no clue what you're talking about
    If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I hope this post doesn't get deleted too *grumble grumble...*

But yes, America is another big step in the right direction :]
    i'm taking spanish, now for the fourth year, and i really love it. it's quite an easy language to learn and it's so fun when you know how to communicate. im better at reading spanish, as opposed to speaking/writing, but i feel thats the same with every language you learn.
    Wow, good luck with learning all those languages! Right now I'm working with Spanish in High School, but I'm hoping I'll be able to retain the language after and finish learning it after.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Ninja Escapist
    I wish to learn another language. I'm supposed to be learning Spanish because of the big Hispanic community in my city, but the Spanish classes in my high school were just vocabulary drills and "fill in the blank" exercises and didn't at all entice me to practice the language. I'm better off trying to learn Spanish by listening to my family during gatherings or watching their Spanish soap operas.

I really want to get into Russian, Arabic, and some Eastern European language I still haven't decided on. But I'd like to get into Latin before pursuing any other language.

It would be great to be multilingual, but I rarely have the time and energy to teach myself. (Taking a class is out of my options since I didn't like my experience with my high school Spanish class.)
    That stinks having a class like that :/ It's better to practice speaking the language and vocab memorisation will come with necessity lol. But at least you have a readily available resource for listening and speaking.
    That's pretty cool you want to get into Russian and Arabic! Those are two of the languages I want to learn as well. Russian is such a interesting and enticing language to me, not sure why lol.
    Updated 6-25-15 at 11:22:16 PM by Marshall Lee
    I wish to learn another language. I'm supposed to be learning Spanish because of the big Hispanic community in my city, but the Spanish classes in my high school were just vocabulary drills and "fill in the blank" exercises and didn't at all entice me to practice the language. I'm better off trying to learn Spanish by listening to my family during gatherings or watching their Spanish soap operas.

I really want to get into Russian, Arabic, and some Eastern European language I still haven't decided on. But I'd like to get into Latin before pursuing any other language.

It would be great to be multilingual, but I rarely have the time and energy to teach myself. (Taking a class is out of my options since I didn't like my experience with my high school Spanish class.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adder
    wow fluent in 10 languages is a huge feat, that's awesome. the only language i'm interested in is german. i took 5 years of spanish and can remember some of it but it was never interesting to me. i definitely thought i knew a fair amount of german after two years but after going to germany you realize that it's a lot harder to communicate with the locals than you'd think. there's often different dialects plus they speak so fast!
    While German, is not a language I'm interested in learning, I still think it's a pretty cool language. I really like that you can make compound words for phrases we have in English. (I think... it's one of those Germanic languages that does that. I'm no expert\_(ツ)_/ ) Anywho, I know what you mean though. I think I'm "conversational" in spanish but then I encounter a native speaker and I freeze up lol. One day hopefully that wont happen.
    Updated 6-24-15 at 10:03:48 PM by Marshall Lee
    wow fluent in 10 languages is a huge feat, that's awesome. the only language i'm interested in is german. i took 5 years of spanish and can remember some of it but it was never interesting to me. i definitely thought i knew a fair amount of german after two years but after going to germany you realize that it's a lot harder to communicate with the locals than you'd think. there's often different dialects plus they speak so fast!
    Oh 100%, I never understood that. What makes anyone think that graduating high school means you are automatically an adult ....that's not the case most of the time.
    I wish I didn't have to do note cards for my research paper because I would so be watching Spirited Away right now. I watched a small bit of earlier and I was like "Must stop so I can finish note cards o-o". And the sad part is that the note cards aren't hard they're just monotonous.
    Yes, that one was one of his best. If you're looking for more of his works, I would recommend Spirited Away. It still has the magical/fantasy aspects, but maintains a realistic atmosphere.

He's also made his last film The Wind Rises which is now in theaters.
    Updated 3-2-14 at 1:16:17 PM by Camille
    I actually watched Howl's Moving Castle last night and I thought it was wonderful! I watched the trailer before hand to get an idea of what it's going to be like but the trailer doesn't give the movie justice.
    I've watched it as well and truly is good. Have you tried watching any of Hayao Miyazaki's other films?
    Oh really? I never would have seen that unless you she had pointed it out. I hope she writes other books in the future.
    Actually I read afterwords that Veronica Roth planned it that way because at the end of Divergent and Insurgent Tris goes to die but she isnt sacrificing herself. And so it like tracks the progression of how she learns what true sacrifice is.
    Honestly, I was shocked as well with Tris. Can't say that I didn't shed a tear or two but it was indeed very melancholy. I suppose though that Veronica wanted to send Allegiant off with a strong, unique, memorable ending even though it wasn't exactly the happy version. One of my favorite series.
    Couldn't agree more D:
    Hmm I guess but there is a 75% tax on the price =3
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast